IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

got my confirmed negative yesterday, so now i wait for the next full IVF cycle. no frosties left. i distracted myself by going and getting my eyes LASIK'd right after the blood draw , so hurray for vision.

good luck to you all and hopefully there will be a december/ january/ february thread going when i can join in again

Hope - I am an identical twin and they dont run in the family, they say id twins can happen to anyone :thumbup: I may be eating my words but I dont feel stressed at all about the thought of coping with 2 babies, maybe I am crazy. I am however worried about child care and if I would still be able to work. Like ST said though if we get the chance then I may go woth my heart and worry later :winkwink: Hope I could defo feel my ovaries doing something almost straight away :thumbup:

We will only be allowed 2 anyway if they are not top quality. It is always 1 if they take them to blast as well.

AQ - I like the sound of your day :thumbup: enjoy it.

Rosa - Glad you are feeling better. Monday does sound very hettic for you hun and on your day off :dohh: Make sure you dont get yourself worked up though on the way, you need to be calm :hugs: Happy birthday to DH.

Doodar - Being this chilled can only be a good thing, anything different must be good also :thumbup: I am sorry though, I personally dont think that a numb finger is a pregnancy symptom :haha:

Well on the sofa now with a hot water bottle and watching men in black. I am feeling a bit better bt still delicate. Maybe a take away again tonight, I am being so naughty recently. Do you think I could be do harm having a few take aways???

So sorry CanAmFam. I hope you can get going again asap :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aww, so sorry for your negative Can :hugs: I wish you all the best with your next cycle.

Tinks, I don't think a couple of takeways will do you any harm at all. Don't worry.

got my confirmed negative yesterday, so now i wait for the next full IVF cycle. no frosties left. i distracted myself by going and getting my eyes LASIK'd right after the blood draw , so hurray for vision.

good luck to you all and hopefully there will be a december/ january/ february thread going when i can join in again

I'm so sorry dear, that is just sad :nope: Just know that you have a great support system here! :hugs:

Happy birthday to your DH Rosa! Hope you have a lovely evening!

Can I'm so sorry you got a negative. Hope the wait goes quick for you to try again :hugs:

Tinks :haha: take aways will be fine! Well I hope so anyway coz I've had enough of em! :haha:

Oh canam. I'm so sorry. :hugs: Do you have good insurance? Glad to hear you can do another cycle. :thumbup: How long will you have to wait to start a new one?

tinks, Monday isn't hectic, just annoying. The clinic is only 25 minutes away, it's just annoying to get up early to start drinking water. :dohh: I'm actually doing fine. I'm not worrying too much, just trusting that my embies are doing well. :thumbup:

I think "take away" (is that like our take out or delivery?) is just fine. We had chipotle last night (yummmmm!!!!) and if I'm feeling up to it, going to our favorite brew pub tonight for dh's bday.

Hey girl, I am okay just getting ready to start stimming in a few days! I am hoping that I can mix the Menopur correctly :dohh: Other than really sore boobies :holly: I am hanging in there! How are you dear? :flower:

Exciting time, stimming. That part goes really quickly.

I sure hope so!!! hahaha :flower:

CanAmFam- I am so sorry for your negative test but im loving your positive attitude! you will soon be going again and yay for laser eye surgery! gave my mum her sight back a few yrs ago after being blind for 3yrs with advanced cataracts so will always be thankful she was given her sight back and enjoyed the last few yrs of her life x

Lou- The pains u have described are EXACTLY what im feeling! lol x

Tinks- I am sure a takeaway will do no harm hun! look at the crap most teenage girls eat/drink an the teenage pregnancy rate does not seem to be effected... lol x

Well girls i watched my movies and now im preparing the meal for later. Im being naughty as have got iced donuts for dessert! lol. We need a treat now an again eh?
Almost time for my 4th stimms jab! its going nice and fast now xxx

Thank you Pet, EC was not that bad at all. Please try not to worry. I was in a fairly bit of pain last night but it is easing now and nothing too unbearable.

Hope - That was an eventfull first jabby :haha::haha::haha: Love that you are using my bowling pin reference :thumbup: I hope that to nights goes better. Your meds do sound fiddly though :growlmad:

Kelly - I would call the clinic also, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

AFM - As I said I am feeling better today, had a pretty rough night but that was also down to worry also. I am still bloated and tender but ok and I can walk straight at the minute :thumbup:

We have had the call and We have 3 embryos going well. 5 out of 7 were mature enough to use, 1 didn't fertilise and 1 grow abnormally.

She mentioned that if all 3 are top quality on Monday then they could take them to day 5 blast but DH and I dont think we want to do this with just 3. We are going to go for day 3 transfer no matter what. We have done some research and with my age there is no evidence to suggest a blast would be better and we should stand a better chance of getting a snow baby. Plus I think they are better with me. We may be allowed 2 back also if they are both not top grade. So many things to consider :wacko: My heart would love twins, I am a twin and just love it but my head is thinking of finances :shrug: We may not even get 2 as option anyway.

Zowie - The wait really is agony. How are you today?

Traskey, Lou - How are you???

Thanks dear! I am sure it will be fine, I am just psyching myself out I guess :shrug: That would be great if you had twins!!! I am debating 2 embryos myself if we can! :happydance: Hope you start to feel better hun! :flower:

Hope, I couldn't help but laugh, because your story sounds a lot like mine! I was silently sobbing and when my very calm dh looked up he's like oh honey it's going to be fine. Then he made some dumb joke and proceeded to poke himself which made me laugh even harder! :haha: It'll get MUCH easier. The first few jabs were hard for me, and then I got used to them. Mixing is a pain in the butt, but it also gets easier. I didn't notice anything an hour afterwards because I was already fast asleep. :sleep: I did notice some movement the next day though. It works fast!

Pet, don't worry about the egg collection. It was so not a big deal for me. Everyone is different, I know, but I was in no pain apart from some af like cramps. Ask for some tylonol with codeine and make sure you have your heating pad ready and you'll be just fine.

Kelly, how are you feeling today?

Thanks so much! They prescribed me Vicodin so we will see how that works! :winkwink:

ST, I plan to just chill on transfer day. I took the transfer day and the next day off from work, but only because I teach music and my job is very active all day long. I want to just chill. I am teaching piano lessons the night of the transfer though. They're at my house, and no movement involved. :thumbup: I think you can still do normal things just take it easy. I'm not going to lie around all day though. I'll probably be up and doing some light house work or something.

Doodar, glad you're relaxed! I love how we all symptom spot! :haha: I've never heard of a numb finger being a symptom, but you never know!!

Tinks, I think you're making a smart decision with the 3 day transfer. They're safer inside of you. :thumbup: How are you feeling today?

Afm, feeling good this morning! No need for pain killers. I am still in bed with my heating pad on, but that's because it feels so good and I'm lazy! :haha: No phone call yesterday, which annoys me, but every clinic is different I guess. So, basically I'll find out as I'm driving to the clinic if I have my transfer on Monday morning. I have to get up at 7 to start drinking water (on my day off, thank you very much) and wait for a call while my bladder is about to burst. Lovely. They all seemed to think it would be on Wednesday though, so we'll see.

Today is my dh's bday. :cake: He doesn't want anything. He wants to be out of debt. :wacko: Well that's nice, but I can't wrap that up and give it to you in a pretty box. :haha: So, I think we'll go out for dinner and a movie and celebrate with a nice progesterone shot in the a** tonight. :rofl:

Thanks so much! They prescribed me Vicodin so we will see how that works! :winkwink:

Evening all!
Sound like some of us have had nice relaxing/lazy days! I'm also in front of the TV!
Tinks-don't worry about takeaways, I have been less healthy after ec, than I was before, I don't know why! DH is making steak and homemade chips, and oh god he has jus come in with a cheesecake!! damm it!

AQ-glad stimming is going well! I love iced do-nuts but krispy cremes in particular! It's so annoying as no where near me sells them!

Rosa-Happy B day to your DH! :cake: enjoy your meal! How annoying about the clinic not ringing you! My clinic said to me that I can have a wee before i leave and then sip water on the way so by the time I get there my bladder will be almost full. Maybe you could do that? though I suppose it depends on journey time! it doesn't take much water to fill my bladder tho!!x

Evening to everyone else! trask, doodar, loopy, pet, princess if your about!

AFM-transfer at 8.15 am so early start! can't believe I will soon be pupo how strange! I don't think we have ever got this far before (an embryo in me!)! a strange feeling...
Thanks everyone on the advice about resting/ not resting. I think I will go to my mum's bday meal! I can still rest all day and then I will just be sitting on a chair or sofa. At least no one can ask me to help with anything!xx

Oh canam. I'm so sorry. :hugs: Do you have good insurance? Glad to hear you can do another cycle. :thumbup: How long will you have to wait to start a new one?

Our insurance covers nothing fertility wise, it has all been out of pocket. that is why we have to wait until january :\ . We have no funds left at all for another go at the moment. We are very lucky to have had a grandmother that badly wanted us to have a family. She passed away during our first IVF round that ended in MC. she left us some money, that will be let out in chunks at the first of the year each year, which is why we will have to wait until then. i know we are fortunately to have that as an out. i know some folks have no funds, and no insurance. id LOVE to have them pass the IVF tax credit.. but it will never happen :( . 13,000 a year rebate would be so fantastic. i feel terrible at this point having wasted all of this money for no result.

if i had the cash to blow, i could technically start down regging today and start lurpon in about 20 days, but there is no way i can afford the ER without selling stocks -- hubby doesnt want to do that. our first Full IVF round (with retrieval) ran about 18000 after meds, and office visits. the ER surgery and ICSI fertilization section was only about 12,000.

When we go have a talk with the doctor, i may ask to start down regging in December, so the large chunk of surgery is done in january when funds will be available. id much rather have a transfer in mid january instead of late february. hopefully then we would have a September or October baby :\ so depressing thinking it may be another year (most likely more) before this gets us a larger family. ( IF it does)

in the mean time ill try to monitor and see if i ovulate at all on my own, which i wont ><

have a wonderful weekend, and happy thanksgiving to any Canadians out there. i wish i was back home :\

Canam, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. :hugs: What a blessing that she left you money for this though. Does it cover all of the costs? December is just around the corner, so hopefully the time will fly for you. I think it's ridiculous that ivf isn't covered for everyone. :nope: I really feel for the ladies who have to pay out of pocket. Like we are choosing to have infertility issues. :ninja:

Can so sorry to hear about your result. Good for you on the LASIK though and I hope you can start another cycle soon.

Tink take out sounds great, now is the time to treat ourselves :)

AQ we'll be scanning before we know it!

St. Dinner at your house sounds yummy! Good luck for tomorrow honey :dust:

Rosa that is such a pain that you have to get up and drink when you might not actually have transfer that day.

How much water does it take to have a nearly full bladder anyway? I'm really not looking forward to that bit, I never leave home without making sure my bladder is empty :lol:

They say 6-8 cups or something like that. My other paper said the ounces, so I did about in the middle. I was so full that I was close to tears and couldn't stand up straight that the nurse said to empty a little or they wouldn't be able to get the speculum in. :haha: I said gladly. After that the doc was like it's still pretty full, and that I didn't need to be that full for the real transfer. So I'll probably drink the least amount this time.

CanAmFam- Happy Thanksgiving to you and i truly hope that your next cycle works out well for you x

Hope- I dont need a full bladder as its a internal scan as far as im aware. My clinic does not use US for EC either so no need for a full bladder then i assume? il have to ask. x

Rosa and Tinks- Hope your still feeling fine x

ST- Wishing you tons of luck for tomorrow! this time tomorrow u are pupo! x

Well iv had another tearful day. Just trying to settle down a bit an watch Xfactor now with dh. Had a nice meal and having my donut now which is lovely as has coconut cream filling! nom nom. Tonights jabs went well. Only felt a little pinch with left sided jab which was my burserlin. The menopur didnt hurt one bit xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->