• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

schoolteacher - our clinic is suppose to be the shortest waiting list in britain for people waiting for doner eggs, so im guessing it wont take long for us to be paired with some one :) xx

OOoooh brill! Where is that? well I hope they are true to their word!x

Were at crm London in London lol! I hope so too, just hoping I dont get anymore nasty cysts pop up xx

How is everyone doing?

I have got my repeat rubella blood test on wed and then just a wk for results and then i can start pestering the clinic for a fast appt! lol xxx

Hi ladies, can i join you..???
not really one for posting im more of a lurker...
We've been told by our consultant the way froward for us is IVF cause of my age...its a bit of a minefield and a major roller coaster..
i would be very grateful to talk to others going through the whole process..
thankyou.. Louisa

name. louisa
Reason for infertility:tubal reversal july 10 blocked tube feb 11
Years TTC: 1 Years
Treatment to date:clomid 3 months, hsg which revealed blocked tube
Bloods - awaiting results

1st consultant appointment 23 august
Hoping to start treatment Sep/Oct 11,

Hi Ladies :hi:

Hope you all had a fab weekend! x

Loopy - Welcome!

AF arrived for me yesterday.... so this could be our last natural cycle before starting IVF :shock: We're defo going to go for it this cycle.

Welcome loopy!

Sam thats well cool!! Getting so close now!

xxx

I'm scared and I am no where near. Starting to wonder if I can actually be a little babys mum! :haha:

xxx

Welcome Louise! Lurk all you like but feel free to join in.

Sam, wohoo for cd2. Let's hope this cycle is a good one for you.

Becca, you'll be a fab mum don't worry.

3 days until we see the FS at the fertility clinic. Hopefully we should know after that when we'll be starting. Witch is due this week so hopefully the next cycle will be the last before the IVF. I'm hoping it's ICSI as our chances are better but will have to wait and see.

Trask - With my slightly longer cycles we could VERY well be cycling together? When is your next AF due?

I'm due Thursday or Friday of this week and my cycles are usually 27/28 days.

That would be fab if we were on the same cycle :D

HI Ladies

Hope you all had a good weekend, Well 1 week today and the sniffing begins :), Had a very busy and so tired today i feel i could just stroll out off work or find a nice corner to curl up in and sleep :)

Dee

Copied from my journal, but this is where we are at!

Seems like the IVF process is going to be slow. Thursday is just for an initial consult. Then we have to go back another time to do the SA. Then go back again for a consult on how to do all the drugs. Then wait for the next period and then the drugs start 21 days after that! That's just going to come at the worst possible time for work. There's no way they'll let me have time off in September, it's far too busy and nobody to cover my classes. Add in 3 hours there and back travel time and there is no way they are going to let me go. I can't just take time off at the drop of a hat either! Why couldn't they have just done it in August? I'm going to have to tell work and that puts me in a bad position for our restructure. Bet i'll be the one to be made redundant.

:grr::grr::grr:

Trask - I think we'll start together :yipee: :yipee: TBH... I think it would be more reason to keep you as if you tell them about the IVF it cant be used against you iygwim.

Delly - :hi: When is your next scan?

Thankyou all for a warm welcome...

Delly if you dont mind me asking (please say if you do..)but how much have you paid for your ivf and did you get your meds separate...??? mine will also be funded by myself

Could any of you ladies tell me how long from your initial consultant meeting to actually starting any meds...???

Welcome Loopy :)

Hi to everyone else. Is anyone else has PIE and is waiting for a Consultant appt??
I cant wait! repeat rubella test in 2 days and then once result in we should get our appt thru as we have had all other tests back in may xxx

AQ, ours is the other way round, consult then PIE for us. All bloods are done, HIV/Hep/Rubella etc so it's just waiting time. Getting close now. I'll worry about getting time off more for all the scans when we get to it :haha:

Has everyone else told their work?

Tinks- Are you having NHS treatment or self funding? PIE is only for NHS cycles u see.
It was good cos they have a consultant and a embyologist and a nurse an counseller all giving a talk and you get all your consent forms etc and forms for blood tests etc all in one info pack and attend this evening with around 25 other couples.

Yes, our clinic is fully NHS :shrug: I think different PCT's must work differently.

AQ - We did things totally different. At ours you have all your tests (bloods, scans and SA) and then see a cons to go through everything and sign consent. Then you are ready to go 21 days after AF and needle teach. Its more drawn out with us as we are banking though, I would have started last week otherwise :growlmad: At least you will be one step further in 2 days :hugs::hugs:

traskey - sorry your dates have been moved back. You can never know whats going to happen. Its such a long process.

Welcome looplew :thumbup:

Delly - WOW you have started :happydance::happydance::happydance: hope you manage to get your head down :thumbup:

Sam - Yay for last natural cycle :happydance::happydance:

AFM, AF is due in a few days so just waiting for that. Not much to report :thumbup:

Hi everyone else. Hope you are all well :kiss:

Traskey- Not long for you then! x

Tinks- That sounds much more straight forward! x

Well girls i have my repeat rubella test on wed and i am now on cd3 so have decided to BEG the clinic to fit me in so i can start on this cycle... i doubt i will be fitted in so fast after the rubella test but i pray we are. My mum is terminally ill and fading fast with motor neuron diease so i am praying she gets to see our babies scan but we only really have a chance of this if the Dr is sympatheic and pushes us forward xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->