IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

:yipee: sharkey, so pleased for you, really hope you get the call you deserve tomorrow :happydance:

& MrsE :hugs: nealy there, only 3 sleeps to go, fingers & toes are crossed for you :thumbup:

:dust:
xxx

Lisa; thank you x x How you getting on In your pregnancy? H&H pregnancy x x

MrsE75; I would be testing everyday :haha: I can undestand what ur hubby Is saying though, but hey we are women & we are very Impatient little things!! We have to keep the PMA going, will be praying for you on thursday :) x

I'm hoping we do get a good ICSI fertilisation report In the morning, the matron said last week It was upto the embryologist on the day If they did ICSI, so I assume we've made the right choice!! If we get some for freezing then we shall put only one embie back In, OH Is worried about multiples :haha: I'm not, I would love twinies :) Are you worried about the risk of multiples? I will be looking forward to watching the DVD, just hoping we shall get that far as It would be amazing to see.....x x

Melbram; when did you do your bloods? I would call them first thing, the amount of people that walk through them doors I can Imagine that a few couples do slip through the net x x

Only had them done just over 2 weeks ago but it feels like ages - so close yet so far :haha:

Melbram; I would call them at the end of the week If you haven't heard anything by then.... We had to call them for our consult after having my bloods taken start of Jan.... It took until late Feb to get our appointment x x

Lisa; thank you x x How you getting on In your pregnancy? H&H pregnancy x x

Things are going good thanks. All is well as far as I'm aware, most of the sickness & tiredness has gone too which is nice, although I now don't feel pregnant anymore which is a worry lol! (I always have to have something to worry about :coffee: )

If I didn't have this little bump I'd just feel like the last 3 months has been a fantasy & I've just woken up lol. Have a midwife appt on the 26th April so I'm hoping to hear the heartbeat again then though.

Will be waiting until my 20 week scan which is 5 weeks today until I buy anything though, I guess it still doesn't feel like it's actually going to happen, I imagine most people who get pg after long term trying to concieve or fertility treatment feel the same, just all feels a bit surreal still like I'm going to wake up soon.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow :flower:

xx

Lisa, I'm glad things are going good for you!! Must be exciting to hear the heartbeat and also emotional at the same time :) I'm the same as you, always have to worry about something or other :haha:

Will you be finding out what your having at the 20 week scan or keep It a surprise?? I think It will take a while for It to sink In properly especially If It's been LTTC but It will deffo sink In when you will have your bundle of joy In your arms x x

Hi lovely ladies,hope ur all well?
Lots going on...very busy on here!
Fab news Sharkey,fx for good news tomorrow morning x
MrsE,how's the 2ww going?
Africa and lindy,hope ur both doing well. Africa,going away with the girls sounds fab.
Melbram,hope ur ok hun x
Cvaeh,nice 2 see u posting x
Babydust,how r things with u? x
Hi to the rest of the gang Xx.

AFM - well had my appointment Thursday night. Decided 2 go ahead with all the Natural killer cells test and then straight into another round of ivf with icsi whatever the results. So here we go again,will be starting in June hopefully. Having to do everything privately this time,going 2 cost a fortune,but hopefully worth every penny. Feeling exited but very scared after 3 previous fails! Xx

Sharkey - ICSI gets really high fertilisation rates - I got 15 out of 16 so looks good for tomorrow's call FX. I have only just started Acupuncture. The mans wife had ivf at the Hewitt.

Del- think I will be doing cycle just after you. Why are they doing natural killer tests for you? Read a little about them.

Good luck everybody. Xxxx

Mrse- not long now :)

Del; thank you very much!! Hope everything goes well with you NKC testing and wishing you all the luck In the world for your next cycle x x x

Lindy; I hope they do, will be one happy lady tomorrow If we have at least one embie.... x I've done acupuncture for months now & It's totally helped me to relax because my working life can be quite stressful to say the least. I know It's expensive but hey If It gets me good results then I will preach It to anyone.....x Good luck to you on your next cycle x x

AFM; After EC I'm finding It difficult to walk properly, feel like a hot air balloon and I've still got abdomial pain which Is slightly worse than AF! Painkillers dont even touch the side, Is this normal girls? x

Hi Sharkey - I was pretty much uncomfortable more with constipation/wind pains more than anythin else for about 3 days. Also felt almost bruises inside like a constant aching for a couple of days but to be fair we've had our insides messed with so understandable really. Sure you will feel better by the morning just get some sleep. Don't think you can take anything more than paracetamol but ask them tomorrow when they call if still painful.

Nightie, nightie. . . . Only 3 more sleeps!!! I'm scared and excited not sure I want to know the results or if I want to live in denial for a bit longer!!

X

Sharkey- wow 7 eggs!! that is amazing! the AMH test is obviously shite ;-) everything crossed for a good call tomorrow for you x

Melbram- Usually it takes 2wks for all blood results an then you get a consultant app but in most cases you have it with a nurse which surprised me a bit x

MrsE- Any signs? hope your taking it easy x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- I have decided to reduce my hours in work from sep as im applying to go on access to nursing course at college so i can get into uni an do my degree. I am not wasting my life sat on the end of a phone even tho i like helping the old folk i have more to offer :) xxx

MrsE; I'm constipated & windy too & Im bent over as It feels like Ive done ten rounds with Mike Tyson, hahaha Also very painful when I get spasms down below because I keep pinching OH when I feel one coming on, he's not Impressed - lol :) x

AQ; change of career might do you the world of good ;-) If your good dealing with people which know doubt you are & disturbing scenes then go for It x I'm quite squeamish so nursing Is out for me so I will stick to the number juggling, haha x wishing you all the best with your career move x You had your app for the FU yet? X I'm totally surprised we had 7 eggs to be honest, would of left the hewitt happy with one egg but to have anything more than that was a bonus.....

AFM; Only the dreaded call tomorrow now, please fertilise x x Wish me luck :) x

AQ wow I always think people that work with older people and nurses deserve medals and Definately a calling in life so fantastic that tho process has been extremely painful is giving you the motivation to keep moving forward. Amazing news for you and I wish you nothing but success and happiness in your new career x

Regarding any symptoms - I had period type pains fri and sat on and off and get twinges but the seem to have calmed down so hoping they've snuggled in by now and the pains at weekend were implantation or uterus stretching which I read can happen. Otherwise no spotting just really tired and not sleeping! my boobs are now starting to get bigger but that could easily be cos 10days on progesterone now. Hubby had a dream last night and we had twin girls and my friend had a dream she was babysitting twins boy/girl an she's pregnant with a boy so figures they must have been mine. She's convinced I'm pregnant and with twins no idea why she said shes pregnant and got a feeling so who knows!!

Sharkey - hope the pains ease today for you and got fingers crossed for you this morning for your call.

Melbram - it's the AMH test which takes the longest cos that has to be sent away so I believe. The first appt will basically go through your results and decide on your protocol an if you are having IVF or ICSI. Once that's done it's just call them on day 1 of your next period, they book you in for needles appt, arrange drug delivery and give you the date to start injecting and your off and running. Good luck with your results xxx

MrsE, have I missed something seeing as Jules has wished you luck?? If I've missed something then I apologise x Partners & friends dreaming of pregnancy Is a good sign apparently.... I truly do hope you get that positive result honey x

AFM; still haven't received the call..... Every time the phone rings my heart starts to pound ten to the dozen x I'm still sore so decided to take today off, OH will be here when we get the results then he'll go to work dependant on the outcome x

No sharkey I've got stimm brain ! I meant you for your call this morning !! I'm going back to sleep lol !!! Xx

Just after I sent the above post the call came through....... Out of the 7 eggs they retrieved 5 were suitable for ICSI...... Out of the 5 we had 2 fertilised, yepeeeee :)) They are lookin at a Thursday ET which will be a 3dt but will call us on Thursday morning to see If It's a go ahead (subject to change) The Embryologist said the 2 embies are doing what they are meant to do at this stage so I am one very happy woman Indeed, woooooohooooo!!! To think we had been told we would not ave any eggs to having 7 then to go on to have 2 fertilised Is amazing, I hope the embies will do us proud and keep growing for us x x x

I think jules meant to say good luck to you and got mixed up, I'm not awaiting any news today but VERY tempted to poas tomorrow I'm dying to know!!

Waiting for that call is just the worst but if like me by had a big collection day they said anywhere between 10-12pm!!! I was beside myself! Stay calm and keep positive! GL x

Posts crossed! Yayyyyyyy Sharkey that's great news two little embies now all they need to do is keep spliting at a steady rate and you'll be good! Have you thought about if you have 2 embies at day 3 will you have them both transferred or still just the one?

Go and celebrate!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->