IVF/ICSI in July

I don't think it's weird at all SpringFlower! I feel the same way. I think it's good to have someone else there to watch and listen.

I went to injection training on my own, as DH was at work (though could have come along) and he really doen't like needles/injections/blood tests!

My nurse was great, she went through everything slowly and a couple of times, then I had to too, before putting an empty syring in my stomach! In my drug bag were additional instructions with illustrations to refer too if need be. My nurse said that if I find myself asking a question and being unsure of the answer, then I was to ring them, as it's not my job to make decisions.

What size are your needles? mine are 12.7mm long and .33mm thick. 29 Guage.

Did my first Puregon injection last night - which is administered with a pen (though the needle is the same size as the syringes). I held it like I was stabbing myself, and found it easier to use my left hand to push it in, as it rotates as opposed to going straight down ifkwim!

DH came to the training as he was the one doing the injections - i hate the things and cannot stand to even look! It does no harm to have someone there is case you miss something - 2 heads and all that!

Way to go Springflower - step in the right direction!

Good luck for Mon Starbright!

Leilani - i actually have no idea what my pills are for as i still have down reg and stims meds! I have looked up the name and they appear to be contraceptives??
Dont you find the pen stings a bit more?

Hope you are all doing good.

Yep - the pen does seem to sting a bit more! I was put on the pill for just over three weeks, with a 3 day break before I started the down reg jabs. Five days sounds much more reasonable.

Springflower - I didn't do needle training this time around, but as Leilani said, there were good written instructions in the needle bag and the nurses said to ring in if I needed any help. No one will bat an eyelid if you bring your mum along though - don't worry you'll be shooting up like a pro in no time!

Leilani - hope the first stimming injection went ok. I agree that pen seems worse than the needles. I'm also suspicious that I've given the right dose. You're on the exciting bit now.

Starbright - lots of luck for your scan on Monday

Hope everyone else is is doing ok.

I'm definitely getting more DR symptoms this time. Poor DH is not enjoying my mood swings much either! Has anyone else felt faint or nauseous about an hour after doing the injections?

Have a nice weekend

Leilani – How are the stim injections going – what is you anticipated EC date? I thought the puregon pen hurt way less that my lupron injection lol – everyones different lol.

Bizy – I hope your af is close by too! You must be itching to start!

Starbright – Sorry to hear you had a rough week. It looks like we continue to be on the same schedule – my baseline scan is Monday morning too! Good luck – we are one step closer.

Sprinflower – I have brought my mom to a number of appts. I had the same thinking I am not a kid anymore – yet going through this makes me feel vulnerable at times and so a mom is the perfect person to comfort you. And I just think this is so special that we have our moms and that kind of relationship.

Sue – Sorry to hear how you are feeling with DR. I always felt the effects at about an hour after too – yet I will sound crazy but I liked to think that I knew things were working if I felt something lol.

I am back from my friends wedding – It was beautiful. On Friday I ended up with a huge bruise when I injected – my first bruise yet. AF arrived today, so I have my baseline scan on Monday!!!!!!!!!! And we did decide to do a frozen sample as a back up plan!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Girls, what day are you having your transfer done?

Last time around, my clinic only offered 3 day but since then they have introduced blasto stage transfers.

I know this has better chances but they have rules like you must have at least 6 embies by day 3 and they must be at least 6 cells. I will be so disappointed if i dont meet the criteria as last time i only had 3 eggs to start with!

My clinic only does 5-day blasties unless it looks like the embryos won't make it that long, or if there is only 1 embryo - in those cases they'll pop it back in on day 3, as better in than out! So we are hoping for a blastie, but it also means that it's more likely they'll not be many/any left to freeze.

My clinic only does day 3 transfers - unless you demand day 5 blastie transfer and that you have the eggs/fertilization to go ahead with this.

I was worried that day 5 was better than day 3 - but I think the success rates are very comparable... check this out...
Results from LTTTC
https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...vf-icsi-day-many-did-you-have-transfered.html
Results from First Tri
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...vf-icsi-day-many-did-you-have-transfered.html

Hi girls, I've been away for the weekend so just back checking how you are all doing.

Sue - it does look like we are on a similar plan. I am hoping AF should come by the end of this week so baseline should be next week sometime. On the question of drinking, I had a couple of glasses of wine last week. As I haven't had any real symtoms during DR I didn't think it would make me feel bad and although I probably should be doing absolutely everything I can to make this work, I've been doing this for so long I can't put everything on hold every time I do some treatment. I will definitely cut out all alcohol as soon as I start stimming and probably after AF has come. My thinking is that its better to be relaxed!!

Blue - so glad that AF has showed and good luck with your scan. Let us know when you are going to start stimming! It's getting very exciting now!

Angel - We are hoping to get to blasto stage as our doc prefers to do that as his success rates are higher with a 5 day transfer but if things are looking difficult and there are not that many embies (unfortunately likely for me because I have a low AMH count) we may go for day 2-3.

Springflower - I totally agree with trying to have someone with you. I'm hoping that DH will be able to come with me just in case I forget!

I'm now on 6th day of DR but haven't really had any side effects. Whilst that's good, because I'm sniffing I'm now paranoid that I'm not doing it right and that the drugs aren't going in. I'd really like some symptoms so that I at least feel SOMETHING! Anyone else without symptoms???

x

Hi everyone
Blue how did your scan go today? Do you know when you will start stimming?
I have got to keep DR for another week as the womb lining isn't thin enough yet and there's still some fluid. So I've got to have another baseline next week and see if there has been an improvement.
How are the rest of you going? xx

Hi ladies,

Went for my final scan this morning and I have lots of lovely big follies ready for collection at 8am on Wednesday :happydance::happydance::happydance:

They are a bit worried about how many are in there and the jump in size and numbers since Friday's scan so I am not stimming again...they've asked me only to use my Synarel this evening, plus my mega HCG injection at 10pm tonight.

Am scared, excited, anxious all rolled in one, with a very bloated and tender tummy! Also am totally exhausted!

Fingers and toes crossed that the follies they saw today contain some eggs on Wednesday [-o<xxx

Wishing well - fxd for you and lots of :dust:

Starbright - that is too bad that you have to DR for a bit longer - but good that they are taking the right steps.

BabyChristie - I had mild headaches with DR but otherwise really not anything either. Goodluck!

I am on cd3 af has been so heavy.
I went for my baseline scan today. I have 46 follies. 25 follies on my right and 21 on my left. Yikes that seems to be a lot, which kind of concerns me. Another thing that I feel a bit concerned about is that I have one follicle already at size 10(they said it is not a problem at all but I feel a bit worried). Also my lining is still quite thick at 7 - I didn't ask them if that is a problem. ***I wonder if I will have to DR longer like you Starbright***

Wishingwell - fantastic news! Good luck for Wednesday, hope it all goes well and you get some lovely eggs.

Blue - I've heard AF can be a bit of a nightmare after DR, but hope you are ok. Excellent that you have so many follies. My clinic has said that if there is a big 'lead' follie during stims, then it is possible to 'let that one go' so in some way trigger that one or let it get too big and then concentrate on the smaller ones so that you get more. It's rare but they said its possible. They do everything they can to get the highest numbers. Did you have an AMH test at all? Just wondered how your numbers compare with your level is you know it? All looks great tho so fingers crossed everything goes well over the next couple of weeks.

x

I got the go ahead to start stims today. I am kind of nervous. I used to be really quick at injecting for DR - but now it is 3 needles and some mixing involved.

BabyChristie - My amh was 33.5 which was in the high range which seemed to compare to my ovarian reserve the last 2 cycles (I had about 30 follies on day 3 the last 2 cycles) so I was very surprised today to find that I had 46 much more than my usual 30!

2 hours until I do all my injections lol.

:hugs: to all!

Blue - that's excellent news but its all happened so quickly today, you must be in a bit of a state of shock! As we've said, DR is so surreal that stimming in a couple of hours must feel really weird. Really exciting though - loads of follies and you could be PUPO in a little over 2 weeks......:happydance::happydance: Good luck with the injections. When will the first scan be now?

Your AMH versus follie count is really interesting and gives me hope. If your figures can be so different, then maybe there's hope for me and my AMH of 7.27...... :shrug:

Blue - congrats on starting your stimms and on getting all those follies already. Hope the new injection goes well

Wishing Well - :dust: for wednesday. I'm sure you're going to get lots of lovely eggs.

Starbright - sorry about your scan, but better to get everything right now :hugs:

BabyChristie - I had absolutely no DR symptoms last time and it worked fine. What is AMH testing? - they don't do that at our hospital.

Angel - We're going to play it by ear with the transfer day this time round, depending on quality & quantity of any embies on day 3.

Leilani - Hope the stimms are going well

AF is due tomorrow but no signs as yet. Our hospital pre-books the baseline scan weeks in advance so mine will be fixed for next tuesday whether she turns up or not. My lining is normally too thick so I really want a heavy AF this time around. Its quite funny saying that when I think of how often I used to curse getting AF at all in the past :wacko:

x

That is what I am thinking BabyChristie! DR does something to help increase numbers.

My next scans are on cd 7 Friday, cd 9 Sunday, and cd 11 Tuesday.

Hi girls! I was away for the weekend. Glad to hear all seems to be going well.

I'm still waiting for :witch:. I'm coming up on 7 weeks and I'm getting impatient! I'm going to give it another week or so, then I'm calling the Dr. again!

Did my first stim injections, 2 of them plus 1 dr still - ugh not fun at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->