IVF/ICSI in July

Interesting you say that Starbright - DH is also into cycling. I have been telling him for ages to cut back as it cant be doing his boys any good. Im sure i've read its bad for mens fertility?

Glad there are so side effect so far!

So Lelaini, which one of us is the oldest now we have sorted the youngest?? My birthday is March.

Blue that does indeed sound high - plenty of eggies then from you! Hope you ge tthe go ahead later!

March 2 - so unless you are March 1 - you're the old-timer :winkwink:

blue - I am going to be stimming using Puregon too.

Just got my meds - I am stimming with puregon and menopur. That is awesome that we are both on puregon Leilani. I used it for 10 days with my iui cycle and it is so easy. I didn't mind it at all and it made me feel like I was actually contributing to the ttc process - since the conventional way never got me there.

Hi Ladies,

I am 28 - pretty close Chesca - so far you are the youngest lol.

I just got back from my fertility clinic. Got my amh results 33.5 - crazy - on the scale it is very high but just below being a very dangerous level for ivf/icsi. Now it is just hoping for good quality, fertilization, implantation, etc. etc.

I had blood taken this morning to see if I ovulated (fxd that I did and that my blood shows it). They will call me later today to let me know. AND if I did ovulate then I can take my first injection today she said!!! I hope so badly - lets get this DR going!!!

I am really surprised that I am going to be stimming using PUREGON. That is what I used when I did my iui. So she said I will be injecting my DR (lupron) right up until EC. I will be doing Puregon from when I get my period until EC and I will be injecting a third injection (I didn't ask what it is called lol). So I will have 3 injections a day to do! That is crazy lol!

What are you ladies using to stim?

:hugs:

Hiya Blue,

My amh count was 38, obviously very high but I was OK during the treatment. I was doing 2 injections a day, bless you for doing 3. You'll be fine though, once you get the first few out the way you get used to it.
When do you find out when you can start??

Chesca xxxx

Close Leilani but you win the crown. March 8th for me so just a few days in it!

I am starting tomorrow - tues!!!

Thanks Chesca for sharing your amh. May I ask - why your fresh cycle ET was cancelled? You said you were unwell after EC. My doc said if ohss happens then they may have to wait a month and do fet. Did you have ohss or something else?

Thanks.

That sounds like a paint colour Angel lol. Cool Blue. :)

Hi Blue - see you're starting today. How you doing so far? I've found that the synarel is realllly irritating my nose today. I'm quite headachey and really tired too. Dunno if that's the synarel or the heat though!

Hi All

I will be 37 in October this year. My pal has had twin girls at 41 she only had 3 eggs at EC and they were the only 2 that were good enough, so as the girls here have said it does only take one egg, or two hahha. My OH cycles about 60 miles every other day, he has strong swimmers but after what I have read up on, will also be putting him on wellman, to be on the save side.

Good luck ladies I see some of you are already DR. We find out tomorrow if we will be going down the IVF route I will update you, and will be back bothering you all with questions again.

Oh the twin girls will were 5.9 and 6.8 first go at IVF and 41, I think just goes to show you we are all in strong sitiuations and I can't wait to see you results.

Love Zxx

That sounds like a paint colour Angel lol. Cool Blue. :)

Or perhaps a nursery colour!!

Hope those of you who have already started are doing ok. Can i ask, when you sniff, what do you do - put something up your nose, inhale something or what?? Im confused!!

Zoom, hope you hear the news you want tomorrow and of course, ask all the questions you need!

I'm off to get my drug training and drug pick-up (and pay) this afternoon - eek! I wish I was sniffing to down-reg - sounds much more pleasant than the twice daily injections I'm getting!

Good luck tomorrow Zoom.

I am starting tomorrow - tues!!!

Thanks Chesca for sharing your amh. May I ask - why your fresh cycle ET was cancelled? You said you were unwell after EC. My doc said if ohss happens then they may have to wait a month and do fet. Did you have ohss or something else?

Thanks.

Hiya Blue,

Of course I don't mind you asking! I haven't actually told anyone why ET got cancelled, not because I didn't want to share, just beacuse I don't want to freak all of you out. What happened to me wasn't the norm and I didn't want to scare any of you. I am more than happy to share my EC experience with you all but some may find this distressing so it's totally up to you guys if you want to know. Please don't be worried though, what happend to me is very very very rare!!

Chesca xxx

Blue - Hope all is going well today - good luck with the injections!! xx

Starbright - possibly could be the heat! I've been like that too today!

xxx

Geez Chesca, im intrigued now! Sorry if it was traumatic for you in any way. I am happy to hear if you are happy to share as i guess we all have to know there is rough with the smooth.

I'm happy for you to share Chesca. Fore-warned is fore-armed and all that.

Are you all packed and ready for your holiday? I coud do with some sun - we've had rain nearly every day for the past month, and a thick frost yesterday!

Chesca I too would love to hear - just in case it could happen - and to be supportive.xo

My first DR injection was ok. For some reason it didn't glide in as easy as my injections before - yuck - I had a moment of worry and then just did it. Then I headed straight for an acupuncture session. Now I am just having dinner - then I am heading to a meditation session that my clinic is offering to try for free.

Leiliana - What injection are you DR with? I am using lupron.

:hugs: to all!!! Can't wait till everyone is started!!!

Hi Blue - I'm DR with Buserelin and then 2 days later I satrt the Puregon (or it might be Gonal F - I guess I'll find out when I get my drugs later today).

Whe you do your injection training, do you actually stick a needle in yourself, or just pretend?

Each time I went to injection training I didn't get to stick the needle in myself. One thing I did was ask the nurse to watch me go through the steps and let me know if I have it right. To be honest I combined the "training" that I was given, along with reading the info sheets that come with the injections, and I found many videos on it on youtube. When is your training Leilani?

Just had it about 2 hours ago Blue.

The nurse went through it all with me, and got me to fill the syringe for the buserlin and practice using the Puregon pen, I then got to stick an empty syringe in my stomach! I know loads of people say the needles are nothing, but I didn't really believe it, but it's true! I couldn't even feel it when I stuck it in! I guess I was thinking the needle would be like the ones they take your blood with (or the ones you sew a button on with), but it looks more like our cat's whickers! Maybe my layer of insulation helped.

So we have a fridge full of drugs - though she said I didn't need to keep the progesterone suppositries in the fridge as that would just be mean! And I am now the proud owner of a $5K cooler bag!

Hi All

Why do some of you sniff and some do injections when DR?

Hope yesterday went well Blue and not long Leilani till you start, wow this is really moving now. Sorry Chesca about what happened to you, and I am sure it would only be a benefit for people to know what happened.

Thanks for all the words of goodluck ladies it is very sweet of you, espically as it is nothing to do with IVF and you are all at a very intense stage.
Good luck all
Love Zoe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"