• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Traskey I told work after my first icsi. I took some time off for treatment and when I got my BFP I had to tell them because it's such a stressful place and I have to work with x-ray equipment so didn't want to jepodise anything. There were a lot of changes going on at work and as soon as I miscarried I knew that I would be put up for redundancy. It was such a stressful time. It was only because my manageress at the time was leaving so she told me everything and basically said I would lose my job because my boss now knew we were trying for a baby and it causes too much hassle for him. Anyway he found out that I knew and had to change stratagy because he knew damn well he wouldn't get away with it. Unfotunately another girl lost her job but that was on a last in first out basis. The new manageress has been great and I've told her the last two times that we have done treatment and she has been fine with it although I don't trust them one bit. I would say if your going to tell them and you do plan to take time off then get a sick note off your doctor for back up because they can't touch you if you have a sick note. They have to prove how they did the selection process and how they came to choose you for redundancy. If it's done unfairly and purely because you did ivf then you can take them to a tribunal.

Gosh long post. lol.

Thanks so much for sharing this Doodar. That's exactly what worries me, that i would be the one to go as i'm the only one of child bearing age. I guess it will depend on when the scans etc are as to whether I can work around it. I appreciate the tip about the sick notes as well.

So sorry that you miscarried though :hugs:

Eurrghhh I officially HATE FB!!! A friend that was due the same time as me when I had my MC is now on her THIRD pregnancy!! Its sooooo bloody unfair! :grr:

Aww, sorry Sam :hugs: I have a love hate relationship with FB for similar reasons!

Well ladies, check out my new ticker!! went today an had the repeat rubella test rather than tomorrow as i got let out of work early, so asked the nurse when can we have our appt with cons and she gave us a appt for 4th aug!! next wk!! haha. She said its most likely that we will have to start on my next cycle not this one, but it depends on how busy they are etc so she will see what cons says at appt. I am just sooo happy either way as this has been a loooong time coming! xxx

Fingers crossed for you AQ. They said something similar to us on the phone yesterday. It depends on how many people are already booked in as to when you start.

Thankyou AQ, i hope soo, i hate all this waiting around!! are you nhs or private funded?? xx

Wow! This thread moves quick! Hope everyone is well?

Do you want me to update the first page with appts etc for everyone? If you do, pm your info, and I'll update. :flower:

Aq, so sorry about your mum, I have my fingers crossed for you, that you have a sympathtetic nurse. :hugs:

4magpies- hope the hsg goes well, I had a slight blockage, that was cleared. It was uncomfortable, but I tried to keep focused on why I was doing it, didn't help that the women doing it wouldn't stop talking! I don't really like having conversations whilst having my foof on show, for some strange reason! :haha:

Well we have our info evening, thursday, and then our next fs appt, so fingers crossed we will get our start dates soon! I wanna do this!

xxxx

Princess- we are NHS funded. Our PCT allows 2 funded cycles but praying 1st one does the trick :) xxx

we got turned down for nhs funding cuz DH already has kids,

i really do hope they change that rule someday, its completely unfair :/

but its private for me :) ill take what im given lol, if it gets me a baby at the end i wouldnt care if i had to pay all the money id ever earn in my life time :haha:

whats your next appointment for aq??

xx

Princess- I do find that wrong to be honest. you can appeal tho, as my friend had no children but his new wife had 2 and they were allowed 2 NHS funded cycles 6yrs ago.
I guess it depends on circumstances but IVF should be judged per case not so harshly. Glad u are able to have treatment tho :)
Our appt next wk is to get all the results of our tests and to get a start date for the cycle to begin. Poss this cycle but most likely next xxx

so have you already had your bloods ect done??

my next appt is to have my bloods done, they were suppose to do them on my initial consulatation but because they found a cyst they didnt bother nd said they would do em once the cyst was gone, so i think its only that and probs some more paper work lol then hopefully ill atleast get an estimated start date :D xx

Morning Ladies,

Hope your all well today, only 4 more days until i start sniffing i struggle with stuff like that and wish i could have had the injections instead but hey ho cna be choosy so need to be brave :).

Dee

X

Morning Ladies!

2 weeks to go until my PIE! :yipee: & :shock:

Hope everyone is well xxx

delly - i didnt know there was another way of taking the drugs apart from injecting :haha:

ive never read about it before :dohh:

wheyy sam 2 weeks and counting ay!! bet your dead excited!! :happydance:

its funny tho, i dont know bout anyone else but when i was waiting for appointments with the hospital to find out what was wrong it dragged like hell, but when waiting for appointments at the ivf clinic it flys by :shrug: but its a good thing lol :thumbup:

hope you are all well xx

Sometimes I think its flying by then sometimes it feels like forever.... I know that the next 2 weeks will fly by though because Ive got loads on.

OMG OMG OMG im dead excited now :)

just got off the phone to clinic and my doctors made me an appointment for my bloods to be done on friday :D she also said that once this is done and the last few bits of paperwork are done then we can start planning my cycle :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

omg LOL!! im all over the place :haha:

xx

:wohoo: fantastic news Princess

:wohoo: for 2 weeks Samba, hope we get to say hi!

Consult for us tomorrow and then we'll move onto the next stage. BFN for me this morning, but that's hardly surprising after all this time. My DH, bless him, still gets excited and wants me to test. I'd rather not tbh as there's really no point. I'd had my fill of glaringly white pg tests! Hopefully next cycle we'll be starting all the drugs anyway.

Hey all-pleased for your good news princess!
trask-good luck for consultation tommorrow! I agree about pg tests-I don't bother with them any more-no point, ha! I can feel AF on the way anyways.
Hope everyone is good!
xxxx

Wow, so excited for everyones appoinments that seem to be coming forward :happydance::happydance::happydance: Fast moving thread or what :haha:

Well started spotting this afternoon so I guess I am out again. Not that its a shock or anything. DH turned said 'is it worth even trying anymore' when he found out. This has made me quite sad. If we dont try, have we given up???

Delly what are you taking at the moment then, sorry, I thought you were already sniffing :dohh:

Come on girls, whos going to be our first BFP :winkwink:

Hi girls,

Gosh this thread moves so quick.

:happydance: yay princess, brill news.

Sam what's a PIE, am I just being totally dumb :wacko:

Delly not long to go now, good luck hun.

Trask good luck hun :thumbup:

Tinks it's so disheartening isn't it :hugs:

AFM we have had a change of heart on immune treatment. Hubby really doesn't want me to do it, too controversial, not enough research and not enough trials, not sure of the long term consequences and the side effects scare the hell out of me. SO we are just going for a normal fresh cycle again. So that means that hopefully we should be able to get going with things in Sept, finger crossed. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->