IVF/ICSI in July

Wishing well - good luck with the big one tonight and of course wed!

Blue - wow great numbers there - i can only wish! 3 jabs - NASTY!

Starbright its sooo fustrating when you just want to keep moving ahead!

Bizy & Sue - hope AF shows soon !

Im a bit concerned about my treatment this time around. I had nurse app day before starting, have my schedule but dont see a Dr till 21st after down reg and stims and only then will i have a scan to determine my EC date!! Perhaps im worrying about nothing but im interested to hear all your comments!

Hello All, it's been busy in here over night!

Glad to hear we are (almost) all on the train now - sorry the witch hasn't got you yet Bizzy.

Wishing Well - FX for Weds.

BabyChristie - just had a look on my AMH chart, and you are in a slightly beter position than I am, you are just on the 25th percentile (on the cusp between 80% chance of 6+ eggs and 50% chance of 6+), whereas I'm more like 18th percentile! I don't think you can accurately compare follicle count to the AMH number. Blue is borderring on the 90th percentile - so if you use her as a standard, you should get up to 8-13 follicles and I should get 6-9. AMH is still a relatively not-widely researched/reported measure, so I'm trying not to get too bogged down by what it could mean.

Can any of you ladies feel your ovaries working/shutting down? I think I can, but it could be in my head!

I had my first blood test yesterday, and my E2 level was 359 pmol/L (which is 98 on the pg/ml scale), which apparantly is a bit on the low side, but nothing to be concerned about - and after spending hours yesterday Googling it, I'm happy. Have my next blood test on Thursday and first (only?) scan on Fri or Saturday. It seems my clinic isn't big on doing scans, and only do 1 or 2 - I guess they know what they are doing! Sounds a bit like your place Angel, so I don't think we need to worry.

Ouch Blue! Hope you're not too sore.

Sorry Angel, I am no help with schedules. I do think it's a little odd that you won't have a scan while stimming though.

Leilani, glad your E2 level is nothing to be concerned about.

Good luck on Wed. Wishing Well!

BabyChristie, hope all is well.

Starbright, sorry you have to continue down regging.

Sue, hope :witch: showed!

I know that I am lucky to have such a high number but many people have said it is quality over quantity which makes me worry that I have a lot of nothing good.

I kind of felt like I could feel my ovaries shutting down - but man I can sure feel my ovaries already growing eggs - they are a it tender feeling and like they have a full and pulsating feeling OR........it is all in my head lol.

Sue - AMH is a blood test that some clinics do to try to predict how many follies you might get. It helps them decide how much and which drug you might need before you start. Mine is in the low part of low, so I know not to expect big numbers. I was devestated when I found out, but now I just accept it and have to hope for quality.

Bizybee - It sounds very strange saying it, but I hope AF shows soon!

Blue - ugh, all those injections sound nasty. I'm just going to be on menopur I think, but will find out properly when I'm shown how to inject I guess. I hope all those follies are growing nicely. Don't worry about quantity v quality - there's nothing to say that big numbers can't be of good quality, its not one or the other I don't think.

Leilani - thanks for the notes on AMH. My clinic haven't given me anything - just my number and the rest I've had to research. I really hope you are right about our chances - those numbers don't sound too bad do they? Should give us a good few anyway. I've forgotten what stage you are at - are you DR too?

Just want to say thanks girls, this is really helping me to become more positive about everything. :hugs: :hugs: Day 7 of DR now and have been feeling a bit crappy for the past 2 days. Quite hormonal too but I think this is just AF about to show which I'm really excited about - and that is SO strange because I've spent so long hoping she'll never show! Can't wait to join you guys stimming and scanning. Not long now....

I was upset by my AMH - especially as the clinic manager (an administrator, not a medical professional) gave them to me, and all she could say was what I was reading on my print-out she had given me a few days earlier. After speaking to our FS I felt a bit happier - even though he only said what I expected - it's a numbers game and it only takes one. The best bit was him saying it's not a reflection of quality, just quantity.

A lady on another forum is doing the same protocol as me, and we started on the same day. Her E2 level was about half mine, and if I'm honest, I'm really glad it wasn't higher than mine - is that wrong of me?

I'm sure it's not all in your head blue! Your ovaries have an important job to do!

BabyChristie, I know it's odd to want the :witch:, but hope this is your last one for a very long time!

Leilani, it's not wrong of you at all.

Hey Ladies :flower:

How are you all doing? Looks like everyone has started except for Bizy and I! I can't wait to join!! One week today and I'll have started my injections, so I'm not too far behind!

Work is a nightmare at the moment but at least it's keeping my mind off everything and time is passing quicker. I have to admit though, I'm starting to get scared, I keep telling myself it may not work but I'm terrified that it wont. I'm finding it difficult to not to dwell. This whole process makes me feel crazy!!:wacko:

Love to you all, I should be back on b&b properly from Friday when work goes into a quiet bit!

:hugs:

Leilani - I was upset too. Mine were given to me over the phone by a nurse how didn't really seem to appreciate how significant they were to me. My mum and gran both started their menopause really early at 38 and I'm 35 so I've always feared an early one. The AMH just seemed to confirm it, but she hardly gave me any info at all. The doc was good tho - emailed him and he said the same as yours - its a numbers game and hopefully we;ll have good quality. Really scared that as this might be a sign of the menopause approaching early that quality might be bad but keeping positive as much as poss.

Bizy - yes, I agree. Hopefully no more AF after this until late next year!

Springflower - sorry to hear work is busy but you'll be with us really soon. Its a hard slog but we'll keep each other going through it.

I'm a bit of a hormonal witch today - anyone else had this on DR or is it just bad PMT this month? Snapping DH's head off about everything and feel REALLY angry one minute, crying the next and then ok 5 mins later. Very weird. Hope this doesn't last long! Hurry up AF!!!

Baby Christie - im with you sister! Im not even on DR yet but im behaving like a total witch at the moment! Now i remember why i never got on with contraceptive pills in the past - im angry one moment, crying then laughing hysterically!!

Geez these hormones really can mess with your mind and body!

Ugh Angel, sorry you feel bad. I hate contraceptives!

Springflower, I hope we both can join the others soon. I'm starting to think I may be waiting until August afterall by the time witch shows. Stims are still a while from now!

BabyChristie & Angel - me too! I don't know how DH it through this last weekend, I've been all over the place!

Having read all your posts, I'm kind of glad I never got an AMH result as I know I would be agonising over that too. All I know is that I was at risk from OHSS last time because of the number of eggs and so they are cutting down my stimms dose this time. This makes me kind of worried but not thinking about it until I get going on that part.

AF started :happydance: & had a good acupuncture session tonight. Not much else to report

Love to everyone

Yay Sue! Glad AF arrived. I also don't know my AHM level and I'm probably better off!

Hello, I was wondering if I could join this thread? I start my down regging one week from today. I should have Egg Retrieval and Transfer the first week of August if all goes well. I am really excited but extremely nervous. DH and I have been trying since November 2008 and have had numerous medicated cycles and two IUIs. There are no major issues and we basically fall in the unexplained category. I am looking forward to actually having a chance to get pregnant this cycle! I'm really hoping for a BFP!! I am hoping we all have success :)

Welcome Deeni - I hope you get that bfp too!

Sue - Glad af arrived - I had acu tonight too!

:dust: to everyone!

Hey Deeni, nice to have you with us. I wish you all the best this cycle.

Hi Deeni! Welcome to the thread
Angel and Baby Christie - I've personally found the DR to be awful in terms of mood swings. I think that's why I took it so badly when I found out I've got to keep DR for longer. Yesterday I started crying when I was driving into work and someone overtook me. lol !
Blue hope the stimming is going ok.
How's everyone else?? xxxxx

Oh Starbright, that doesn't sound like fun - I hate being overtaken at the best of times - perhaps my FS was tipped off about my normal mood swings that they thought it best I did a short protocol!!

Do you believe that accupuncture works? I'm a bit sceptical, but so many of you seem to use it.

I didn't get much sleep last night - my left ovary was throbbing - it hasn't really let up all day - apart from an hour or so when the right one took over. I went to the gym and did 50 minutes on the stairclimber, which felt surprisingly good - might go again tomorrow, I can't see climbing stairs as being a bad thing to do, I'm steering clear of weights and abs though.

My next blood test is tomorrow morning, hoping for a big rise in E2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->