IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

am thinking 2 too !! but am a bit worried as am titchy ! DH keeps laughing saying am too weee to have a baby !! tee hee

am thinking 2 too !! but am a bit worried as am titchy ! DH keeps laughing saying am too weee to have a baby !! tee hee

me too lol im small frame and only 5ft 1 i managed to carry my dd to 35 weeks and she was 5lb 4 so i am concerned about the possibility of carrying 2

I dont have a choice, its one for me as im nhs funded and under 37 and first go. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey Megg! I think I'll join you on here too. The other thread seems to be petering out since everyone's almost done.

Hi to everyone else. I'm on day 6 of stimming with a tentative date of Nov 17 for egg retrieval. This is my first ivf. Thanks for letting me hop on!

I dont have a choice, its one for me as im nhs funded and under 37 and first go. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Same here, although the Fertility nurse said they will have the discussion with us at the time. If we end up with good blasties, it's definitely only one that gets put back.

If on day 3, they decide it's too risky to try for blast or if there aren't enough (needs to be more than 6 & top of the class),
then sometimes they'll put two back, but the decision is made on ET day.

maxxi... welcome :flower:

.... DR injection no.4 done today. Not sure I'm doing it right :shrug:

...I was told to draw the suprecur up with a fat needle to 0.7 on the syringe, push the air out til syringe is at 0.5 & then swap to the tiny needle. The bit that confuses me is what about any air that's inside the tiny needle? Do I need to worry about it?

I squeezed the syringe until liquid appeared out the top, but then the syringe was at only 0.45 :dohh:

What do you all do??

I was told for all of my injections... Draw in air equal to the dose of medication you're drawing you, insert the needle into the vial, push the air in, make sure the tip of the needle is below the fluid line, draw out the dose, flick any bubbles to the top while the needles is still in the vial, push any bubbles out (so that if you screw up and shoot meds out then they go right back into the vial and its no harm, no foul), remove needle from vial, inject. :shrug: Of course, if you switch needles, you'd add that step to the end bit.

Welcome, Maxxi! I'll add you!

Welcome maxxi!!

Teapot, I have suprcur too. I was only shown the one needle which I put into the vial, draw up 0.5, flick it a bitto get rid of air but find this tricky to hold everything when still in vial and not bend the needle, draw a bit more and if still have a little air in, take out of the vial and flick again (it flicks better) then squirt out until I am at 0.5. I have done 7 now but still getting the hang of it!

Wow there's been a lot of posts recently!

Welcome scomar and Maxxi :)

As for the embies debate, I thought long and hard last time and decided I would go for one but in the end they recommended I took 2 so I went with their advice. I'd always go for 2 now if I get the chance.

H xx

Having to post in two halves as on my phone and it won't let me type that much.

Got the go ahead to start stimming tomorrow, yay!!! Only thing was that they couldn't see my left ovary, I had problems last time and in the end they couldn't retrieve any eggs from it.ll looks like I might have the samet this time. Will have to wait and see but they got 8 eggs from my right one so if I get that again I'll be pleased.

H xx

hearing all this am pretty set on 2 embies now - eek how would i/we cope with twins !?!?

ps talking of injections i had another batch of drugs delivered today. Am bloody lucky we have a big fridge cos its nearly full !!!!!!!!!!!!

just been reading about IMSI (rather than ICSI) IVF.
google it - v interesting - they have started doing it at my clinic.......
might ask my doc about it !

Congrats on stimming, Helen!

Will look up IMSI, hun... Thanks! :)

Having to post in two halves as on my phone and it won't let me type that much.

Got the go ahead to start stimming tomorrow, yay!!! Only thing was that they couldn't see my left ovary, I had problems last time and in the end they couldn't retrieve any eggs from it.ll looks like I might have the samet this time. Will have to wait and see but they got 8 eggs from my right one so if I get that again I'll be pleased.

H xx

Hello Hun

Fab news about stimms. Not so good about that bloody left ovarie!!! :-(
I remember you having issues with it last time, do they know why?
I am really hoping ya right ovarie is a busy bee again, be fab if they could get to the left though. Is there anyone else who can attempt trying to get there ?

Chucking baby dust at u Hun xx

just been reading about IMSI (rather than ICSI) IVF.
google it - v interesting - they have started doing it at my clinic.......
might ask my doc about it !

Hi Hun

Looks fab that new technique , I think there is only one clinic in Oxford which do it. From what I remember it will definatly benefit women with pcos. Another thing that attracts me is cost, just a shame it's only available down south.
Be interesting to know if you get any more info Hun

Chucking baby dust your way
Hugs
Nat x

Just thinking I am getting confused it's not imsi I am thinking about. OMG I can't remember what it's called... The technique I am referring to is where they remove the tiny follicles and grow them in the lab rather than pumping us with meds to make the follicles grow in us.
I think imsi is same process as icsi apart them they use a bigger more powerful micro scope to inject the sperm into the egg.

Sorry for confusion lol x

Hello Hun

I am and was a nhs funded patient on my last cycle. There is no stipulation on only having 1 embie, as you are under 40 it's up to 2 embies..... And if they say other wise I would be more than happy to give you my details if you want to contest it with them. I am 27 Hun and had 2 put back Hun x

Hugs x

We have anti-bodies too, they will be attached to the head or tail of the sperm which normally means they can't swim effectively OR penetrate the egg effectively :flower:

Hello Hun,

I don't think my OH has had a antibodie test, do they only do it in certain cases Hun?
Hugs
Nat x

Hello lovely ladys
I started my down reg injections tonight, was very emotional for me... Not sure if it's because I relised it's gonna be another long cycle which could be unsuccessful or if it's I am mard and can't stand injections.... I am feeling so much pressure already :-(

Oh well I have been given a altered schedule by my clinic, of course it's subject to change

On 0.5 bruserline per a day

Base line scan is 25th nov

26th Nov I will start menupour for about 10 days(stimms)

6th Dec I will hav HCG shot

8th Dec hopefully egg collection

11th Dec, may be being transfer

Then to sit and wait till Xmas day to test

Arghhh what a schedule.... I am either going to be merry Xmas day and sober or crying into my turkey dinner lol

Omg I just hope that I make it through all stages....

Chucking baby dust to you all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->