IVF/ICSI/FET Round 2 (or 3, or 4, or 5, etc.) ladies trying again in 2011

Hello ladies

My scan went much better than expected today. I have 6 follies that look like they will be big enough and 3 smaller ones (11-12mm) that could possibly catch up. I am going to stim again for the last time tomorrow and than have egg collection on Mon! Phew!

Doodar-thats pants. I hate all the confusion!! Can't they scan to see where you are? I dont know how FET works yet (will do soon) but perhaps if you write it all down (sorry if thats obvious) they can then have more of an idea when you next go in and I guess they have to do the transfer a certain date after ovulation depending on how advanced the embies are?????? Dont the OPK's show a surge for more than one day anyway??? Sorry im probably confusing you more because i am confusing myself :blush:
Im sure they know what they're doing so try not to worry!!!

MSG - congratulations on being pupo :happydance:

Sila - great follies, mine had a great surge from trigger yayyyy!!!! :happydance: for EC

xxx

Hello ladies

My scan went much better than expected today. I have 6 follies that look like they will be big enough and 3 smaller ones (11-12mm) that could possibly catch up. I am going to stim again for the last time tomorrow and than have egg collection on Mon! Phew!
YAY!!!! That is AWESOME!!!

Doodar, that is so frustrating! I always found the CBE OPK came positive a day earlier than First Response.

Clinic have phoned me, after telling me blood results wouldnt be back until tomorrow am, they phoned this afternoon with them. Nurse said I have had a surge and sounded surprised!! about it, they even admitted that it is probably tailing off and by tomorrow it wouldnt have picked up anyway so it would have been missed. If I hadn't insisted that the test was positive then the bloods wouldn't have been done and the cycle probably cancelled. They have scanned me and follie is measuring 18mm but that doesnt guarantee ovulation until you have the lh surge. So transfer has been scheduled for next Wed. Embies are 6 days old so have to go back in 6 days after ovulation, but I havent ovulated yet, I've only had the surge, I'm guessing ovulation will take place tomorrow usually 24-36 hours after the surge, so if thats right then embies will be going back 5 days after ovulation. I did question it but the nurse got very shirty with me and told me that is what the consultant had recommended. The consultant that recommended it I have never met and he knows nothing about me. Why does it have to be so stressful.

Oh Doodah

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

It makes me so mad that we have to make sure that we are on the ball because so many of the medics are incompetent!!!! I have lost count of the times I have diagnosed what's going on more accurately than doctors/nurses! Don't be afraid to call back and check the dates again if you feel uncomfortable.

On a positive note it's great that you haven't missed the surge and can go ahead. YAY!!!!! Good luck honey x

Doodar I hate it when they don't realise how sensitive this time can be for us. The guy who did my scan the other day was a total jerk...

Today I had blood taken again, my E2 is at 4,500. I'm back for ultrasound and bloods again tomorrow. Still no trigger yet but yep Isi by this time next week I will hopefully be pupo.... I'm exhausted.

So happy for you, Silarose!!! Told you had nothing to worry about. YAY.....EC on Monday :yipee:

:hugs: Kat! I can imagine how frustrated you must feel. Fingers crossed you'll be able to trigger tonight or tomorrow!

Doodar, thank goodness your persistence paid off!!!! Gosh, hospital staff can be THE WORST! So, hopefully the transfer will happen next week!!! :happydance:

MSG.....how's the 2ww? :hugs:

Belated congrats Sila!!! :happydance: Fab news and really pleased things are looking up, got everything crossed for monday!!

Doodar how confusing. Glad you are up to speed with things. Doesn't bear thinking about otherwise! But good for you and you're nearly there!

Hi Kat. Sorry you are feeling so shattered but keep thinking it's all going to be worth it!

Hope you are well MSG and not analysing every like twinge etc (but how can you not... lets be honest!!)

Hi to Isi and Angiemon, how are you ladies? Isi are you getting excited??

AFM.... I'm feeling ok. Could be the fact i'm tucking into a rather large toblerone as we speak!! Back at the clinic a week monday for last injection for cyst, DPs bloods and a date to start cycle 2, yay!!!! :wohoo:

Love, :hugs: and loads of :dust:

Lolly xxxxxxxx

The 2ww is horrid. I hate it. I am not analyzing twinges yet, instead, I have googled every possible 3dt website out there...again...as I am sure I googled them in October too.

Hiya

Isi -not long now honey. Hope the wait is flying by!

Lolly - I lurrve toblerone! Trying to be healthy but chocolate just keeps falling into my mouth yummy! Good luck for your appointments - hope the injection isn't too bad.

MSG - hope the wait is going quickly for you. I drove myself absolutely mad on the internet last cycle and will probably do the same this time. Have actually bought myself some boxsets to watch next week as have the week off for ec and et. Oh I so hope all goes to plan and I become a PUPO (whatever those letters stand for?!). FX'd we both get our BFPs this time round!

Kat and Doodah - how did things go with your appointments?

Hi everyone else - any news?

xxxxxx

Hi everyone else

Hey just catching up on some psots. Fantastic news Sila :happydance::happydance:. Good luck for Monday!!

MSG - hope the two week wait is going okay. Thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else.

H xx

Hello everyone! :hi:

I am currently in my 2WW of my first IVF cycle. I am 6 days past a 5day transfer. The embryo's they transferred were only 1DD (not good) and none made it to freezing. Of course I have been testing :dohh: and getting negatives so I am expecting that this round will not be successful. I go to RE on Feb 1st for Beta. Does anyone know how long you have to wait between IVF cycles?

Thanks!

Hey, Lynette! Well, hopefully, you will still get your bfp!! If, however, you do need to think about a second cycle, the answer to your question really depends on the clinic you go to. My doc was willing to let me start a new cycle immediately to try to get it in before the holidays. But, I hear some of the other girls, especially those from the UK are being asked to wait 3 months between cycles.

When I was at your point in my cycle and getting bfns, I scheduled an appointment with my RE for asap. It ended up falling on cd2 of my next cycle and he was willing to let me start then as long as I didn't have any residual cysts. I ended up waiting anyway due to a work trip, but the option was definitely there.

Thanks, to everyone for your kind thoughts! It has been really helpful :)

Doodar, how are you doing??

Lolly, are you hanging in there? :) Soon you'll be suffering through the 2ww

Sila, woo-hoo!!! It is almost time!! Good thing you took a full week off work since it sounds like both your EC and ET will fall on weekdays. I work from a home office so it was pretty easy for me to not take off. Will your EC be tomorrow?? SO exciting! Do you think you will have a 3 day or a 5 day transfer?

Isi, it is almost time :)

Hello, to everyone else I missed. I hope you are well :)

So, tonight, we are having dinner with a good friend and her dh to meet their new baby. (she is 42 and this was natural, first child...lol...what are the chances)!

Anyway, she is one of the few people that know I am doing ivf and that I have a failed ivf. Do you ever have the weird feeling that friends with babies are walking on pins and needles around you, expecting you to turn into a blithering mess at the sight of their baby? I feel soo on display. Like a lab specimen.

Hi Girlies! Sorry I've been MIA just been waiting it out till our group seminar at the IVF clinic on 3rd March (only 5 wks) I then have my appointment with the consultant on 13th to go through treatment, apparently on the day they want to do blood tests and that's it. Can anyone tell me what factors they consider for deciding the protocol I am put-on and whether I'm at risk of over stimulating? I would love an update on where your all at? Wishing u all the best.

Hiya everyone

Just did my hcg trigger (10,000 iu ovidrel). Here's the thing - this involved injecting 1 1/2 pre-filled syringes. I am sure I put a bit more than half in when doing the second syringe. Will that be ok? Am worried that too much hcg might bring ovulation too early - though surely if it was that important to be exact they would make it easier. The nurse said to get as near to half as possible and it wasn't that much over argh!!!! This whole thing has turned me into a bloody nervous wreck!!!!

Am off to bed now - need to relax!! Will catch up with you all tomorrow! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's awesome, Sila!! I am sure you are fine! :)

Of course, I just fell on my butt in the snow in our front yard. GRR! That can't be helpful.

Hi girls hope your all having a fantastic weekend. I'm trying my best to chill out and not think things through too much.

Spreading some :dust::dust::dust: round the thread.

Sila I think you will be fine. It's such a stressful time isnt it. Good luck with ec hun.

MSG hope your ok after your fall. When is your OTD?

Kat how did your apt go?

Can't believe how many of us will be pupo soon.

Isi how you doing hun, not long to go now. x

Hi to everyone else.

Started the progesterone pessaries today yuck!! hate them, think its the worst part along with the 2ww of course. Still will all be worth it in the end. I can't wait to be pupo. These days are certainly dragging along. Feel like time is standing still, god knows what the 2ww is going to be like.x

Enjoy the rest of the weekend girls. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->