IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Congratulations to all you bfp girls!!! So exciting seeing them all! Gives us all hope xx

congrats andso!!

so I poas again this morning and the 2nd line is much fainter than the past two days. I'm hoping it was a not as sensitive test, but I'm beginning to worry. Will test again tomorrow am and then my beta is on tuesday so... fx

Adanma

I've been POAS everyday trying to watch if the lines are getting darker. I don't have my first beta until the 31st. I'll be crazy by then. One of tests I took the result was lighter but the control line was lighter too. I will be thinking about you. I hope all goes well tomorrow. :hugs:

So, Adanma, I used one of the internet cheapies this morning to see what it would do, and it didn't come up as positive at all. So now I'm a nervous wreck. After 3 positives and now a negative? I don't know if it's since I changed brands or is it only a chemical pregnancy. My clinic won't test until 14 dpt, I'm guessing to rule out chemical pregnancies. Now I see why.

I think I'm going to see if I can find lab in town that performs blood work with out dr's orders. :cry:

I have to say, you guys are making me nervous about POAS! Probably I shouldn't do any at all, like I didn't do the first 2 IVF times.
Anyway, I have to be to the clinic at 11:15 this morning. They were not able to update me on my embies though. (I'm going through a different office from where they have them and do the procedures so the nurse wasn't sure) But said that "no news is good news", and that didn't make me feel much better! Still, I guess it doesn't matter as long as we have something to work with right? I'll let you know how it goes!
Amor, thinking about you today girl! good luck, post when you come back!

I didn't POAS on cycle #1 and it was positive. I did POAS on cycle #2 and it was negative. I think I might be going back to not POAS'ing... Skewed logic tells me that it won't work if I POAS!

Hi everyone!! I hope you are all doing well!! :flower:

(Copied from May Anyone? thread)

I had my transfer this morning. After much thought, meeting with an embryologist and my FS, they transferred 2. Out of the 7 that fertilized, 3 didn't make it, they transferred the best 2 and the last 2 may or may not be frozen tomorrow. They will call and tell me if they matured enough over night. I'm not feeling as excited as I would have hoped. I just feel scared. I just can't stand the thought of more bad news. I'm hopeful, though and looking forward to hearing what my beta is on the June 2nd. I have told myself that I can't POAS, so hopefully I'll stick to that. Though my FS didn't say not to.

The process was fascinating & I would have enjoyed it much more had I not had to use the restroom so badly. That was the most uncomfortable part of the process. Man!! But, DH & I got to watch everything on screen, from the embryologist gathering the embryos into the catheter, to the FS transferring them into me. This is the first procedure I've had with DH in the room & I'm glad he was able to see the process. Though he never fails to embarrass me. As we were looking at the embryos on the screen (they were SO tiny) the embryologist put the catheter under the microscope to gather the embryos & DH says, "And a big monster comes and eats them up!" Ugh...maybe it would have been funnier if I didn't have to go to the bathroom so badly. At any rate, the procedure went well.

Good luck to all of you wherever you are in your journey!! :hugs:

Amorbebe,
Lmao at your husband's comment. I def would have cracked up LOL. Did the doc find it humorous? I hope so. I'm glad the transfer went well and you had two put back. I would like two as well. Best of luck with the 2WW!

Kaylakin- Thanks for the well-wishes! Yeah, the doctor thought it was funny. Like I said...I think I probably would have laughed too, if I were not so uncomfortable! :)

I have to say, you guys are making me nervous about POAS! Probably I shouldn't do any at all, like I didn't do the first 2 IVF times.
Anyway, I have to be to the clinic at 11:15 this morning. They were not able to update me on my embies though. (I'm going through a different office from where they have them and do the procedures so the nurse wasn't sure) But said that "no news is good news", and that didn't make me feel much better! Still, I guess it doesn't matter as long as we have something to work with right? I'll let you know how it goes!
Amor, thinking about you today girl! good luck, post when you come back!

I'm too terrified to do it. I will wait because I don't want a fake positive or a fake negative, either way it'll stink.
Hopefully I'll read this in 15 days and take my own advice! :wacko::haha:

Oh damn my nurse told me to do the trigger shot. Now I can't remember if she said tonight or tomorrow. But it makes sense to do it tonight at midnight since my egg retrieval is Thursday morning 5/26. Right? Oh damn

Amor, I'm so glad your et went so well!! Get ur rest! Ur DH sounds too funny like mine! Congrats on being pupo with twins!

Mibebe, I triggered on tues for thurs ER so sounds right to me! Goodluck and glad ur levels r back down enough to et!

AFM, my ET was today. They transferred 2 embies, 1 AA ( FS said it was the best u can have!) and 1 AB, (second best) so I'm thrilled with that! All went smooth and I resting with my feet up! Hard not to do stuff like make dinner but I'm holding out! I'm still taking my antibiotics from ER for 1 more day, my methyl prednisolone, and my progesterone in oil shots. They are adding estradiol tomorrow and lovenox and baby aspirin on Friday. BW to b done on Friday too! Sorry about the crazy post, gotta use my phone, my wireless is down rt now! Post more later, hope everyone is good tonight!!!

PSP2011 good luck!!! Congrats on being PUPO!
Contacted the FS at 9:00pm to confirm and the doctor on call confirmed that yes I trigger tonight at midnight.

Amorbebe you only need 2! Keep your chin up and congrats on being PUPO! I will join you guys soon.

I am so ecstatic for you PSP and Amor! Sounds like everything went according to plan.

MiBebe-glad you called your doc and now you know for sure when to trigger.

I am not sure what my opinion is on POAS. I did a couple and it was not a reassuring experience at all. I think next time I am going to stay away from the sticks.

I'm still trucking along here enjoying my time off work. My husband and I took a little mini vacation this weekend. It was nice to get away. We met with the FS prior to leaving and she was really positive about the next round. She said that she is not into immunology because the cure (IVIG) is very expensive and there is no clinical evidence for its use. She did say she will start stims one day earlier and will put me on terbutaline following the transfer as I had so much cramping the last time around. I can start a bcp after I get my next period.

In scandalous news I got a bill from the office today for $30.00 for the call to tell me my pregnancy test was negative. My docs A-hole partner is who called me. He knew nothing about me and that I had a negative beta the day before. I am so royally pissed about this. Do you guys think that I should try to dispute this? He literally would not give me a straight answer on anything that I asked him. He did nothing but tell me that the test was negative and tell me to make an appt. to talk to my doctor. I am sorry but I am educated consumer and I could have gone to get my lab results hours before from the hospital for free. I could have also very easily figured out to stop taking my meds.

Ttcne: hey lady, good to hear you. You're sounding really positive so the not working and mini breaking are obviously doing the trick! Also sounding positive with your FS - is this a new one?

Re. the bill, I think that's outrageous and I would definitely dispute it, but understand if you feel that you can't face a battle. I really don't think they should be charging for that as an extra.

Amor: that sounds brilliant, you are pupo!! How exciting. I know it's hard (and I am rubbish at taking my own advice) but try and focus on the positives for the 2ww and enjoy being pupo. You are bound to feel apprehensive, but it's all looking good!

Hi Kaylakin and Meg :wave:

Psp I just responded to you on other thread (it's getting confusing!)

Andso, how are you doing? I've been thinking of you, is there news? :hugs:

X

Congrats Amor and PSP on being PUPO!!! :thumbup:

Amor...your husband's comment...:haha:

Good Luck MiBebe on you transfer tomorrow, you know all of us lades will be thinking about you!

Ttcne - I would absolutely dispute it! I can't believe they would charge you for a phone call for test results anyway! I've never heard of such a thing.

AFM, I did not go to the lab. They wanted $50 for the test. I know I wouldn't be able to test just once, that I would go back for a second test to make sure the numbers were doubling. So I just put it out of my mind. I also decided to quit POAS to see if a line is getting darker. I realized how crazy and obsessed I'd become. So I got all my tests out, peed on all of them and threw them away. That way, I'm not tempted anymore. No more POAS for me. I'll just wait for my beta on the 31st. Yesterday was much more relaxing too! :coffee:

andsowelaugh, sounds like a good idea to me! :thumbup:I didn't POAS the last 2 times, but I did buy some this time. I'm thinking against doing it though. We will see. Seems like it just makes things worse. :shrug:But my FS says I can't beta until 2 whole weeks, even though I had a 5 day transfer.:growlmad: So maybe just before the 2 weeks??:winkwink:

Ttcne, I would not want to pay that! :nope:I can't believe they charge for that type of thing! But if you think it will stress you out to try and mess with it, you have to decide if it's worth it I guess.:shrug: Seems like it's wrong though. Glad you are enjoying you time off, I know how much it is needed after a BFN. :thumbup:It really does get you more prepared for the next cycle. Sounds like next time will be better and your FS has a plan to help. Maybe you will be stimming soon?? How long do you have to be on BCP?:hugs:

I got a BFP on my HPT test yesterday... Got the beta today (37). I am one day early for my beta test so they arent concerned that it is less than 50. We just wanted to know early enough to tell my in laws that are visiting from Italy.

My best to everyone!

andsowelaugh, sounds like a good idea to me! :thumbup:I didn't POAS the last 2 times, but I did buy some this time. I'm thinking against doing it though. We will see. Seems like it just makes things worse. :shrug:But my FS says I can't beta until 2 whole weeks, even though I had a 5 day transfer.:growlmad: So maybe just before the 2 weeks??:winkwink:

Ttcne, I would not want to pay that! :nope:I can't believe they charge for that type of thing! But if you think it will stress you out to try and mess with it, you have to decide if it's worth it I guess.:shrug: Seems like it's wrong though. Glad you are enjoying you time off, I know how much it is needed after a BFN. :thumbup:It really does get you more prepared for the next cycle. Sounds like next time will be better and your FS has a plan to help. Maybe you will be stimming soon?? How long do you have to be on BCP?:hugs:

I think I am going to dispute it. It just seems really wrong. I don't owe these people anything. I am a paying customer and I should be treated with respect. I can always go elsewhere. I still am going for a second opinion as I already have it scheduled, can't hurt to meet with someone else too. I can't remember how long I was on the BCP last time. Maybe a couple of weeks. I have a 2nd interview tomorrow so that would east my husbands mind about doing this all again in a month or two! It is a really limited part-time job but anything helps.

Wow 2 weeks seems like a super long time to wait for the Beta. Mine was 8 days after a 5dt (not withstanding the one I paid for a day earlier). How are you feeling? Are you doing shots or suppositories?

I got a BFP on my HPT test yesterday... Got the beta today (37). I am one day early for my beta test so they arent concerned that it is less than 50. We just wanted to know early enough to tell my in laws that are visiting from Italy.

My best to everyone!

Congrats!

mamma mia, congrats! So happy for you! you must be :cloud9:how many days was your transfer and how many days till they let you beta?

ttcne, yeah, I think I had a much earlier beta last time with a 3 day! But most likely I will POAS before that!:winkwink: I don't think I can wait that long! I'm feeling good. Just started noticing some light cramping yesterday, hopefully a good sign!:thumbup: I'm not doing any suppositories this time,:nope: just oral estradoil and progesterone in oil shots (with the methyl prednisolone steroid) Tomorrow I add Lovenox shots and baby aspirin. That's it I think! I can't believe I made my way through all of those meds! :wacko:For my first IVF I didn't have any suppositories either:nope: so I'm okay with it! I was a bit thrown off guard on #2 when they gave me suppositores and wanted me to insert oral tabs vaginally! :wacko:Seemed like a lot leaked out, but they always said my levels were good so idk!:shrug:
Good luck on the interview! Sounds like a good opportunity!:hugs:

Congratulations Mamma Mia!!! I'm so happy for you!!

I'm at the FS and my DH just went to drop off my babies LOL yeah I know, TMI

Does the 3 day transfer count as day 1 as of today? I'll ask this soon but just wondering if 3 day equals Saturday or Sunday for me.

OMG I gotta pee so bad! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->