• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Kaylakin: Well done on your EC and fingers crossed for your fertilisation, let us know. It sounds hilarious that you were awake and talking to them during EC! I'm definitely pleased I was out cold..

Hi Littlemouse! :hi:

Yes, it was very funny. Thank god I know my doctor and the nurses pretty well.

They did call today with the fertilization report. The nurse said that 7 are fertilized. They had collected 11 eggs, and I'm not sure how many were mature. I couldn't think to ask as I asked another question about the crinone gel. I'm very happy with 7, though! They said they would call again tomorrow and give another update on the embies and to tell me what time on Friday (most likely) the transfer will be. It is so surreal to have this all actually happening...so strange..I can't believe there are little embryos of mine and my hubby just chilling somewhere in a dish..this is all so insane..

Kaylakin 7 embryos is great news :happydance: It really is surreal isn't it? Good luck with your cycle. Will you be a 3day or 5 day or don't you know just yet? xx

Littlemouse i'm not too bad now thanks. af pains lasted for a few hours which worried me a bit but nothing I can do so am trying to chill out about it. I don't test till thursday next week, so still a long way to go yet. How far gone are you now? When do you get a scan? xx

Hi to everyone else xx

Congrats, davecr! Although, I'm not sure why they don't consider it confirmed unless its over 100. Most places "confirm" at over 25! LOL

Kaylakin: Well done on your EC and fingers crossed for your fertilisation, let us know. It sounds hilarious that you were awake and talking to them during EC! I'm definitely pleased I was out cold..

Hi Littlemouse! :hi:

Yes, it was very funny. Thank god I know my doctor and the nurses pretty well.

They did call today with the fertilization report. The nurse said that 7 are fertilized. They had collected 11 eggs, and I'm not sure how many were mature. I couldn't think to ask as I asked another question about the crinone gel. I'm very happy with 7, though! They said they would call again tomorrow and give another update on the embies and to tell me what time on Friday (most likely) the transfer will be. It is so surreal to have this all actually happening...so strange..I can't believe there are little embryos of mine and my hubby just chilling somewhere in a dish..this is all so insane..

7 is very good! You're a lucky girl getting an update again tomorrow! I wish my clinic did that! Friday will be here in no time! Good luck!

Kaylakin 7 embryos is great news :happydance: It really is surreal isn't it? Good luck with your cycle. Will you be a 3day or 5 day or don't you know just yet? xx

Littlemouse i'm not too bad now thanks. af pains lasted for a few hours which worried me a bit but nothing I can do so am trying to chill out about it. I don't test till thursday next week, so still a long way to go yet. How far gone are you now? When do you get a scan? xx

Hi to everyone else xx

Thanks Donna! I will be most likely a 3 day transfer. My doc said that there is no difference in outcome of transferring two 3-day embryos, and that there would be a higher risk of twins with a 5-day transfer of two (obviously!). I wanted to tell him that I'd rather have twins, but I know that is not his goal - it is to put back two with the hope of having one work. Oh well. He said if I were just transferring back 1, he would try to grow it to 5 days. Or, he said that if I was not going to freeze the remaining embryos, or if I had a ton of embryos, then he would try to transfer at 5 days. Soo, either way it looks like 3 days for me. I will find out officially tomorrow when they call.

I'm glad you're feeling better. It is so hard to chill out, but do your best because it is beyond your control at this point. That's how I'm trying to think of it at this point. I've done all I can do, and what's going to happen is going to happen...Plus, your scan isn't until Thursday so who knows what is going on in there, you know? Could be the embies burrowing in nice and deep! How are you passing the time? :hugs:

Kaylakin no scan unfortunately, just poas next thursday. Not sure what I'm doing to take my mind off things really. Have been stalking the internet everyday, all subjects referring to IVF!, and am back to work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night. Then dh is finally home on thursday, when its test day. Hope I can hold out till then. Take care and let us know how your embies get on tomorrow xx

Kaylakin no scan unfortunately, just poas next thursday. Not sure what I'm doing to take my mind off things really. Have been stalking the internet everyday, all subjects referring to IVF!, and am back to work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night. Then dh is finally home on thursday, when its test day. Hope I can hold out till then. Take care and let us know how your embies get on tomorrow xx

Sorry I don't know why I said scan..I meant your test! That's good your dh is home for test day...you plan to test before then or you think you will hold off? Ill update tomorrow regarding the embies...

Kaylakin - congrats on the 7 that fertilized. That's great news. Are you going to freeze the rest?

Donna - hang in there. You still have a ways to go and I know its hard not to think about it all the time. Glad hubby will be back on test day. I made mine look at the stick after I pee-ed on it. I couldn't bear to know! Silly I know LOL

I haven't popped in for a while, had my FS appoinment tomorrow, he's sending me for a HSG (I've already had 2 laps, and an ectopic, one tube left and its buggered) and I have to lose 1st 7lbs, then we are good to go and he's gonna refer me. 3 month wait for HSG, so hoping to get referred in Sept/October. Another 3/4 month wait, will all be worth it though.

Congrats to all the preggy ladies, and the ladies who are cycling good luck.

I really cannot wait to start. Maybe I'll even be pregnant this time next year!

xxx

Kaylakin - congrats on the 7 that fertilized. That's great news. Are you going to freeze the rest?

Donna - hang in there. You still have a ways to go and I know its hard not to think about it all the time. Glad hubby will be back on test day. I made mine look at the stick after I pee-ed on it. I couldn't bear to know! Silly I know LOL

Hey davecr,
Thanks, and yes we plan to freeze any if we end up having any that make it to blast. How ya feeling?

I haven't popped in for a while, had my FS appoinment tomorrow, he's sending me for a HSG (I've already had 2 laps, and an ectopic, one tube left and its buggered) and I have to lose 1st 7lbs, then we are good to go and he's gonna refer me. 3 month wait for HSG, so hoping to get referred in Sept/October. Another 3/4 month wait, will all be worth it though.

xxx

Hey magpies,
Glad that you are getting the ball rolling. All of the waiting time seems so long! How come it is 3 months for an HSG? Good luck with starting -- the waiting is the worse by far!

Hi everyone,
So they called and I will be having my transfer tomorrow at 10:30. I'm getting excited/nervous.
I have a kind of dumb question. They said on the phone no scented lotions/deodorant/soaps, etc. They said I could take a shower but not to use scented soaps. The thing is, everything in the shower is scented - like even shampoo/conditioner/body wash. You think it is okay to use shampoo/conditioner? Wear some light makeup? This is probably a really stupid question, but what did you all do on embryo transfer day?

xxx

Hey magpies,
Glad that you are getting the ball rolling. All of the waiting time seems so long! How come it is 3 months for an HSG? Good luck with starting -- the waiting is the worse by far!

It's just the NHS waiting list, they are allowed to go upto 18 weeks which is 4.5 months. :dohh:

But it's free so I can't complain! Gives me time to get my BMI down too! Lost 6lbs so far this week, never felt so motivated in my life!

xxx

Hi everyone,
So they called and I will be having my transfer tomorrow at 10:30. I'm getting excited/nervous.
I have a kind of dumb question. They said on the phone no scented lotions/deodorant/soaps, etc. They said I could take a shower but not to use scented soaps. The thing is, everything in the shower is scented - like even shampoo/conditioner/body wash. You think it is okay to use shampoo/conditioner? Wear some light makeup? This is probably a really stupid question, but what did you all do on embryo transfer day?

Mine never said no scented soaps... So, I don't know. I know makeup is a no-no. I think I'd avoid shampoo and conditioner too. Just wash your hair later in the day! Better safe than sorry! I go to EC and ET looking all but homeless... I wear the most comfortable (usually not very flattering) clothes I can find and do nothing with my hair. Although, those instructions are usually for anesthesia/sedation. I don't know why you'd have to follow them for ET.

Hi Kaylakin

I'm not sure why they said that either - it's different conditions than with EC so should be less strict. They didn't give any such instructions to me, but to be honest I just went 'au naturel' a bit like Meg, it's just not a day for glamour as far as I was concerned, especially as I just came home and went to bed!

Anyway, really good luck for your ET!

X

Hey Dream, sorry about your :BFN: :hugs:

As the Ticker says a week today and it all kicks off for me. Arranged consents app for next Thurs which just so happens to be CD19 so nurse happy for me to start Prostap then, not sure of exact timings but hopefully this time next month I might just be PUPO:wacko:

Good luck with everyone else cycling, waiting and hoping xx

Hi girls, Embryos are sensitive to strong odours, that's why they say no to all that lot. I wore make up though, nothing was said about that. But yes I too looked like a bag or s?!t.

Kaylakin good luck for tomorrow. xx

Hi to everyone else. Catch up soon xx

Our whole unit doesn't allow deoderant or perfume when you go and visit, for any reason as they could effect the growing embies.

Yes, I looked like crap too on my EC day in February. :haha:

If the perfumed stuff can effect them... Why the heck isn't my clinic telling me the same thing?!?! Now I'm a bit put off with them! I think I only wore deodorant that day... not body spray or anything harsh. But, still... Should be a universal rule if it can cause damage! Mine poor little mites couldn't afford anymore damage!

My DH has just told me our clinic had this written on the door on the way into the treatment room. I didn't see it at all!

Also feel that it's a bit late to find out if you're already on your way in.. how do you remove perfume! I have learned SO much in this process, not all of it necessarily at the right time :)

Kaylakin now you know. Go au naturel for the good of your embies :)

X

Our whole unit doesn't allow deoderant or perfume when you go and visit, for any reason as they could effect the growing embies.

Yes, I looked like crap too on my EC day in February. :haha:

i was told the same no perfume etc when attending the clinic,

not long to go wallie wishing you lots of luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"