IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

We had 2 frozen put back. My RE said that gave me a 30% of pregnancy with a singleton and a 10% chance of twins. I really wasn't expecting twins, but knew it is a possibility. I have a 5 yr old and 3 yr old twins already. We were really hoping to finish our family with a fourth child, but I guess God has other plans for us. I know I can handle twins, but 2 sets?! LMAO!! I go back for my 2nd Beta on Thursday and then they'll schedule the scan.

Wow! What a busy household! Twins would be my ultimate! Hee Hee! Would love it :)

hey! just wanted to pop on real quick and give an update. I should have more time tonight to give personals at work! I need to get dinner going here in a min.
I did bw again today and they called to say my levels are rising so I'm pleased with that! Doesn't necessarily mean they are growing, but I'm taking it as a good sign! Also the nurse said they will check one more time on Friday and then they are going to allow me to beta on Monday instead of Tuesday! yay! Chat with you all later!!

I thought your test was today. I kept refreshing this page to see if you had posted. Glad to see everything is going well!!

Hey ladies can I get some quick guidance from those of you in 2ww or who've been through it all before.

My EC was yesterday and since then I've felt really uncomfortable i.e. my belly is still really swollen and I can feel my ovaries still in pain just as they were before EC.

Is this just normal anyway after EC or should I be worried about OHSS? I don't think I have any of the symptoms but I am glugging as much water as I can as I know now is the dangerous time. I didn't have an insane amount of follicles anyway so not sure if I was at risk but my estradiol was a bit high I think which is why EC was brought forward.

I'm going to call the clinic first thing but just wanted to know if what I'm getting chimes with others who went on to be fine. I don't want my ET to be cancelled!!

X

Littlemouse I was bloated and in much pain to the point I couldn't walk. I think you should call your doctor. Are you taking Tylenol? That helped a little bit with the pain.

andsowelaugh-congrats!

PSP- Sounds promising! I'm glad they are moving your beta up. How many days is that post ET, 13? I couldn't make it without POAS. You are one tough woman!

Hey ladies can I get some quick guidance from those of you in 2ww or who've been through it all before.

My EC was yesterday and since then I've felt really uncomfortable i.e. my belly is still really swollen and I can feel my ovaries still in pain just as they were before EC.

Is this just normal anyway after EC or should I be worried about OHSS? I don't think I have any of the symptoms but I am glugging as much water as I can as I know now is the dangerous time. I didn't have an insane amount of follicles anyway so not sure if I was at risk but my estradiol was a bit high I think which is why EC was brought forward.

I'm going to call the clinic first thing but just wanted to know if what I'm getting chimes with others who went on to be fine. I don't want my ET to be cancelled!!

X

I was very sore and felt very bloated after EC. How is your urine output? This is the biggest indicator if something is wrong but if you don't feel right it is best to call. You know what doesn't feel right for you. This is what these people get paid to do.

Thanks everyone.

I think I am peeing enough but am going to guzzle even more water today and see, also have heard that isotonic drinks are good so sending DH to get some of those for me.

I've called the clinic and they say this is quite normal having retrieved 17 eggs and just to take painkillers, rest up and drink loads and eat protein. Apparently my estradiol levels weren't at a high enough level to be a cause for concern so hopefully no chance of OHSS. Altho for ET they will check my symptoms on the day and make a call then.

Maybe I am just a massive wimp with a very low pain threshold! I am just quite fed up of feeling rubbish now, I had expected a bit of normality to my life between EC and ET but perhaps that was totally naive..

X

Ok girls I'm here to ask for any reassurance you can possibly give as I'm terrified :(
Just had 2nd scan and ovaries have gone mad. Have 22 big follies between 12 and 16 and 9 small ones. There is already fluid in abdomen so they've started me on meds for ohss. I'm not allowed to do today's stims until they get today's estradol level back. Have been warned that if they collect more than 20 eggs it'll be fet for us later on :(
I'm so scared and gutted that we may not be able to transfer x

Ttcne and Meg how long did you feel bad for? Just hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel!!

Ok girls I'm here to ask for any reassurance you can possibly give as I'm terrified :(
Just had 2nd scan and ovaries have gone mad. Have 22 big follies between 12 and 16 and 9 small ones. There is already fluid in abdomen so they've started me on meds for ohss. I'm not allowed to do today's stims until they get today's estradol level back. Have been warned that if they collect more than 20 eggs it'll be fet for us later on :(
I'm so scared and gutted that we may not be able to transfer x

I wish I could help, but I've never had anything like 20 collected. I had over 20 follies of rather impressive size my first round, but only got 4 eggs. So, I'm a bad one to ask. I didn't have the fluid in the abdomen issue though. Speak to "BizyBee"... She had OHSS and is always happy to help (even if she's a bit busy with her new baby boy)!

Ttcne and Meg how long did you feel bad for? Just hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel!!

My first one was a solid 5 days of agony. I could barely tell the second one even happened.

Well you didn't ask me but I'll chime in anyway :winkwink: LOL
My stomach finally feels back to normal...so it took about 6 days. I think that if it weren't for the double-whammy of having the egg transfer 3 days after my egg retrieval perhaps I would have felt better a few days ago. My body feels traumatized LOL But as long as my babies are all snuggled up inside, its all good

Dreamofabean, looks like your body reacted too well to the stimming. I was told last week that if my estradol level did not decrease to normal levels that they would have to freeze the embies and do the transfer in a few weeks. Luckily I stopped stimming for 2 days and my body's estradol levels went down. Don't freak out yet hun. Stop stimming as they requested and there's a good chance your eggs will continue to grow normally and you'll have your egg retrieval. I believe it was the day of my ER that they checked my blood work and then let me know if it was a go or if I had to wait. Trust me I know its scary and you don't want to prolong anything even more. I was pretty sad as well, but keep your chin up it might all work itself out. :hugs:

Thanks Mibebe! They called me and said my estradiol was 3516 so I was ok and to stim today and tomorrow at same dose. I'm really worried though. I think it'll be fet for us now. You have reassured me a lot though, thank you xxx

Thanks Mibebe! They called me and said my estradiol was 3516 so I was ok and to stim today and tomorrow at same dose. I'm really worried though. I think it'll be fet for us now. You have reassured me a lot though, thank you xxx

:hugs:

Nurse just called. My vaginal progesterone prescription has been sent to the pharmacy. Woo hoo! My butt cheeks thank her very much LOL

My stomach finally feels back to normal...so it took about 6 days. I think that if it weren't for the double-whammy of having the egg transfer 3 days after my egg retrieval perhaps I would have felt better a few days ago. My body feels traumatized LOL But as long as my babies are all snuggled up inside, its all good

Sorry Mibebe totally forgot you had the same experience too! Seriously 5 or 6 days ladies that is not good news!! I am going nuts with this already :(

But thanks for letting me know and good to know it is 'normal'

Is ivf basically the most unglamourous thing you can possibly do to your body? I feel like I am punishing it. I hope it doesn't punish me back.

X

Sorry Mibebe totally forgot you had the same experience too! Seriously 5 or 6 days ladies that is not good news!! I am going nuts with this already :(

Is ivf basically the most unglamourous thing you can possibly do to your body? I feel like I am punishing it. I hope it doesn't punish me back.
X

Yep pretty much! LOL :haha:

X

I felt much better after about two days. I was still bloated and all that fun but not so much pain. IVF has to be about the least awesome time ever!

Nurse just called. My vaginal progesterone prescription has been sent to the pharmacy. Woo hoo! My butt cheeks thank her very much LOL

Lmao. I'm glad for your butt cheeks!
I had an hour and a half long meeting today with the nurse practitioner where she explained step by step everything about the IVF process. She said they have either the progesterone gel or the shots, so I definitely opted for the gel. I don't care if it is leaking out all day..I just don't want one more shot..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->