IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

AAh thanks Tinks and Zowiey! 2 more friends yay! I love reading patient info leaflets! and Zowiey I totally understand what you say about being too optomistic and jinxing it or being negative to protect yourself and that stops it working!!!! which way to go??? lol!
xx

:wohoo: Add me to the virtual friends pile up or message me and i'll add you on FB! Although no TTC talk on there, it's shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Zowiey, glad that your drugs are coming Friday. The leaflets will indeed keep you busy :D

ST, Planning sucks :( I need to do mine but can't find the motivation just yet :blush: At least with just one subject it's not so bad. Just 9 different levels of class :haha:

The books I have are Zita West Zita Assisted Conception

That's probably been the most helpful and the only one i bought full price on.

Also the cd, which is fab. CD Relaxation

The two books I picked up at the charity shop are Natural Solutions to Infertility (lots about vitamins, supplements and diet) and Dr Beer, Is Your Body Baby Friendly (a squidge depressing but useful about unexplained infertility, miscarriage and IVF failure). I picked it up as it was £2.99 but hoping not to need it!

Tinks - the doctor said I have to have my rubella shot at my gps so I know it's not for that, I'm wondering if it's for another ultrasound or I dunno I have no idea lol xx

Traskey, I just looked up that zita west cd. It looks great! Do you have it? I can't find it in the USA thought. :nope: I wonder if it's only sold in the UK. I think I need something like that. Negative thoughts are constantly going through my mind, and I need some positive affirmations and meditations to keep my mind and body healthy.

AAh thanks Tinks and Zowiey! 2 more friends yay! I love reading patient info leaflets! and Zowiey I totally understand what you say about being too optomistic and jinxing it or being negative to protect yourself and that stops it working!!!! which way to go??? lol!
xx

Zita would say think positive!!

I'm trying very hard to.

Rosa, I do have the cd. I tried it for the first time last night and it was so good I fell asleep. Need to do it earlier and not before bed :haha:

I found some of the numbing creams that Doodar was talking about on Amazon.

Numbing cream

I might get the cheap one and see if it makes a difference. I am such a wimp with needles :haha:

Hello girls.

I am lucky in that i am not bothered by needles at all as had so many needles/drips etc with my 2 emergency surgeries for ectopics last yr, but i am nervous as regards catheter test an transfer but not egg collection... am i weird?! its just the idea of a catheter through my womb again after my HSG hurt so much yrs ago but that was not long after cervical surgery so hoping iv healed and it wont be so bad?
I am feeling very scared emotionally as always thought my mum would be here to go through ivf with me and support me but knowing i have to go through it without her is what really scares me as she was my best friend and such support through all my infertility as she had been through infertility herself and tried 10yrs for me... i guess i will have to toughen up and get on with it but take comfort from knowing she will be watching over me always.
I have not had a call from drugs company yet re delivery of all my meds etc but it was only yesterday i called the clinic so il give it till thur an call the drugs company if i have not had a call from them by then. I guess im lucky in a way that my friend is diabetic and she has self injected for 20yrs so she will be doing my needles for me.

Is everyone feeling hopeful/excited and terrified all at once?? xxx

Its a odd mix of emotions traskey isnt it? i pray we all get lucky and can move to a due date group together xxx

Is everyone feeling hopeful/excited and terrified all at once?? xxx

:thumbup::wacko::flower::shrug:

Yep, that sounds like me in a nutshell :haha:

Me too and I've been there before, thought things would be different this time round. I bought an ivf relaxation cd and I fell asleep too :haha:. I also got a positive thinking one which is good, obviously didn't work for me last time but I'm not giving up hope.

Im worrying too about people mentioning ttc on FB so much so that I'm thinking of closing the account. Nobody knows and I'm scared someone is gonna slip up.

AQ I have to phone my drugs company myself to arrange delivery of drugs, maybe you should give them a ring just to be on the safe side.

Morning Ladies,

Done the first injections today for stimming, so i keep thinking that with in the next month our lives could change what a wierd thought :). I am hoping this works but due to the stats at only 20% sucess rate i am struggling to remain positive is that normal x

Delly- yes its normal but we must remain positive too. Glad injection went well x

Iv just had call from drugs company and meds are getting delivered tomorrow morning!
They called just as I was saying to my mum I pray this all works as I talk to my mum often an ask for guidance
So let's hope its a sign xxx

AQ ~ Oh, we love good signs. Yay for the drugs being delivered :)

Rosa/ Delly ~ I think we all go up and down thinking this will work, this might not. I think it also crosses my mind that if IVF doesn't work then there's not a next step really to take, apart from immunology treatment.

Doodar ~ maybe I should get a positive thinking cd too! The Zita is for post transfer but it's relaxing me, so I don't mind.

We had a good appointment today!
DH's SA was better

His first SA count was 10 million, the second 24 million and today's was 67.5 million!
Motility today was 65% with 55% moving fast
Morphology was up to 8% from 4% on the first two samples.

So we are down for IVF with ICSI back up, due to his previous low counts. We also talked about time off and options/recommendations with that for end of September when we'll be going there a lot.

Afternoon ladies...hope everyone is well
Delly well done on your first injection...im right with you with the optimism after our meet with consultant yesterday our figures were 15%...!!! we must believe though..we must...xxx
Aq excellant news on your delivery your mums always gonna be there looking out for you and when ever she can im quite sure she'll be yanking on some strings...
Doodar i listened to Zita natural concepton tape and it really did relax me, so Traskey falling asleep to it as got to be beneficial the message will get through subliminally and will be firmly stuck in...
well i had my appointment yesterday it really is overwhelming all that info they go through all the stats some of it was quite depressing actually...went home with a pounding headache which i now cant shift and my OH probably looked much like Zowiey said hers did...had bloods taken for Amh aswell get the results tomorrow..will be starting on day 21 of my next cycle which is due any day now...Wagons roll indeed...:happydance::happydance:
lou

Fab news loopy!

Trask that's great news about DH's SA! 67.5million wow!!!!! I would love just one million of those please! Surely you shouldn't need icsi now?
Thank-you for the info on the cd btw!
x

Wow, things are moving along for us in here!

Traskey, excellent SA numbers! :happydance: That's got to feel great!
AQ, yay for meds in the mail!!!!

Afm, my cd3 appt was a little anti-climatic. He tried to give me bcp prescription until I reminded him that we weren't doing that on account of my smaller ovaries and he was like oh yeah. COME ON DOC! So, I go back next Friday to see how ovulation is going. More waiting. :coffee: I feel like that's all we do. I'm ready to start these darn injections and get this party started!!

Hi Girls! Thank you all for welcoming me the other day. Sorry i have not been on since, things are a little mad @ the mo. I will try to catch up with whats going on with you all, but I hope things are moving along nicely.
I have a decision to make which i'm struggling with. I'll try and explain short hand. My first cycle I was on the long protocol down regged for 14 days, started gonal F 112.5iu for 8 days and then lowered to 75iu for 2 days. I was overstimulated with estrogen at 26'000 on stimming day 10 and 29 eggs collected. Well this cycle I was on BCP and straight onto stimming CD3 so no down regging also dose was lowered to 75iu. I had my first monitoring app today, I have one mesurable follie on each ovary @ 11mm and about 25 smaller follies on each ovary (this is my problem, I have 50 antral follies before we even begun...oh the joys of PCO) after 6 days of stimming last cycle I had 15 measurable follies with 30 smaller ones and estrogen was 3600, today after 5 days of stimming estrogen is 630. The consultant has recommend two days at 112.5iu to try and get a few more follies to grow with the two lead follies, however he has said he understands my concerns and if I want to do one day @ 112.5iu and then one @ 75iu he is ok with this. Its such a difficult balancing act, I dont want to end up with just 2 follies but I dont want to end up with estrogen super high and not to be allowed a transfer. What would you do? Appreciate your thoughts Girls!

AQ - :happydance::happydance::happydance:for you drugs coming tomorrow :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Welldone on your first injection Delly x

Loopylew - glad your appointment went well and you have everything signed. It is very overwhelming, I dont know about your cons but ours did not sugar coat anything. Which in a way is good as it does not give false hope. Another starter for this cycle. I am so jealous, I so want to join you girls.

Traskey - Yey for the SA!!!

ST - I second that, I would just love to have 1 million for them to pick from :dohh: but I am sure they can find enough. They only need a few :hugs:

Rosababy - Thats not very reasuring that your Dr forgot about not giving you bcp. Another starter, its going to get even more hettic in here :haha:

Please - Its is such a hard decision. How many lead follies did you have at this point last time. My advice would be to go with what your cons has advised, plus you are on a lower dose than last time as well.

Wow Please, that's complex. I'm not sure what to advise. I'd probably follow your FS but i'd bow to anyone with experience on this one. Good luck whatever you decide.

Rosa, hope your scan goes well for next week. At least you knew you weren't supposed to take the bcp.

Lou, it is a bit overwhelming isn't it? Come on witch so you can start!

ST, they've recommended we sign consent for ICSI just incase. We think the increase was due to Wellman Conception that DH was on. I hope you get more than last time too!

Delly, happy stabbing :D Was it ok?

Hugs for everyone else. Hope you're doing ok.

Delly congrats on the first stimming jab :thumbup: you'll be at ec before you know it.

Trask brilliant numbers you must be so pleased, just shows you how things can change from one month to the next :thumbup:

AQ Yay for drug delivery :happydance:

Please tought decision but like the others have said, I think I would go with what your consultant has recommended hun. You'll only be having the higher dose for two days and your estrogen numbers are no where near as high as last time. Good luck hun :hugs:

Lew not really sure what you mean by that comment or whether you misread my post but I never mentioned it not being beneficial to trask.

:hi: ST,Tinks and everyone else.

AFM still awaiting my protocol to arrive so I can order my drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->