• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

I'm sure it will be fine Dave!! If your hcg levels are still great then dont worry. I've enevr been there but have heard lots of people say that symptoms will come and go, so dont worry yourself!
Thank you lovely, I'm determined to fight on, i may have lost this battle but the war will be mine......muah ha ha ha ha! ;)

morning ladies, just a quick one as today is the first day of a new me (I hope) I am 9dp3dt and have another BFN :nope: I know there is the tiniest chance that I may still be in but I doubt it very much. I am using FRER which detects at 12.5miu, so only needs a really really low HCG level. I've always told myself how lucky I am to have 2 beautiful boys and when I talk to myself (which I have been a lot lately :wacko:) I say i'd rather someone who doesn't have any children be successful rather than myself. IVF has taken over my life and today is the day it stops. I'm 42 and the only reason I went down this route is because the Dr's told me i'd have bad eggs and ivf was the only way. Well i've proved them wrong. 'Great embryos' is what they said. So maybe we can make great embryos on our own, maybe not. We still have a snowbaby too, so we'll see. I will still come on here to catch up with you all and watch lots of successes and support the not so successfuls but in my mind i'm letting go a bit. Thanks to everyone for all the support and good luck lovely ladies. xx Not a quick one at all was it?

Hi Donna
day 9... so there is still hope but I completely understand what you mean. I feel i have lost the real me and trying for a baby then doing IVF has been totally life changing and consuming.I long for the days when you dont actually watch what you eat & drink and know what cycle day you are on!! I am sorry if you do get a definate BFN but wish you all the luck in the world the 'natural' way. .. miracles do happen. Take care Bx

Hi all,

How's everyone doing? Hanging in there?

This whole process BLOWS!

Any updates anyone?

Found out tonight that everyone in my family is pregnant but me... I'm unhappy.

Meg,
Ughhh...that completely sucks. Are these people you need to see frequently or can you keep a distance?
I hung out with my family yesterday and my brother has two young kids. It is always hard to hang out with them but they are super cute. My brother's wife is like "supermom" and she was even playing with the kids on the floor of the restaurant to calm them down. It's getting a bit much, really..I found myself really annoyed and even made a comment to my parents but joking around. I feel like a b*tch but what can I do? It's just how I feel and she had it so easy - never had to try at all to have them...Nobody understands what we go through...

You ARE pregnant too!! With at least twins I recon.... :kiss::hugs:

xxx

Well, hopefully! Makes it even scarier waiting on Friday though! Thank you though! I really appreciate it! :flower:

Meg,
Ughhh...that completely sucks. Are these people you need to see frequently or can you keep a distance?
I hung out with my family yesterday and my brother has two young kids. It is always hard to hang out with them but they are super cute. My brother's wife is like "supermom" and she was even playing with the kids on the floor of the restaurant to calm them down. It's getting a bit much, really..I found myself really annoyed and even made a comment to my parents but joking around. I feel like a b*tch but what can I do? It's just how I feel and she had it so easy - never had to try at all to have them...Nobody understands what we go through...

I don't see them often... but I feel like crap. Basically, its not "news"... Just that no one wanted to tell me. So, I've become "that girl" that people hide important information from because they "don't know how to tell me." One of them drinks, smokes, has varied drug habits, and is an un-medicated bi-polar who threatens people with knives, attempts to get her husband (my cousin) arrested, and leaves him about twice a week. The other had to have 5 rounds of IVF for the 2 kids that she already has (that she pretty much ignores and let's her mother raise more often than not) and then this was an accident from the one time she slept with her husband who she hates. She's not even happy about it. Oh, and she's already 16w. So, isn't that special? We've talked since she's known, and she didn't even bother to put on her big girl panties and tell me herself. I'm sort of sick about it all. :nope:

How does it always happen like that? Drives me crazy. Also, how can the one who had 5 round of IVF just ignore her kids? It is inconceivable (no pun intended). I always feel like I will never forget the hard times we went through to have our kids. I'm not saying it will be easy raising kids or that it is a walk in the park, but I feel like I will genuinely always remember how I got there...

As much as you can, try to put some positive vibes toward your three embies on board. I will do the same for my two. I hate not knowing what is going on in there. It's strange, because in a way, it was easier knowing what they were doing in the dish/lab. Now that they're in my body, I have no clue if they are growing, if they are progressing as they should, if everything is fine, or if everything is over without my even knowing.... :**(

Hello ladies,

It is very hard the 'not knowing' what's going on in your uterus part. I told my husband after the transfer that we were doing so much to control the eggs growing and monitoring the hormones that it felt weird after the transfer where it was still all left up to god or whomever you believe in greater power to make them stick. Like couldn't the science have been figured out for that part too. How can that main step be left up to chance? It is crazy!

There is a lady here at work who is also like one of your family megg. She got pg easily right after marriage and now lets her mom pretty much raise him. I could never leave my kid with someone else overnight just because it was too much driving to get to your mom's place to pick him up at the end of day (her mom lives in the same freakin city and she couldn't get across town -really!). Amazing!

AFM - went for first US today to make sure embbie stuck in the right location in the uterus and we have a confirmed baby (single baby - no twins) growing in the right place. Got a print of my first US with the little sac showing. I can't stop smiling.

Baby dust to all of you in 2ww.

Great news Davecr. so so pleased all is well. Megg and Kaylakin hang on in there. Keep up with the positive vibes, there has been a lot of BFN's lately so it must be your turn to have BFP's. Good luck xx Karen if you're looking at this thread, how did your scan go today? xx I'm ok, waiting for dh to come home on thursday, will set up an appointment with my fertility dr to see what we should do next. Do we spend another £5000 on ivf, do we just try our one snowbaby, or do we give up and just try naturally., Time is running out, I can hear the clock ticking........................ xx

Aaww Megg it's totally crap when everyone around you is fallin preggers whilst we're going thru this malarky! As I've kept our journey a secret from I'm gettin "guess what I'm pregnant, why don't you hurry up and get pregnant so we can be off on mat leave together!" Just shows how simplistic TTC is for some people.

Rather than think how ungrateful some people are I just try to think how when I do have a kid I will appreciate, love and adore it more than anyone who didn't struggle and that in itself will be an extra special bond.

Congrats Dave, must be feeling a little more re-assured.

Donna, good luck in whatever you decide. It's really tough to know what to do for the best, especially if time is against you.

Kaylakin, know what you mean about leave the important part to fate, I personally want to be sedated throughout the whole 2ww.

:hug: to all

How does it always happen like that? Drives me crazy. Also, how can the one who had 5 round of IVF just ignore her kids? It is inconceivable (no pun intended). I always feel like I will never forget the hard times we went through to have our kids. I'm not saying it will be easy raising kids or that it is a walk in the park, but I feel like I will genuinely always remember how I got there...

As much as you can, try to put some positive vibes toward your three embies on board. I will do the same for my two. I hate not knowing what is going on in there. It's strange, because in a way, it was easier knowing what they were doing in the dish/lab. Now that they're in my body, I have no clue if they are growing, if they are progressing as they should, if everything is fine, or if everything is over without my even knowing.... :**(

That's exactly it! I keep thinking... What if I'm talking to nothing. If they weren't going to survive, they already haven't! Cause, I felt pretty silly at the end of the last cycle when I realized that we were telling them to hold on and then found out there was nothing there. I don't want to do that again!

Hello ladies,

It is very hard the 'not knowing' what's going on in your uterus part. I told my husband after the transfer that we were doing so much to control the eggs growing and monitoring the hormones that it felt weird after the transfer where it was still all left up to god or whomever you believe in greater power to make them stick. Like couldn't the science have been figured out for that part too. How can that main step be left up to chance? It is crazy!

There is a lady here at work who is also like one of your family megg. She got pg easily right after marriage and now lets her mom pretty much raise him. I could never leave my kid with someone else overnight just because it was too much driving to get to your mom's place to pick him up at the end of day (her mom lives in the same freakin city and she couldn't get across town -really!). Amazing!

AFM - went for first US today to make sure embbie stuck in the right location in the uterus and we have a confirmed baby (single baby - no twins) growing in the right place. Got a print of my first US with the little sac showing. I can't stop smiling.

Baby dust to all of you in 2ww.

I don't know how on earth we leave it to chance either! Seems like there's more they could do scientifically! But, I guess nature still plays some part :(

Congrats on a confirmed baby! Fab news!

Great news Davecr. so so pleased all is well. Megg and Kaylakin hang on in there. Keep up with the positive vibes, there has been a lot of BFN's lately so it must be your turn to have BFP's. Good luck xx Karen if you're looking at this thread, how did your scan go today? xx I'm ok, waiting for dh to come home on thursday, will set up an appointment with my fertility dr to see what we should do next. Do we spend another £5000 on ivf, do we just try our one snowbaby, or do we give up and just try naturally., Time is running out, I can hear the clock ticking........................ xx

Statistically, I know that's true... but it hurts me to think that someone else's heartache could possibly improve my statistical chances. And, honestly, last cycle was a HUGE boom of BFP's... So, I was in the ones that improved everyone else's chances. I've been on both sides of it, and they suck for different reasons. :hugs: I hope your doc has a plan!

Aaww Megg it's totally crap when everyone around you is fallin preggers whilst we're going thru this malarky! As I've kept our journey a secret from I'm gettin "guess what I'm pregnant, why don't you hurry up and get pregnant so we can be off on mat leave together!" Just shows how simplistic TTC is for some people.

Rather than think how ungrateful some people are I just try to think how when I do have a kid I will appreciate, love and adore it more than anyone who didn't struggle and that in itself will be an extra special bond.

Congrats Dave, must be feeling a little more re-assured.

Donna, good luck in whatever you decide. It's really tough to know what to do for the best, especially if time is against you.

Kaylakin, know what you mean about leave the important part to fate, I personally want to be sedated throughout the whole 2ww.

:hug: to all

I definitely try to think of it that way... but I just don't want to think about how unpleasant my life will be if this fails and I have to know that they're out there succeeding accidentally!

Dave - congrats! that is great news! You must be so excited...

Ahh..to be sedated the entire 2WW..now we're talking...At least it isn't an entire 2 weeks. I will have my beta 11 days after my transfer. I had my transfer on a Friday, so there are two weekends in there to help pass the time at least (trying to see any positive slant here)

Megg - I know what you mean. What if I'm talking to them and they're not there? I guess we have to keep going on -- we have no other choice. I keep rubbing my stomach where I think my uterus is and hoping there is something going on there. They would be blastocysts by now, so hopefully starting to burrow in... Ugh, someone knock me out until next week...

Quick question for everyone -
Did you get your progesterone level checked after your transfer? I am getting mine checked tomorrow which is a week after the ER. Not sure what level they would be looking for...?

My clinic doesn't check levels. There are guidelines on what they like to see, but I don't know the specifics on what those guidelines are. :shrug: I'm sure they'll tell you though! Good luck!

Same here... I talk to them and just wonder if there's any point. I'm actually dreading Friday. :(

hi all :wave:

I was on this thread back in Feb having our failed IVF cycle - wow it's moved on since then and got some catching up to do!

Am just about to start the ball rolling with a FET. At my review appt with the consultant he told me to take BCP on first day of af on the month we wanted to start FET. That was Friday, so started BCP. I rang the clinic to book in for day 21 scan and was told i had to take BCP, have af again, then ring for day 21 scan. I thought the point of me taking BCP was cos I have PCOS so don't have regular cycles, not sure if i ov etc, so it'd be easier to start the cycle with the use of BCP. I did this for our fresh cycle too.

I only spoke the consultant's secretary, not a nurse, but just wondered if anyone who's had previous FET whether you've had to take the pill as well - and if so when did your cycle start after that?

Am very very confused :headspin: no idea what i'm meant to be doing. :nope:

Quick question for everyone -
Did you get your progesterone level checked after your transfer? I am getting mine checked tomorrow which is a week after the ER. Not sure what level they would be looking for...?

I have been getting my progrestrone tested every 3-4 days since ET and they are looking for anything over 20. That's what the nurse told me. Good Luck.

Thanks, Dave and Megg. I went today for bloodwork so hopefully the progesterone is high enough.

Mrsmajor - welcome back, and I'm unsure about the FET. I was wondering what the usual protocol was for that, like if you had to be on BCPs or if people could start right away...Not sure, but I hope you get your answers.

AFM, I am really upset right now. Can you guys tell me if I should be or am I just a hormonal/emotional mess? I went for bloodwork today and I asked about the embryos and how many they were able to actually freeze. I had assumed they froze them on day 5 because they had told me previously that they only freeze the best quality, and they don't freeze just to freeze, and that's why their FET rates were as high as they were. Soo..I know I had 5 embryos left on the day of my transfer (not including the 2 we transferred). They were all either 7 or 8 cells and A or B quality (?) on day 3. I asked when they froze them and how many were left and they checked and said that they froze 5. The andrologist wasn't getting back to them at the moment, but they said that they were pretty sure it was on day 3. Now, I know I didn't get the info directly from the andrologist or from my doctor (he wasn't there when I was there), but it sounds like this is what happened because otherwise they would have called and told me how many made it to blast. Soo..I have 5 embryos frozen on day three. I don't see why the hell they would do this??! Especially if they were all good quality, why wouldn't they try to grow them to blast??? I would want to know which ones made it to blast and which ones didn't. I read somewhere that the success rates with a FET of a 3-day embryo are like 10-20% vs 40-50% with a FET of a blastocyst. Now I"m freaking out and thinking that he just wants to get more money out of us because he knows our insurance pays for it and he doesn't want it to work so he gives us the worst situation. I know this is probably so irrational. I mean, he wants it to work because he wants good success rates for his clinic. And nothing about his demeanor suggests otherwise, but I am freaking out nonetheless. So far, I've been worried about the embies, etc...but I haven't really been emotional, and today I was in tears when I got to my car leaving the clinic...what the hell?? What do you all think of this? I don't understand freezing on day 3 if you could try to go to blast? It is different from transferring on day 3 vs 5 in my opinion, because freezing is harder for the embies to survive in the first place...ughhhh..I hate this!!!

I'd be a bit upset about it too, honey.. But, I like to think they had reasons other than "more money" to do it. I wish I knew what those reasons were though.

As far as being emotional... Its the curse of 7dpo. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone calm at 7dpo. I decide my cycle's failed every time on 7dpo exactly! LOL

Thanks, Meg. I wish I knew, too. I don't think that's his reason, but I can't think of any others. I know he is very concerned about multiples, even twins, but it's not like I would transfer back like 3 blasts unless I had to!

That's interesting about 7dpo. I really just got emotional today. This waiting is torture. I think I need to call and speak directly to my doctor. I'm going to have him call me back so I can ask him all of these questions and hear his answers from the man himself. I'm even scaring my husband, as I called him after my appointment and I was going off on the phone. Once he even told me to "take it easy" LOL
Meg, how you hanging in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->