IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Thanks ladies! I have a pain killer they gave me that I have to put up my bum... Nice! Ha ha!

Wow, there really is nothing dignified in this entire process!! LOL!!
I mean, come on...just give us a pill - why do you have to shove everything up every orifice in your entire body??

I suppose they figure you will only use it if your desperate!

I had percocet for my ER but I think I only took it 1 time and then I just used tylenol.

Thanks Megg, not long til you get the ball rolling:thumbup:

I'm so lucky cos it is my mum who is paying for our private treatment, i am so so lucky to have such a kind, caring and generous mum:hugs:

My mum covered almost $3000 for us to go into this cycle... I understand more than you know!

Hi ladies, I am currently waiting for af to start today hopefully so this coming cycle on cd 21 i start lupron!!! I have been waiting to proceed with ivf for a long time.. super excited!

Hi ladies, I am currently waiting for af to start today hopefully so this coming cycle on cd 21 i start lupron!!! I have been waiting to proceed with ivf for a long time.. super excited!

:happydance: I can't tell you how happy I am to see you in here... well... as much as I can be! I wish you didn't have to be here... but I'm SO happy to see you at the same time! LOL Anyway... Just wanted to give you :hugs: and wish you luck!

Welcome sonya :)
Well girls ec went well. I was far more alert in it than I thought I'd be! We got 15 eggs so I'm happy with that. We won't know how many are mature until they call us tomorrow with the fertilisation report.
Feeling really sick and shaky still but very glad it's over! X

Well girls ec went well. I was far more alert in it than I thought I'd be! We got 15 eggs so I'm happy with that. We won't know how many are mature until they call us tomorrow with the fertilisation report.

Tylenol helps with the pain. Try to get some rest!
Congrats on getting so many eggs! :happydance:

Hey well done Dreamofabean, that's the worst part over now :)

15 eggs is great, fingers crossed for tomorrow's news.

I hope you're being well looked after now with lots of spoiling!

X

Dream, nice job! 15 is a great number. I'm surprised you were so awake though. I was totally out all 3 times! Bet you are glad it's over though!

Debbie82, glad you've joined us and managing to go private, it's a long wait otherwise. The clinic you're going too sounds ace. If I could afford it I would go there, plus it's a treck and a half for me too, so out of the question.

Good luck!

Thanks girls! I was shocked too! I expected to be in la la land! Instead I was able to watch them drain them on us screen and see the test tubes fill up! Was pretty cool!!
Very glad it's over! X

(as copied from "May anyone?" thread),
Hello all. I just got the call and it's BFN as I figured. :cry:FS wants to follow up as soon as I am ready. He only has office on Mondays so I think I'll wait till I have another monday off in 2 weeks. I don't think he will have any ideas as to why, but I think I'll go anyway. We don't have the money to try again so not sure it will matter.:shrug:
I hope to see more BFP's from you ladies in the mean time!:thumbup: It kinda sucks now though, seems like both the BFP's and the BFN's hurt when I see them.:wacko: I am so happy for you all that get the BFPs, just wish it was me too. And hate to see the BFN's cuz I know how sad it is.:cry:
And then I feel guilty cuz I do have my son and I know I am so lucky to have him. Oh, well. Just gonna hurt for a while I guess.:cry:

So sorry for you PSP:hugs: No wonder you're hurting, take care xx

(as copied from "May anyone?" thread),
Hello all. I just got the call and it's BFN as I figured. :cry:FS wants to follow up as soon as I am ready. He only has office on Mondays so I think I'll wait till I have another monday off in 2 weeks. I don't think he will have any ideas as to why, but I think I'll go anyway. We don't have the money to try again so not sure it will matter.:shrug:
I hope to see more BFP's from you ladies in the mean time!:thumbup: It kinda sucks now though, seems like both the BFP's and the BFN's hurt when I see them.:wacko: I am so happy for you all that get the BFPs, just wish it was me too. And hate to see the BFN's cuz I know how sad it is.:cry:
And then I feel guilty cuz I do have my son and I know I am so lucky to have him. Oh, well. Just gonna hurt for a while I guess.:cry:

I'm so sorry PSP. It blows and sometimes I am not sure why any of us put ourselves through it.

Yay for 15! That's awesome!

Welcome Sonya.

We put ourselves through it because there's always a chance. The only sure way to fail is to give up. So, we fight and fight.. because we want this more than we've ever wanted anything. That's why. It does blow though!

Psp sweetie I'm so sorry. You sound like you are being so brave but make sure you allow yourself whatever feelings come naturally. I know we can't say anything to stop the pain but I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of e-hugs :hugs:

Dreamofabean.. I can't believe you were conscious enough to see what they were doing! Was it weird? I was completely out for mine. But you probably felt better afterwards with a lighter sedation! Good luck with the call this morning :)

Psp I'm so sorry :(
Littlemouse it was bizarre! Kinda cool to see though!

Well ladies the clinic have called :) 13/15 were mature and 10 fertilised! Whoop! They've frozen 2 this morning and 8 are growing now!! I have to call on Thursday morning to see how they're doing! X

Megg, you are right, we all know why we are doing it.
I said I had to try. If I didn't, I'd always wonder "what if...", and even after all of it, I don't regret that I tried. Probably if I had the money I would keep trying for a while. I know first hand what can happen when it works, and that's why I wanted it again. It does seems a little like self-abuse though when we go through this over and over and don't get positive results.
I can't keep doing it though. We will be paying for this for a long time and I can't hold my family back from things because of my choices.

Oh, I get it. I know this is my last time for a very long while. We're taking 1-2 years off whether this time works or not. That's the scariest thing ever to me. But, its such self-abuse. And, everyone I know pretty much suffers with me. I can't keep doing it either. But, I'm going to give this cycle everything I have!

Megg, praying for success for you on this cycle! I would probably find a way to keep trying if I didn't have my son.
It's funny, the day I had my beta early and got the neg result, it was just he and I alone in the house, and I'm in my room crying. He heard me and came in. He said, "mom, why are you crying?" and I said, "I don't want to tell you, I don't want you to get upset." Mind you he had no idea we were actively trying. He does know some of the things involved with his IVF however. He persisted and I said, "well we are trying to give you a brother or sister and it's just not working!" Do you know he said to me, "mom, it's okay. We WANT one, but don't NEED one!" And he gave me a hug and just walked away. Like it was no big deal! I think he thought at first something was really wrong, I was so upset.
Just put it in perspective for me right there.
Then just this morning my husband's sister, who is 35 I think, told he she has just been diagnosed with Lupus. I thought, wow, okay. I need to just start really living again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->