IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Hi everyone
Just catching up again.
Congrats Daisy!!!:hugs:
Sorry littlepee. I hope you are doing ok.
Megg- good luck to you!
Amorbebe - you are in the right place here. We also have MF and and into our first ICSI cycle.
AFM
I am on day 5 of my gonal F and menopur combo. First scan showed 19 follicles, only 3 measurable- which they said is normal for only have 3 days of meds. I go in again tomorrow morning for another scan so see how things are going. I was in a really good place when this all started but it all came crashing down yesterday. I think it is a combo things really. I have a very ill family member who got worse yesterday AND things at work have just gotten about 5x more stressful as one of my coworkers just resigned. So now I will have to pick up her load, and I am already on overload! Then I walked in to have acupuncture (I have been going regularly) and realized my acupuncturist is now pregnant! I swear, sometimes it is just so cruel! So, I was up crying most of the night and had a hard time holding it together today. I just got this overwhelming feeling that it is never going to work for me, that DH and I are not meant to be parents. DH thinks I am just trying to protect myself by not getting my hopes up. Possibly. I feel just so lonely. I don't want to be around anyone who is preg or just had a baby. Which rules out my 2 best friends (who I fear I will never be able to relate to again), my brother, my SIL, and pretty much my entire support system. I haven't told anyone we are going through this because I really don't think they would understand. And if it fails, I don't want to have to tell everyone, it will be hard enough. I don't know. Sorry for the long rant. I just need to get back to my good place. I'm hoping for some good news tomorrow, maybe that will help.

Nayla-
didn't want to leave you out! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hello Ladies,

Firstly let me thank everyone for your kind words :hugs:

Im PUPO! brings tears to my eyes as i never thought i would get this far :cry: they place two 8 Cells Embryos in me :thumbup: and i also had another 8 cell and two 6 cells. The Embryologist told me she will try and take the other 3 to blastocyst and will call me in a few days :thumbup:

I have been told strict bed rest for 4 days.. I was in bed all yesterday lying flat on my back, today is day 2 and im just thinking is it ok to sit up? or even lie sleeping on my side :shrug: is that what you did Kristen? i just feel my back will snap staring at the celing all day and night :thumbup: i so so hope and pray they stick [-o<

my testing date is 27th March (thats my husbands 30th birthday :dohh:) it could be the best gift ever or the worse party ever....

I hope everyone else is taking great care of themselves and any advice on what i should be doing and eating will be appreciated love and hugs to all xx

I wasn't on strict bed rest. I put myself on modified bed rest for 3 days. I sat... walked to the bathroom and getting water and stuff... I just did as little as I had to. It worked fine for me. Laying on your side or sitting up isn't going to change anything... It can't!

hi nayla congratulations on being pupo chick:happydance: try not to get too obsessed over what you should/shouldnt do i scoured the net and followed every little thing and it didnt help one little bit definatly not mentally:wacko: i think it just made the whole process harder for me, if i had been doing another cycle i would definatly take a more relaxed approach, i wouldnt do anything silly but i wouldnt put myself under house arrest for 2 weeks or completely change my diet, you have some great embryos there so try to enjoy this time:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you so much megg and raff wife xx
I just have an image of every movement i make they are tossing around in me :dohh: i know i should chill and see what happens, and i have just noticed that im walking like im 9 Months pregnant ! :wacko: i need to carry on as usual!

im in desperate need for a shower :blush: it will be 24hrs in 15min since the transfer :shrug: should i just get a wet sponge and wash myself that way? or a shower will be fine? and the cylogest really is coming out of me no matter how much lying down im doing :shrug:

Lord help me in these next days xx

my fs said showering is fine but no baths, its just the residue of the cyclogest coming out the progesterone will have been absorbed x

Congrats Nayla, do not stress, enjoy this time!

Blondemop - don't be down. The drugs really do not help with your mood do they? I can remember going to the dentist soon after my ectopic and coming and home and saying to my husband 'even the fxxing' dentist is pregnant'

Unfortunatly BFN for me this morning. Still no period, just horrible pains. How nice that following a failed cycle you get such a pleasant period!!

Feeling a bit sorry for myself and waiting for the clinic to call me about my next cycle. How the hell do I do this to myself again. My consultant says that next time I will be triggered at 34 hours and my menepur will be increased to 300 a day.

It is hard being this strong isn't it.

Love to all

x x x

Thank you so much megg and raff wife xx
I just have an image of every movement i make they are tossing around in me :dohh: i know i should chill and see what happens, and i have just noticed that im walking like im 9 Months pregnant ! :wacko: i need to carry on as usual!

im in desperate need for a shower :blush: it will be 24hrs in 15min since the transfer :shrug: should i just get a wet sponge and wash myself that way? or a shower will be fine? and the cylogest really is coming out of me no matter how much lying down im doing :shrug:

Lord help me in these next days xx

Showers are perfectly safe... No waiting period! LOL

The cyclogest isn't coming out. The stuff that makes it a solid for the purposes of insertion is coming out, but the hormone is being absorbed! There isn't a suppository on the market that doesn't leak, honey! Your body melts it so it can absorb the hormones and the rest has to exit somehow! :hugs:

I wonder if anyone knows if it is safe to do a long haul flight 5 days after transfer? My best friend has just told me she's getting married on Monday it was a very quick decision and doesn't want to take no as an answer :shrug: I think it's an 8hr flight to Doha, I'm so so scared it will damage my chances..

Yet she was like a best friend at the wedding, I spoke to my fs she said as long as I have rested for 4days its fine to travel :shrug: husband thinks its a great idea as he has also took time of work and found some very cheap tickets online.

Would love to hear women that have travelled in the 2ww thank u xx

Nayla - we went away for the weekend just gone and I did a 4 hour flight on the Friday (4dp2dt) and then another 4 hour flight back on Sunday (6dp2dt). Fs wasn't at all worried - and it definitely helped distract me from the waiting - it was so nice to get away! Am testing this Friday.

Hugs to everyone - am on phone and it's a real pain to type!

Blondemop - don't be down. The drugs really do not help with your mood do they? I can remember going to the dentist soon after my ectopic and coming and home and saying to my husband 'even the fxxing' dentist is pregnant'

Unfortunatly BFN for me this morning. Still no period, just horrible pains. How nice that following a failed cycle you get such a pleasant period!!

Feeling a bit sorry for myself and waiting for the clinic to call me about my next cycle. How the hell do I do this to myself again. My consultant says that next time I will be triggered at 34 hours and my menepur will be increased to 300 a day.

x x x

Hi MrsJPC, I just got my dates today for the next cycle-its 23rd May for ER. If I get my AF soon then they might be able to ask for earlier dates so we will see,i kinda feel that its not far away. I have an apointment next week with the FS so i am going to ask her loads of questions. I actually had to ask for the apointment though as she had just gone ahead and written all the new scripts and wasn't even going to talk to me to review things-needless to say I'm not very happy with the lack of communication but am thinking of changing clinics after this cycle if it doesn't work.

I know what you mean about feeling down-I had the worst weekend just gone-It just hit me that i might never have children and that this wasn't going to work and I wasn't even going to get to ER stage. But I'm more positive now and am not going to let this defeat me. We will get there in the end!

blondmop-we all know exactly how you feel-This journey is awfully hard so it is good to have other people who been thru it aswell.

Hi Nayla... a quote from another website:
"However, as a general guide, it is usually thought that the second trimester, from 12 to 24 weeks, is the safest time for pregnant women to fly. This is because, during the first trimester there’s a higher risk of miscarriage" Ask you doc. see what they say
I have had this problem too and have told a friend i cannot go on her hen weekend. She totally understood, does your friend know? surely you wld understand after everything you've been through. Personally I wouldnt risk it but the body has an amazing way of protecting the baby.
timing!!! typical!! your poor love what a predicament!

I'm sure its probably fairly safe to fly... but you couldn't pay me to do it if there's ANY chance it could have negative side effects. I would like to think your friend would understand that IVF isn't easy and you wouldn't want to chance flying "just in case"?

Love to all

x x x

I'm sorry to hear you got a bfn. :hugs: Yeh and after all you go through, you get AF visiting. Crap isn't it?!!!

I'm glad they know they mucked up with things and they know what they're doing for you next time. How long do you think before you can start next cycle and was it long protocol?

Don't think those thoughts Pluto, I have before. A good friend of mine who took three years to have her baby and who suffered 3 mcs said to me the other day. That she could remember sitting on my side of this thinking it would never happen. It did happen and she has a beautiful 7 month year old! Stay positive honey.

Well some good news, spoke to the clinic, I have an appointment next Thursday. In the mean time I am to go on the pill as soon as my period arrives so that I can be slotted in for the next round. So although I thought it would not be until the end of May, it looks like it could be as soon as the end of April! This has really cheered me up. So yes long protocol. I will also be on more drugs and will be triggered at 34 hours!

Am now just waiting for the witch to arrive. When you don't want her she shows up and when you do she is no where to be seen! I blame the cyclogest.

love to all x x x

Im sorry MrsJPC that it didn't work out on this cycle but its great that you can get started again straightaway and they will make sure that the same thing won't happen again. You sound like mentally you're in a good place :thumbup:

:hugs:

I'm glad it's happening for you soon too Mrs JPC, you're moving forward in the right direction. Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->