IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

hey,
ive got the appoitment with the FS on thurs! been ttc for just over two years. done 6 goes of clomid. and ovulated at 100mg but not bfp. i have pcos and get my period like twice a year.
DH hasnt had SA, and ive not have any tests or scans apart from weekly bloods since starting metformin 8 months ago. have stopped with the bloods now coz it was obvious nothing was happening!
am hoping for ivf in feb/march.
were going private xxx

does anyone know what the first tests will be? xxx

Hiya everyone! Time is flying;my appointment is coming up and I am getting anxious and impatient and excited all at once and am not sleeping well. I have a ton of energy. I just hope I stay with this positivity throughout the IVF cycle! I keep thinking I am having twins before I even conceive as I am always referring to our future baby as "they" let's hope!
So far my CM (TMI) is indicative with an on time O this month, so that AF will be on time for IVF....
It's getting more exciting every day for us all! Closer and closer to our babes in arms.
Sorry about the surprises crystal with the hospital fees! I am def asking about possible "surprise" fees along the way! I don't have much extra money for that.
Is everyone else feeling this positive? I hope so! Come on IVF-let;s go! lol And come on RAF wifey's AF!

Manchester: I think they start with an Ultrasound of your lady parts inside and a physical and some hormonal labs and thyroid. SA for DH. If SA is abnormal, then hormone bloods for DH. If anything is abnormal for your bloods or ultrasound, then they may do more bloods, a hysterosalpingogram....um...I am so tired right now, yet full of energy that I am afraid I am not being much help and/or forgetting something...anyone wanna throw in your two cents worth?

no thats great!!
haha i always speak to my friend about my possible ivf and we always talk about me having twins!! ive been using my best friend again....google for lots of info!!!

good luck to you!!whens your appointment?

Thanks Kristen...it does give me an idea!! I will be a little later than u. Sending postive thoughts your way around that time!!

Your welcome :)

Thank you for your positive thoughts and I will do the same for you! :flower:

Hi ladies
hope you're all doing well
have an appt with the nurse tomorrow so she can show me how to inject myself, and then thursday is the big day!! getting nervous!

twins me too im convinced that if we are successful theres going to be two babies and im going to be willing both embryos to stick from the start, theres normally a 1 in 4 chance of twins with 2 embryos but our consultant said from our test results we have a 1 in 3 chance of both sticking x

HI Guys
Got my appointment for 23rd Decemvber to start 9th January. Anyone know if I get pregnant on this cycle naturally that it will be harmed if deregging? I don't know whether to try, really want too because it will save a packet if I miraculously get pregnant.
Will I dereg or not? I'm 41 in may and have a baby boy 17 months

Everyone is really getting goin now. Can't wait to start mine in Jan. Still hlding out hope for natural BFP this cycle! Testing xmas eve! Fingers crossed.
So many people on the thread nowi can't keep up with everyone, but angiemom please come back and tell us how you're doin.
Who's next for egg collecetion?

I'm the same I want twins.. Really really want twins. But definitely would be happen with either.
40yroldmum yeah it definitely is not recommended to concieve whilst in IVF cycle. Have you not received all ur paperwork?
Ill read mine when I get home this afternoon and tell you what it say. But I sure its during stimming it says in big bold letter use a condom!
X

we were told today that we must use contraception while doing DR, cos they don't know what effects drugs can have on a foetus

just checked all my paper work. says defo use contraception during DR xx

Hi girls,

I read through my paperwork and nothing about using protection, but I'm on a Flare cycle so maybe that's why? I know she said yesterday I wouldn't release any eggs until the trigger so maybe that's why...not sure really:)

Had appointment with FS yesterday and my scan there was 1 follie on one side and 4 on the other she said completely normal for a natural cycle and the uterine lining was normal which I was happy about but felt like saying if everything is normal why am I having to do this??

Got consents signed etc. now we just have our last appointments next week...yahhhh!!!! It is getting close now and exciting :)

Hi ladies
have an appt with the nurse tomorrow so she can show me how to inject myself, and then thursday is the big day!! getting nervous!

How was your appt? I have mine tomorrow!

I'm so glad someone is starting their shots the same day as me :)

I don''t have any paperwork yet! I guess that is what the next appointment is for. So excited! I don't think I will be on any BCP. I think he is going to ensure I ovulated by a progesterone test and then start DR....scary, what if I did get pregnant and was DRing? I don't think it would survive, no? I dunno...guess he k nows what he's doing.

Hi ladies

How was your appt? I have mine tomorrow!

I'm so glad someone is starting their shots the same day as me :)

Hi
hope your appt went well, mine was fine yesterday, and have given myself my 1st injection this morning, and it was fine, it bled a tiny bit and now i have slight bruising, but it really was absolutely fine
good luck and i agree it is good having someone starting the same time!
x

Mine went well too :) It's exciting that everything has started now!

mrssunshine and kristin congratulations on starting

well af finally arrived today so i called the clinic to arrange my appointment for injection training and prescription and the nurse is not there until monday morning, the receptionist said there are no available spaces so to call back on monday so the nurse can fit me in somewhere on cd19 so that should be the 4th of january and stimming should start 16th january

had a bit of a nightmare yesterday, a massive bruise appeared where i'd done my injection! went to see the nurse, she said i'd probably hit a blood vessel, and to give it another go today, do have another bruise today, but nowhere near as bad as the one from yesterday - am gonna look such a mess in a weeks time lol

good new raf-wife, bet u just wanna get started now!

how's everyone else?

ANGIE how are you doing ? thinking of you x

Hi there!
Thanks for thinking of me,
I'm having the longest 11 days of my life!!! I'm not gonna lie, the 2ww is hard hard hard......trying to keep positive as possible. But now its getting to the last few days, Im dreading AF arriving!!! Just hoping and praying it has worked...any tips on how to stay sane......i did toy with the idea of testing early but I thought that might send me more mad so I wont....

Anyway enough about me, how are you doing? Hows the driving doing? You'll be starting yours so soon, it goes quickly really doesn't it? Bet your super excited now!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"