IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

psp2011- I've been thinking about you all day!! What'd they say?? :flower:

Adanma- I'm so glad you got 2! But, I really can't believe they didn't discuss more with you prior to making big decisions. Well, PUPO with 2 anyways, right! :flower:

Ttcne- I'm glad your interview went well! I hope you get the job! :flower:

Kaylakin- I took Cetrotide for an antagonist. I started it day 6 & took it for 7 days. I had some little side effects from it, but it wasn't too bad.

AFM- My clinic called today & they did ICSI on 7 out of the 8 retrieved eggs & all 7 fertilized. I'm glad the numbers are higher than originally anticipated. I hope that's a testament to how the whole process is going to be. I'll hear again tomorrow how they're doing & will know if they're going to have me do a 3 or a 5 day transfer. I'm happy, but oh so scared.

Hope everyone else is doing well!! :hugs:

Ttcne that sounds positive about the job, and good luck with the FS appt let us know what they say.

Kaylakin I think the short protocol is used for both those expected to be poor responders *and* very good responders i.e. those with a risk of OHSS. God knows how they work it out..

Based on my first FSH test they were lining me up for short protocol as they thought FSH was high indicating a problem with ovarian reserve. Then once I had the AMH test and baseline scan, they said the FSH must have been an anomaly as everything else indicated fine reserve and so they switched me to long protocol instead.

Basically I think there are many different ways they can do it. I seem to be on quite a small number of drugs (from today, just one each for the DR + Stimming) whereas other people are on lots of different things at once. I hope that's not because I'm on some kind of no frills state-funded treatment but just about the clinician's own preferences and the fact that we are all unique :)

X

Thanks for the info. I have also heard that they can prevent OHSS more with the antagonist one. Not sure why. I'm so confused. I will ask at my appointment where I learn all about my protocol and everything. I'm so tired of just taking the BCP already. I want to get started ... :-( That is great that you just have the DR and stimming drug -- makes it easier to keep track of and manage. I think you're right..it just comes down to the clinician's preference..

Ttcne that sounds positive about the job, and good luck with the FS appt let us know what they say.

Kaylakin I think the short protocol is used for both those expected to be poor responders *and* very good responders i.e. those with a risk of OHSS. God knows how they work it out..

Based on my first FSH test they were lining me up for short protocol as they thought FSH was high indicating a problem with ovarian reserve. Then once I had the AMH test and baseline scan, they said the FSH must have been an anomaly as everything else indicated fine reserve and so they switched me to long protocol instead.

Basically I think there are many different ways they can do it. I seem to be on quite a small number of drugs (from today, just one each for the DR + Stimming) whereas other people are on lots of different things at once. I hope that's not because I'm on some kind of no frills state-funded treatment but just about the clinician's own preferences and the fact that we are all unique :)

X

psp2011- I've been thinking about you all day!! What'd they say?? :flower:

Adanma- I'm so glad you got 2! But, I really can't believe they didn't discuss more with you prior to making big decisions. Well, PUPO with 2 anyways, right! :flower:

Ttcne- I'm glad your interview went well! I hope you get the job! :flower:

Kaylakin- I took Cetrotide for an antagonist. I started it day 6 & took it for 7 days. I had some little side effects from it, but it wasn't too bad.

AFM- My clinic called today & they did ICSI on 7 out of the 8 retrieved eggs & all 7 fertilized. I'm glad the numbers are higher than originally anticipated. I hope that's a testament to how the whole process is going to be. I'll hear again tomorrow how they're doing & will know if they're going to have me do a 3 or a 5 day transfer. I'm happy, but oh so scared.

Hope everyone else is doing well!! :hugs:

Congrats on 7 fertilized..that's great news!!! :happydance:

psp - best of luck the next few days...so exciting to be so close to your transfer date...great news about the ER!

Just a quick update, will try to get on at work tonight! They finally called and 5 of the 7 that were mature fertilized! I'm happy with that! Still on track for tues transfer so I'm hoping for 3 but would be happy with one strong one!

Amor, wow, u did great with 7! Got me beat! Lol! I wish mine would update me sooner but won't call again until Monday!

Just a quick update, will try to get on at work tonight! They finally called and 5 of the 7 that were mature fertilized! I'm happy with that! Still on track for tues transfer so I'm hoping for 3 but would be happy with one strong one!

Amor, wow, u did great with 7! Got me beat! Lol! I wish mine would update me sooner but won't call again until Monday!

Woo Hoo!! 5 is great!! :hugs: I didn't think they were going to call tomorrow at all, according to my calendar, but the nurse said she wanted me to know about a day 3 transfer the day before if that's going to happen. We're getting closer!! :flower:

I couldn't stand it any longer. I POAS this morning and it was positive. I am 5dp5dt and I got a :BFP: :happydance:

Wishing Amor and PSP good luck with your transfers!! :hugs:

Yay andso!! Not Pupo any more, just P and BFP!! Hooray hooray. There are a lot of people POAS early at the moment it seems and getting a good result :)

Amor and PSP how are you doing? All good numbers sounding good for your ET.. is it Monday they both happen?

Sorry if I got that wrong, I have lost count a bit with everyone it is so busy on this forum at the moment - so much activity!! Hopefully you will be following everyone else with their BFPs before too long.

X

andsowelaugh, congrats!! So happy for you!!!

Amor, any news yet?

littlemouse, my ET is suppose to be on Tues (5 day transfer) so hopefully I will get some good info on Monday on how the embies faired over the weekend!

woot woot! I saw that girl! congrats!! so happy! Another one to add from the May girls!!

congrats andso!!

so I poas again this morning and the 2nd line is much fainter than the past two days. I'm hoping it was a not as sensitive test, but I'm beginning to worry. Will test again tomorrow am and then my beta is on tuesday so... fx

Adanma

andsowelaugh- Woo Hoo!!!! :happydance:

Adanma- I'm sure everything's fine!! Fingers x'd for Tuesday!! :flower:

LizzB- Congratulations!! :happydance:

AFM- I got a call from my clinic today & they're going to do a 5-day transfer on Tuesday. The nurse said all 7 embryos are still hanging in there, so I'm hoping there will be some to freeze. We'll see what happens. Feeling nervous & scared, but also a bit excited.

Hope everyone is doing well!! :hugs:

Yay for 5! That is wonderful news especially with the higher 5 day implant rate. Your cruising right along!

I couldn't stand it any longer. I POAS this morning and it was positive. I am 5dp5dt and I got a :BFP:

Wishing Amor and PSP good luck with your transfers!!

Congrats!

Adanma, I'm sure you are fine! Remember it's still very early, goodluck for tues!:hugs:

Amor, I've been wondering how you are doing! I'm glad your embies are doing so well! :thumbup:I hope mine are too! I haven't gotten an update :nope:so I'm anxiously awaiting the call later today!:hugs:

Watching and cheering you all on! Congrats to the new BFP's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->