IVF/ICSI in July

Hey Chesca - Welcome back! Great to hear you had a fab time in Aruba, I'm jealous! Although the weather here has been lovely so I can't really complain.

I can't work out when you start, have you already? and will change to another drug in two days? or are you waiting until day 1? Sorry being a 1st timer I'm still getting my head round everything!

Oh sorry guys, I keep forgetting most of you are on first (and hopefully only) cycle!

I haven't started yet. Basically I start taking the first drug on Day 1 of my cycle and then I start the second one on day 15. As AF came last week I will have to wait until August to start. AF is all over the place so hopefully this cycle won't be to long!!

Let me know if I missed anything out! I forget what I have/ haven't told you all!

xxxxxx

I was confused too Chesca - sorry that you have to wait for August. :hugs:

Hi ladies - I have a question for those of you who have doen this before, what am I supposed to wear for the egg collection, as I'm not sure If I have to completely undress and wear a gown, of I just slip my lower half off! It's also the middle of winter here and I want to keep my socks on!

Oh I am not sure hun - sorry that is not helpful - but I think you are going to have a full gown on. But I have heard not to wear any perfume or scented things as eggs and embryos don't like it. Oh I am so excited for you!

Hi Leilani!

I would advise you to waer something comfy! I wore some long leggins and a Tunic top.
I had to completely strip off and had a gown on. I also had to take off my nail varnish and make-up before hand too!
You will probably be a bit tendor afterwards and you will be thankful of the comfy clothes!

Hope that helps hunny. Good luck, will be thinking of you.

xxxx

Wow - Leilani fingers crossed for later! Like chesca says, wear something easy to get on and off as you could feel a bit groggy later. i was allowed to keep my bra on but you get a gown and they sould be quite good at protecting your modesty!If you're up to it, pop back later and give us your news!

Chesca, welcome back. Glad you had a lovely time!

Blue, how you doing? You are so good at asking after everyone else but dont tell us much about you!

Just a quick hello. Hope you're all ok.
I had my 2nd baseline scan today - much better than last time. Lining was 3mm. I start stimms tomorrow. Wahey!
Chesca glad you had a lovely holiday!
xx

Yippee Starbright- always good to make some progress!!

Wow - Leilani fingers crossed for later! Like chesca says, wear something easy to get on and off as you could feel a bit groggy later. i was allowed to keep my bra on but you get a gown and they sould be quite good at protecting your modesty!If you're up to it, pop back later and give us your news!

Blue, how you doing? You are so good at asking after everyone else but dont tell us much about you!

Angel you make me laugh. I guess I forget or feel my steps aren't as exciting lol.

I have my scan and bloods this morning (different time zone) and I am very nervous as I really hope they see more follicles than last time. On friday I only had 6 and was so shocked but it was only cd7. Todays scan will be cd 10 so hopefully better. With my iui on cd15 I had 9 so I would think with ivf that I would at least have the same.

And how are YOU doing Angel lol. :hugs:

Leilani - Thinking about you this morning - hope it goes well. :hugs:

Angel you make me laugh. I guess I forget or feel my steps aren't as exciting lol.

I have my scan and bloods this morning (different time zone) and I am very nervous as I really hope they see more follicles than last time. On friday I only had 6 and was so shocked but it was only cd7. Todays scan will be cd 10 so hopefully better. With my iui on cd15 I had 9 so I would think with ivf that I would at least have the same.

And how are YOU doing Angel lol. :hugs:

Thinking about you and hope you have lots more fat follies! Remember to let us know - lol!!

Im cool - few days med free so enjoying the break before the serious business starts!

Angel - Hope you are enjoying your med free days and I can't wait for the "serious" business to start for you. I am sure you must be excited and nervous. :hugs:

I had a scan and blood today - cd10 - I go back on wed for another one. I didn't get to talk to them because they were so busy but they said they would call me later today. From the papers I saw I have 11 follies - 3 at 20 (2.0) and 1 at 19, 2 at 18, 1 at 17, 1 at 16, 1 at 14, and 2 at 12.

Hey girls, just a quickie this afternoon. Hope you are all ok - we all seem to be at different stages and its really exciting to see everyone making progress. :happydance:

Leilani - I hope EC went well today, am thinking of you :hugs:

Blue - Hope the scan was ok and that your follies are playing catch up!

Starbright - glad you got the go ahead now, my baseline is tomorrow so I'm hoping to start stims on Thursday all being well.

Bizy - Any sign of AF yet?

Hugs to everyone else too.

x

Oh BabyChristie - how exciting hun - your baseline scan tomorrow!!!

Hey Girls :flower:

Well I've had my injection training for Buserlin. The needle is sooooo long!!! Think it's going to be a sleepless night. But at last I'm starting tomorrow!!:happydance:

Blue - Hope the scan went well, 11 follies are good right?!:hugs:

Leilani - Have been thinking of you, I hope everything went well. :hugs:

BabyChristie - Not long now!! Let us know how it goes:hugs:

Starbright - Stimms tomorrow - yipees!!!!!:hugs:

Angel - Enjoy your last few med free days :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing well. :hugs:

Hi everyone

Its so busy on here its hard to keep up with you all O:)

Leilani - Thinking of you and hope everything goes well. Can't wait to find out how you got on :hugs:

Starbright - great news about the scan and good luck starting the stimms tomorrow

Blue - hope you got lots of follies and the results were good today

Chesca - I'm very jealous of your holiday. I've never been to Aruba but it sounds fabulous

Angel - Not long to go now. Enjoy those drug free days!

Springflower - that's so exciting that you're starting tomorrow. Don't worry the needles aren't so bad once you've got the first injection out of the way

BabyChristie - Good luck with your baseline tomorrow

Hope everyone else is doing fine too x

I've being feeling a bit rough these past couple of days - probably as a result of all the Buserelin excitement last thursday. Now I've gone and got a cold too so feeling sorry for myself. Have the baseline scan tomorrow morning anyway but not really expecting much. I can't see how it can all be ok when I've missed 4 injections in a row. I'm also a bit nervous about starting the Buserelin again tomorrow in case it makes me ill again. Its so weird - last time round I had hardly any symptoms at all :shrug:. Have you all told your work you are doing IVF? I haven't but its getting really hard to explain why I'm having to continually have hospital appointments. Anyone got any good excuses?

I have told some people that I have cysts that they are monitoring their growth (not really a lie since follies are cysts lol) and that I might need minor "surgery" to remove them if they grow big (again not really a lie since when they get big enough I will have ER and they will be removing them lol). One person I even had to tell about needles and said it is to try to help the cysts to "avoid" surgery lol (that is where I am definitely lying lol).
:hugs: Sue - I really hope that you are okay starting busereline again. :hugs:

I've just had a look at the Buserelin info leaflet and it says it is intended for men - is this correct???? And that there is another for women.

Does anyone else's say this? I'm freaking out now that I have the wrong one and I'm supposed to start tomorrow morning. :cry:

Baby Christie - good luck tomorrow.

Springflower, you will be fine. The needles always look far worse than they feel. Get a few under your belt and you will be a pro! Im not on the same meds as you but when i google mine it says for cancer treatment so i wouldnt be too worried about what you read!

Sue, i really hope things go ok for you when you start up again. Fingers crossed all is still on track!

Blue, i as more vague than you - anyone who asks gets told i have gynae problems. I work mostly with men so they get a bit freaked at that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->