IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Hi there everyone, still no IVF meds pic...family still here for Xmas.
At our appointment, my hubby had a normal SA this time around...so strange as the 1st SA last year was "only one or two" sperm found. He is at 24 million now and everything normal...strange. So even if IVF doesn't work, perhaps we can just try naturally afterwards. I don't think I could afford it anyway again! We could do IUI's I suppose at only $600 a pop. As for me, I think I FINALLY ovulated. It confused me because the dumb ass nurse practitioner was doing the ultrasound the last 2 times and said what appeared to be a follicle was my "corpus luteum" I didn't think I ovulated, but when the NP says you did and has a scan to prove it, you start to not trust your body. Well, 2 progesterone tests prove otherwise! My appointment is for the 28th and that is where I think they will tell me when to start the Lupron....FINALLy! Whenever I am stressed or even have one drink of alcohol-my ovulation is delayed, but I eventually do O. I had a few drinks on Monday. It is now CD21 and I believe I am 1DPO...pheww.
Crystal: it is stressful. I don't know if I could do it again and I haven't even started!

that's great news about the normal SA :) I'm hoping for at least an increased count because of a supplement the urologist gave hubby...I'm still hoping to get a natural BFP at some point in the future!

Merry Christmas everyone!

What was your count Kristin? Well, not yours, but your hubby's lol

the first time it was .21 million, the 2nd time it was .2 million and when he gave the sample for freezing it was .15 million....

So the trend seems to be its decreasing which is why they had us freeze a sample. I dont imagine that it was go back up to normal but some increase would be nice. I'm afraid that 5 years from now if we want more kids there wont be any left for them to use :( the urologist gave us the supplement that is supposed to make them stronger and help increase the chances of IVF working but I'm hoping it will help his count too. Everything else (morphology, acidity, volume..) was normal though

the first time it was .21 million, the 2nd time it was .2 million and when he gave the sample for freezing it was .15 million....

So the trend seems to be its decreasing which is why they had us freeze a sample. I dont imagine that it was go back up to normal but some increase would be nice. I'm afraid that 5 years from now if we want more kids there wont be any left for them to use :( the urologist gave us the supplement that is supposed to make them stronger and help increase the chances of IVF working but I'm hoping it will help his count too. Everything else (morphology, acidity, volume..) was normal though

Are you having ICSI? Sorry I know you've probably said 100 times..lol..we're having regular IVF, however if for some strange reason the egg and sperm don't fertilize then we've asked that they move directly on to ICSI.

Ya we are doing ICSI...the FS told us there was no other way bc the count was so low so they went directly to it

Hey girls, well, IVF is well and truly on it's way now, it's all paid for! Unfortunately.

And I got the metformin, so I've to take that 2-3 weeks before my next af, so I'll start it around the 8th of Jan, then I start injections when af arrives!

Quite excited now!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

That's great news Jo! It is exciting starting ivf, although that statement in itself sounds very bizarre lol

Hope everyone had a great Xmas. Had a lovely day, but yet another preg announcement on boxing day :-(

Afm am having lots of night sweats with my injections, am a bit teary and feeling bit fed up, am trying to stay positive but am finding it hard at the moment

Hope everyone else is doing ok

Xx

thats fantastic jo x

mrssunshine night sweats are horrible i sometimes get them with af not too long to go now though hun x

afm i am so impatient just want to get started.
i went to the next clothes sale yesterday and bought some long floaty tops and a few pairs of trousers all a size bigger just in case :winkwink:

Rafwife: I need to get some fat, bloated clothes to make room for my ovaries during stims. I can only imagine how I will feel with several eggs...my one egg monthly is painful and bloaty as is.
Flakey: it is exciting to have it all paid for and set to go isn't it?!

I still have that pic to take and I will of the meds after I get some sleep. I've been working the last few days after my family left. I just got home from the doctor again to check ovulation. I know I ovulated Thursday, so my progesterone should come back later and I will be given the OK to start my Lupron in the AM! Doc said my uterine lining sure was convincing as far as O goes. Not that I have any doubts. Can't wait to just hurry and get started Damn ovulation would have to be like 5 days late this month of all months!
How is everyone doing thus far?

im pretty sure ive have been having ov pains today so hoping things may happen even sooner when my cycles regular its normally 31 days and my accupuncturist is trying to get it to 28 - 29 so hopefully thats why and i will get af sooner x

im pretty sure ive have been having ov pains today so hoping things may happen even sooner when my cycles regular its normally 31 days and my accupuncturist is trying to get it to 28 - 29 so hopefully thats why and i will get af sooner x

That's good news! Hope it arrives a bit sooner & you can get started.

Ugh guys I am livid! That NP didnt call back with my progesterone results so I am left in the dark starting the Lupron tomorrow! I actually called her twice and she ignored me, hung on me once said she was calling the doctor and never called me back! I left her 2 messages. She makes mistakes about 50% of the time or plain just doesnt care. I dont need her to make more stress than the IVF itself. If this happens again, I am getting a refund! I had bad experiences with her already saying my husbands SA "looked good" in a message amongst similar "oversights" when he had only 1-2 sperm seen last year. She stressed me out so bad, I actually drank which I dont like doing! I think I will start the Lupron anyway tomorrow like the doctor said (he just said wait on the progesterone, but I KNOW I O'd!). She really has made things so much worse and more stressfull than need be and doesnt even care! I am so freaking mad I could cry. What if she keeps doing things like this when it gets more serious?

Ugh guys I am livid! That NP didnt call back with my progesterone results so I am left in the dark starting the Lupron tomorrow! I actually called her twice and she ignored me, hung on me once said she was calling the doctor and never called me back! I left her 2 messages. She makes mistakes about 50% of the time or plain just doesnt care. I dont need her to make more stress than the IVF itself. If this happens again, I am getting a refund! I had bad experiences with her already saying my husbands SA "looked good" in a message amongst similar "oversights" when he had only 1-2 sperm seen last year. She stressed me out so bad, I actually drank which I dont like doing! I think I will start the Lupron anyway tomorrow like the doctor said (he just said wait on the progesterone, but I KNOW I O'd!). She really has made things so much worse and more stressfull than need be and doesnt even care! I am so freaking mad I could cry. What if she keeps doing things like this when it gets more serious?

Omg alexa i cant believe your being treated like this, is there anyone else you can speak to, if so call the clinics reception and demand to speak to someone else and put in a complaint, tell them this is the last thing you need and that you should be able to have trust in your clinic to treat you properly,
im so sorry your having to go through this :hugs:

That is absolutely appalling!! as if this whole process isn't stressful enough!! I would start the lupron, if thats what dr said esp if u know you ov'd

had bloods done today to check i'm downregulated and tomorrow have a scan to see how it looks, so maybe will start stimming tomorrow fx, i really hope my body has done what its supposed to have done.

am still full of cold, or maybe its come back to upset me and make me feel even more shitty!

That is absolutely appalling!! as if this whole process isn't stressful enough!! I would start the lupron, if thats what dr said esp if u know you ov'd

had bloods done today to check i'm downregulated and tomorrow have a scan to see how it looks, so maybe will start stimming tomorrow fx, i really hope my body has done what its supposed to have done.

am still full of cold, or maybe its come back to upset me and make me feel even more shitty!

my hubby has this cough/cold bug too its really horrible and wont shift :hugs:
i hope things go well for you tommorrow x

Now she has called me back with last months progesterone results and said to come back in a week...I told her my period comes in a week and the doctor told me to start Lupron if I O'd and that she was giving me last months results! She says to come in tomorrow at 10! She is so careless that I am afraid! I am starting the Lupron tomorrow and she can shove it! That would put me at about a week before my period! I am not letting her screw this up! She also is on probation regarding her license! I wish there was another clinic!

Now she has called me back with last months progesterone results and said to come back in a week...I told her my period comes in a week and the doctor told me to start Lupron if I O'd and that she was giving me last months results! She says to come in tomorrow at 10! She is so careless that I am afraid! I am starting the Lupron tomorrow and she can shove it! That would put me at about a week before my period! I am not letting her screw this up! She also is on probation regarding her license! I wish there was another clinic!

That is really bad! I'd def put in a complaint!

I have my scan tomorrow as well :) Hope everything looks good for you mrssunshine :flower:

good luck for your appointments today alexa and kristin x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->