IVF/ICSI in July

Chesca, 4 frosties is great. We are medicated. I started sniffing today, so have 6 weeks of meds before me before any whiff of a transfer.

Starbright and blue, have you tried drinking more? The DRing can dehydrate you and make the headaches worse. I try and drink 3 litres a day while sniffing. Hope your not suffering too badly.

Leilani, good luck for injecting. Wow, you have a lovely short schedule! I'm jealous!! Hope its all going smoothly.

Lots of :dust: to you all :flower:

Just a quickie to say hi as I've just got back from my hols. I'm due to start sniffing for DR on 31st so just a couple of days to go. Is there anything you think I should be doing to get ready or during DH? I've heard that I should be drinking lots or is that just during stims does anyone know?

I'm having my last glass of wine for quite some time tonight. Let's hope its the last for a year or so, eh?!

Just a quickie to say hi as I've just got back from my hols. I'm due to start sniffing for DR on 31st so just a couple of days to go. Is there anything you think I should be doing to get ready or during DH? I've heard that I should be drinking lots or is that just during stims does anyone know?

I'm having my last glass of wine for quite some time tonight. Let's hope its the last for a year or so, eh?!

I think you need to chaek your scedule - June only had 30 days - you may be starting sooner than you think!!! :winkwink:

Hope you had a good break.

All I know about is the water!

:blush: Thanks Leilani, I got confused as it was supposed to be the 21st originally but yep start on Wednesday. Doh! Just 3 more sleeps then....

Its starting to get busy on here now - most of us have started or are just about to!

Caline, i see you started today - hope all went well. Sorry it looks like you never got switched from the medicated like you wanted!

Baby Christie, hope you had a lovely time. Nice to recharge the batteries just before you get going!

Springflower, dont work too hard, although its nice to have something to keep your mind of TTC!

Leilani, how you doing? Back to drugs again tomorrow for you!

Starbright & Blue, hope you got those headaches under control! Water water and more water seems to help everything in this game!

Sorry if i have forgotten anyone but right about now, im getting myself into a tiz about all this again as the day looms ever nearer!

Im on what the clinic call Flare Antagonist (i think thats just short protocol??) Basically pill for 7 days , five days drug free(???), 3 days suprefact then Gonalf (2x last dose!) and loads more scans and bloods by the look of it.

Hi Girls

I've just come across this thread and I was wondering if you would mind if I join you all? I'm about to start IVF/ICSI on the long protocol and I start DR with Buserelin injections tomorrow morning. Yeay! :happydance:

This will be my second go at ICSI. It worked first time before (that's another story) so I'm really praying that I haven't use all my luck up and it will work again this time too.

Hope everyone is ok

Sue x

Hi Sue and welcome. As you can see, your times fit in nicely as some of us are just gearing up to start as well while others already have.

So how long ago did you last do ICSI?

Welcome Sue - glad to have another in here!

Today was day 7 of DR - not too bad just usual mild headache and hot flashes - trying to get lots of water in - but still have the mild headache. I feel like af is close by - I hope she gets hear quickly so I can start the next step!

Hi sue and welcome. :)
Blue i'm a day ahead of you i'm on day 8 of dr today. Af has shown up. :( seems worse than normal. Maybe due to the drugs?
Thanks for all the support ladies. It's lovely to talk to people going through this at the same time. :) take care all xxx

Hey Star - so now that you have af - what is your schedule looking like - when do you start stims? when/do you have a baseline scan? you continue to dr too right?

Thanks everyone.

Angel223 - I actually did ICSI for the first time exactly a year ago. bit spooky how the timing has worked out again.

Starbright -from what I can remember the heavier your AF during DR the better as your lining needs to be quite thin before stimming.

Blue12 - hope AF shows up for you soon

21 hours til my first injection - not that I'm counting. I'm expecting AF to show today or tomorrow (or even the next day), and the nusre said it'll either be lighter, heavier, non-existent or the same as normal - which I think just about covers all eventualities!

Glad nobody is sufferring too much with the DR yet?

I've a question for you ladies, do your other halfs produce their "sample" at home or the clinic? We are undecided what to do, we only live 5 mins from the clinic, but the clinic has better "facilities" than we do at home - also our house is really cold, and I bet the room at the clinic is warm with a comfy chair!

21 hours til my first injection - not that I'm counting. I'm expecting AF to show today or tomorrow (or even the next day), and the nusre said it'll either be lighter, heavier, non-existent or the same as normal - which I think just about covers all eventualities!

Glad nobody is sufferring too much with the DR yet?

I've a question for you ladies, do your other halfs produce their "sample" at home or the clinic? We are undecided what to do, we only live 5 mins from the clinic, but the clinic has better "facilities" than we do at home - also our house is really cold, and I bet the room at the clinic is warm with a comfy chair!

LOL Dont you just love how they do that - seems it international!

DH does his at the clinic although i think he was not very impressed as the door had no lock and he could hear people coming up and down the corridor! Im guessing the fresher the better as i know when DH did his first test for our GP we had a 40 min drive to the test facility and that was borderline. As you live so close, i dont think it will matter - he may as well be comfy!

Sue if you dont mind me being nosy, what was the result last time?

Hi girls, do you mind if I join? I am supposed to start my ICSI protocol once :witch: arrives, which will likely be by mid July.

Bizy I am so excited to see you here - although of course I wish it was different.

Dh does his sample at our clinic - but we have been debating the idea of having a frozen sample ready ahead of time - in case anything goes wrong with the sample on the day of - although my clinic says it really isn't necessary and it has a fee of $400 to pay for "storage". I just can't fathom how I would feel if we got tons of eggs and then couldn't do anything with them if for some reason there was a bad sample I would be very upset.

Welcome Sue and Bizybee.

Starbright, AF on down regging can be heavier and longer :growlmad: Hang in there. Its a great sign as it shows you hormones are baseline, yay!!

Leilani, we weren't given the option for DH to do sample away from the clinic. If you only live 5 mins away they may be happy for him to do it at home, then go straight in with it. You're very lucky living so close!

Blue, I can see your point on the frozen sperm thing. If it is going to worry you and make you more anxious then maybe it might be worth paying for the storage. Does the freezing process effect the sperm at all? Is your DH ok about doing a sample on the day? I mean, if he's anxious about it then maybe its best all round. My husband was soooo nervous on the day, and to be honest, had this been an option we probably would have taken it.

I'm on day 3 of down regging. Just a mild headache this morning, other than that, all good :thumbup:

Hi Bizybee, lovely to have you with us. Very sorry to see your history - hope everything works out this time!

Thanks Sue and caline - that makes sense - it's much heavier than normal. And also way more painful. But at least it may be a good sign :)

Blue I've got my baseline scan next Monday (5th) and of that goes ok I should start stimming the next day I think.

Ooh Leilani it's getting close! Good luck hon :) DH does his sample at the clinic. They give him the option to 'produce' it at home but it has to get there within
30 minutes, which is just not possible as we live too far away.

Hi Bizybee and welcome. Good luck for your upcoming icsi.

Angel hope you're doing ok.

Hugs and love to anyone I've missed out!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->