IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

Hiya Nat!! (we were both on the August thread)

Fingers crossed we both get a better outcome this time.

Good luck Sammy, EC next week is really exciting!!

H xx

Hello.... i'm just popping my head around the door :flower:

I have come over from the October thread but would like to join in here too if thats ok?

I am on day 6 of stimming on a short protocol of 10 days. My follie scan is on Saturday morning and if all is ok then I will have EC around Tuesday of next week and transfer (if all goes ok) on Friday of next week.

Good luck to everyone!!! :hugs:

Sammy! :hugs: Hey, honey! Of course you can join! I'll get you added to the front page! Lovely to see you here! Everything crossed for you!

H xx

Hello Helen

I hope it's more successful for us too this time round. What stage you up to at the moment sweet?
I am starting my down regging tomorrow!!!

Chucking lots of baby dust your way Hun x

Hello.... i'm just popping my head around the door :flower:

I have come over from the October thread but would like to join in here too if thats ok?

I am on day 6 of stimming on a short protocol of 10 days. My follie scan is on Saturday morning and if all is ok then I will have EC around Tuesday of next week and transfer (if all goes ok) on Friday of next week.

Good luck to everyone!!! :hugs:

Good luck Hun x

Hugs
Nat x

Just wondered if anyone starts down regging tomorrow?
They have cauculated that it will be around 10th Dec or there abouts for embie transfer....which would mean test date would be around xmas!!
Omg it could be a good Xmas or a disaster arghh
I am thinking the sensible thing to do is to test after New Year incase of disapointment ....what would you all do?

Hope your all well
Hugs
Nat x

I would wait until after christmas but then in reality I would test before. . if that makes sense? lol

They have cauculated that it will be around 10th Dec or there abouts for embie transfer....which would mean test date would be around xmas!!
I am thinking the sensible thing to do is to test after New Year incase of disapointment ....what would you all do?

Hope your all well
Hugs
Nat x

Hi Nat,

I started DR on Monday & have Scan on 24th. If I'm DR'd enough, clinic said Stimms for 10/11 days from 24th & another scan 9 days later on the Friday. If all goes to plan (which I'm sure often doesn't) my EC will be w/c 6th Dec & our clinic likes to go to blast stage if there's more than 6 embies.

I'm guessing whether it's a 3 day or a 5 day, my OTD will be Christmas eve or even Christmas Day!

If all goes well, I fully intend to test 14 days after EC, which should be 1-3 days before OTD . If I'm PG, it will be a nice Christmas suprise, if not, I will get drunk as a lord!

I wouldn't have the will power to wait until after New Year, & besides that, if it's a BFN, our bodies will tell us in no uncertain terms with a visit from AF! ...I also have a wedding on the 29th & go to Ireland for New Year, so if I'm missing out on the Champagne, it needs to be for the best reason!

.....Do you know when your 1st scan is before stims?

x

Maaybe ....Did you get a start date?

Hope your all well
Hugs
Nat x

Hi Nat,

I started DR on Monday & have Scan on 24th. If I'm DR'd enough, clinic said Stimms for 10/11 days from 24th & another scan 9 days later on the Friday. If all goes to plan (which I'm sure often doesn't) my EC will be w/c 6th Dec & our clinic likes to go to blast stage if there's more than 6 embies.

I'm guessing whether it's a 3 day or a 5 day, my OTD will be Christmas eve or even Christmas Day!

If all goes well, I fully intend to test 14 days after EC, which should be 1-3 days before OTD . If I'm PG, it will be a nice Christmas suprise, if not, I will get drunk as a lord!

I wouldn't have the will power to wait until after New Year, & besides that, if it's a BFN, our bodies will tell us in no uncertain terms with a visit from AF! ...I also have a wedding on the 29th & go to Ireland for New Year, so if I'm missing out on the Champagne, it needs to be for the best reason!

.....Do you know when your 1st scan is before stims?

x

Maaybe ....Did you get a start date?

:haha::haha::haha:

I really like your outlook... if its BFN then get as drunk as a lord and if your missing out on the champagne then it better be for a good reason!

If I am BFN im going to buy a bottle of champagne just for the sheer hell of it... and drink it all to myself! :haha: PINK champagne... VINTAGE! :flower:

Hope your all well
Hugs
Nat x

I'm DR'ing in 4 days... and my ET should be around Dec 10-12. I won't be doing an HPT to find out, as some way that they do things with 2 HCG injections or something would make it come out BFP regardless of the result. So, I'll get my beta result between Dec 21-23! I'm freaking out about the premise of a monumentally disappointing Christmas if it goes wrong. Last year, I had just lost my first pregnancy on Dec 15... and this year I could face a failed IVF at Christmas. I'm terrified of how I would handle it so close to the holidays. :(

H xx

Hello Helen

I hope it's more successful for us too this time round. What stage you up to at the moment sweet?
I am starting my down regging tomorrow!!!

Chucking lots of baby dust your way Hun x

Hi,

I'm currently DR but have a scan tomorrow to hopefully give me the green light to start stimming. I'm a bit nervous for some reason, I know it worked okay last time (the DR) but I'm worried it won't have this time. I hope I'm just being neurotic!!

If all goes to plan OTD is 9/12 and I have nights out planned for 9/10th and 11th so I am either going to have to think of some good excuses for not drinking or I'm going to have a very boozy time. Sammy I'm liking the champagne idea!! (but desperately hoping I won't be able to drink it :))

Will let you all know how tomorrow goes.

H xx

I know how you feel... I gave birth to Shaylee on 10th Jan this year but we were going through all these MRI scans and tests just before Xmas and during Xmas so Xmas last year was ruined and now this year I will test around 9th Dec.... Maybe I would have got over any disappointment by then if there is any but its not what i need around this time of year and with Shaylee's one year anniversary looming over us.... :dohh:

Hey ladies !! found this link, can i join ?
what is stimming vs down regging ???

i started my IVF drugs today but dont know what the difference it ?!!? all i know is that egg retreival is likely to be Mon 13th Dec >?
:)

Hey ladies !! found this link, can i join ?
what is stimming vs down regging ???

i started my IVF drugs today but dont know what the difference it ?!!? all i know is that egg retreival is likely to be Mon 13th Dec >?
:)

Hi Scomar :flower:

If egg retrieval is mid dec then you are probably on down regualting drugs. Did you start around day 21 of your cycle or a bout a week before AF is due? If so then you would start stimming or stimulating drugs after you get AF for a couple of weeks before egg collection.

Glad you to have you board!!!

fluffy xx

Hey !! wow there are so many Nov girls here its fab !
I started today and its day 22 of my usual 30 day cycle xx

TODAY - 10/11/10 Start Synarel 2 sniffs am and 2 sniffs pm daily until 24th Nov

25/11/10 Start Buserelin injection 0.5ml daily

29/11/10 Start 300IU Gonal F daily and decrease Buserelin to 0.25ml daily . scan and injection teach (Gonal F injection given at appointment)

06/12/10 Continue as above unless instructed Scan

08/12/10 Continue as above unless instructed Scan

10/12/10 Continue as above unless instructed Scan

11/12/10 Likely day for Ovitrelle injections at time instructed.

13/12/10 Likely day for Egg Collection Start Cyclogest pm then am and pm daily. Embryo transfer will be 2-5 days after egg collection Start 75mg Aspirin daily after embryo transfer

A pregnancy test will be due 14 days after the egg collection. Two blood tests will be arranged if the test is positive 48hrs apart to assess the early pregnancy

If you are pregnant Cyclogest suppositories are continued to 12 weeks of pregnancy.

Wow thats great that its all mapped out for you. I find it interesting how different clinics have different protocols. I am starting with (suprecur)burselin injection 0.5ml and continue that all the way through to egg collection. Im not sure which stimulating drug I will get, though think Gonal F was mentioned.

How do you feel about it all? I was so nervous about the injections but have done 6 now and getting used to it. Are you being treated in london? We had a choice of some londons clinics, IVF hammersmith and Barts I think, but went to Herts and Essex in the end as it was nearer for me.

i feel kind of wierd about it all - on the one hand am uber excited - on the other hand i think that if this cycle is a bust i'll be super upset (and very poor !!)
the one thing that i'm umming and ahhing about is ICSI versus IVF
now initially my doc said to go for ICSI due to DH's sperm antibodies - but i am not so keen on it..... so what we are planning is that if i have a decent amount of eggs - say 10+ then she will to 50/50 ICSI/IVF - then if the IVF ones are successful i can have those embreyos transferred.
I'm freaked out about injections too..... had to do 1 for IUI and it was fine !! but am scared these will be bigger ! i also hate smears etc. so not mad keen about embryo transfer but i think that will be the easy bit !
was glad to hear i'll be knocked out for egg collection !

We have anti-bodies too, they will be attached to the head or tail of the sperm which normally means they can't swim effectively OR penetrate the egg effectively :flower:

I'm using Lupron from down regging instead of the Suprecur/Buserelin. I'm on 10U for 5 days and then drop down to 5U until a few days before the trigger shot. My stim drugs are Follistim (same as Gonal F but with a different pen) and Menopur. I do 2 days of 225U of Follistim and then drop down to 150U and add 0.5 vial of Menopur. When I did the IUI, I was on 50U of Follistim and had 6 mature eggs! So, I'm a bit :shock: at my dose. I mean... That's a huge difference... and I was producing 6 on a low dose. I'm so scared of OHSS.

As far as being concerned about embryo transfer, I don't think it will feel much different than the IUI did... except you have to have a completely full bladder from what I've been told.

I have a question... Why is IVF "better" than ICSI? I thought ICSI would be the "better" choice for success. I don't get it, apparently! So, someone enlighten me?

EDIT: Neither is better than the other. The statement was based off of her opinion in regard to what she has been told by her FS. You can find her response below.

It was me!!! LOL!

So this is what my fs said to me for my last cycle - and I did some research on the net (I know not always the best source). SO I guess it was my opinion - based on medical relevance! (other fs's may have other opinions)

She said that icsi is obviously better success rates when infertility due to sperm issues or fertilization issues.

BUT, she said that with ivf the sperm and egg naturally meet - which leads to natural selection of the "best" sperm will meet with the egg. Obviously technology is greatly advanced and they are able to select a "good" sperm when doing icsi - but cannot match natural selection 100%.

So her recommendations for me was to do half ivf and half icsi and then they would use the ivf embryos if they had the choice.

That being said none of mine fertilized with ivf due to my OHSS and only 3 of my icsi fertilized again due to my OHSS - so I fully advise people to do at least half icsi just in case(fertilization). I am having all icsi this cycle because I seemed to have a severe fertilization issue (which may have only been due to OHSS).

She said that there was no statistical difference in all conditions etc except for 2 particular ones in which the chances are very slim (0.2 - or less). I can find out the names - it is in my notes somewhere if you want - but not to worry. The pregnancy is no different than natural conception in children developing issues.

:dust: best wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->