IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Oh dear!! poor you Rosa was those the only options, cant you just drink normal fresh juice..??

lou

No, just tomato juice. Blech. :sick: He said it has to be high sodium to soak up the water. i'm not sure about milk and stuff...just no water. I got some chicken broth too, since it's also high in sodium. Equally as gross to drink.

Lou, AQ, Hope

Good luck with your scans tomorrow :hugs:

Rosa, i've read conflicting things about drinking gatorade but not about water. Mind you, I had to keep drinking because of the ohss so they probably didn't bother to tell me.

I haven't heard anything about not drinking, I am still gulping water down. My tummy is just as big as it was after EC at the minute, so uncomfy. I just want the bloat to go down :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

GL for you scan lou :thumbup:

can i ask if any of u ladies have pcos?
x
I do, my eggs were good quality though as far as I know.

My FS said 13 days post trigger should be a true positive.

BETA was this morning. Results about 2-3 pm my time. Dr. K says "tentative congrats"
Wahoo for :bfp: amazing! and to think you almost didn't go ahead with iui! can't wait to find out how many, lol! sextuplets!!!! -how does dh feel?

I want to put a ticker up, but am not sure if it's getting ahead of myself? Will I Jinx myself if I do? What do you ladies think?

Oh and one thing I have learnt, it really isn't a good idea to test before your official test date. I have been to hell and back from early testing and I'm so sure it really isnt worth it.
Impossible to know what's right but I say go for it! (I see you have!) Still can't decide wether to test sunday (2 days early) or tuesday (otd but a school day)!
What was Dh's reaction to the bfp? xxx

And ST - I like you OTD, would make it Thursday and my mums 60th :thumbup:
Yay! I say go for that then! I wish I had tested the trigger and then I could know if it's worth doing a test on sunday!

Has anyone else been told to lay off the water after the transfer?

Hi rosa? I'm still drinking 2 litres if I can, says to do that in my book so weird that you can't. what was your sonogram for?xx

AFM-nothing to report really! looking forward to the weekend! still not sure when to test.
Sooo pleased for all the bfps on here! and soo very very glad to me having the support of this thread! :kiss:

:hi: to trask, aq, princess, lou, doodar, delly, hope and all the lovely gang!xx

ST, just to see my lining I think. Not sure what it was for. :shrug: As soon as the dildo cam went in, tho, he was like yep, lay off of the water for a while. So, I wonder what he saw?

I'll say it again here Chris but I am thrilled for you! Can't wait to hear what your beta is!

Oh and congrats to you to Zowie!!!! I totally didn't mean to forget you!

I got another beta drawn today to compare to my one at 4 weeks 1 day so hopefully it's nice and high, if it doubles like it should I expect it would be around 2000 ish give or take some.

As per the water i was told to keep drinking and to have sports drinks but the doc pretty much said the fluid will go when it's ready you can't really speed it up.

Chris I'm so happy for you I want to cry! And to think you nearly abandoned the cycle altogether! This was meant to be. Can't wait to find out how many there are in there :dance:

Rosa I'm going to really struggle if they tell me to cut out water after transfer because I was drinking nearly two litres a day before IVF! My only other drink of choice is orange squash,which is pretty much just water too :lol:

Lou and AQ good luck with the scans tomorrow, hope we all have a good choice of follies, I'm feeling doubtful as I'm not feeling a thing, but then I've only just done my 7th jab. Must keep the PMA!

:wave: to the rest of the gang :flower:

YAY CHRIS!!!! I sneaked a peak at your journal because I was curious. :blush: So happy for you! :yipee:

I am really struggling already with this no water thing, ladies. I seriously normally drink so much that I am dying right now. I just came back from a walk with my dog and downed 8 oz because I just couldn't take it. :sad2: And I have 10 more days of this.

I honestly don't know why the doc would tell you no water. Maybe you could call the clinic and get more details?

Chris and Zowiey- Loving the tickers girls and a huge CONGRATS to you both! may it be the start of a BFP boom on this thread! haha x

Magpies- Not seen u about hun, hows it going? x

Hope and Lou- GL with scans girls x

Hi to everyone else. I am only popping on briefly as im off to bed soon. Up early for my scan tomorrow! cant wait but so nervous! lol. Nite all x

Morning girls - hope you're all ok today.

Back from my 8 day scan and I think the results were ok. Had 4 follies on the right and 5 on the left, the biggest 3 on each side were noted as 12, 11 and 10 and then 10, 8 and 8. The nurse said that was ok and they wouldn't expect me to grow any fresh ones but that these will grow and maybe some little ones might grow a bit too. I have to go for another scan on Monday and then depending what happens I'll either do EC on Thursday/Friday, or I'll have another scan Wednesday and do EC on Friday/Monday.

AQ & Lou - how did you get on?

I did also find out today that if our embies don't look like they'll make it to blast then we can have two transferred at Day 3. So now my "of course we'll go to blast" mindset has been wobbled slightly as I'm thinking "oooh - put 2 back and we might have twins!" :lol:

Rosa I dont understand why they would tell you to cut down on the water either! It's bizarre, normally they tell you to increase water intake after et!

Hope yay!! for follies :happydance: all sounding good. It's a tough decision when it comes to how many to put back! would they not allow you two blasts?

No - you can only have one blast, unless you're over 40 then they let you have two. I think it's because they have to try and limit multiple pregnancies and two blasts is more likely to result in twins than two embies.

It's a difficult one! I said this time round that I would go for 2 on day 3 but when it came down to it we went with the one blast. Although the first two cycles my clinic did allow 2 blasts to be put back but this time round they said only one. I was happy to go with it though because I kinda convinced myself that my body couldnt cope with the two hence thats why they were being rejected, so I was happy to try something different this time round. Although I would love twins. Good luck making your decision hunny :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->