IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Woohoo!!! Its almost time! You'll do great, honey!

Not transfer honey, have egg collection tomorrow! Very scared about it!!
How are you doing?? X

Not transfer honey, have egg collection tomorrow! Very scared about it!!
How are you doing?? X

Oops sorry! Don't be scared. Have some pain reliever handy. I didn't buy Tylenol till hours later and that was pretty dumb of me.

Hi everyone, thought it was about time I joined here too:wave:

I'll be having ICSI this year. NHS FS confirmed on 25/05 that it will be ICSI for us and then followed the news that there is an 18 month wait. So got our first appointment with private clinic on Thurs which will be repeat of NHS tests, then consultation following Thurs which will be with the main man who'll do our treatment:thumbup:

Not nervous at all, just raring to go. So far I'm fine its just OH count that's the prob.

Good luck to all those undergoing, about to start or planning treatment.

xx

Thanks Megg, not long til you get the ball rolling:thumbup:

I'm so lucky cos it is my mum who is paying for our private treatment, i am so so lucky to have such a kind, caring and generous mum:hugs:

Thanks meg :) very nervous now! X

Good Luck! I know I will be nervous, too. I guess try not to think too much...but that's pretty much impossible!! My doc said they would order percocet. Did your doc order you anything? They also told me that a heating pad would be my friend (before transfer only). Best of luck - how exciting..but I understand the nerves!! It will be over soon! I hope you get a lot of nice eggs!:thumbup:

Thanks Megg, not long til you get the ball rolling:thumbup:

I'm so lucky cos it is my mum who is paying for our private treatment, i am so so lucky to have such a kind, caring and generous mum:hugs:

Welcome and good luck!!

Thanks ladies! I have a pain killer they gave me that I have to put up my bum... Nice! Ha ha!

Megg - great news! !
Dream - goood luck for Monday. It will be nice to be done with stims.

Afm, I have a quick question. The doc office said since I am due for my annual checkup and it has been a year since my last one, they need to do a breast exam before starting the stims. Why do they need to do this before starting the meds? Is it just that everything has to be up to date before starting the ivf cycle?

No breast exam needed here... That's bizarre. I know that they generally want and up-to-date pap... but not a breast exam.

I agree it sounds bizarre. The only thing I can think is that I'm just about exactly due for my annual ob/gyn exam. I think before an IVF cycle, your annual exams have to be up to date, so if I was due for my annual exam next month, I'd be good to go for IVF this month. But since it is due exactly this month, they have to have it covered. That's my only guess. Either that, or they want another excuse to violate someone. The good thing is I don't have to go back to my regular ob/gyn because there would be no time to wait the few weeks for an appointment. They can just do it at the RE's office I guess. I will ask tomorrow. They left me a few messages and I couldn't get to them because I was in the emergency room due to a bad reaction to an antibiotic. Craziness! :growlmad:

Kaylakin, wow, percocet? That's pretty strong! I would hold off on that unless you really need it. I didn't have much pain at all and Tylenol did the trick.

Thanks Kaylakin and good luck on your imminent journey:flower:

xx

Thanks ladies! I have a pain killer they gave me that I have to put up my bum... Nice! Ha ha!

Wow, there really is nothing dignified in this entire process!! LOL!!
I mean, come on...just give us a pill - why do you have to shove everything up every orifice in your entire body??

Kaylakin, wow, percocet? That's pretty strong! I would hold off on that unless you really need it. I didn't have much pain at all and Tylenol did the trick.

PSP - thanks for the advice. I thought it was a bit strong, too when she told me. But then I was like, "I guess it is more painful than I'm expecting"??? I have tylenol so maybe I'll try that first (when the time comes..I have a ways to go)

Thanks again. How are you holding up?

PSP - just looked at your ticker. So your official beta isn't for two more days?

See that's when they'd have to call security on me for slapping the doctor upside the head LMAO

Yeah I have to agree, percocet seems pretty harsh. Tylenol helped me out with the pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->