IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Yep, it's purified if that makes anyone feel better lol

Day 6 of Lupron and no real side effects. I guess I won't have any which is a good thing. Felt niggling in my ovaries first 3 days. Must have been the high FSH floating around. Tuesday is the suppression appointment! Hope everything is perfect! Anyone esle go for theirs yet who are also DRing? Or am I the only one? Wasn't someone post ET also?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I found you! didnt know the name had been changed... hope everyone had a good xmas and new year! Had my birthday on 31st wooohooo hopefully my last one before being a mammy :D

start DR on 17th eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek so nervous. Started having dreams about it now so it's official, I now think about IVF 24/7 HA
xx

sorry about that daisy i thought the title needed updating,
its so exciting i go get my scan and pick up meds on 17th,
i have started eating all the nuts seeds pulses etc hubby calls it bird food lol
i also read some people drink a pint of milk a day too so im doing that now as well
happy birthday for last fri :flower:

Yay Kristen, i was told the same too, i'm taking buserelin on a morning (like i have been for past couple of weeks) and then menopur on an evening, that hurt a bit tonight, think it must be cos i'm used to 0.5ml, and not 1ml - oh well will just have to get used to it

my scan was to check that my body wasn't doing anything it shouldn't be, they just said everything looked fine, so stimming now

xx

How are you doing with everything? Have u had any side effects? When I did my first 1ml shot I was laughing because at first it didnt hurt and then about 30 seconds later it started to hurt! The 2nd night wasnt so bad. Everything with me is ok, except for a little abdominal pain but that is listed as a common side effect...

Hope everything is going well for u :thumbup:

Hey, just wondered if any of you girls have been put on metformin before you start the injections? I've to take it for 3 weeks before my next af to prevent OHSS cause apparently Im quite at risk of that!

Yay Kristen, i was told the same too, i'm taking buserelin on a morning (like i have been for past couple of weeks) and then menopur on an evening, that hurt a bit tonight, think it must be cos i'm used to 0.5ml, and not 1ml - oh well will just have to get used to it

my scan was to check that my body wasn't doing anything it shouldn't be, they just said everything looked fine, so stimming now

xx

How are you doing with everything? Have u had any side effects? When I did my first 1ml shot I was laughing because at first it didnt hurt and then about 30 seconds later it started to hurt! The 2nd night wasnt so bad. Everything with me is ok, except for a little abdominal pain but that is listed as a common side effect...

Hope everything is going well for u :thumbup:

Hi

everything seems to be ok, still have my cold hanging around, am wondering if my immune system has been affected by these injections?? had a tiny bit of a feeling in my ovary area today, maybe its the FSH trying to get my ovaries in gear! my injections are going ok, the menopur hurts a little, but its not too bad. i feel like its all a little surreal if you know what i mean?

your ticker that says its only 8 days until week of EC scared me!! it seems to be going so fast!

good luck with the scan on tuesday, hope everything looks good :thumbup:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!!

i wasn't given metformin flake-y, do you have PCOS? think you're more at risk of ohss if you do

not long now ladies til some of you start :thumbup:

xx

i know, i noticed the ticker today too and it does seem like its going so fast! i can't believe it, getting ready at work to be out next week for it...its crazy

When is your next scan? Did they tell u how many follicles they saw last week?

Flake-y, I didnt take metformin either...

i wasn't given metformin flake-y, do you have PCOS? think you're more at risk of ohss if you do

xx

Yep, just mild pcos but my amh is very high & they said I was at risk of ohss.

Gld ur injections are going well!!!

xx

Sorry to drop in here. I want to wish all of you ladies goodluck on your current/upcoming cycles.

Flakey - to answer your question... My first cycle I didn't take metformin and I ended up with OHSS and in the hospital for a whole week.

My second cycle I took metformin and I had much lower doses of stims.

I have pco and a very high amh level too. xo

i know, i noticed the ticker today too and it does seem like its going so fast! i can't believe it, getting ready at work to be out next week for it...its crazy

They didn't tell me how many follies I had, they tend not to tell u anything unless u really probe! My scan is Wednesday, having bloods done then too, just hoping my body is behaving itself! Lol

They didn't tell me how many follies I had, they tend not to tell u anything unless u really probe! My scan is Wednesday, having bloods done then too, just hoping my body is behaving itself! Lol

I hope mine is too!

xx

ive not been given metformin, what level was your AMH flakey if you dont mind me asking, mine is high 50.7 so i am having a lower dose of meds, i have had metformin before and had no problems with it at all x

xx

Sorry to drop in here. I want to wish all of you ladies goodluck on your current/upcoming cycles.

Flakey - to answer your question... My first cycle I didn't take metformin and I ended up with OHSS and in the hospital for a whole week.

My second cycle I took metformin and I had much lower doses of stims.

I have pco and a very high amh level too. xo

please drop in whenever you like and thank you :hugs:

Daisy: glad you found us and glad you will be DR'ing soon! Happy belated Bday!

Rafwife: Not too long for you now either! Yippeee!

Krisitin: You are ahead of us and doing stims already! Wow, how exciting! Are your injections intramuscular? Is hubby doing them or you? I am so nervous to do my own Repronex shots as I don't think I can let hubby do them as they go in the bum/hip area! I give other people injections all the time at work and go figure, I am scared to do them to myself, even the teeny tiny insulin needles for the Lupron at first was scary...he he Sorry for all the questions lol Inquiring minds do want to know ;)

Flakey: I have never heard of anyone taking Metformin for IVF cycles...for PCOS yes-must be something fairly new in IVF? Interesting as I didn't know it helps prevent OHSS. I won't be taking it either.

Mrssunshine: Do you do your own injections or hubby? Not long now for you either. I am so excited for all of us!

Thanks for dropping by Blue and congrats on your pregnancy!

AFM: Still doing Lupron...getting boring now lol. I want to get started on stims already, although scared to get those darned IM injections...eeek! Hope the Lupron doesn't delay AF too long. Scan tomorrow. Hope I am going exactly to plan.

Hi Ladies,

I'm just gearing up for DR'ing, start on Thursday. I've to sniff 4 times a day. Now I was trying to work out when is the best time. I though 8am, 1pm, 6pm and 10pm. Anyone else done/doing this and what times are you taking the nasal spray?

good luck to everyone with upcoming appointments :hugs:

woo hoo wallie only 2 days to go :happydance: you must be so so excited i am and ive still got 2 weeks to wait goodness knows what il be like with a couple of days to go x

ive not been given metformin, what level was your AMH flakey if you dont mind me asking, mine is high 50.7 so i am having a lower dose of meds, i have had metformin before and had no problems with it at all x

Mine was 56.6, and when I had the ovarian reserve they said my ovaries were covered in follicles so I'm at risk of the OHSS thing apparently.

I've to take the metformin for at least 2-3 weeks, so since my cycles are a bit irregular I thought I'd start taking it tomorrow, so if I get a short cycle then I'm still covered!

They said the metformin might cause sickness; joy! Hope I don't get that.

Daisy: glad you found us and glad you will be DR'ing soon! Happy belated Bday!

Rafwife: Not too long for you now either! Yippeee!

Krisitin: You are ahead of us and doing stims already! Wow, how exciting! Are your injections intramuscular? Is hubby doing them or you? I am so nervous to do my own Repronex shots as I don't think I can let hubby do them as they go in the bum/hip area! I give other people injections all the time at work and go figure, I am scared to do them to myself, even the teeny tiny insulin needles for the Lupron at first was scary...he he Sorry for all the questions lol Inquiring minds do want to know ;)

Flakey: I have never heard of anyone taking Metformin for IVF cycles...for PCOS yes-must be something fairly new in IVF? Interesting as I didn't know it helps prevent OHSS. I won't be taking it either.

Mrssunshine: Do you do your own injections or hubby? Not long now for you either. I am so excited for all of us!

Thanks for dropping by Blue and congrats on your pregnancy!

AFM: Still doing Lupron...getting boring now lol. I want to get started on stims already, although scared to get those darned IM injections...eeek! Hope the Lupron doesn't delay AF too long. Scan tomorrow. Hope I am going exactly to plan.

Im excited but very nervous...i could be going in for ER a week from today...I go in tomorrow for another blood test and scan and hoping they can give me a better idea of dates next week..

All my injections are subcutaneous...which is so much better...all go in my stomach and I've been doing them all myself...hubby said he would do it if i needed him to but he was a bit nervous over the idea...lol

Now that i've been doing them for 3 weeks they dont even bother me...it takes me a few seconds now and doesnt hurt :happydance: I was very nervous the first day of the lupron but now i'm a pro...lol

we seem pretty similar then i had 26 follicles at my last scan, i didnt get any side affects at all with metformin, i hope the only sickness you get is morning sickness lol in the nicest possible way i hope we all get morning sickness :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->