IVF/ICSI in July

Well it wasn't good news - but somehow not surprising. I have 4 good size follicles on my left ovary, an 18mm, 17mm, 15mm + 13mm, and absolutely nothing on my right ovary, much to the FS's surprise! For a while I've suspected it's a dud, but had nothing to prove it other than never really feeling anything on the right, but have only felt ovulation pains on the left (for the 6 cycles I was monitorring myself). My endometrial lining is currently 7.7, and they like this to be 8mm so close enough with a couple more days to go! I'm a bit, well quite a lot, upset by this, as it really reduces our chances of getting a blastie - let alone anything to freeze.

I picked up my Ovidrel injection and will be given instructions this arvo after they've seen the E2 results from this morning's blood test. Will probably trigger tomorrow night, so DH better clear his pipes tonight or tomorrow morning!

Hi Ladies - Thanks for the warm welcome. I am having a hard time catching up with where everyone is in their IVF cycle but I am pretty sure I am pretty far behind everyone! LOL. I start down regging on Tuesday so this is my last weekend that I can enjoy without any drugs. I plan on just relaxing and getting myself mentally ready.

Leilani - I can't believe you are so close to EC! It is almost here. I'm sorry you are disappointed with the number of follies but I have a good feeling for you! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending positive vibes!

I'm happy things are moving along for everyone. As Tuesday is quick approaching, I am getting nervous. If anyone has an advice on how to handle things please feel free to share. I need to get ahold of my nerves and get some PMA going.

I have a feeling this cycle is going to be tough. I feel for anyone who is going through it for the 2nd, 3rd, etc time. I am praying the first time is the charm for us and that we are all successful!

I'm sorry you're dissappointed with your folliciles Leilani, hopefully those four will be perfect.:hugs: Try not be down hearted chick. It's exciting that you are near though! I will keep everything crossed for you.

Deeni - Hiya! I too am starting DR on Tuesday and it's my first time also! :flower: Nerves wise I was bad last weekend, but am hoping I can be more chilled this weekend. I'm going to try and keep as busy as possible so I don't have time to think about it! Easier said than done!

Blue - I'm sure your folliciles will catch up, :hugs: Try not to worry chick.

Sorry everyone I have another question, is it better to inject in the morning or at night? I was thinking at night that way if you start to feel funny you might not notice as you're sleeping...

Love to you all, for those of you wating for AF I hope she gets a move on!!

Springflower, my clinic like injection in the morning but im nor sure it really matters as long as its at a time you can regularly keep to.

Leilani, i know its disappointing for you and its so boring to say it only takes one... but it really does. I hope some more follies catch up and you get a good number in the end. Good luck with the trigger - i cant believe you are almost there!

Deeni,Tues will be here before you know it! Have a nice relaxing weekend and do something to take your mind of it all!

Caline, my pills are Norethisterone - they help control the FSH levels i think. Took the last one last night so now expecting AF.
Im sorry you are being kept in suspension for their convenience - i know why they have to but its so annoying!

Yeah Baby Christie-AF has arrived! Good luck Tues.

Sammy - good luck - much better to get going than wait until October!

Thinking about you all and loving sharing the journey! xoxo

That's for your positive thoughts ladies. I feel a bit better now. On another forum I frequent, there was one lady who got a BFP from 2 follicles, and she said her FS did too, so that helps. I guess 4 is a good number, as they do say you only have a 25% chance of getting pregnant if everything is perfect (using conventional baby-making methods), so 4 should be enough.

Springflower - because of the protocol I'm on, I have no choice about when to take my drugs, I would imagine a lot of clinics will just tell you. Are you a good sleeper? I'm not and have had quite a few sleepless nights this week because of the throbbing from my left ovary, so I don't think I'd really prefer one over the other - as I do like feeling my ovaries doing something!

Deeni - I just try and keep myself (or my mind) busy - though I did have a day where I watched nothing but E! I think that numbed all my senses. It is all too easy to let your mind wander in a negative direction, I've also spent a lot of time looking at my wedding photos which always cheers me up.

Sammy - I've loved how quick my short protocol has gone - good luck! Whenever I see your pic I think you are naked, are you??

Hi everyone & thanks for your support. Sorry I've missed a couple of days

Blue & Leilani - don't be too disheartened by the scans. My best friend only had 2 follies and 1 egg collected but she still got her BFP and is due next week! :hugs:

Sammi - Hi & good luck with this cycle

Angel - hope everything is good with you. Are you ringing your clinic on Monday if AF hasn't started?

BabyChristie - yeay for AF starting & great news for getting the NHS prescription. This can all be so expensive.

Springflower - not long to go now!

Deeni - try not to get too stressed while you're waiting (easy to say I know). I'll probably be DRing forever so you won't be left behind.

Caline - Sorry to hear that you have to DR for so long.

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Have a nice weekend x

Springflower - I think there is no right time to inject lol. In the morning is good because it is much easier to fit into your schedule (like right when you wake up) but that means that you suffer all day with headaches and side effects. Afternoon or evenings are good because based on the clinics blood results they can adjust your dose for that same day. They are also good because you are usually in the comfort of your own home to deal with the side effects - that being said it may be hard to sleep.

I picked a stupid time of day 3:30 because my clinic wanted it in the evening but I had a couple of weddings to go to and dinners with friends and no one really knows about this so I can do it before and don't have to worry about it. Although dh and I wanted to go to the beach tomorrow and now 3:30 sucks cause it is in the middle of the day.

My right ovary is hurting a lot this morning, but yesterday my left was hurting - I really hope it is catching up - fxd. At acupuncture yesterday she worked on trying to stimulate the left ovary.

Thank you everyone for your support I hope you have a nice weekend.

Leilani - I am so excited that your EC is so soon. People keep telling me all it takes is 1 and so many people have success with just a few.

Deeni & Springflower - You must be so excited to start DR. Its funny I wasn't nervous when I started DR but then a flood of emotions came later lol.

BabyChristie, Sammy, Caline, Sue, Bizy Bee - Thinking about you too! Hope I didn't forget anyone.

:hugs:

Springflower - I think there is no right time to inject lol. In the morning is good because it is much easier to fit into your schedule (like right when you wake up) but that means that you suffer all day with headaches and side effects. Afternoon or evenings are good because based on the clinics blood results they can adjust your dose for that same day. They are also good because you are usually in the comfort of your own home to deal with the side effects - that being said it may be hard to sleep.

I picked a stupid time of day 3:30 because my clinic wanted it in the evening but I had a couple of weddings to go to and dinners with friends and no one really knows about this so I can do it before and don't have to worry about it. Although dh and I wanted to go to the beach tomorrow and now 3:30 sucks cause it is in the middle of the day.

My right ovary is hurting a lot this morning, but yesterday my left was hurting - I really hope it is catching up - fxd. At acupuncture yesterday she worked on trying to stimulate the left ovary.

Thank you everyone for your support I hope you have a nice weekend.

Leilani - I am so excited that your EC is so soon. People keep telling me all it takes is 1 and so many people have success with just a few.

Deeni & Springflower - You must be so excited to start DR. Its funny I wasn't nervous when I started DR but then a flood of emotions came later lol.

BabyChristie, Sammy, Caline, Sue, Bizy Bee - Thinking about you too! Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Thanks Blue!!!! I tried to pick 9pm as i know im home from work then and we dont go out in the evenings only once per weekend at night... mornings are not good for me cos i am half asleep and always late and in a rush so thats a complete NO-NO!!!! Praying for your BFP!!!! :happydance:

That's for your positive thoughts ladies. I feel a bit better now. On another forum I frequent, there was one lady who got a BFP from 2 follicles, and she said her FS did too, so that helps. I guess 4 is a good number, as they do say you only have a 25% chance of getting pregnant if everything is perfect (using conventional baby-making methods), so 4 should be enough.

Springflower - because of the protocol I'm on, I have no choice about when to take my drugs, I would imagine a lot of clinics will just tell you. Are you a good sleeper? I'm not and have had quite a few sleepless nights this week because of the throbbing from my left ovary, so I don't think I'd really prefer one over the other - as I do like feeling my ovaries doing something!

Deeni - I just try and keep myself (or my mind) busy - though I did have a day where I watched nothing but E! I think that numbed all my senses. It is all too easy to let your mind wander in a negative direction, I've also spent a lot of time looking at my wedding photos which always cheers me up.

Sammy - I've loved how quick my short protocol has gone - good luck! Whenever I see your pic I think you are naked, are you??

Thanks... lol. no i have a red strapless dress on... does anyone else not see the red dress? lol

I love the short protocol as well i would never survive the meds or wait of a long one!!! Its funny cos i suspected my last IVF was a dud as well... compared to the first IVF i didnt feel anything like that, my ovaries were not as heavy and before i had trouble walking cos they hurt so much... i was right, 2 follies on the right ovary and none on the left and then i cancelled the cycle. I was worried that if i continued we might not even have two eggs and then they have to fertilize etc and i wanted for our second free try to get some good results and frosties if possible. Doctor advised me to cancel but never forced it and so we decided to accept IUI instead since IVF is not counted until EC has taken place. The IUI was crap, i would never try that again and i knew it would never work but hey you live and learn. This time i have 3 injections of Decapeptyl, Puregon and Menopur so i hope that will boost things slightly.

Good luck for your cycle hun xxxx

Eek - trigger shot tonight and EC 36 hours later (Tuesday morning here - Monday everywhere else in the world!)

Leilani - good luck with the trigger shot!!! Wahoo! This is so exciting. I am sure it is very nerve racking too - but exciting! Millions of :hugs:

Eek - trigger shot tonight and EC 36 hours later (Tuesday morning here - Monday everywhere else in the world!)

Eeeekkkk!!!!! That's so exciting!!!! I'll be thinking of you! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!

Good luck Leilani!! So exciting! I'll be thinking of you.

Deeni - Hiya! I too am starting DR on Tuesday and it's my first time also! :flower: Nerves wise I was bad last weekend, but am hoping I can be more chilled this weekend. I'm going to try and keep as busy as possible so I don't have time to think about it! Easier said than done!

Hi Springflower - I am so excited that we will be starting at the same time! How has your weekend been? I am so happy the wait is almost over and we get started in two days. I can't wait to inject myself...haha...never thought I would say that!

It is so true Deeni about wanting to inject yourself. It feels for once like you are doing something to help the process - and it is just so exciting that the moment is finally here!

Can't wait for you too!

Hiya ladies..... I'm back!!!

Aruba was totally amazing, gutted to be back! DP and I had such a wonderful time, so pleased we went, was exactly what we both needed.

Been trying to catch up with where everyone is at, nearly there now I think!
Welcome to Sue and Deeni!!
Leilani, good luck for Tuesday (Monday for us) I will be thinking of you!!

It looks like my FET is going to be medicated, will be on Oestradiol Valerate (progynova) from day 1 and then Utrogestan from day 15. i'm really quite nervous about FET, even though we have 4 frosties i'm worried about them surviving the Thawing process. They were frozen at day 1 so we don't know what grades they are yet either, just hoping any praying are little forsties will do us proud.

So how is everyone doing? hope you've all been enjoying this lovely weather in the UK!!

Lots of love and baby dust to you all,

chesca xxxxx

Welcome back Chesca!

I am glad you had a wonderful trip!

So you are on the first meds already? Then on day 15 another kind - for how long?

When is your anticipated FET date?

Hi Springflower - I am so excited that we will be starting at the same time! How has your weekend been? I am so happy the wait is almost over and we get started in two days. I can't wait to inject myself...haha...never thought I would say that!

Tell me about it!! Have you had your training yet? I can't wait to finally get started, Tuesday can not come quickly enough for me!! Nice to have someone else starting at the same time we can compare notes! :haha: Are you on a short protocal or long - I'm on long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->