IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi Ladies!
EC tomorrow - eeek! Did anyone else have incredibly tender nipples just before EC? Ouch - they are so sore!
My tummy is so achy I cannot wait to find out how many eggs I've been growing!

Is it a general anaesthetic we have, or just sedation? I wont feel it will I?! xxx

Hi Ladies!
EC tomorrow - eeek! Did anyone else have incredibly tender nipples just before EC? Ouch - they are so sore!
My tummy is so achy I cannot wait to find out how many eggs I've been growing!

Is it a general anaesthetic we have, or just sedation? I wont feel it will I?! xxx

Hi Jane
It's sedation and no you won't feel a thing. I remember the injection going in and then next thing I knew I was awake and it was all over!! Bit sore when I got home but nothing major, as long as you not moving around to much it's fine. Good luck, can't wait to see how many lovely embies you get xx :hugs:

Jane- hope it went well today hun, and u have lots of eggies waiting to be fertilised!!! im sure u will have lots of embies tomorrow when they ring!!! eeeeek its exciting seeing all u girlies progress in ur cycles! lots of babydust to u all! xxx

Susiesue- hows u a baba getting on hun!!! u had any scans yet!!! cant wait to see piccys! XXX

Hi everyone :hi:

I was wondering if anyone was taking any other supplements alongside their IVF cycle other than pregnacare or vitafex or any others similar to that.
Have been trawling the internet for help with successful IVFcycles and have come across CoQ10 which has seemed to help the amount and quality of eggs retreived at collection. Also L-arginine.

Would love to hear from any ladies that are taking these or have heard that it could be beneficial!!! The nurse i saw on Friday said to only take folic acid.
hmmmmmmmm ...... do i buy the others or stick with my vitafex????

xxx

I was wondering if anyone was taking any other supplements alongside their IVF cycle other than pregnacare or vitafex or any others similar to that.
Have been trawling the internet for help with successful IVFcycles and have come across CoQ10 which has seemed to help the amount and quality of eggs retreived at collection. Also L-arginine.

Would love to hear from any ladies that are taking these or have heard that it could be beneficial!!! The nurse i saw on Friday said to only take folic acid.

xxx

hi hun, i took folic acid and fresh royal jelly capsules in my 2nd cycle, which are supposed to boost ur immune system and make healthy eggs! and i did get more eggs and a blasto which i never got in my first cycle! so dunno if it was the royal jelly that made the difference!!! hope this helps hun x :)

xxx

hi hun, i took folic acid and fresh royal jelly capsules in my 2nd cycle, which are supposed to boost ur immune system and make healthy eggs! and i did get more eggs and a blasto which i never got in my first cycle! so dunno if it was the royal jelly that made the difference!!! hope this helps hun x :)

Hi hunni,
Did you take the fresh royal jelly capsules throughout your cycle or just around a certain point?? where did you get them from??

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG CONGRATULATIONS on your :bfp:

xxx

Thanks Susie - I'm getting nervous now! Just googled the procedure and it freaked me out a bit!

Laura - EC is tomorrow, sadly I havent had it yet!!

When will my massive bloated belly go down?!!! (hopefully not for 9 mths - ha!) xx

xxx

Hi hunni,
Did you take the fresh royal jelly capsules throughout your cycle or just around a certain point?? where did you get them from??

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG CONGRATULATIONS on your :bfp:

xxx

thanx hunny :) i took um all the way thru so they got in my system, i got them from health rack in st helens but i think they sell um in other health shops hunny xx

Thanks Susie - I'm getting nervous now! Just googled the procedure and it freaked me out a bit!

Laura - EC is tomorrow, sadly I havent had it yet!!

When will my massive bloated belly go down?!!! (hopefully not for 9 mths - ha!) xx

well good luck hunny hope it goes well im sure it will! its not that bad hun, u just go to sleep and wake up then its all done! u might be a lil crampy but nothink a paracetamol cant deal wiv! ul be fine, excited for ya xxx

Hey ladies hope your all ok.

Good luck for tomoz jane hope its not too painful and you get some lovely follies.

Im having a bit of blugh day today, keep getting sudden painful twinges on my right side not sure if it the cyst on my right ovary or my appendix. Going to see how i go tonight :(

Hey ladies hope your all ok.

Good luck for tomoz jane hope its not too painful and you get some lovely follies.

Im having a bit of blugh day today, keep getting sudden painful twinges on my right side not sure if it the cyst on my right ovary or my appendix. Going to see how i go tonight :(

awww hope ur ok hunny! id go and get it checked out hunny! take care xxx

Hi girls - well Im just back from LWH, and they got 11 eggs. Does that sound reasonable? I was a bit disappointed! xx

Jane- 11 eggs is fab! the average tends to be between 8-12 so thats really good :)
How was EC? How r u feeling? u will soon be pupo! good luck for call tomorrow x

Babydust- Hope ur ok hun. Maybe get checked out? x

Susie- Thanks for reply. I am finding the whole thing very hard going without my mum but i do feel her all around me which is a great comfort x

Hi to melbram, babies, laura, caz and gang. Hope everyone is ok x

AFM- I am on a real downer. The drugs are causing depression as well as dealing with my grief so its bad time in my life which i pray turns into a good time very soon as i need a break. Something needs to go right at some stage xxx

Hi girls - well Im just back from LWH, and they got 11 eggs. Does that sound reasonable? I was a bit disappointed! xx

Don't be disappointed hunnie, I got 12 and they said it was great number. Too many and you risk ohss, it's quality not quantity. Got everything crossed for you xxxxx

hi ladies, thanks for your concern, i feel much better today now the pain has gone. i was just being a wuss as my DH put it.:wacko:

Aww Africaqueen hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Jane so happy your EC went well. was it painful? how long did the whole process take? how long were you under sedation for?

Afternoon ladies, sorry for the delay in replying, only just woken up! Nice 3 hour kip there!! Thank you for all your lovely messages, I just hope that a good number fertilise!

Babydust - I was in theatre for around 25mins total, but that includes sedation and waking up, so reckon procedure was 15 mins or so. I was lying in there for quite a while beforehand though, whilst they did identity checks with us both and inserted the cannula in my hand - bit of a nightmare for me - hate them!

Africa - sorry to hear that you are feeling down, I hope that you start to feel better soon, maybe when stimms start they will help?

Laura/Susie - thanks for your messages. I know that quality is more important, so I just hope theyre good 'uns!

Im still feeling a bit tired, and the pain is weird, not period pain crampy like I had expected, it's more in my perinium - like a dull achy tugging that comes and goes. Not had any paracetamol since 9.30 though (possibly as Ive been sleeping) so not that sore!

Take care girls - will keep you posted tomorrow xx

Susiesue- hows u a baba getting on hun!!! u had any scans yet!!! cant wait to see piccys! XXX

Hi hunnie, am ok, on holiday this week so feeling happy! Had scan last week, all was fine but am still worrying!!! Not got many symptoms still, bit tired, feel bit sick now and again, and sore (.)(.) which are on and off! Told dr Russell and he said it's all normal. Most people I know have got really sick so maybe am just lucky! Will be 8 weeks on Friday. Will try and put scan pic on when get home. How's you and bubs? :hugs:

Yay Jane thats great news, cant wait to hear how your embies are doing. Did you decide on how many you are having transfered?

Tons of :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->