IVF/ICSI in July

Ah, no :witch: yet! :hissy:

I am a little crampy, so hope she's coming. The Dr. will be back in the office on Wed. so I'm going to call then.

I've just had a look at the Buserelin info leaflet and it says it is intended for men - is this correct???? And that there is another for women.

Does anyone else's say this? I'm freaking out now that I have the wrong one and I'm supposed to start tomorrow morning. :cry:

Don't worry Springflower - mine says it is for prostate cancer (male condition too)

:hugs:

Copied from my journal:

Just back from the clinic. Got 4 eggs from the 4 follicles, plus they removed some cells from a previously unseen, small follicle. I'm happy with that, and it couldn't have been better (other than discovering the scan missed half a dozen follies)!

The EC itself was a bit painful, but the narcotic drugs certainly helped me feel relaxed. Feeling uncomfortable now, but also, in a count your blessings way, feeling lucky that I only had follicles on my left ovary, as I'm sure I'd be a lot more uncomfortable had they had to go to both ovaries.

So will be spending the rest of the day slobbing on the sofa, with DH doing chores!!

And I got to wear a gown and my bra and my purple totes toasties, but it was lovely and warm in the EC room.

Thank you ladies for all your well wishes - it means a lot knowing other people are cheering me on.

Blue, I laughed when I read your post about telling people you have an ovarian cyst - that is exactly the excuse I used for not going out for the for a friends birthday afternoon tea this arvo. A few of my friends (which probably means all of them, as we're a bunch of gossips) know we are going to do IVF, but I've been vague about when we start. I told one friend that I was having a cyst removed under sedation today as they can't start IVF with it there, I then asked her to tell other people I was going to the dentist to get an abscess removed - I know if I went straight for the tooth-ache excuse they would speculate it was something to do with IVF - so hopefully the double bluff will throw them off the scent!

Great news about your follicles too, did they say when your EC is likely to be?

Yep Buserelin is used to shrink prostate tumors, as it surpresses hormones which some tumors generally need to grow. I read the drug info sheet that came with all my drugs, as I like to know generally useless information.

Sue I hope your re-started Buserelin works and your scan shows you are still good to go.

I hope the rest of you are doing well, and Bizy, I hope that is the :witch: knocking on your uterus.

Leilani, glad to hear things went well with EC. When will you hear from the clinic next? Will they call you with daily updates?

Bizy, I really hope AF comes for you soon. That has to be so frustrating but I am sure it is right around the corner.

Springflower, well tomorrow is our time to start! How are you feeling? I am nervous and excited at the same time but nerves are winning out right now. I'm not sure if I am on a long or short protocol. Basically we do the lupron for about a week and when AF comes, we start with the menopur. I should have EC the first week of August. How about you?

Blue, the excuses you gave to your work are seriously great. If I didn't already confess to what I was doing, I so would have stole your idea!!

Sue, good luck with the busereline!!

Leilani - I know you are far away and I don't know you "really" but I could jump up and give you a hug. Your post is so full of positive spirit. I love that you have used a similar excuse - you are right they would be suspicious of a "serious" tooth problem, but would believe an almost true story about a cyst lol. I also love the friends who gossip thing. I have friends like that too - so I didn't tell friends except for my best best best friend (who isn't friends with all my other friends) and some work people.

Tomorrow is the big day Springflowed and Deeni!!!

My anticipated EC date is Friday - and ET is Monday!!! Wahoo!

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all some good luck in the next couple of weeks! I start down regging on the 22nd, so probably about a month until ER. But I hope that all of you July ladies have great results and that I can get some hope from all of you!

Bizy, i really hope AF shows!

Leilani, sorry you're a bit sore but it will all be worth it! Relax and take things easy for a few days and let you DH look after you!

Wow Blue, EC almost here! Does your clinic open over the weekend to give you updates?

Aww hopesforababy, so nice to have you pop by. I really hope everything works out for you this cycle as you deserve some luck!

My clinic is open 7 days a week and they have a "hotline" that if you call and leave a message they guarantee to get back to you within 2 hours.

How are you feeling Angel? excited? nervous? :hugs:

Wohooo - I manage to inject myself this morning! I'm so impressed with myself. No side effects yet to report either, althoug I guess these come later.

Also spoke to the clinic this morning and they confirmed my meds are fine and I shouldn't worry about what the leaflet says. So panic over! :thumbup:

So girls I'm now offically in the gang :happydance:

Leilani - Your EC sounds good, you must be pleased. Rest up now and make sure your OH is spoiling you.:hugs:

Bizy - Hope AF gets a move on! Good news you are getting the cramps now.

Blue - OMG EC on Friday - yippee!!!!! How are you feeling?

Deeni - Have you done your 1st one yet? I promise it isnt too bad!

Sue - How are you feeling now? Hope you're feeling better chick :hugs:

Angel - Thanks for your help last night, I was in a panic!

Love to you all:hugs:

Well, had my baseline scan this morning. DH came with me as I was really nervous! All went ok though - lining at 3.7 and small follies on both ovaries. She counted roughly about 10 which is good for me as AMH test showed I can only expect about 7 although of course all these might not grow. I can start to stim on thurs and got shown how to do Menopur injections - didn't look too bad really. My worry is that they don't want to see my until next Friday which will be 8 days of stimming with no scans or tests. Does that seem a long time to you guys?

Springflower and Deeni - glad you are on the road as of today. You'll be through DR before you know it - it goes really quickly!

Blue - only a couple of days to go! Are you having any more scans before your trigger on Weds?

Sue - hope you feel better and that the scan brings good news.

Leilani - congrats on your EC. It must be a relief to be through it with 4 from 4 - that's really good. When do you find out about fertilisation? Keeping everything crossed that they all become healthy embies!

Bizy - hope they are AF cramps!

Hopesforababy - welcome! Don't worry 22nd will be here before you know it and I really hope this one goes well for you.

As usual, sorry if I've forgotten anyone, I'm finding it hard to keep up!

xx

Blue im so nervous! I really want this to work (and i know we all do!) but im more realistic this time around! Injections start tomorrow so im not looking forward to that! Are you anxious about EC approaching?

Baby Christie 10 is a great number - hope they grow nice and fat! Like you,my clinic arent big on appointments and i know previously Leilani said the same about hers so dont worry and trust they know what they're doing!

Sue, Springflower, Leilani, Deeni, Bizy and anyone i have forgotten, hope you girls are all doing well!

Leilani - I'm so pleased EC went well!! When is ET planned for?

You girlies are all doing so well.... Blue, when is your EC planned for?

xxx

Hi Girls

Got to be really quick as we've driving down to Bristol tonight for a funeral tomorrow and DH is getting impatient!

Leilani that's great news about you EC. I really hope you feel more comfortable soon. Keep pampering yourself until tfr. That's so exciting - you're almost there!

BabyChristie - glad your scan went well. At our clinic they first see you for a scan on day 8 too. Then day 10 and finally day 12 so probably all normal. Good luck with your stimms later

Springflower - Congratulations hon :hugs:

Deeni - good luck with your first injection

Blue, Angel, Chesca - hope you are all doing well and thanks to everyone for their support :kiss:

Had my baseline this morning. Have 10 small follies on one side and 11 on the other. Blood tests also showed my oestrogen levels are way down so the injections I did have still worked. However, my lining is still thick at 7.2mm. They want me to do another week of DR just to be sure and then start stims next tuesday. I'm really pleased with that. I thought it would be a lot worse .

None of my eggs fertilised.

I'm out of the game and $10 000 poorer.

Aw Leilani, i am so gutted for you! I know nothing i say can give you any comfort right now but i sense you are a strong person and hope you and your partner stay close. I am thinking about you both xoxo

Oh Leilani, my heart dropped when I saw your post. I am so so sorry. I don't even know what to say. I feel like this IVF thing is such a gamble. I'll be thinking about you. xxx

Springflower, I did my first shot before work this morning and it was so much easier than I thought it would be. I was on a serious high right after. I think I am going to let DH do the one tonight so he can feel a part of things. Woohoo...we are officially on our way. :happydance: Of course I can't let myself get too excited. I am trying to stay even about all of this.

Sue, I am glad things are moving along for you. We might be stimming around the same time!

Hi hopesforababy, wishing you lots of luck!

BabyChristie, I will be using Menopur when I start stimming. I'll be anxious to know how it goes. I asked my clinic for extra monitoring so they will have me in every other day and eventually every day. But things seem to be a bit different in other countries. Definitely seems like less scanning/monitoring.

Hope all you other girls are doing well.

Leilani - There are not even words right now. I am so sorry doesn't even begin to express things. I can't even imagine the devastation right now. There is no comfort in the world to fix this pain. I hope that you and your dh can take some time for yourselves right now.

Endless :hugs:

To be honest this process is so scary each step. I am so nervous because when I went for my scan on Monday - I was feeling so full and bloated and in pain and it was terrible. They did adjust my doses for mon and tues. Since Monday evening at my acupuncture session - I have not had the bloated feeling or nearly the same pains in my ovaries at all - I am freaking out thinking that I have ovulated all the eggs. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Leilani - I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better about the devestating news but I am thinking of you and send you all the :hugs: in the world. I hope that you and DH have some time together to come to terms with what's happened and that your clinic provides good support at this time. I'm so so sorry. xxxxx :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->