IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

have you had your scan mrssunshine, im getting confused as to whos having what and when :dohh:

Hi, everyone! We are going into our second round of ivf this week. I start one week of lupron today and then will start the stims next week. OHHH...praying for this one..

good luck!!

yeah i'm having my scan this afternoon at 1530, bit sick of waiting round for it now, i'm glad my others are in the morning!

is this the first one to check how your follicles are growing ? or are you down regging im not sure how the long protocol works

I just got back from my appt...they took blood and did the scan to check the follicles

The dr saw 7 on the left and 6 on the right :)

They showed me how to do the next medications (follistim and menopur) and sent me on my way saying everything looks great!

YAY!

Yay Kristen, i was told the same too, i'm taking buserelin on a morning (like i have been for past couple of weeks) and then menopur on an evening, that hurt a bit tonight, think it must be cos i'm used to 0.5ml, and not 1ml - oh well will just have to get used to it

my scan was to check that my body wasn't doing anything it shouldn't be, they just said everything looked fine, so stimming now

xx

Yay Kristen, i was told the same too, i'm taking buserelin on a morning (like i have been for past couple of weeks) and then menopur on an evening, that hurt a bit tonight, think it must be cos i'm used to 0.5ml, and not 1ml - oh well will just have to get used to it

my scan was to check that my body wasn't doing anything it shouldn't be, they just said everything looked fine, so stimming now

xx

They told me the menopur would hurt a little, said it would burn...my hubby couldnt believe it when i told him how much i have to inject...lol
So for around another week i'm doing 3 injections a day because I have to keep doing the Lupron in the morning along with the other 2 new ones...

Wow Kristin...getting complicated now (in a good way) huh?

AFM: I didn't go to today's appointment and so the doctor called me and I told him what happened and he said it was fine if I only seen him and I felt so relieved. I told him I started the Lupron yesterday and he was OK with everything. So next appointment is the 4th. I guess this appointment is to make sure my ovaries are shut down? I am not sure lol So far, no side effects from Lupron. Boy that 1st shot was scary going in, but I do injections on other people daily, but when it's yourself, it's a whole another thing! It didn't sting at all. But then again, the 1st 3 days of Lupron shouldn't have too many side eefects, just when your pituitary gets tired I think is when the hot flashes will come! eeeek
How is everyone?

alexa :yipee: for starting, what did the doctor say about what happened, at least you dont have to deal with her again x :hugs:

glad youve started alexapoo, hopefully your clinic might be a bit more helpful now!!

kristen 3 injections a day!! i thought 2 was bad! so whats the follistim for? its weird how they give everyone different drugs isn't it? whens your next scan? mines on wed

hope everyone has a good new year!!

He said "sometimes we just have personality conflicts with certain people and that's fine if you just see me" I wanted to say it isn't a personality conflict, more like inept unprofessionalism and incompetence, but I left it at that. I am just happy to be seeing only him. She has her own strange ideas and I don't like them and she has not a clue as to what she is doing. I don't care about personality-I care about competence and trust.
Anyone have any side effects from DRing? I am scared after day 3! What is that first appointment for after DRing?

glad youve started alexapoo, hopefully your clinic might be a bit more helpful now!!

kristen 3 injections a day!! i thought 2 was bad! so whats the follistim for? its weird how they give everyone different drugs isn't it? whens your next scan? mines on wed

ya fun right? lol

The follistim is the FSH to make the follicles grow...i was just saying to hubby yesterday how its funny that you and I are taking different meds...lol

I go for my next scan tuesday :) Good luck to u if i dont talk to you before then :flower:

im not sure but maybe its just different brand names for some of them x

ya fun right? lol

The follistim is the FSH to make the follicles grow...i was just saying to hubby yesterday how its funny that you and I are taking different meds...lol

I go for my next scan tuesday :) Good luck to u if i dont talk to you before then :flower:

Buserelin and Lupron is used to stop the production of FSH and LH and then menopur (and the follistim in my case) are FSH and LH back into your body and probably increasing the amount u have to cause the stimulation

LH is what the ovulation kits pick up so I'm guessing they are used to stop you from ovulating that month?? maybe.....i guess so you have more follicles for the following cycle during ER

So we are taking the same things just with different names :thumbup:

https://www.familylobby.com/common/tt6569572fltt.gif

I know Merional, Repronex and Menopur are taken from actual menopausal women's urine, that is why they burn when injected and rumor has it that nun's in convents sell their urine to drug companies, this is natural FSH/LH in an even ratio. Whereas Follistim, Gonal-F and the others are synthetic and often don't have equal amounts FSH/LH, hence why if not taking the the former often you are taking more than one stim. That's what I have read up on, correct me if I am wrong. I know often you continue taking a DRing med while stimming to keep your body from producing LH in order to prevent early maturation of the eggs. They like to control all hormones. Anyway, enough from me on this.
Still no side effects from the Lupron. Day 4 is the day side effects may start occurring...scary!
Anyone have any yet?

Actual urine? Oh dear I don't like the sound of that!

Happy new year everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->