• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Awwww AQ I am so sorry about your mum. I really hope they will be able to help you hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Our process sounds simple now we have done most of the prep and i have typed it down but i thought we would never get anywhere and it was slow going at the time :thumbup:

Awwwwwww AQ :hug:

What a stressful and awful time for you. I would talk to them, explain and i'm sure that they can do something for you if they have space. I'm sure that your mum is happy that you are moving forward and that your treatment starts soon.

Thank you girls.
It is a terrible situation esp as i am a only child so praying i get to be a mummy soon so the pain is slightly less. It would mean the world to me to see my mum at my 1st scan seeing our baby on that screen. I just hope the nurse i see on wed is understanding and can put a good word in for me with the consultant. Fingers x'd! xxx

Trask - I think we'll start together :yipee: :yipee: TBH... I think it would be more reason to keep you as if you tell them about the IVF it cant be used against you iygwim.

Delly - :hi: When is your next scan?

Hi Sam my baseline scan is on the 23rd aug then should start the injections they are looking for EC on week commencing 5th Sept.

x

Thankyou all for a warm welcome...

Delly if you dont mind me asking (please say if you do..)but how much have you paid for your ivf and did you get your meds separate...??? mine will also be funded by myself

Could any of you ladies tell me how long from your initial consultant meeting to actually starting any meds...???

HI Loopylew,

Total cost is £4250, meds included in this think they totalled £1K.

Our initial meeting was the 25th May, but because the EC would have been in right in the middle of our holiday we had to wait for my next AF so put back by a month.

X

AQ - We did things totally different. At ours you have all your tests (bloods, scans and SA) and then see a cons to go through everything and sign consent. Then you are ready to go 21 days after AF and needle teach. Its more drawn out with us as we are banking though, I would have started last week otherwise :growlmad: At least you will be one step further in 2 days :hugs::hugs:

traskey - sorry your dates have been moved back. You can never know whats going to happen. Its such a long process.

Welcome looplew :thumbup:

Delly - WOW you have started :happydance::happydance::happydance: hope you manage to get your head down :thumbup:

Sam - Yay for last natural cycle :happydance::happydance:

AFM, AF is due in a few days so just waiting for that. Not much to report :thumbup:

Hi everyone else. Hope you are all well :kiss:

Hi Tink, I was brave and managed to stay at work all day but kept out of trouble and meetings as much as I could :haha: x

At least i wasn't too bad then. Hope it eases once you have been "sniffing" for a few days :thumbup:

HSG is getting closer! Will be calling to get a FS appointment on Friday hopefully!

xxx

africaqueen fingers crossed they can help you..

Delly thanks so much for the numbers... got my actual ivf price but until i know what meds i will be taking wont know the full cost...luckily i work in asda pharmacy so will get it at cost and discount...

Magpies good luck with your hsg just make sure you do take painkillers before you go, mine was pretty painful but both my tubes were blocked and it did help to unblock one though...
lou

I only have one tube and it is blocked so expecting it to hurt. :(

xxx

Morning Ladies!

AQ - Im sorry to hear about your mum :hugs:

Delly - OOOh how excited for the 23rd! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a perfect lining etc to start stimming.

Mags - Is HSG this Thursday?

Hope everyone else is well.

Not much to report on my behalf, AF is still here and really need to think about getting some OPK's. How typical is that to run out on the last (fingers crossed) cycle!

hiyaa ladies, anyone know if having a tilted uterus makes a difference to anything?? xx

Princess - I doubt it, might just be different for EC and ET.

Eurrghhh I officially HATE FB!!! A friend that was due the same time as me when I had my MC is now on her THIRD pregnancy!! Its sooooo bloody unfair! :grr:

Hi Ladies,

Back from a fabulous weekend away with hubby,just what the doctor ordered.

This thread is moving fast!!

AQ so sorry to hear about your mum. I hope the doctor is sympathetic :hugs:

Magpie good luck with hsg hun :thumbup:

Sam know exactly how you feel hun. A collegue at work got her bfp at the same time as I got my first bfp so we were due two days apart. Obviously she went on to have her baby and I came out with nothing. That was hard especially when she was showing off scan pictures.

Traskey I told work after my first icsi. I took some time off for treatment and when I got my BFP I had to tell them because it's such a stressful place and I have to work with x-ray equipment so didn't want to jepodise anything. There were a lot of changes going on at work and as soon as I miscarried I knew that I would be put up for redundancy. It was such a stressful time. It was only because my manageress at the time was leaving so she told me everything and basically said I would lose my job because my boss now knew we were trying for a baby and it causes too much hassle for him. Anyway he found out that I knew and had to change stratagy because he knew damn well he wouldn't get away with it. Unfotunately another girl lost her job but that was on a last in first out basis. The new manageress has been great and I've told her the last two times that we have done treatment and she has been fine with it although I don't trust them one bit. I would say if your going to tell them and you do plan to take time off then get a sick note off your doctor for back up because they can't touch you if you have a sick note. They have to prove how they did the selection process and how they came to choose you for redundancy. If it's done unfairly and purely because you did ivf then you can take them to a tribunal.

Gosh long post. lol.

:hi: to everyone else.

Not much to report on our ttc front, still waiting on review apt although not sure whether to book in for bloods before review apt and then kill two birds with one stone, review and blood results at the same time.

Hi girls.

Magpies- it was the actual insertion of the catheter that was agony not the dye going through so u may be ok if you have a straight forward uterus as mine is retroverted. x

Hope everyone is ok? x

Well ladies, check out my new ticker!! went today an had the repeat rubella test rather than tomorrow as i got let out of work early, so asked the nurse when can we have our appt with cons and she gave us a appt for 4th aug!! next wk!! haha. She said its most likely that we will have to start on my next cycle not this one, but it depends on how busy they are etc so she will see what cons says at appt. I am just sooo happy either way as this has been a loooong time coming! xxx

quick update ladies: just had phone call from my docs, i can go pick up my paper work today so will be on the phone to the clinic tomorrow trying to get an appointment lol, finally feel like im moving somewhere :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->