IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Its official... My mother is sending out the funds tomorrow. I hate doing this, but I've got to give it one more shot. If it doesn't work this time, I'm taking 6-12 months off. It'll practically kill me... but I hope it doesn't come to that!

Just for comparing notes, which medications did you have to take after ET?

Mine is antibiotics since ER for 5 days (3 times a day).
Progesterone suppositories twice a day.
Estrogen pills twice a day.
Hcg shot at 3, 6 & 9 DPO.

It seems somewhat a lot:shrug:

I just had progesterone pessaries for 2 weeks :)

Its official... My mother is sending out the funds tomorrow. I hate doing this, but I've got to give it one more shot. If it doesn't work this time, I'm taking 6-12 months off. It'll practically kill me... but I hope it doesn't come to that!

GOOD LUCK! keeping everything crossed for you x

Ok so I am 3dp5dt and I have had spotting today. Seriously I know that this what it is but seriously anyone with a BFP that had bleeding this early? It has been small and stringy (sorry, tmi)) and has red/pink tinged earlier and now it is brown. It is a tinny tiny amount but it is still so worrying.

Ha and for those who had to borrow money I am sure if this does not work we will be in the same boat or in CC debt! There is no shame if it is offered.

I can't remember if I had spotting early on with my '02 BFP, but I have heard that can be a good sign, a sign of implantation!!!!:happydance: It would make sense to have a little red/pink then have it be darker like the spot healed and it was old blood then. I think it's a good sign!!!!:thumbup:
Are you going to test at home early?:hugs:

I'm hoping it's a good sign and not a bad one. It just seems a little early for implantation bleeding. :shrug:

I have already tested to see if the trigger is gone and now it is. I thought I was going to do it but now I am a little scarred. If it doesn't turn positive I think that I will worry about it but I am tempted to do at as I work 4 12's this coming weekend and I am not sure it will be good to be caught of guard. It just doesn't seem healthy to get a BFN and go take care of people who had babies but I am not really sure which is worse. I actually wish that I worked this weekend as I would have rather not done bed rest than have to face this possibility. This is all very confusing.

congrats to everyone with bfp and yay for one baby beau!

megg: I'm glad you took the money. I borrowed from my parents as well for this which I hated, but I hated the thought of waiting even more!

AFM: start stims tomorrow. Scared, but eager! Going to some open houses today and planting some flowers in the garden. I need to RELAX!

Adanma
Yay for stims! I should be starting mine this week too! Just have to wait for AF to show! I just checked my calender to see how long I took stims for last cycle and it was 12 days. Now I'm nervous because that would put me at having to start by Tuesday this week in order to make the May 15th retrieval date! I'm really hoping that will be the date since I have days off of work arranged for. (FS was pretty confident that would be the day.) I think I'm going to call tomorrow and talk to the nurse about it.
How many days is has anyone stimmed for? Maybe I should post that thread?:shrug:

I was suppose to only stim for 6 but ended up doing 9 days.

Had my 2nd beta today and its high 613! We put back two so now I'm nervous about twins...don't get me wrong I would be so excited but wow the reality that it could be 2 is starting to set in. My ultrasound wont be until May 11 or 12 - its going to be so hard to wait until then to find out!

My first beta was 1070 or something like that, It would have technically been my 2nd but I was out of town on the date I was supposed to have my second. I thought for sure I was having twins! Turns out it's only one. And honestly I was also a little relieved.

If won't come to that, PMA!:happydance:

I gained nearly 2kg (4.4lbs) during this IVF, and have lost it all in 5 days:thumbup: I haven't been dieting either, as I know it's not the right time for diet, and this being a bank holiday weekend, it was impossible anyway:haha:

I wish I only gained 4lbs! I gained about 16lbs in my first cycle, lost it all between the loss and the second cycle... plus about 5lbs... and then I gained 17lbs of it back in this last cycle. Can anyone say yo-yo?

I wish I only gained 4lbs! I gained about 16lbs in my first cycle,
:shock: And I was shocked with 4lbs:haha:

Right? :( I'm not exactly thin anyway... So, its not all that surprising. Especially being on steroids... The steroid girls generally gain more than the non-steroid girls. Oh well... What will be will be!

Right? :( I'm not exactly thin anyway... So, its not all that surprising. Especially being on steroids... The steroid girls generally gain more than the non-steroid girls. Oh well... What will be will be!
We'll gain a lot more if we get pg:thumbup:
It'll all be worth it if we get our :baby:

We'll gain a lot more if we get pg:thumbup:
It'll all be worth it if we get our :baby:

Totally agreed!!! :)

Do you guys think it's the medications that cause the weight gain? Or, is it that the medications cause one to feel more hungry & consume more, which is the main contributer? I've been able to maintain a 90lb weight loss for 4-years and the thought of gaining it back is scary. If it's medications causing what feels like hunger...I think I'll be able to manage. :wacko:

Do you guys think it's the medications that cause the weight gain? Or, is it that the medications cause one to feel more hungry & consume more, which is the main contributer? I've been able to maintain a 90lb weight loss for 4-years and the thought of gaining it back is scary. If it's medications causing what feels like hunger...I think I'll be able to manage. :wacko:
I didn't eat excessively while stimming, but gained weight anyway.
Perhaps it's fluid retention? I did drink lots of water (as advised by my acupuncturist). And I had 19 eggs collected, that means 19 fluid filled follies:haha: Only 3 made it to transfer though:blush:

Right ladies, just been reading your posts about weight gain during ivf cycle and this is not something anyone has ever mentioned to me before! Is it always the case? I don't mind if it works, but if it fails it feels like adding insult to injury...

Not sure if I gained weight last cycle or not. :shrug:It's possible since when I decided to start trying to lose and weighed myself, I was higher than I have ever been in my life! :blush:Thankfully I have lost 10 lbs so far and have been exercising everyday pretty much.:thumbup: I hope to be able to continue as long as it is safe to do so. I did feel super bloated last time though! :shock:I had 16 eggs retrieved, not too bad for one ovary I think!:thumbup: Boy was I sore though!
Now, I know for a fact that the steroid can make you gain weight. I have to take it sometimes for another condition. Makes me ravenous! :pizza:And I think you hold more water too? I didn't have to take it last time, but I will be taking it this time. I'm not too worried about the number on the scale during this process since I know I am eating healthy and doing the right things.:thumbup: Last time I was hungry (had the munchies) a lot after transfer though!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->