IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Well you didn't ask me but I'll chime in anyway :winkwink: LOL
My stomach finally feels back to normal...so it took about 6 days. I think that if it weren't for the double-whammy of having the egg transfer 3 days after my egg retrieval perhaps I would have felt better a few days ago. My body feels traumatized LOL But as long as my babies are all snuggled up inside, its all good

Sorry Mibebe totally forgot you had the same experience too! Seriously 5 or 6 days ladies that is not good news!! I am going nuts with this already :(

But thanks for letting me know and good to know it is 'normal'

Is ivf basically the most unglamourous thing you can possibly do to your body? I feel like I am punishing it. I hope it doesn't punish me back.

X

I hear ya. It is very unglamorous. You're basically like saying to your body "be pregnant right now" and it is such an artificial situation. So crazy but amazing at the same time. When the nurse went over all the meds I'd have to take AFTER the embryo transfer, it hit me more. It is definitely tough on the body..but hopefully worth it all in the end :shrug:

Littlemouse and Dreamofabean,
I hope you are hanging in there. It sounds so nerve-wracking to not know for sure what will happen. It sounds like the docs are monitoring you very closely, which they should, and which is great/reassuring. They told me today that about 2% of the people each year they see get OHSS, and of those 2%, 1% are very sick to need urgent treatment like hospitalization. Those numbers reassured me a bit. One percent of two percent is barely anything. However, I don't know if that eases your mind while you're in the midst of it. I will be thinking of you guys and hoping all goes well for you in the next few days...

Oh and I totally forgot. I went to my 2nd opinion FS appt. yesterday and it went fantastic. She spent an hour with us and I felt really comfortable with her. Her partner is suppose to be a B but the joke is she can get a man pregnant! The best part is that they do more cycles a year, have a slightly higher "take home" baby rate, and they are cheaper by $2,500.00 a cycle!. Even better they do not charge more for ICSI or PGD. She's also going to use Menipur and ganerilex only which means I can order from ivfmeds.com since neither needs to be refridgerated. Only bad news is she wants DH to get genetic testing due to his very low counts which could mean finding out bad news. All in all it was great and I think we are going to go to her. I had a rough time with one of the partners at the other clinic. I would really prefer to never deal with him again. I get to start BC as soon as AF comes and she will do a mock transfer during the time on BC. So we could possibly be stimming in a month! Yay!!!(bad news is we need to get the money together.

I got my meds today and found out my progesterone injections are in sesame oil instead of ethyl oleate this time. I'm a little broken-hearted! Its supposed to be even worse than the ethyl oleate! Anything it takes though. I just hope I never have to do this again... ever!

I got my meds today and found out my progesterone injections are in sesame oil instead of ethyl oleate this time. I'm a little broken-hearted! Its supposed to be even worse than the ethyl oleate! Anything it takes though. I just hope I never have to do this again... ever!

I have done those and they do hurt more but it is only slightly. Progesterone seems to hurt bad no matter how you do it. What really helped ne was icing the area first and then put a heat pad on it after the infection. I have also heard doing heat before and after.

Nurse just called. My vaginal progesterone prescription has been sent to the pharmacy. Woo hoo! My butt cheeks thank her very much LOL

Lmao. I'm glad for your butt cheeks!
I had an hour and a half long meeting today with the nurse practitioner where she explained step by step everything about the IVF process. She said they have either the progesterone gel or the shots, so I definitely opted for the gel. I don't care if it is leaking out all day..I just don't want one more shot..

I was surprised to find out my prescription was actually a PILL. I was like you want me to put that big ass pill WHERE? A litte stick pushes it up LMAO But hey I gotta pick my poison so I choose this ginormous pill and place it down there than the shots on my butt any day :shrug: :happydance:

I have such crap progesterone that I don't trust anything but the most potent for myself. I'm on shots and suppositories and I wouldn't change a thing! I hate the shots, but I want to be a mother far worse than I hate the shots!

I have done those and they do hurt more but it is only slightly. Progesterone seems to hurt bad no matter how you do it. What really helped ne was icing the area first and then put a heat pad on it after the infection. I have also heard doing heat before and after.

The real trick is heating the OIL in the syringe before the injection. It makes it more fluid and it helps it disperse through the muscle tissue better. We have a whole ritual. It takes about 20 min, but its better than being in a lot of pain! LOL

For anyone who is curious about the ritual... It works and its nothing mystic... Very science-y!
1. Heat a rice bag or plug in a heating pad.
2. Draw the PIO into the syringe.
3. Place the PIO in the syringe onto the heat for about 1 min... until its warm, but not hot.
4. Change to the appropriate needle for injecting.
5. Push the oil in slowly.
6. Massage the injection site for about 1 min to help start distributing the oil.
7. Place heat on the injection site for 15 min.

Yes, that's a long, drawn-out process... but I've only had a few knots, never had the area turn red, and it only feels like a mild bruise at its worst (most days). Granted, it doesn't always go so smoothly, but 8-9 out of 10 go really well! It helps, I promise!

I have such crap progesterone that I don't trust anything but the most potent for myself. I'm on shots and suppositories and I wouldn't change a thing! I hate the shots, but I want to be a mother far worse than I hate the shots!

The real trick is heating the OIL in the syringe before the injection. It makes it more fluid and it helps it disperse through the muscle tissue better. We have a whole ritual. It takes about 20 min, but its better than being in a lot of pain! LOL

For anyone who is curious about the ritual... It works and its nothing mystic... Very science-y!
3. Place the PIO in the syringe onto the heat for about 1 min... until its warm, but not hot.
6. Massage the injection site for about 1 min to help start distributing the oil.

Yes, that's a long, drawn-out process... but I've only had a few knots, never had the area turn red, and it only feels like a mild bruise at its worst (most days). Granted, it doesn't always go so smoothly, but 8-9 out of 10 go really well! It helps, I promise!

This protocol looks great. I may need to try it this IVF. I am finally knot free from 6 weeks ago!

This protocol looks great. I may need to try it this IVF. I am finally knot free from 6 weeks ago!

6 weeks? My worst lasted 5 days!!! Definitely try my protocol! I adopted all the best ideas I found on the internet... and it worked!

Ooh great tip Megg!!
Kaylakin thanks for the reassurance! Eager for scan tomorrow to see what happening! X

Ttcne, yep, when I test it will be 13DP5DT so they said it was close enough. Okay, so I will admit I did POAS once,:blush: it was like day 5 and a really dumb thing to do! :dohh:Of course it was stark white negative! My DH was mad when he saw the stick in the trash. :growlmad:So I have one more left and I think I’m too afraid it will be negative to do it again. So probably will just wait to beta. Oh, just read your post about your 2nd opinion appt. Sounds very promising!:thumbup: I’m so glad I switched as I have much more faith in my new FS. Hey and I have several boxes of menopur I could send you!:thumbup: Let me know what other meds, send me a messege and I can give you a list of my extras!

Dreamofabean, I’m praying your levels will go down with cooling off the meds for a bit! Good luck on your scan tomorrow!

Mibebe, nope,:nope: I’m getting my beta on Monday, 6/6. Lucky you to have vag instead of shots!:thumbup: I’m doing okay with the shots, kinda used to them now I think! It’s actually my lovenox that’s burning! I guess I would switch too if given the option. But I was always feeling like I wasn’t getting the full amount of meds with it always leaking out!:wacko: Crazy since they said my levels were always good. They did not give me an option this time, different FS, and I figure he put me on these for a reason. He is very particular about meds and other things. You gotta trust your FS right?:shrug: Lol too funny about the pill. Gives a new meaning to “pill pusher”! :haha: Last cycle I had both the suppository pill and a regular oral pill that went into the vagina! :wacko:The regular pill was small and green, estrace I think, which I am taking orally right now. It was really strange having to try and get that up there!! :haha:But like I said, not having much trouble with the shots so….:hugs:

Megg33k, I have always had the progesterone in oil, nothing else. And remember I had success with my son on this!!:happydance: I suppose warming it would help, but maybe check with you FS first? I know most meds I have say to keep them within a certain range as far as storage so would want to make sure heating doesn’t change or hurt the medicine any. I’m sure it’s fine, but my FS likes to do things a certain way and you want to make sure they approve first!:thumbup:

Littlemouse, I was a bit uncomfortable after EC, but nothing real bad.:nope: I would call if you haven’t already. I hope you are feeling better this morning! –oh, just see that you did call. Hope that put you at ease! Just get lots of rest. All this is taking a toll on your poor body remember, be kind to it!:hugs:

AFM, still waiting! Today is D9P5DT Not whole lot of symptoms as of yet. Always hungry and thirsty. Still some mild cramping at times. Once in a while I feel slight twinges in my bbs, still not sore yet though. I wish I could just know already. I feel like I’m pregnant, just feel it, but hard to trust it because of the stupid hormones!:growlmad::dust:

Thanks psp :)
They decided to keep my dosage the sane which I'm nervous about but have to trust them as you said!
Feel pretty rubbish today, have developed a head cold overnight so I think that explains the dizziness I've been having. It's still pretty rubbish bit I've been lying down heaps and its helped! So nervous about scan and bloods tomorrow! Really hope my ovaries don't let me down!! X

I think your symptoms are sounding good so far psp! Is it normal to have betas 14 dpt? I thought they did them 14dp collection? Obv wrong! Ha ha x

Hey PSP2011! We missed you yesterday. I saw your other post about your DS and baseball, that is so cute! Your symptoms sound right on track. I wouldn't worry about symptoms BTW because every pregnancy is different and sometimes you get no symptoms at all. I pray you get your BFP on Sunday! So excited for you. BTW Can you tell me what D9P5DT stands for? Day 9 I know but I'm not sure what the 5 is for.

Its now 5 days since my transfer. I noticed a little bit of nausea yesterday, a little moody (that's normal for me LOL), and some visual veins on my chest/breast area that weren't there before. Other than that I feel great. My behind is healing and I can finally walk again so all is well in the world. I will find out in 10 more days. I just want to know if I'm having one or triplets so I can start looking for a second job LOL

ETA: I forgot to say I feel twinges in my lower abdomen. Especially my right side. I am taking my pre natal vitamins, 3 progesterone pills a day, 1 baby aspirin a day, and on Saturday I start the dots (forget the name) on my belly.

I've read it as 9 days post 5 day transfer, could be wrong though! X

Good afternoon ladies - good morning to our US cousins! How is everyone doing?

Bean - how are you feeling? Not too bad I hope - do some proper resting up and take care of yourself. If they kept your stimming dose going then presumably they must be confident your OHSS will be under control with the meds?

Mibebe - how is your injection zone doing today? Not too sore?

As I said yesterday it is so not glamourous is it - we are either poking needles in our belly/ arse/ god knows where else, or shoving pessaries into every orifice...

Psp how you doing? Not long to go now! I bet you will cave in and use that HPT, I would :). Really interesting your clinic only does ICSI, perhaps that's the way forward for everyone in future?

Ttcne, really good news about your new FS - I think how you feel about it has such a huge part to play and that all sounds really positive. And cheaper too, what a bonus!!

Meg hiya :wave:

AFM - thank goodness am feeling a million times better today than yesterday, which was basically hell I was in so much pain. I'm not sure what did it or if it's just time, but woke up a different person today! I'm still quite swollen but I'm more like 3 months pregnant tum than 5 months, and not in agony with every movement. Hooray!

Also just heard from embryologist that all embies are doing their thing at 7-8 cells as they would hope. So we'll go in on Saturday and they usually expect a third of them to make it to blasto. I bloody well hope they do! She said they couldn't make such good grading judgements just now, but will be much easier at day 5 because I said how on earth do you choose which one to put back in if you have 2 or 3 of them - so hard!

XX

yep, that's what I meant! :thumbup:As for timing on the beta, a lot of places do it different, even sooner than 14 days, but my FS said it is most accurate 14 days after ET. But they decided to let me go at 13 for some reason so I'm good with that!:happydance:

Dream, you are right, have to trust they know what they are doing, they do this everyday!!:thumbup:

Mibebe, sounds like good symptoms to me!:thumbup: I'm on prog in oil shot, lovenox shot, baby asa, estrace pill in am, and then estrace at 3pm and again at 9pm. I'm actually liking this protocol, except the lovenox burning! Just because last time my bbs hurt and it was BFN so I'm thinking if they start hurting now, I will take it as a real symptom! :thumbup:They are starting to twinge here and there, not quite qualify as sore yet though!:wacko:

Mibebe - how is your injection zone doing today? Not too sore?

As I said yesterday it is so not glamourous is it - we are either poking needles in our belly/ arse/ god knows where else, or shoving pessaries into every orifice...

OMG I just slapped my knee and busted out laughing!!!! :haha: Too funny!
The only orfice I haven't poked are my ears. Pretty soon I'll get a call to stick a freakin pill in there too LMAO :wacko:

My butt is sore and red but feeling so much better LOL I feel great
I've lost my appetite and I'm forcing myself to eat now. My stomach is no longer bloated, thank God. I don't mind if its a baby bump, but if its just gas its not so cute

oops littlemouse, I think our posts crossed! So glad you are feeling better! Sounds like you will have some nice blastos come day 5!! I'm so trying not to test! I just afraid to be let down and feel like it's over. At this point I think not knowing is actually better than a neg! And then what if it says neg and it's wrong? or worse says pos and it's wrong!! ugh!!

Mibeb, I'm hungry, your not, crazy right? Glad your bum is better!!

Well, I'm off to shower, procrastinated enough on bnb!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->