IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Poppett - hang in there! I've been POAS every day, just to be sure, and I have had no bleeding at all. I keep dreaming about miscarriages, too.

So I had my first U/S yesterday, and I'm having one little baby bear. I'm relieved a bit - twins would be just too much physically, financially, and emotionally right now. We'd probably make it work, but like I said, I'm relieved I don't have to worry about it right now.

I'm still ok according to the test, but I'm worried my hormones wouldnt have dropped yet so I'd still show as pregnant anyway. I guess everyone worries but I can't figure out if my pessimism is based on anything! 6 days til my scan :)

Congrats Beau! How many weeks were you when scanned? V exciting!

It's such a disappointment Megg as you were all set and when they "changed" their minds, it does your head in. Thankfully you've worked it out though. Hospital have done slightly the same with me. Said it would be June with NHS and now it's August, I'm so pissed, especially since they are doing up the ward! That's the reason....:hugs:

I actually had a lot of guilt when they were paying for my wedding too. LOL Its just so hard to take money from them! But, I'm similarly in the position of not being able to turn it down.

Try not to worry about it, they're your parents and want to help! I bet they'd give ten times that for you to be happy! Guilt is just going to make you less relaxed for your next cycle, and as Beau says it will all fade into history hopefully with a BFP :)

Megg - my parents ended up helping us with most of the cost for our IVF. Turns out they paid quite a bit more for my brother's wedding than mine, and to be "fair", they offered the difference in help funding our infertility treatments.

I also felt extremely weird. EXTREMELY. I don't like taking money from people, period. Even as a gift. Very, very independent. But, when we weighed my situation of being a poor student at age 34, probably not able to do much more than IUI's until I'm 37, and my husband's age of 41 now, we decided to take the help. The anxiety of that faded away with my BFP, and next cycle, it will fade away with yours, too :)

I'm sorry you had such trouble with the office and insurance. At least your insurance covered a lot of the cost! We had to pay out of pocket for everything, from our first IUI. But I don't really fault insurance companies for that. I just have problems when their policies say they cover something and they don't.

Poppett - hang in there! I've been POAS every day, just to be sure, and I have had no bleeding at all. I keep dreaming about miscarriages, too.

So I had my first U/S yesterday, and I'm having one little baby bear. I'm relieved a bit - twins would be just too much physically, financially, and emotionally right now. We'd probably make it work, but like I said, I'm relieved I don't have to worry about it right now.
Congrats! Loving all the BFPs on here! I'm next !!!!!:happydance:

Megg,
Just wanted to chime in and say that we had to ask to borrow $ from my parents this cycle too since we are just tapped out having just paid for the failed one in feb. You are not alone with this! I hated to do it, but they offered. I was just in so much sadness after the failure, my mom just wanted to help. It will all be worth it when it works out!

Its really comforting to know that I'm not the only one in the position of borrowing money from my parents! I know it shouldn't matter... but I feel better knowing that its just not just me! Thank you for sharing, girls!!!

Funny thing... I sent an email to the finance person at the clinic asking some questions about the balance and how it would work when the insurance did clear. Now, by the time she reads the email, I'll be telling her "never mind, I'll just pay it off." LOL

Ok so I am 3dp5dt and I have had spotting today. Seriously I know that this what it is but seriously anyone with a BFP that had bleeding this early? It has been small and stringy (sorry, tmi)) and has red/pink tinged earlier and now it is brown. It is a tinny tiny amount but it is still so worrying.

Ha and for those who had to borrow money I am sure if this does not work we will be in the same boat or in CC debt! There is no shame if it is offered.

Ok so I am 3dp5dt and I have had spotting today. Seriously I know that this what it is but seriously anyone with a BFP that had bleeding this early? It has been small and stringy (sorry, tmi)) and has red/pink tinged earlier and now it is brown. It is a tinny tiny amount but it is still so worrying.

Ha and for those who had to borrow money I am sure if this does not work we will be in the same boat or in CC debt! There is no shame if it is offered.

I wish is written more down so I had exact dates but I'm pretty sure I had the same on 2dp/3dp/4dp5dt and I got BFP! Having said that, I'm still having it and now I'm panicking about getting to my scan so I understand your anxiety! But at least getting to BFP with spotting is possible based on my experience, and fxed for the next bit!

Funny thing... I sent an email to the finance person at the clinic asking some questions about the balance and how it would work when the insurance did clear.
They'll probably give you a refund:thumbup:
It has been small and stringy (sorry, tmi)) and has red/pink tinged earlier and now it is brown. It is a tinny tiny amount but it is still so worrying.
Sounds like old blood. Take care:hugs:

I can't remember if I had spotting early on with my '02 BFP, but I have heard that can be a good sign, a sign of implantation!!!!:happydance: It would make sense to have a little red/pink then have it be darker like the spot healed and it was old blood then. I think it's a good sign!!!!:thumbup:
Are you going to test at home early?:hugs:

congrats to everyone with bfp and yay for one baby beau!

megg: I'm glad you took the money. I borrowed from my parents as well for this which I hated, but I hated the thought of waiting even more!

AFM: start stims tomorrow. Scared, but eager! Going to some open houses today and planting some flowers in the garden. I need to RELAX!

Adanma

Just for comparing notes, which medications did you have to take after ET?

Mine is antibiotics since ER for 5 days (3 times a day).
Progesterone suppositories twice a day.
Estrogen pills twice a day.
Hcg shot at 3, 6 & 9 DPO.

It seems somewhat a lot:shrug:

I took abx the 3 days surrounding the retrieval, and have been taking progesterone suppositories and aspirin since. That's it.

Poppet - I was 5w2d when I had my sonogram :)

Funny thing... I sent an email to the finance person at the clinic asking some questions about the balance and how it would work when the insurance did clear.
They'll probably give you a refund:thumbup:
It has been small and stringy (sorry, tmi)) and has red/pink tinged earlier and now it is brown. It is a tinny tiny amount but it is still so worrying.
Sounds like old blood. Take care:hugs:

No, no refund. We DO owe the $1600. The amount pending insurance right now is $15,000. LOL No one has offered us that money! :haha: I was concerned that we'd pay off the $1600 and then she would STILL want more money. She knows how desperate people are to move forward, so she can always use it as leverage to get more money if she wants to. I basically asked if she was going to wait until we paid the amount currently due and then require additional money that we haven't been told about yet. But, I was more concerned about that happening when it was going to take several months to pay off the $1600. I don't think she'll have a chance to do that now.

megg: I'm glad you took the money. I borrowed from my parents as well for this which I hated, but I hated the thought of waiting even more!

AFM: start stims tomorrow. Scared, but eager! Going to some open houses today and planting some flowers in the garden. I need to RELAX!

Adanma

Ooooooh! Stims!!!! :happydance: It'll be fine! And, I'm always just a phone call away if you the Stim Tech Support Line! :winkwink:

Antibiotics for 5 days around the time of ER
Progesterone suppository once a day
Progesterone injection once a day
Steroid each day (Dexamethasone 0.75mg)
Baby aspirin (not part of my protocol, but recommended by my OB/GYN due to my single expression of the MTHFR gene mutation)

Adanma
Yay for stims! I should be starting mine this week too! Just have to wait for AF to show! I just checked my calender to see how long I took stims for last cycle and it was 12 days. Now I'm nervous because that would put me at having to start by Tuesday this week in order to make the May 15th retrieval date! I'm really hoping that will be the date since I have days off of work arranged for. (FS was pretty confident that would be the day.) I think I'm going to call tomorrow and talk to the nurse about it.
How many days is has anyone stimmed for? Maybe I should post that thread?:shrug:

I stimmed for 11 days, was supposed to be 10 but DH was away and had to postpone EC for a day:wacko:

I only stimmed for 9 days, next time they're going to leave me at least a day longer though. hth

Had my 2nd beta today and its high 613! We put back two so now I'm nervous about twins...don't get me wrong I would be so excited but wow the reality that it could be 2 is starting to set in. My ultrasound wont be until May 11 or 12 - its going to be so hard to wait until then to find out!

Beau - congrats on a beautiful growing baby! Hope you are feeling ok!

Meg - I'm glad you took the money from your parents - we were the same as many others on here and had to pay for everything out of pocket including our iui. My parents ended up helping out with the cost of our ivf and I felt weird about it at first too but my Mom insisted and really wanted to help. I look at it as their first gift to their grandchild - helping to make it happen.

Good luck to all starting your stims - its an exciting time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->