IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

oh, and I said absolutley no to selective reduction. To me it's just picking one and killing it! Sorry, if I offend, that's the way I see it.:shrug:

oh, and I said absolutley no to selective reduction. To me it's just picking one and killing it! Sorry, if I offend, that's the way I see it.:shrug:

I'm not judging others that do the selective reduction. But as for me, I just can't. I've been through enough. It's still bugging me that I still have 7 fertilized eggs in a cup somewhere. I want all my tadpoles LOL

MiBebe and Psp - congrats on being PUPO!! That is so exciting...
Did your doctors say what kind of activity restrictions you have? Psp, you are a nurse, right? Do you have to do heavy lifting at your job at all?

Best of luck with your 2WW!

Hey all,
How is everyone?
I'm on day 5 of stims today and this afternoon there has been a definite switch in my discomfort! Really sore in ovaries and achy back. First scan in morning so will see how it goes! X

Hey bean,
How are you feeling now on your stims? I'm worried because I respond well to the stims how I will feel while I'm on a higher dose (I've only done them for one IUI cycle so they kept it at a low dose). However, if I produce a lot of follicles, I'm not complaining!! Hope you are hanging in there...:thumbup:

If I have six I'll start my own baseball team or maybe form a singing group (the Jackson Five).

Actually my doctor talked about removing one if all three sticks. I told him that's not an option. After 7 years of TTC I'm not about to make that kind of decision. I'd rather trust God that I'll be ok eventually. That and I'd force DH to take on 2 more jobs LOL Again, chances of a third is 10% so it is very unlikely to happen.

I like the idea of the baseball team. I mean, at least you'd have an infield ready to go. Maybe PSPs embies could be in the outfield and then you'd only need one more bean!

I agree about the selective reduction. I don't judge anyone at all whatever they want to do, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it after everything I've been through. Plus, once you have the babies, how would you ever imagine not having one of them? Everyone is in a different situation, though, so to each his own. I just don't think I'd be able to make that choice...

I'm not sure I'd be able to do selective reduction either... not for convenience. The only way I'd do it is if the pregnancy could cause life or death repercussions for me and all the babies. I've been through more than enough, and I'd rather (in the grand scheme of things) lose one of several rather than take a chance on losing them all and possibly even my own life. I've given it a lot of thought, and I could only do it if I stood to lose them all and maybe even myself. What's the point in refusing if it causes the loss of all your babies or even your own life? That's the time when I'd have to make the judgment call, ya know? I don't know how on earth anyone would ever choose which one(s) to remove... but "greater good" and all of that. I couldn't face the heartache of losing 4 babies if I could choose to only lose 1 or 2. I've lost too many already.

Kaylakin, yep, I went back to work last night. Not really much lifting unless I would have to move someone up in bed or something. But the ladies won't let me do any of that so I should be okay! I think lifting would be the only restriction. Of course, I'm not helping with any xrays or anything either.

As for reduction, obviously if it were life and death, some tough choices would have to be made. I don't think I'm going to have to worry about that with my twin embies though!

Mibebe, I know what you mean. I have one lone embie frozen and I feel bad it's just sitting there. But when they told me only like 25% chance of fet working, and a new fresh cycle didn't cost all that much more, it was a no-brainer. Still feel bad though. We paid for a year of storage, so will just let it be for now.

MiBebe and Psp - congrats on being PUPO!! That is so exciting...
Did your doctors say what kind of activity restrictions you have? Psp, you are a nurse, right? Do you have to do heavy lifting at your job at all?

Best of luck with your 2WW!

No baths, no swimming at the beach, no hot tubs, no sex for 10 days, no alcohol. Oh and no heavy lifting.

I'm not sure I'd be able to do selective reduction either... not for convenience. The only way I'd do it is if the pregnancy could cause life or death repercussions for me and all the babies. I've been through more than enough, and I'd rather (in the grand scheme of things) lose one of several rather than take a chance on losing them all and possibly even my own life. I've given it a lot of thought, and I could only do it if I stood to lose them all and maybe even myself. What's the point in refusing if it causes the loss of all your babies or even your own life? That's the time when I'd have to make the judgment call, ya know? I don't know how on earth anyone would ever choose which one(s) to remove... but "greater good" and all of that. I couldn't face the heartache of losing 4 babies if I could choose to only lose 1 or 2. I've lost too many already.

Megg,
I hear ya. If it is a matter of life and death, you have to cut your losses. Not an easy decision ever, and I pray that none of us has to make it. Btw, I think we will be will be very close in our cycles as I'm set to start stims on June 10 and you're on the 8th right? I can't believe that technically this is next week..wow..

Megg,
I hear ya. If it is a matter of life and death, you have to cut your losses. Not an easy decision ever, and I pray that none of us has to make it. Btw, I think we will be will be very close in our cycles as I'm set to start stims on June 10 and you're on the 8th right? I can't believe that technically this is next week..wow..

Exactly! Can't lose everything on principle! I also hope never to make that decision! I think my clinic only advises it on 4+... I better not ever be preggo with quads to begin with! :shock: I have a hard enough time conceiving 1... 4 would be ridiculous! My FS has only created 1 set of quads in 30+ years and she reduced down to twins who are now 16. :) He had stats on how many of each multiple he'd created... 1 for quads and 15 for trips... I'm sure the number of twins is too hard to track... Lots of IVF twins!

Yes... Very close! I just added a ticker for my stimming... 9 (almost 8) days... 7 (almost 6) for you!!!

A life and death decision is different. I have my children to think about, my parents, my DH.

My DH and I had this conversation on Thursday. I told him that I don't want to talk about it. If that happens, God forbid, we'd make an intelligent, rational decision.

Hi ladies,

I'm back, just heard yesterday I can start IVF #2 next cycle. Down Reggin' will be around middle of July though. I'm excited to be back in the game though, soon, very soon!

Hi all, hope everyone is well :)
Kaylakin I'm good thanks!
Had my scan yesterday and was all good! After 5 days of stims lining was 8.2. Left ovary had 1 follie at 10 and 12 at about 7! Right ovary had 11 follies and 3 were at 10 :) they're monitoring me closely as amh is stupidly high so I'm a big ohss risk, as my no of follies prove! Ha ha. Definitely explains the bloat and niggles in ovaries!the nurse scanning me even said 'wow, that ovary will be huge!' yeah, thanks for that!! ;)
Asked about ec and she said could be as early as next Monday... I don't feel ready!! It seems to have whizzed past! Have another scan in the morning so I'm hoping for follies to have grown but not hoping for any more! I think 24 are mire than enough for me! Xx

I'm in shock. I just got the call about my 1st beta. It's 8274 and I'm 14dp5dt. It really could be twins. She said the normal range for a singleton at this point is 500-4000. I've got to wrap my head around this. :wacko:

I'm in shock. I just got the call about my 1st beta. It's 8274 and I'm 14dp5dt. It really could be twins. She said the normal range for a singleton at this point is 500-4000. I've got to wrap my head around this. :wacko:

OMG!! You're having twins!!! Congratulations!!!!
Whoa at 8274, I almost dropped my cellphone LOL when is your US? I'm so happy for you. Did you "know" you were pregnant?

Dreamofabean, looks like you'll have loads of eggs! Congrats!

Dreamofabean hang in there - sounds like you should be ready for EC sooner than Monday even, will they bring it forward? Maybe they will just drop your stims based on your next scan/bloods - when is that? Hope you feel okay anyway. I really do sympathise about the bloating and twinging... I think that just means it's all working. But one day after EC I am still feeling bloated and tender in there I'm afraid so it's not all over yet!

Andsowelaugh - goodness! How do you feel about that? Is that one that's split or did you have 2 put in? Sorry I can't remember there's so much going on with everyone these days.. When is your first scan? I hope you are not too freaked out :hugs:

Hi :wave: to everyone else!

X

Andsowelaugh.... Wow!! Congratulations!! How lovely! Are you happy at the prospect of two?
Littlemouse sorry you're still all bloated :( I'm ok apart from twinges, the bloatibg isn't uncomfortable, just makes trousers tight! Will be leggings from now on I think!
Do you really think they could bring it forward more? Eek!! I'm being scanned tomorrow morning and fri morning so I'm anxious to see improvement!
Just feel a bit worried that because amh high I'll get ohss or just loads of immature eggs if they respond too quickly!
Im on fostimon and had 3 days at 150 and since then 112 so quite a low dose. Am wondering if it'll be dropped further tomorrow? All exciting stuff I suppose! Kinda scary though!!! ;) xx

We had 2 frozen put back. My RE said that gave me a 30% of pregnancy with a singleton and a 10% chance of twins. I really wasn't expecting twins, but knew it is a possibility. I have a 5 yr old and 3 yr old twins already. We were really hoping to finish our family with a fourth child, but I guess God has other plans for us. I know I can handle twins, but 2 sets?! LMAO!! I go back for my 2nd Beta on Thursday and then they'll schedule the scan.

We had 2 frozen put back. My RE said that gave me a 30% of pregnancy with a singleton and a 10% chance of twins. I really wasn't expecting twins, but knew it is a possibility. I have a 5 yr old and 3 yr old twins already. We were really hoping to finish our family with a fourth child, but I guess God has other plans for us. I know I can handle twins, but 2 sets?! LMAO!! I go back for my 2nd Beta on Thursday and then they'll schedule the scan.

I suggest you change your avatar to say "TTC #5" LOL
Wow you already have twins! God bless you. Its a blessing! Did you have them with IVF as well?

My doctor said 10% of triplets so now I'm scared haha

hey! just wanted to pop on real quick and give an update. I should have more time tonight to give personals at work! I need to get dinner going here in a min.
I did bw again today and they called to say my levels are rising so I'm pleased with that! Doesn't necessarily mean they are growing, but I'm taking it as a good sign! Also the nurse said they will check one more time on Friday and then they are going to allow me to beta on Monday instead of Tuesday! yay! Chat with you all later!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->