IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

It's an exciting time isn't it AQ! I did enjoy reading it and looking at all the maternity clothes and prams etc! 10 days to go that's great! I have 2 weeks on monday to go!x

School Teacher, I had 3 embies transfered Monday and my friends have already given me maternity clothes... and I had to try all of them on:winkwink: I think all of us are naughty girls.

Everyone enjoy the long weekend:)

I got the call: 11 fertilized eggs.

But, no transfer this month as my progesterone levels are too high. :(

Oh no! Has this happened to you before? Did your doc know this might happen, or was this a total shock? What a disappointment. :hugs: The good news is that you have 11 so I'm sure you'll have some that make the thaw no problem.

School teacher, I love it! I've been so tempted to buy some pregnancy mags, but haven't yet. I do walk a little slower through the baby aisles of the stores and wistfully touch the soft blankets. Sigh. Someday our babies will come and we'll spend SO much money on beautiful baby stuff and beautiful maternity clothes! :haha: I hope your dream is foreshadowing! At least you're staying positive, which is excellent!

AQ, I'm also pumped to get started with injections! I start in 13 days so we'll be very close!

Afm, I got my schedule yesterday!! :happydance: Injections to start September 16, retrieval October 7, transfer either October 10 or the 12. I'm guessing the 12, since he mentioned he'd like to do a 5 day with me. It's a little later than I thought...I thought we'd be doing an end of September retrieval, but whatever. The only thing is, when I was scheduling my dozens of appointments, I got down to the last few, which are beginning of October, and the receptionist is like oh the doc is out of town those days. I'm like but it's only a few days before my retrieval...did he even check his own calendar before he made mine?! She said they might have the nurse do the u/s, but since it's so close to the retrieval, I'm not sure. Doesn't the doc need to do those to decide if I'm ready for retrieval?? She said my schedule might change, but she'll call me on Tuesday.

I'll be PISSED if I have to wait another cycle because he's gone. I guess this is the trade off for going to a small, private clinic rather than a huge one where I see different docs each time. My dh reminded me that even the doc has to have a life outside of work...I'm like I DON'T CARE I WANT TO GET PREGNANT! :hissy:

10 days AQ :happydance::happydance::happydance:

mmgritten - Good luck for your 2ww :thumbup:

Rosababy - I really hope you dont have to wait another cycle. Are you do short or long protocol?

The nerves are really hitting me now, I dont think I can stand feeling like this for another 2 weeks and that before I even start. EC is filling me with dread, I am so scared of being put to sleep :nope:

I got the call: 11 fertilized eggs.

But, no transfer this month as my progesterone levels are too high. :(

Hooray to the 11 fertilized..Boo to the waiting and bucket loads of good luck for the freezing...:hugs:

Aq im just 3 days behind you....woohoo.....lol

Sshoolteacher dont see any harm in buying mags and getting prepared:thumbup:

mmgritten well done on being PUPO...:happydance:

Rosababy snap on the downregging date, dont know my schedule yet it should arrive with my prescription for my multitude of drugs midweek sometime...:happydance::happydance:

I hope everyone else is doing well today...:hugs:

Lou

The nerves are really hitting me now, I dont think I can stand feeling like this for another 2 weeks and that before I even start. EC is filling me with dread, I am so scared of being put to sleep :nope:[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean and im miles behind you...:hugs: my clinic gives you the option of a local insead... my worry is actually quite silly but its keeping me awake at night..lol the thought of my bladder having to hold more than one cup of tea is seriously stressing me out...!!!:wacko:

lou

Hi ladies hope everyone us well. Scan on Friday I have 17 follies ranging from 14 - 23 mm the largest not bad for an old bird. Having hgc shoot tonight and EC Monday responded well to Menopur but not been a comfy ride the last to weeks and today has been the worse.

Anyway on iPhone so hard to type catch up soon

Dee xx

Hi ladies hope everyone us well. Scan on Friday I have 17 follies ranging from 14 - 23 mm the largest not bad for an old bird. Having hgc shoot tonight and EC Monday responded well to Menopur but not been a comfy ride the last to weeks and today has been the worse.

Dee xx

That really is awesome numbers...well done Dee.....Good luck for monday.....your nearly there....:happydance::happydance:

Wow, that was a catch up and a half! I am back from my holiday :) Had a wonderful time, glad to be home but not looking forward to going back to work Monday.

Had my withdrawal bleed whilst on holiday :( and :) It was shorter than normal but heavier but glad it turned up on time.

The downregging is still fine. A few headaches but not too bad. Can't remember who asked but i'm taking Pregnacare Conception, which is a multi vit plus the folic acid. I'm on decaf coffee and tea and don't drink alcohol. I'm taking the day of EC and the next off and another day for ET. I'm swimming for exercise but have been told not to after EC.

Glad that more of you now have dates or have started down regging! Samba, i'm sorry to see that you aren't starting as soon as you would like and will be leaving us :hugs:

:hug: for all :D

Dee xx

That really is awesome numbers...well done Dee.....Good luck for monday.....your nearly there....:happydance::happydance:

Wow, well done Delly! I hope this old bird gets as many as you have!

Good luck for Monday :)

Loopylew - I have not been offered a local. I will just have man up :haha: When do you have to have a full bladder? Is it just for ET?

Delly - 17 is fab, fx for EC on Monday. Please update us asap :thumbup: Is the HCG shot big???

Well this may be TMI but just want some reasurance. DH and I have :sex: and of course had to use protection but it split!!! I have never once had this happen so trust it to be now :dohh: Are we just using protection so we dont get pregnant before tx or is there another reason? I am abut 6 days away from ov so it would be to early anyway for TTC. Any advice would be great, I know I am proberly just being silly:haha:

Rosababy- Yes we are very close with our dates :) lets hope our edd's are the next thing we have in common ;-) x

Tinks- Ah try not to panic over EC. I am involved in a IVF support group and all the ladies there felt no pain and were not given a general at our clinic, they were given deep sedation which puts you in a sleep but you breath etc on your own so much less recovery time, so maybe that is a option for you? also i think the reason they advise to use protection is incase you happen to get pregnant naturally whilst taking the hormones as they can increase chance of miscarriage i think. Deffo not a issue for us as i have no tubes x

Traskey- Glad dr is going well. Hope u had a nice holiday? when will you start stimms? x

Delly- Fab amount of follies! best of luck for EC on monday! that has come round so quick! hope mine does too x

Yay to the ladies starting dr around same time as me! we are getting busy on this thread and i hope to see tons of BFPS! xxx

Hey all-busy on here today!
Trask-glad to see u back and all is going as well as expected! I think you start stimms 2 days before me!

Delly-best of luck for Monday, let us know how it goes!

Tinks-have your clinic told you it will be a local? as my clinic just sedates you which is better apparently like AQ said-quicker recovery.

The problem I have is that DH does have to have a local for surgical sperm retrieval so neither of us will be able to drive home! We will have to take someone else with us I think. Does anyone elses Dh have to have something similar on the day?

-right I'm gonna have to look back on the posts now as my memory is rubbish and then do another post, lol!

rosababy-I hope that your dates can remain, I'm sure they won't need to change them!

[
School teacher, I love it! I've been so tempted to buy some pregnancy mags, but haven't yet. I do walk a little slower through the baby aisles of the stores and wistfully touch the soft blankets. Sigh. Someday our babies will come and we'll spend SO much money on beautiful baby stuff and beautiful maternity clothes! :haha: I hope your dream is foreshadowing! At least you're staying positive, which is excellent!
:

I can't wait to buy stuff!! I'm trying to be positive and succeed about 70% of the time at the mo!

mmgritten-being naughty has to be done! and good luck!

Hello to everyone else!!

You should see the amount of baby stuff i already have! i went mad with my previous two pregnancies and bought tons of stuff and now if im out and about and there are some bargains i snap them up in the hope our baby/babies will wear them soon :)
i did have so much stuff that a lot of my friends who have recently had babies have all done well from me with gifts tho! lol xxx

hi ladies.
I hope you're having a good weekend.

Hope - welcome here. Goodluck on your appointment on Wednesday.

PCOS mom - Sorry to hear about the delay in your ET but as the others said 11 embies is a great number

Janice - what prenatal vitamins are you taking? I've only been taking folic acid.

wifey29 - goodluck on your upcoming first injection. I understand the anxiety you're feeling.I'm feeling it too sometimes but I try to take it out of my mind and think happy thoughts instead. I just look forward to my every injection and see it as one day being closer to having a baby :)

loopy - My clinic will be putting me off to sleep and I'm scared about it too! But let's not worry and just trust the doctor and nurses, they'll be monitoring us all throughout and it will be just about half an hour only.

Rosa - i hope your schedule does not get delayed. I would be pissed too if my doctor would just move my schedule because of his personal plans, I mean, he shouldn't have made his initial schedule with you and then just change it off like that.

Traskey - glad to hear your dr is doing fine. I've been having some headaches too but as Rosa told me, it could just be an effect of my cut down on coffee.

Tinks - like AQ said, the protection is to prevent spontaneous pregnancy as the meds we're taking will not have a good effect on an embryo.

ST and AQ - hooray for starting dr soon!

Delly - best of luck on your EC!

We have to wait 8 more days to hear any further word on our embies!

Doctor said that when you don't do a fresh transfer they grow the embryo's longer. My fear is that by the end of next week they will all be gone :(

Then even if they do survive, will the survive the freeze and the thaw. UGH!

Thanks for the advice girls, if the protection is just to prevent a pregnancy then there is nothing to wory about :thumbup:

My clinic do EC under sedation but I believe you still go to sleep??? Going to sleep and not being aware of everything is what I am worried about. I am too scared of he pain, if any, afterwards. Can you tell yet that I am a control freak lol.

Traskey - Good see you back :thumbup: You seem to be doing well.

ST - My DH almost had to have SSR but we have banked before starting so the surgery shouldn't now be necessary, I think this is a cheaper option for NHS :haha:. Can you not drive after a local? Oh no, you will have to arange fo someone to pick you up. What a bit of a nightmere, just more hassle. Do you live far from the clinic?

PCOSmom - Its going to be long 8 days hun. Again, I have everything crossed for you x

Morning girls :)

Tinks- Ah i see why you are scared of EC now... have you had a general before? i had two last yr and once you have that needle you dont know a thing about it and then your waking up and all done an dusted. I recovered ok from my generals but im glad this time around it will be deep sedation so i wake up quicker :) as regards control Tink, that will go out the window with pregnancy an birth anyway ;-) lol. You will be fine and all be worth it for your baby xxx

Thanks AQ, no I have never even been put to sleep before. I have only been to hsopital before for tests and to see Drs. Never had to stay in or had anything major done thats why I am so nervous :haha:

Yep we will have to hand over all control to our Dr & MW :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->