IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Oh hopefully hopefully you've both implanted. Are u both testin on the same day asweel?!

RAF wife, glad you're getting started. One way or another. Good way of thinkin though. Obviously you've got a very clear head.
AFM I am honestly sick&tired of the whole thing now. I'm only 4 days into injection and I hate it. Everyday I wake up and dread havin to do it.
Really want to just give up. I really don't want to do it anymore.
Wish my husband was home so I could speak to him. Don't want to just abandon the cycle cos he's got all his hopes on it.
I hate it so much.
X

Sorry you're having such a tough time, keep at it, it's hard but will hopefully be worth it in the end!!!

flake-y how are you we may be cycling together now ive been delayed x

I'm doing great, af will be here a week on Monday so I start injections then, How about you, do you know what date you will be starting yet?

it should be here by 31st jan hun x

Same day as mine! We will be cycle buddies it seems :thumbup:

What meds will you be on? I will be taking menopur, then I think cetrotide. And I think it's crinone gel after ET, not sure I know what that is though!

I've just googled crinone gel & apparently it's progesterone gel. So now I know!

Hi
So, had my egg retrieval today - was very nervous this morning but happily I didn't feel anything at all. Didn't remember anything after about 2 mins from when they put the drip thing in my hand - next thing I knew I was back in the recovery room - wish all the procedures we go through could be like that!

Anyway they got 18 eggs (!!) which was a bit of a shock (I was expecting about 9) although I did have loads of follicles so I am expecting that quite a few of those retrieved will be immature. Just hope there are some decent ones and that they fertilise ok -will find out tomorrow, so fingers crossed..

Anyway the downside of that number of eggs is that I am at risk of OHSS so am a bit worried about that. They gave me some tablets to try and reduce the effects so will just have to see how I get on.

Flake-y - exciting that you will be starting soon.. Are you on the short protocol? Just wondered, as your meds are the exact same as what I have been taking. Are you using GCRM by any chance? That's where I am, they have been really good so far.

Not long to go for you now either raf-wife!

Px

flake-y how are you we may be cycling together now ive been delayed x

I'm doing great, af will be here a week on Monday so I start injections then, How about you, do you know what date you will be starting yet?

it should be here by 31st jan hun x

Same day as mine! We will be cycle buddies it seems :thumbup:

What meds will you be on? I will be taking menopur, then I think cetrotide. And I think it's crinone gel after ET, not sure I know what that is though!

hi hun same day thats great, im going to be taking gonal f, then adding cetrotide on day 7 trigger is ovitrelle and im having crinone gel too its in a tube instead of pessaries x

Hi
So, had my egg retrieval today - was very nervous this morning but happily I didn't feel anything at all. Didn't remember anything after about 2 mins from when they put the drip thing in my hand - next thing I knew I was back in the recovery room - wish all the procedures we go through could be like that!

Anyway they got 18 eggs (!!) which was a bit of a shock (I was expecting about 9) although I did have loads of follicles so I am expecting that quite a few of those retrieved will be immature. Just hope there are some decent ones and that they fertilise ok -will find out tomorrow, so fingers crossed..

Anyway the downside of that number of eggs is that I am at risk of OHSS so am a bit worried about that. They gave me some tablets to try and reduce the effects so will just have to see how I get on.

Flake-y - exciting that you will be starting soon.. Are you on the short protocol? Just wondered, as your meds are the exact same as what I have been taking. Are you using GCRM by any chance? That's where I am, they have been really good so far.

Not long to go for you now either raf-wife!

Px

excellent news polly im glad it all went smoothly for you chick and hope you have some nice big eggs there, out of 18 im sure you will, i have heard you should up your water intake to 3 ltrs a day for ohss, i know im high risk of getting it and im not very good with my fluid intake so ive been buying the 2 ltr bottles from the supermarket and making sure ive drank it all, when i start stimms i will have 1 and half a day im sure you know this though and the tablets will sort you out, cant wait for your fert report :hugs::hugs:

i have just been catching up with the updates if anything is wrong or you want anything adding let me know :hugs:

Thanks everyone - so, the clinic just called - 15 eggs have fertilised!! We are obviously delighted with that, I was hoping for about 9 or 10 at best. Was also terrified that none would fertilise and that would be our problem (we are 'unexplained' so I keep thinking that this process will show up what our problem actually is). Still quite sore from yesterday so trying to just take it easy and drink lots of water (thanks rafwife).

So still don't know about the quality and obviously quite a number of them may fall away but it's a good number to be starting from and hopefully we will get one or two decent embies, fingers crossed!

Kirstin and Mrs Sunshine, hope you are both well and that the wait isn't driving you round the bend too much.

Good luck with your transfer today Alexa, thinking of you

Px

Hi

Px

Hi Polly, fantastic news on your fertilised eggs! That's a really good amount!

Yes, I am at the GCRM, and on the short protocol, antagonist (or something) I think it's called! Did you take metformin? That's what I'm taking just now, cause I have mild PCOS & have high AMH, they say I'm at risk of OHSS.

It's good to meet others at the GCRM! So will they go to blasto for you? Sounds like you'll prob get a lot of frosties!

Fantastic news polly! That's a lot of eggs, hopefully you'll be able to have some frozen too xx

I'm going crazy waiting swaying from being a little positive to being completely negative, have been having few af pains today, and a full feeling where my uterus is, this is a bad sign as I always get this before af arrives

Thanks Jo. No I didn't take metformin as my AMH was apparently normal (17.9) although I did have loads of follicles (about 23 on a natural cycle when I got my ovarian assessment) so I am now wondering if I might have mild PCOS and whether it might have been better for me to have taken the metformin after all. Given the number of eggs I had collected, I am now at risk of OHSS so am just hoping that nothing appears.

Was feeling really positive this morning given the number of fertilised eggs, now starting to worry that none of them will develop and they will all be rubbish quality etc! Seems that as soon as you get over one hurdle, there is then another one to worry about! Anyway will hear from the clinic on Monday.

Would be great if we could get one or more to freeze but will have to wait and see how they develop. At the moment they are aiming to take some to day 5, all being well.

Have found everyone at GCRM to be really helpful and very nice to deal with, so you will be in good hands. I didn't really have any side effects from those meds either (apart from bloating and discomfort but that was due to the number of follicles) so I'm sure you will be fine too.

Mrs Sunshine, try not to worry - easier said than done I know. Have read a few surveys about early pg symptoms etc and one of the most common symptoms was feeling like AF was coming so just try and think positive if you can!

Px

That's great news Polly!! Im so happy that so many fertilized!:dance:

I'm feeling exactly the same way mrssunshine!! Full feeling around uterus (I've had that feeling for a few days) light cramps, but I have been sooo sick to my stomach for the last 3 days...to the point it makes me not want to eat anything that has a strong smell...I'm having a hard time staying positive too but it's not over till they tell u! Only a few more days till testing!

Feeling sick is a good symptom, r u waiting til we'd to test? I seriously do feel like I'm going mad, this is the worst 2wk wait ever!

Really hope we get our bfp's, don't wanna go through this again :cry:
Xx

Been away for awhile quietly stressing. Transfer today went "perfect" and I had 4 "great quality" embryos and those 4 were put back in. The other 3 are going to see if they go to blast to freeze, but they are growing "on the slow side," I don't think they will, but one never knows. I didn't ask about grading, just quoting my doctor. I have a picture of my quads lol, hoping only for twins though. I always thought I'd have twins with this IVF! I hope.

Krisitn, I think your pregnant. Don't stress too much! Easier said than done, I know.

Rafwife, how are you?

Polly, your embies are very promising, even frozen ones for later I am thinking!

mrssunshine: when's your beta?

Feeling sick is a good symptom, r u waiting til we'd to test? I seriously do feel like I'm going mad, this is the worst 2wk wait ever!

Really hope we get our bfp's, don't wanna go through this again :cry:
Xx

I am trying really hard to wait till wednesday....i am petrified of getting a negative result....are you going to work the day you go in for your bloodwork? are you going to test early? I decided to take off so I'm not at work if I get a :bfn:

I feel the same way about having to go through it again....my hubby told me the other day about how proud he is of me for going through this for us and if it was him he didnt know if he would have been able to....but i dont know if i could do it again...I would in the end because I want kids soooo bad it would be really hard...Stay positive :flower:

Been away for awhile quietly stressing. Transfer today went "perfect" and I had 4 "great quality" embryos and those 4 were put back in. The other 3 are going to see if they go to blast to freeze, but they are growing "on the slow side," I don't think they will, but one never knows. I didn't ask about grading, just quoting my doctor. I have a picture of my quads lol, hoping only for twins though. I always thought I'd have twins with this IVF! I hope.

Krisitn, I think your pregnant. Don't stress too much! Easier said than done, I know.

Rafwife, how are you?

Polly, your embies are very promising, even frozen ones for later I am thinking!

mrssunshine: when's your beta?

Alexa, I'm so happy your transfer went well :happydance: and hopefully you have a few to freeze :)

Thanks for saying it so straightforward! lol it made me laugh to hear you say it that way...a woman at work is convinced that I am too

:happydance:wow alexa pupo with four embies thats amazing chick :hugs:

AFM im feeling much happier in myself now ive started the tablets at least im doing something now instead of just waiting, i dont know if its the tablets but i have had hot flushes on and off all day and lower backache a few strong cramps too something must be happening x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->