IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Hi ladies, well I am somewhere I never thought I would be - PUPO!!

13 eggs collected on Friday, Saturday morning only three had fertilized. Was truelly gutted.

So they called me this morning, was fully expecting them to say they were all gone. Instead 2 x 8 cell and of good quality. 1 x 4. So we decided to go in and have the 2 x 8 put back in.

Am now sitting on the sofa, worrying that if I sneeze I will dislodge them!!

Help - how do I get through the next two weeks??

Am excited but am also so scared!

Good to hear from you Nayla!

x x x
Congrats on being PUPO!

I am not sure how you survive the 2WW. I am all ears!

I seriously am not positive anymore. I am 5dp5dt and although I have stopped spotting I am crampy as all get out. I am convinced my progesteron is low but my RE thinks that the 50mg PIO is plenty and there is no reason to increase it. I am trying to be good and follow orders but it is not easy. I guess I just want to do something to influence the outcome. Silly me. I should know by now there is no control in IVF. My beta is on Friday but I am not sure if I am ready. I have done hpt the last two mornings and nada. All of my jubilation from last week is fading. I just have had so much stress these past couple of weeks from family and work issues (perfect timing, right?) that I can't imagine that anything could survive in side my body right now. I also am thinking if this is a no go that this will be my one and only attempt. My dh is doing far worse than I am. He doesn't do well with uncertainty so the wait is killing him!

Maybe I just need to get my positive on! Ready, set, all is well! (well it was worth a try).

Oh and the gaining weight thing I don't weigh myself as the scale is my mortal enemy but I know that I am looking bloated. Actually that has been a little better in the last couple of days. I think that most weight gain is water weight from the hormones. You poor girls on steroids! I was on them for an allergic reaction a couple of years ago and managed to gain 10 pounds in 2 weeks! I just felt so damned hungry all the time. I guess thats probably what pregnancy is like!

Fingers crossed for Friday Ttcne:hugs:

I'm at 4dp3dt, bought dodgy food (one of those spare ribs that's been sitting on the display for god knows how long) yesterday from the supermarket, ate it, threw it up and I now have diarrhea:blush:

Great timing for food poisoning huh? Just when the embies where thinking of implanting:nope:

Ttcne, so you are only 5 days out from transfer right?

I think? I guess I am not sure how everyone else does that calculation. I had the transfer last thursday so I would assume that would be 0dp5dt and then friday would be 1dp5dt, etc? Oh it is now midnight so today it would be 6dp5dt, right?

I'm at 4dp3dt, bought dodgy food (one of those spare ribs that's been sitting on the display for god knows how long) yesterday from the supermarket, ate it, threw it up and I now have diarrhea:blush:

Great timing for food poisoning huh? Just when the embies where thinking of implanting:nope:

Don't worry. If those embies want to implant, nothing's gonna stop them!!:hugs:

oh god that is just awful! I hear stories from my patients about the things that they did or happened before they knew they were pregnant and I see them after they have given birth to beautiful little babies. I know when the stakes are so high that this is such little reassurance. But food poisoning just plain sucks!

I think? I guess I am not sure how everyone else does that calculation. I had the transfer last thursday so I would assume that would be 0dp5dt and then friday would be 1dp5dt, etc? Oh it is now midnight so today it would be 6dp5dt, right?

yeah, that's what I'd say! So still to early for hpt to pick up hormone -don't worry about that. (from what I hear) Then your first beta is on Friday, you'll be 8 days right? Hopefully that will pick up a number. Will they tell you what it is at that time? I had my beta done at my work so I was able to pull it up myself. Sadly it was only like .2 or something, so I knew it was going to be a :bfn:, just residual from the HCG trigger. Okay, so prayers for you on Friday![-o< Also you might not have symptoms as of yet either. Stay positive sister!!:hugs:

yeah, that's what I'd say! So still to early for hpt to pick up hormone -don't worry about that. (from what I hear) Then your first beta is on Friday, you'll be 8 days right? Hopefully that will pick up a number. Will they tell you what it is at that time? I had my beta done at my work so I was able to pull it up myself. Sadly it was only like .2 or something, so I knew it was going to be a :bfn:, just residual from the HCG trigger. Okay, so prayers for you on Friday![-o< Also you might not have symptoms as of yet either. Stay positive sister!!:hugs:

God I'm trying but I feel like dark cloud rolled over me a couple of days ago and I'm done with hoping. I know that's terrible but I think I'm just trying to protect myself if it's BFN. But today I'm all positive thoughts only (although I POAS this am and still nada).

Yes I think from the way I'm calculating Friday will be 8dp5dt. I am having mine done @ work as well but I can't look it up on the computer as they audit to see if we look up our own info. We can get it from HIM though if we sign a release. I was planning on having them put it in an envelope and take it home so both dh and I can open it together.

Fx ttcne

I have a questions for you all. Did any of you have side effects from follistim? I have done two shots so far and I have had a bad headache, nausea, and pelvic achiness ever since the morning after the first shot. I can only guess it's from the follistim. Has anyone had that? I'm only on 100 IU so I'm shocked I feel anything at all...

Adanma

Hi Adanma,

I had some side effects on my first IVF, but then I started to drink tons of water each day - up to 3 liters. The side effects literally went away overnight.

I really can't believe how simple it was, so maybe give it a try!

Liz x

Has anyone had that? I'm only on 100 IU so I'm shocked I feel anything at all...
I did 75iu & 100iu follistim for my IUIs, but didn't get any side effect.
Just remember to drink lots of water:flower:

I will try anything at this point! Thanks ladies for the tip.

Adanma

Fx ttcne

I have a questions for you all. Did any of you have side effects from follistim? I have done two shots so far and I have had a bad headache, nausea, and pelvic achiness ever since the morning after the first shot. I can only guess it's from the follistim. Has anyone had that? I'm only on 100 IU so I'm shocked I feel anything at all...

Adanma

i was feeling very poorly for the first couple of days until i really upped my water intake i was literally drinking all day, taking bottles of water with me everywhere i went and it sorted it out for me, i was on a low dose too x

megg and angie im so sorry it didnt work out this time, wishing you lots of luck for your next cycle x

soon be your turn again wallie lots of luck to you too chick x

Fx ttcne

Adanma

I got achiness in my ovaries... but not after only 2 injections... and not on 100IU. Hmm... Maybe you're just one of the "lucky" ones that get side effects. It has to happen to someone. :shrug: I hope its not too bad, honey! Nausea blows!

Fx ttcne

Adanma

i was feeling very poorly for the first couple of days until i really upped my water intake i was literally drinking all day, taking bottles of water with me everywhere i went and it sorted it out for me, i was on a low dose too x

megg and angie im so sorry it didnt work out this time, wishing you lots of luck for your next cycle x

Oh, I'm not for a while now... it's been delayed until August.

Fx ttcne

Adanma

Oh, I'm not for a while now... it's been delayed until August.

August will be here quicker than you think! :hugs:

Fx ttcne

Adanma

sorry, I can't help as I haven't had follistim.:nope: The only problem I noticed from the stim meds last time was headache, but not severe and only a bit more than normal for me. I did have aches pretty bad getting out of bed, sneezing, coughing etc. But I only have 1 ovary and it made like 18 eggs! So that baby must have been huge!:bodyb:
Hope the water works for you! good luck!:dust:

The water is helping. Not such a big headache today and the nausea isn't too bad either. I'm prone to migraines anyway so I wonder if that has something to do with it? My pharmacy didn't give me enough needles and syringes for my menopur so now I have to go to a local pharmacy and pay for them. grrrrr. I also have to do my follistim and menopur while at a meeting tonight. WTF!? Not my day. How will I sterilise a public bathroom?! note to self: take lots of lysol wipes and alcohol....

Adanma

Glad you are feeling better Adanma:hugs:

As for public toilets, I've done it few times, close the toilet lid and sit on it.
Put a toilet paper on top of the toilet paper holder, and do your thing:thumbup:

Don't drop anything:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->