IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Bugs - I was on the long protocol. Please have faith and pma goes a long way. I was very much approaching my cycle like the grand national, one jump or hurdle at a time and just focused on the next hurdle and helped me not get too stressed about what if x happens or y cos I'm a natural worrier and my hubby would say I like to have control and that one thing you don't have!

Good luck x

Lindy that's exactly how it feels !! It's horrible ! I drink loads of water but I will try the lucozade tip !! Xx

Hi girls!
Congrats MrsE,wonderful news!! U must be on top of the world! Xx
Sharkey,brilliant news about your fertilization,good luck with the transfer Xx
Lindy,hope ur ok? Having the NKC test as my embryos fail to implant,so just checking that the count is not high before next attempt,if it is then I will have treatment before embryo transfer.x
Hi to the rest of the gang Xx

Congratulations Sharkey !

Fantastic news MrsE!

LIkkegems have you just been referred to the Hewitt Centre from a different department in the Womens or from your GP/different hospital? I was referred to the Womens in July 2011 and I attended PIE 1 month ago - issue is male factor with us OH did another to SAs at the Womens and had an ultrasound. After actually being referred to the Hewitt we got our PIE appointment within 2-3 weeks

Thanks del- just trying to see if any tests I should have before next go.

I think I'm going to go back to the long protocol my last cycle was short and I had my worst collection yet, I am hopeful coz I have always got to transfer day with decent embies to transfer just gutted it's unlikely I'll get too blast xxx

Hi Mrs E, im brand new to this forum but when i entered IVF liverpool into google this site came up and ive read all the posts. Congratulations on your pregnancy you must be over the moon xx

Me and my fiance have been trying for two years, im 29 and have no problems with ovulating (use little sticks you pee on and get positive) and hes 34 and quite healthy/fit. Went to docs last year and eventually got referred to Dr Lewis Jones in Womens. Turns out my fiance has very low sperm count so now i have been referred again to Mr Gazvani on 15th July. I havent had any scans myself yet but have had bloods done which showed ive got a storage of eggs (No idea how they know that from blood work lol). Do you think ill get scans first and how long did you wait for your treatment after you were referred for IVF. Thanx xxxx

Hi bella. I have never met a consultant on the Hewitt yet!! I had to have a scan and
Blood tests done , they were done through out patients Gynae so only needed HIV hep c blood tests done when for to the Hewitt. My husband had his tests all done by mr
Lewis jones so only needed his virus blood test doing. They get you to Go to a PIE night and they give you an appomtment for your virus blood test and a load of consent forms and explain what ivf and icsi is. When you get your 2nd appointment at the Hewitt they have your blood tests through and get you to sign everything them basically you call them
On day 1 of your next period. They then send you your drug pack and Get you in to show you what's what and on day 21 you start your injections!!! Hope that helps
And isn't too confusing. Good luck!

Hey Bella,

good luck on your journey. My oh had low volume & motility issues & we were seeing dr gazvani too. I had an ultrasound where they found a big cyst & when they were removing it they found I had severe endometriosis too. They removed all that & that was the month we got our bfp, so the little :spermy: can get there sometimes.

I think they will probably send you for an ultrasound just to check all is ok with you too, I was ovulating fine, just my poor eggies kept getting stuck in the endometriosis! I had no symptoms at all.

At least you are in the right place now to hopefully get some answers but I'm not sure how long it takes to start the treatment as we didn't get quite that far. Best of luck to you.

xxxx

Thankyou girls, just feeling a bit nervous and want to start straight away but i know it cant happen overnight. Just reading these posts really helps and makes me feel like im not the only one. Everyone around me at the moment seems to be getting pregnant very easily so its really hard. Ill keep posting at my next stages. Thanks again xxxx

Welcome Bella - when OH and I got referred to the Womens we had two appointments on the same day - first was an ultrasound for me then appointment at Gynae. We already knew there was a male problem before getting referred to thw Womens. OH was referred for another SA and nothing found on my scan - our next appointment was then with Dr Jones who thought he found a varicocle so sent OH for an ultrasound but everything was ok.

We were then just referred to the Hewitt and got consultation and PIE appointment pretty quickly(within a matter of weeks) - now just waiting for blood test results to get started

I hope the months fly by for you - the waiting is the worst bit - I want things to get started like yesterday - patience isnt my strong point

Bella- use this time before you start to get yourself right. Eating healthy, relaxing, cutting down on coffee. Do all you can now so you are ready to go :)

I think I'm going to go back to the long protocol my last cycle was short and I had my worst collection yet, I am hopeful coz I have always got to transfer day with decent embies to transfer just gutted it's unlikely I'll get too blast xxx

Bugs- can you request long protocol?

Bugs- can you request long protocol?

Well I can see what they say at my follow up, I think the results have to speak for themselves though I didn't do 4 cycles for them to learn nothing so hopefully we can take the good bits of each cycle to make a perfect one. That's the plan anyway xxxx

I got a lot of eggs an made it to blasto so am wary of changing things but then I want to change something to try an prevent mc. It's so hard isn't it ? When is your FOllow up?

Congrats MrsE x

Bella- Welcome x

Hi to everyone else. once again im exhausted so sorry not many personals. I am feeling pretty crap today about my 2 failed cycles. Seems my eggs are the crappest of the lot. Couldnt even manage 2 embies an everyone else does so much better. Sorry for negative post just fed up. Seen doctor for more painkillers etc an she is concerned about the stabbing pain behind my eye an is sending me for a brain scan. Just non stop shit an no happiness in sight. xxx

AQ - we are working on getting ourselves right for next time. We just need 1 good egg. Xxxx

Aq I know the feeling I have some really difficult days when I really do feel like giving up but if we don't try we'd never get any where. Hope things start to fall into place for you xxx

Lindy after my chemical last time they added clexane and asprin to my protocol but I bled early than ever so don't know if that did more harm than good. I try and look at it like how many women miscarry naturally and then go on to have a healthy pregnancy unfortunately we don't have the luxury of trying naturally every month so the odds really aren't in our favour. I think we have to stick at it learn from each cycle and tweak things. Lindy at least your getting good embies and to blast so your half way there xx

Oh and my follow up is Tuesday xxx

AQ so sorry to hear about the pain in your eyes - owcha that must be painful but best to get it sorted out now so you are all fit and healthy for your next cycle. Regarding your eggs best advice is take the royal jelly from now and the DHEA for 3 months before your cycle and I'm sure thy will help the quality. I know you didn't have a problem with quantity so it's just the quality that appears to need sorting and you're doing something about that which is great. You are doing everything you can do so you can't ask more of yourself than that. Keep pma. Any news on how long it will take to get the extra funding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->