IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Hello Ladies :flower:

Can I join Please? I just found out today that I will be starting ICSI Next Month, well FS told me today that I need to go and get blood tests on CD2 (should be the start of Feb) than on CD3 the FS will give me all my drugs and injections, I should be all ready to go by March :thumbup:

Im just a little confused with it all :blush: Will i still get a period in March? and are they are just waiting for around the time I ovulate to collect my eggs? when exactly in the cycle do they collect the eggs? Again I must sound very stupid i was sat with her for over 1 hour and the sheer shock and excitement of it all gave me a mental block :wacko:

Many of you seem to be already in the middle of your treatment, I really hope and pray that you kick start us all off with BFP

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Your all in my prayers xx

Hi Nayla :flower:

Welcome!

You do still get your period the month after you start your meds, mine was controlled by them giving me birth control to take and so they knew when it would start. You will have to take meds as injections for a number of weeks depending on which protocol they put you on but they take the eggs before you ovulate. It is a lot to process but just make sure to read anything the dr's give you. Its very informative and helped me a lot!

Good luck! :hugs:

woo hoo pupo, yay mrs sunshine and twin embies too fantastic :happydance:
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Hi ladies
Well had my first monitoring blood test and scan today (day 7 of stims – am on the short protocol) and am feeling a bit freaked out and scared now. Last week at my baseline scan, I had about 19 follicles in total – today I had about double that, roughly 18 or 19 (or possibly more) on each side. They were all different sizes, but quite a few were around the 10-12mm range.
I am waiting on the results of my blood test from this morning to see what they want to do next but I can’t help feeling that they have overstimulated me and that maybe I should have been on lower stimulation from the start, given the number of follicles I had at my baseline scan? (Have been on Menopur, 225 dosage). I’m also now wondering if I have PCOS given the large number of follicles.
Am now scared that they are going to cancel this cycle or that I develop bad OHSS (which seems almost inevitable to me, although I don’t know an awful lot about it) or that they get loads of eggs which are all rubbish quality. Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Px

hi pollydoodle
what did you FS say about the double.
I think someone else had this converstation but i think if it was a problem they would start trying to rectify it now. I don't think they would have sent you home if you were close to having OHSS as its quite serious.
Have a bit of faith in then, they want a BFP as well as it's boosts their success as a clinic. They wouldn't do anything half heartedy I don't think.
Hope your ok?! xx

Hey girls, I've been a bit awol on this thread cause nothing has been really happening yet! But I ovulated today, so injections start in 2 weeks!!!

I am very excited.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!!

try not to worry too much polly i know its easy for me to say but this is why were on the short protocol i think they expect this, i have about 30 follicles on a normal cycle so guessing my number will be really high during ivf and yes some will probably be immature but i have faith there will also be plenty of good ones sending you tons of hugs x

great to hear from you flake-y you will soon be starting x

AFM im feeling really fed up we did nothing at my appointment today other than sign another piece of paper because af didnt show up on time, no scan, no injection training nothing, the only thing they did do was write out my prescription but i dont collect it until af starts, so i went and got a mcdonalds for dinner and bought cream cakes lol
i did find out what meds im having though
gonal f
cetrotide
ovitrelle
crinone gel
so now as soon as af decides to show i need to go in for my scan and start on day 3
if it doesnt show by friday i need to take provera for a week i really hope i dont need to x

I'm officially pupo!!

Here's a picture of my beautiful embryo's :)

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/EMBRYOS001_crop.jpg
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:happydance: twin embies for you too fantastic hunny there beautiful x

Hey Kristin and Mrs Sunshine - fantastic news for you both, how exciting!! Time to put your feet up now and think pregnant thoughts..

Rafwife, you must be getting so frustrated with this delay, fingers crossed that AF appears soon - once it does though you will be up and running before you know it.

Thanks rafwife and daisy for your posts. I got my Estradiol result this afternoon - 4500 - which I think is quite high for day 6/7 of stims. Anyway they have cut my meds down from 225 to 150 and i am back on Wednesday morning for another scan and blood test. Am quite worried still about getting bad OHSS and there being no decent eggs to put back but trying to calm myself and trying to trust that the clinic will sort something out for me (I hope)..

Px

Fab news kristin, lots of luck for your testing date!

Raf-wife, sucks about late af, hope it shows very soon & you can get started!

Mrssunshine, you realize our 2WW is already half over? lol It will make it so much easier because we won't have to wait as long!

How r u feeling?

Ouch! My second injection really hurt :'(
Didnt hurt goin in but when i started putting the fluid in it was really painful. I could feel it goin in through my skin aswell whi h made me feel sick. Im so squeemish. Does it hurt less in more fatty areas?!

Feeling very sorry for myself and a bit lonely now. :'(
Sorry to be so miserable. Tried talkin to MIL last night about it a d i felt she was too concerned about how she felt about it. - talkin about how upset she was.

Didnt hurt goin in but when i started putting the fluid in it was really painful. I could feel it goin in through my skin aswell whi h made me feel sick. Im so squeemish. Does it hurt less in more fatty areas?!

Sorry to be so miserable. Tried talkin to MIL last night about it a d i felt she was too concerned about how she felt about it. - talkin about how upset she was.

we can be miserable together daisy im on a right downer at the minute its not like me at all :hugs:

im sure the others will be on soon and can help you with the injections but yes you do need to find your most fleshy bit hun and have something to eat or drink half an hour beforehand that might help with the sicky feeling x

Sorry you're feeling so down, I felt like that too and I had my Hubby with me, it's these stupid hormones, they have a lot to answer for :hugs:

As for the injections, it hurts much less in the fatty areas, maybe once u get more used to them it'll be a bit easier

Good luck x

Mrssunshine, you realize our 2WW is already half over? lol It will make it so much easier because we won't have to wait as long!

How r u feeling?

Hi kristen
How r u today? I'm not too bad, have got a few little cramps, and am still feeling a bit sick, which is either off the possible ohss or it might be off the drugs that they've given me to prevent it! Feels really weird though to have little embryos in me, just hope they stay there! Clinic told me not to test til 31st jan! But embryologist said the Friday, am gonna try and leave it as long as possible!

Any sign of af yet RAF wife?

Hope everyone is ok

Xx

just got back from accupuncture and its made me feel a bit better emotionally all i can do is wait x

i think its a good idea to wait for otd even if its difficult too, ive learnt that from the other ladies on here, 31st isnt too far away, come on mrssunshines and kristins BFP X

How r u feeling?

Hi kristen
How r u today? I'm not too bad, have got a few little cramps, and am still feeling a bit sick, which is either off the possible ohss or it might be off the drugs that they've given me to prevent it! Feels really weird though to have little embryos in me, just hope they stay there! Clinic told me not to test til 31st jan! But embryologist said the Friday, am gonna try and leave it as long as possible!
Hope everyone is ok
Xx

I feel fine here too...I get the occasional cramp and really bad hot flashes from the progesterone I'm taking...lol I figured we would have to wait till the 31st which is why I was surprised when they told me the 26th...I'm going to try hard not to test early, progesterone can give u a false positive and would be very upsetting!

I am trying hard not to get excited so of it doesn't take it doesn't hurt as bad, but its sooo hard! I keep rubbing my tummy and talking to them, telling them to stick for me! At least hubby doesn't think I'm going crazy, I think he thought it was cute....

RAF-wife: I'm sorry about AF, hopefully she comes soon so u can start :)

Daisy: it does hurt less if u do it in a fattier area....and make sure u r pinching!

I hope everyone else is doing well :-D

I'm trying not to get too excited either, but it's so hard, I know they're in there so I'm just hoping so much that 1 of them will stick! Im going to be devastated if it doesn't work anyway so might as well have a chat to them lol

Xx

Raf- wife lets be miserable together hmPft!!
Come our first bfp!! Got ecerything crossed for everyone! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->