IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Right ladies, just been reading your posts about weight gain during ivf cycle and this is not something anyone has ever mentioned to me before! Is it always the case? I don't mind if it works, but if it fails it feels like adding insult to injury...
I did lose them all in 5 days (after ER). Hope I start gaining again, in a good way:haha::baby:

Hi Ladies...

Wow alot has happened since i last popped into this thread! a Huge Congratulations to the handful of women that have there BFP!! Well done :happydance:

Megg- Im so sorry it didnt work out for you, my heart broke the minute I read it :hugs: your such an amazing person! thats given some amazing advice, i so hope and pray 3rd time will be yours.... I keep telling myself if it doesnt work 2nd time i dont know if i can deal with that hurt again :nope: it eats away at you... but always look at the longterm goal that beautiful baby xx

JPC- How is it going along hun? you have a great number of follicles there, Im sure your PUPO as i type :hugs:

In regards to weight gain i didnt put anything on, i lost a bit of weight :dohh: and my stomach was as flat as an iron, and i was getting worried as many say that they get bloated etc etc :shrug: I think it was the stress of it all and the fact that i was stimming on the lowest of drugs ..... In regards to number of follicles.. i agree with what many says ITS QUALITY NOT QUANTITY... I was 28 years old Got 6 Follicles and 5 Eggs in which all 5 Fertilised.. They put back two excellent 8 cells Embryos gave me 70% it will work... and of course the rest is history :nope: (one lady mentioned that her Dr made a comment that she didnt have alot of follicles and it was like looking at a 40 yr olds Ovaries, My goodness talking about harsh! i had much lower follicles than you and im 4 years younger and NOT ONCE did the dr mention anything about the follicles just the fact that i was stimming on very low drugs and all we need to do is increase them for the next try :thumbup:) Please dont take to heart that comment some drs can be heartless :growlmad:

All the best to everyone else where ever you may be in this journey xxxxx

Hi Nayla:wave:
What's your plan for the next ICSI?:flower:

Hi Hun hope your doing well, your almost at the end of your journey, in my prayers xx

The Doctor told me that she would increase the dosage during stimming, she's very scared I will OHSS as I'm just over 7stones and she doesn't want to put too much In me hence while I only had 6 follicles last cycle, her words were "you were stimming on almost nothing, so 5 eggs was a great number" I have said that I would definitely like to make more eggs, we can always freeze the rest :thumbup: she wants to try the short protocol this time.... And keep the rest the same... She will also scrape my uterus on CD2, to make sure its extra sticky for the embryos .. Honestly she said she was very upset and confused it didn't work :shrug: she said she would have never gave me 70% chance it would work is she had any doubts.... Again it Is in the lords hands, once they are in you, nothing can be done... Just prayers I guess [-o<

Hi ladies, well I am somewhere I never thought I would be - PUPO!!

13 eggs collected on Friday, Saturday morning only three had fertilized. Was truelly gutted.

So they called me this morning, was fully expecting them to say they were all gone. Instead 2 x 8 cell and of good quality. 1 x 4. So we decided to go in and have the 2 x 8 put back in.

Am now sitting on the sofa, worrying that if I sneeze I will dislodge them!!

Help - how do I get through the next two weeks??

Am excited but am also so scared!

Good to hear from you Nayla!

x x x

Do you guys think it's the medications that cause the weight gain? Or, is it that the medications cause one to feel more hungry & consume more, which is the main contributer? I've been able to maintain a 90lb weight loss for 4-years and the thought of gaining it back is scary. If it's medications causing what feels like hunger...I think I'll be able to manage. :wacko:

I didn't over-eat or eat differently. Steroids are notorious for causing weight gain. I don't think I had any way of avoiding it. But, I lost it very quickly when I came off the steroids.

Right ladies, just been reading your posts about weight gain during ivf cycle and this is not something anyone has ever mentioned to me before! Is it always the case? I don't mind if it works, but if it fails it feels like adding insult to injury...

Not always... but most of the time. I read some stat that, on average, a woman will gain 15-20lbs during an IVF cycle. I don't know if its true or not... but it has been for several people I know.

Hi Nayla:wave:
What's your plan for the next ICSI?:flower:

Hi Hun hope your doing well, your almost at the end of your journey, in my prayers xx

The Doctor told me that she would increase the dosage during stimming, she's very scared I will OHSS as I'm just over 7stones and she doesn't want to put too much In me hence while I only had 6 follicles last cycle, her words were "you were stimming on almost nothing, so 5 eggs was a great number" I have said that I would definitely like to make more eggs, we can always freeze the rest :thumbup: she wants to try the short protocol this time.... And keep the rest the same... She will also scrape my uterus on CD2, to make sure its extra sticky for the embryos .. Honestly she said she was very upset and confused it didn't work :shrug: she said she would have never gave me 70% chance it would work is she had any doubts.... Again it Is in the lords hands, once they are in you, nothing can be done... Just prayers I guess [-o<

I hope the next time is "the one" for you, sweetie! :hugs:

13 eggs collected on Friday, Saturday morning only three had fertilized. Was truelly gutted.

So they called me this morning, was fully expecting them to say they were all gone. Instead 2 x 8 cell and of good quality. 1 x 4. So we decided to go in and have the 2 x 8 put back in.

x x x

You won't dislodge them! LOL CONGRATS on PUPO!!!

JPC :hugs::hugs: I knew you will do much better this time and you made it to the PUPO stage :happydance::happydance: Well done!

Dont worry that only 3 fertilised the main thing is that you have Two 8 Cells in you, thats excellent :thumbup: look after yourself hun and please try not to stress... i didnt move off the bed/sofa for 4 full days... than tip toeing for the rest of the 2ww didnt even leave the house once thinking my embies will get hurt... :dohh: looking back i wished i just relaxed... as what i have read many women go shopping straight afterwards... work the next day.. i even heard some go to the gym and carry on as usual and they have all gone to have there BFP!! and the ones that are extra extra stupidly careful get a no :shrug: just relax i have great feelings for you!!

Enjoy being PUPO! Quick Q hun was it ICSI you did also? x

congrats on being pupo!

I'm not even weighing msyelf. I'm stressed enough! lol! I have been all water retention-y though. My fingers look like sausages...

So are you on for June cycle then Megg?

I feel so much better after gardening yesterday and just doing some regular old family stuff and not focusing on this whole IVF thing. My son came back from his bio dad's last night and i had the family over for shrimp pasta which was lovely. It was a good day yesterday. Hopefully I can carry this on into teh rest of teh week!

Adanma

congrats on being pupo!

I'm not even weighing msyelf. I'm stressed enough! lol! I have been all water retention-y though. My fingers look like sausages...

So are you on for June cycle then Megg?

I feel so much better after gardening yesterday and just doing some regular old family stuff and not focusing on this whole IVF thing. My son came back from his bio dad's last night and i had the family over for shrimp pasta which was lovely. It was a good day yesterday. Hopefully I can carry this on into teh rest of teh week!

Adanma

Good idea, not weighing! Yes, I am! :) One cycle behind you!

x x x

Congrats!

My dr had me up off the table immediately and told me to take it easy on transfer day and then everything as normal afterwards including working, running etc. I have to confess I haven't been exercising just so I don't blame myself if anything goes wrong, but otherwise I've been acting as normal. I did bleed one day and my DH banished me to bed for the day but I just got really depressed and panicky so I got back up again and find it much easier not to worry now!

As one lady posted when I had the same nerves post-transfer "the uterus had a force stronger than gravity so you cant dislodge them!"

I put myself on 3 days bed rest post-transfer both times... Once it worked, the other time it didn't. I don't think it made any difference.

Gosh ive read all these weight comments and panicked!! 15-20lbs is a lot!! Have been told i can keep on exercising whilst dring but not stimming so may have to up the exercise during the dr period! x

Gosh ive read all these weight comments and panicked!! 15-20lbs is a lot!! Have been told i can keep on exercising whilst dring but not stimming so may have to up the exercise during the dr period! x

I ran all through DRing and felt great, and stopped for stimming (although my nurse said low impact like walking is fine) and put on 2lbs throughout the whole process - although put on another 2 in the week post-BFP as I've stopped weightwatchers! X

I wouldn't say I put on anything more than a couple of lb's throughout. I've been about the same for quite a few months now, so I wouldn't worry about it at all, as everyone is different.

I'm prone to weight gain... don't worry too much about it.

x x x

Congrats! :happydance:Goodluck on your 2WW! :thumbup:I would say try and relax as much as possible and keep stress low. Also keep yourself busy, it will help time pass!:hugs:

Thank you for all the tips. I spent all of yesterday on the sofa. This morning I have washed up and had a little tidy. I am not very good at sitting about!

My sister-in-law and my gorgeous little nephew are coming round later, which will help pass the time.

Nayla I didn't have icsi, my hubby's sperm is very good, something I have always felt guilty about! I always joke he could have got a dozen girls pregnant!

I return to work next week, which I think will do me good. Test date Sunday 15th May ekk!

As for weight, I put on a couple of pounds when stimming. I haven't weighed myself since last Friday and wont until after May 15th. I also haven't been to the gym since Easter Saturday, that was when I started getting pain from the follicles.

x x x

So am I Megg! I've worked to shift 14lbs and scared it'll go straight back on! I know it's not a huge issue but I'm just panicking about it ALL at the moment! Never been so scared in my life!! X

You'll be fine, dreamy! I swear! Its only scary until you get started! :hugs:

Had my 2nd beta today and its high 613! We put back two so now I'm nervous about twins...don't get me wrong I would be so excited but wow the reality that it could be 2 is starting to set in. My ultrasound wont be until May 11 or 12 - its going to be so hard to wait until then to find out!

My first beta was 1070 or something like that, It would have technically been my 2nd but I was out of town on the date I was supposed to have my second. I thought for sure I was having twins! Turns out it's only one. And honestly I was also a little relieved.

Good to hear that blondemop! Congrats on your BFP too :happydance:

For all those worried about weight gain - I gained about 7 or 8 pounds from everything. My doc said it was all in my ovaries because they get sooo big from the stims. I was just thankful its springtime here so I could wear dresses etc to work that were more forgiving of my larger belly at the time:winkwink:

I'll be 5 weeks preggo on Thursday and I've already lost all the weight plus a few extra pounds as well so in my experience it comes off fast! AND as others have said its definitely worth it in the end (although I admit easy to say since this time worked for me). Don't focus on worrying about your weight gain -you don't need that added stresss now. Just focus on taking care of yourself and trying to make sure you do everything to make this work!

FX for all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->