IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I think bugs its right it really is a lottery. We got 11 eggs 9 fertilised by day 3 we only had 4 left we had the best 2 out back both grade A 8 cells.On day 5 the other 2 weren't good enough to freeze , luckily one did stick and we got our bfp but what i am trying to say is from 11 we got 1 iyswim. I think you would be forever thinking if someone else has your child. The flip side is that child can come i find you when they are 18 and its not always a good thing. However had i have had a lot of frozen embryos that i wouldn't be using i would have considered donating them to help another couple.

Hello Lovely Ladys

Sorry not posted on here for a while.....things have been a bit manic with starting my down reg injections and going away. Plus had a bit of a low spot when some jerk pinched my bag from my car whilst visiting my daughters grave,more gutted because her pictures that I have carried around since loosing her was in my bag too.Just upsets me that people have the cheek to steal from a cemetry of all places.

I am so sorry to read your losses and very happy to see some BFP...

I am currently on day 10 of down reg injections,my tummy looks like a bruised pin cussion,but OH has done a fab job of injecting me so far.....I dont thinking having injections is gonna be something I ever get use too.

As for my weight,I am back on a strict low carb diet to keep my BMI below 30.Went to Greece for a week and gained a stone.....I was gutted as I get so scared as the hospital can stop my treatment at any point if I go over a BMI of 30.

I dont seem to be experiencing any side effects at all from the injections,which worrys me as I am concerned if they are even having any effect.

I have to go for my baseline scan next week 17th Aug,very nervous about that.

What I would say is my mood swings have got better since starting down regging,we actually expected them to get worse. I dont know if its because the stress of trying to get IVF has gone away somewhat because I have started treatment.....

Hope your all as well as can be

hugs and baby dust all your way

Nat x

Nat, i am sorry you got your bag and pictures stolen. Some terrible people about!
You will always have your memories and nobody can take those hun xx
Glad u are finding the down regging ok. That is the part i take issue with really.
I think it seems extreme to put our bodies through effectively the "menopause" for a few wks but i guess if it works and jolts our ovaries into producing tons of eggs later on, its worth it :) I am not looking forward to the needles but like us all, im just gonna grin and bear it. lol. Wishing u all the best. xxx

Nat, i am sorry you got your bag and pictures stolen. Some terrible people about!
Glad u are finding the down regging ok. That is the part i take issue with really.
I think it seems extreme to put our bodies through effectively the "menopause" for a few wks but i guess if it works and jolts our ovaries into producing tons of eggs later on, its worth it :) I am not looking forward to the needles but like us all, im just gonna grin and bear it. lol. Wishing u all the best. xxx

Hi Hun

Thanks

I know its so random putting us into menopaus,I understand to a degrea why but it contradicts nature for me ,but then again many would argue IVF is playing with nature......but who cares if it gives us babys....I see it has natures helping hand

How is the weight loss going hun,did I read ya BMI is 34 now.....nearly there hun

Its such a nightmare trying to loose weight during this hell of loss and fertility issues.I am back on low carb dieting as its the only thing that works and works quick......what are you on diet wise?
I am meant to be gyming it too but just cant be bothered as OH has lost all motivation and I hate going to the gym on my own....must carry it on though as I am approaching the 30BMI since my holiday arghhhh

Hope your well and I hope your Dr gets you on the IVF waiting list asap

hugs
Nat x

I just posted this -

The Liverpool Women's X-Ray department phone number?
I have 0151 702 4453 but ALWAYS get the answering machine!

I need to find out if I can have a HSG since I had my MC nearly two months ago, I just rang my FS secetary for the FIFTH time since she was meant to check (TWO MONTHS AGO AFTER THE MC!!) and she directed me to someone's answering machine!!! That woman is such a b*tch!!!! :growlmad:

I'm gona see if I can get hold of them myself and sort it out if not I might have to physically gp to the hospital to sort it out :cry:
Last time she told me that if I can't have the HSG then I have to cancell my appointment on the 31st. . . .
I don't know if it's been cancelled or not :wacko:

Sorry about the rant!! :hugs:

here hun this is the main switch board number 0151 708 9988 xxxxxx

Thanks hun!

I managed to get everything sorted :) :dance:

x x x x x

Hi Hun

Thanks

I know its so random putting us into menopaus,I understand to a degrea why but it contradicts nature for me ,but then again many would argue IVF is playing with nature......but who cares if it gives us babys....I see it has natures helping hand

How is the weight loss going hun,did I read ya BMI is 34 now.....nearly there hun

Its such a nightmare trying to loose weight during this hell of loss and fertility issues.I am back on low carb dieting as its the only thing that works and works quick......what are you on diet wise?
I am meant to be gyming it too but just cant be bothered as OH has lost all motivation and I hate going to the gym on my own....must carry it on though as I am approaching the 30BMI since my holiday arghhhh

Hope your well and I hope your Dr gets you on the IVF waiting list asap

hugs
Nat x

Hiya hun :)
Yes i agree with u that it's soooo hard to stick to a diet when u are feeling as sad as we are, but if it gets us our babies, it is all worth everything :)
Yep my bmi is 34 now and i worked out i need to lose a further 2.5 stone to get it under 30, so still a way to go but im confident i will have done that by Christmas and then we can hopefully have the IVF in may/June 2011:happydance: I am so scared if it dosent work with the 2 free go's as we would be hard pressed to afford a cycle ourselves next yr... just have to hope and pray it works for us. I am doing slimming world and its working great for me. I do the extra easy plan and can still have treats etc so im hoping to be around 11 stones when we come to start our 1st cycle.
It is taking serious wilpower tho! How are u feeling?

xxx

Thanks Natp18, I think she had dark hair but she was just so rude and what should have been an amazing moment felt slightly strained but who cares coz i got my POSITIVE result yesterday Yay !!!! I'm trying not to get to excited at the moment coz I've been bleeding since Monday not heavy but enough to be shitting myself !!! The womens won't do bloods so the 2 week wait now turns into a 3 week wait till the 11th August for my scan.

Anyways as for the acupuncture I go and see a woman called Jackie Fairweather in West Kirkby, I started having one session every 2 weeks about 4 months before starting treatment (this is my 1st cycle) and I then went once a week during treatment. I don't know if the acupuncture itself makes a difference but I do feel very relaxed and i've actually never felt healthier. Jackie concentrates on the other area's of your life emotional and physical so it does feel like an hour long counselling session, Jackie has been amazing throughout my treatment if I have any questions she's always on hand to answer then and is an incredible support so if you can find a good therapist (you can google Jackie) I would say go for it nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

One other bit of advice I would advise anyone to wait until the proper test date before POAS because I tested 2 days early and then because I was bleeding spent the next 2 days so confused and convincing myself it was a chemical pregnancy and it was 2 days of drama I just did not need to put myself through !!!!

Hi Hun

How are you going? Well I hoope. I tried to call Jackie but she is proving hard to get hold of lol...do you know if she is on holiday as her mobile is ringing in a foreign ring. Decided def wanna give acupunture a go...where do they pop the pins?
Still down regging at the mo but back at Liverpool on 17th for my baseline scan.....not sure when I'll go back after that. I was reading on another thread that when they were on stimms they went back every other day, did you withliverpool?

Sorry for all the questions Hun and hope your feeling better

Hugs
Nat x

Hi NatP18 Jackie is on holiday at the moment, I think she is back on Monday. When I was on the stimms i went for a scan on day 7 and then again on day 9 which was a Friday I then had my egg collection on the Monday, so they don't monitor you that close really. You must be so excited your nearly there, I can't wait to get started again I was going to wait till after Xmas but don't think I can wait that long xxx

Hi girls.

Has anyone read 'The complete guide to IVF' By Kate Brian? i got a copy yesterday fro the library and started reading it last night. It is FAB! Explains every part of IVF inc emotions and behind the scenes what really goes on.

Hope we are all doing ok? Serendippy- sorry to see that your on cd6 :-( at least now u know u can get pregnant and chemical pregnancies are very common xxx

I hope you don't mind me posting on this thread ... I have been pointed here as am interested in talking about donor eggs.

Is anyone going through this or about to. This is now the only option for me and my DH after 2 missed miscarriages and a failed go at IVF.

Thanks, KMor

Hi girls.

Has anyone read 'The complete guide to IVF' By Kate Brian? i got a copy yesterday fro the library and started reading it last night. It is FAB! Explains every part of IVF inc emotions and behind the scenes what really goes on.

Hope we are all doing ok? Serendippy- sorry to see that your on cd6 :-( at least now u know u can get pregnant and chemical pregnancies are very common xxx

Hiya hun, yeh im quite relieved that i can actually get pregnant cos ive had 12 months of no BFP's whatsoever. Onwards and upwards as they say lol x

Hi girls.

Hiya hun, yeh im quite relieved that i can actually get pregnant cos ive had 12 months of no BFP's whatsoever. Onwards and upwards as they say lol x

That's the spirit hun! glad u are feeling positive x

KJMM- Welcome to the thread :) i don't know much about egg donation but are you sure this is your only option? lots of women have 2 mc's and a failed IVF cycle and still go on to have biological babies... have they given you a reason for advising this as your next step? xxx

Hi NatP18 Jackie is on holiday at the moment, I think she is back on Monday. When I was on the stimms i went for a scan on day 7 and then again on day 9 which was a Friday I then had my egg collection on the Monday, so they don't monitor you that close really. You must be so excited your nearly there, I can't wait to get started again I was going to wait till after Xmas but don't think I can wait that long xxx

Hi Bugs

Thanks Hun

I actually saw Jackie yesterday,had my 1st session and had my baseline scan at LWH before my session.I slept all night the acupunture really chilled me out.
My baseline scan was a nightmare as I was on my AF yuk!! but they said everything looked good and to start my menopour on Thursday. I think iam on a low dosage of 2 vials aday,just wondered what you other ladys are on????
I now have to go back for a scan next Wednesday and Friday and then hopefully egg collection on bank holiday monday......................thats if all goes to plan because nothing ever does with me lol.
How are you hun? You feeling any better hun? Have you decided if you wanna try again before xmas hun? sorry get me with all the questions lol Hope your well xxx

Hi girls.

Thanks Hun ,Ill have a look out for that book..how are you? xx

Hi girls.

Sorry to hear that hun

hugs Nat xxx

I hope you don't mind me posting on this thread ... I have been pointed here as am interested in talking about donor eggs.

Is anyone going through this or about to. This is now the only option for me and my DH after 2 missed miscarriages and a failed go at IVF.

Thanks, KMor

Sorry to hear that hun,I dont know alot about egg donors,but i have my fingers crossed for you xxx

Hi girls.

Thanks Hun ,Ill have a look out for that book..how are you? xx

Awww sounds like its all systems go for you hun!:happydance:
Do they give a general or sedation for the egg collection at the LWH?
I am actually doing really well this wk. Had 2 lots of fab news today! my dh passed his driving test and i got a call to say i got the job i went for and i start full time at the end of the mth!:happydance: I am sooo happy right now and so glad to be working. It will help take my mind off things a lot and also the extra cash will be very welcome. lol.

How u feeling? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->