IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

AF came! :happydance: Sounds weird...cd3 u/s and bloods on Wednesday, and I hope to get my schedule for injections etc then too!

Wow Zowiey the 31st of this month! wow so quick that's brill! It really is moving quick for some of us now-I look forward to seeing how we all do! discussing side effects, scans, follicle sizes, amount of eggs, amount fertilized, etc etc! my appointment is on the 30th-not sure what for exactly they said I will start early sept so for injection training and to sign the last of the forms I guess??x

Had a Phone call off the clinic, they said to expect a letter in the next couple of days and once that comes I can make an appointment with the nurse, I have no idea what it's for :/ any ideas girls??

Also hopefully gettin the keys to our new house this week, it's a very stressful one lool

Xx

Zowiey, that's great news :wohoo: Thank you so much for sharing about what your fs said. I was feeling a little guilty over the accupuncture as I haven't rescheduled my appointment to go yet. I'll stick with my Zita relaxation cd. That's really interesting about your FS recommending you take the 2ww off. I think i'd like to but it's not going to happen so I guess i'll just have to not get too stressed!

Rosa, :wohoo: for the witch!

ST, good luck with your consent appointment and hope you get your start date soon.

Annie, hope you get on better with the injections this time round.

:hug: for Chris, Samba, Beccs, AQ, Lou, Yellow Bell and anyone else I have missed!

Hello not been on here for a while didn't really have much to update on. Wow it's really moving in here now :happydance:.

We've had a few decisions to make regarding treatment and which way we want to go with things. Consultant recommended immune testing and treatment, went away had a think and decided against it. So we are going with a basic cycle but with a few extra drugs added this time round, Low dose aspirin and steroids and clexane. He is also giving me estrogen this time round too, does anyone know what this is for? never had it last time. So protocol is in the post and I'm booked in to start treatment next month. So fingers crossed should be stimming around the 16th sept, the day we move house :dohh: must be mad! lol

Hi ladies, haven't been on in a while the whole process is moving very quick. hope everyone is doing well. Aq so sorry to hear about your mom. I started Lupron on Saturday and am feeling under the weather, not sure if it's from the medication or that I'm getting sick. Has anyone else taken Lupron injections? So happy to hear that it's moving quickly for some of you as well. Best of wishes and baby dust.

Welcome back Doodar and Red Sox Gal. Good to hear that people have starting dates or are on their way. Doodar, I checked in my Dr Beer book, it has the baby asprin and Clexane but doesn't mention the estrogen at all. Sorry.

Hi Ladies,

Gosh cant keep up with the updates oops sorry.

AQ sorry about your mum.

Hello to all new ladies and everyone else.

Well had baseline scan this morning and the syrenal is doing it's job I start injecting tomorrow with menopur and have another scan on the 2nd sept. If all ok EC on the 5th sept so felt kinda of wierd when i left the clinic of hope and then a sudden feeling of being very scared of this not working (paying private so only have this one shot) (I am normal or just a half glass empry sort of person :-().

Anyway Syranel so far has been ok just had a few headaches over the last few days but not sure if that is stress of DisneyLand or not :).

Not looking forward to self injecting had a brief explaination this morning but doens't make me feel any better about knowing what i am doing with needles etc.

Dee x

Hi Dee

Glad the Synarel did the job. Will you freeze any hopeful extra embryos? I know there is still a cost but it's not as expensive as a full IVF cycle. I'm really hoping though that this cycle works for you.

My friend told me that when she injects she tries the needle lightly on different areas of skin until she finds some patches where you can't feel it as much, or at all. I'm going to give that a try when I start mine for the easiest injections.

:dust:

I'm too much of a chicken to actually self inject, so I have my OH do the actual sticking. I found it keeps him involved with the process since he really only has one job that he has to do and it's several weeks out. Just an idea for others like me who don't like needles.

I'm petrified of needles and DH does mine too. I use topical anaesthetic to numb the skin beforehand so I cant feel a thing, just shut my eyes grab a pillow and leave hubby to it :haha:

Thanks for that Trask, had quick flick through my Dr Beer too. Interesting that he doesn't use it. Have gooled it and apparently it helps with implantation so I'm happy to go with it.

hi ladies!

Happy to hear about some of you getting your start dates soon ;)

Redsox and Doodar, my DH also does my injections. I really can't imagine doing my own injections. I don't even look at it when my DH does it. I'm thankful that DH is more than happy to do it.

It's been a week now that I've been down regulating. I'm kinda getting used to the injections now. I haven't really felt any side effects, thankfully. :) Right now, I'm waiting for AF to come, I hope it won't be late so my stimming stage won't be delayed.

Sounds like a good plan to me! Anything that will help you get your bfp has got to be a good thing :D Fingers crossed x

I'm also afraid of needles. Can't even watch when they take blood or anything. Luckily, my dh has experience taking blood from the army, so he'll be doing mine. My sil (also went through ivf) said it helps to pinch the belly fat to inject. She says it hurts less.

What is the topical stuff you put on? So it doesn't hurt, then? I could be interested in that...

I use two different kinds one is called emla cream you put it on about an hour before and cover it with like a clear plastic plaster which comes with the cream. The other is called zylocaine its a spray and I just spray that on some cotton wool and stick it on with some micropore tape for about half an hour. I find the emla cream is better but its more expensive. It used to only be available by prescription but you can get it over the counter at the pharmacy now. I order mine online you can get a box of about 4 tubes and the plasters for around £15 doesn't last long though so I tend to alternate between the emla and the zylocaine. I used the emla for canula insertion for egg collection too lol I'm a wimp and they all laughed at me but I don't care. Why suffer pain when you dont have to. You can also get one from the pharmacy called ametop but I've never used this one.

Great news on getting started soon doodar and with extra drugs in place too. What is the Dr Beer book that you an Trask have?
Also the Zita west cd has been mentioned on here by a couple of you, is is any good?
AFM-nothing to report, im feeling bored and lonely at the mo because DH is away til thursday. Since moving to cambridge 2 YEARS ago I have only managed to make 2 friends and one has a 6 week old baby and never returns my calls and the other is writing her masters dissertation! -so it's hard to meet them! (my work colleaques are all nice but none live in cambridge) oh well never mind.
I'am trying to motivate myself to do some planning for school but it's not going well! I was also in school today putting displays up. Trask I like the sound of your job-maths is my favourite subject! then I wouldn't have to plan Geography, History and Literacy (these are what I still have left to plan!) other subjects done thank goodness!

Anyhow sorry everyone for babbling!x

Hi Ladies,

Well had baseline scan this morning and the syrenal is doing it's job I start injecting tomorrow with menopur and have another scan on the 2nd sept. If all ok EC on the 5th sept so felt kinda of wierd when i left the clinic of hope and then a sudden feeling of being very scared of this not working (paying private so only have this one shot) (I am normal or just a half glass empry sort of person :-().

Dee x

Hi Delly-From what I can workout I think your maybe first to have EC on this thread! GO GIRL! I think everyone on here gets scared every now and again about it not working it's a huge huge thing! and like you say it's so expensive if you are paying for everything! I'm egg sharing but having icsi and possibly tese for DH which still all has to be paid for so I kinda know how you feel. I need to findout how much FET costs compared to icsi with egg sharing so I can decide whether to freeze any good embies!
Goodluck for injecting tommorrow.x

Wow, it really is moving fast.

AF is due Thursday so could come anytime from tomorrow onwards. I can then call the clinic and hopefully get a better idea of when I can start :thumbup:

Doodar, I am glad you have managed to make a decision :hugs: Fx hun x

There is no way my DH would inject me, he is nervous about having needles around in the house :haha: If I wsn't ok with injecting myself I would have to go to my mum or sisters :dohh:

Delly, glad DR has been kind on you, GL for stimming. You will the first from the this thread :happydance::happydance: I am sure it is very normal to worry about it not working. Oh and there are loads of videos on youtube, just search for your meds. They are quite helpfull (and funny :winkwink:)

Princess, I wonder if the letter will be for getting your rubella shot? They might have an apoointment for you?

Yellowbell I am glad DR has been ok for you also. Fx AF turns up when she is supose to.

Hi to everyone else :kiss:

ST - We are with you virtually :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Delly :hugs: I kind of know what you mean, I'm only preparing for it to not work, I'm naturally pessimistic, so I worry if I think positive I may jinx myself! Although I do also worry that my negative thinking may affect it too, so I can't bloody win :dohh:

School Teacher, I have no friends, and I've lived in this town my whole life! I'll be your virtual friend too :flower:

I'm getting my drugs deliverd on Friday! Woo Hoo :happydance: I can spend a whole evening reading the patient info leaflets! Happy times :haha:

xxxx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:Zowie for the delivery:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

You will have a mountain of leaflets to read. Should keep you busy for awhile :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->