IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I'm intrigued gemz.....what's the scam!?!?

Did another clear blue digital test this morning it still says 2-3 weeks as it did last Sunday....thought it would have gone up to 4 by now?? Hope everything is ok....

Jo- the digital doesn't go any higher than 2-3 weeks so all good :)

Oh that's good then...I was sure there was one more after 2-3, thrown the box away already!
Makes me feel a bit better thank u : ) x

Sorry Jo-it can go to 3+ weeks - i got that at 4 weeks. Xx don't panic. You are still getting a positive. Xxxx

Thanks Lindy! I was actually thinking the other day....when u have had ivf how do you work out how many weeks you are...I had EC on 28th sept and 5 day blasto on 3rd oct?

Your day 1 of your pregnancy is the last day your AF arrived so day 14 is average fertilisation day (EC day with IVF) then the OTD is day 28 of your normal cycle. For your pregnancy tests this is when you would test and get your much wanted BFP and be classed as in your 4th week of pregnancy medically. BUT on your pregnant test it starts then as your week 1. So 1 week after Missed Af your pregnancy test says in your 2nd week but medically you are in your 5th week and week 2 is your 6th week etc. I know it's confusing!! Medically pregancy is 40 weeks as counts ovulation, fertilisation etc but we count from missed period 9 months till baby is due. So I am now in week 25, my last Af appeared on the 2nd may, and being due the 4th feb means I'm 5 and half months pregnant. Sorry of I have made you more confused. My brain is mush at the moment.

Ps count your official test date as medically being 4 weeks pregnant but for pregnancy test 1 week pregnant. X

Thanks Lindy... Very helpful, so tomorrow I am 5 weeks!!
So on my OTD it said 2-3 weeks, not 1 week......Maybe there is 2 in there :0!!
So after tomorrow I guess I should see 3+ on a digital test (got the box out the bin).....may have to buy another one in the week!
Thank you x

6th nov.... So just worked it out I will be 7weeks and 2 days.....does that sound about right?

Hey girls hope everyone is ok

We've had some bad news today, my uncle sadly passed away. He's only 2 years older than my dad so it's been a bit of a shock. My dads the only one left now on that side of the family, in the last ten years he's lost both parents, his sister and now his brother

My two cousins are taking it quite badly so everyone's trying to gather round him. He'd gone on holiday to Blackpool and that's where he died

Makes you realise how important short and lucky we all are.

Btw it's not a scam jo, the law protecting me at work! Will explain within the next few weeks or if your desperate to know, PM me! I'm just keeping cards close to chest incase work happen to read this and clock on that its me

X x x

So sorry to hear about your uncle Gemz, hope you are ok :hugs:

Jo don't worry too much about the digitals, as long as you getting a bfp and it's gone past 1-2 it's fine. :baby: Lindy is right you would be 4 weeks pregnant on your test date. When you get scanned at 12 weeks you may get a different date depending on baby's size, I got put forward a week even thought my dates could not have been wrong :haha: I don't mind as it just meant I would meet babes sooner x

Hope everyone else is good and having nice weekends. Welcome to the new ladies :flower:
X factor for me tonight I think xx

Hi Everyone

Not been on for a while so alot of new people may not know me.
I was referred to LW last July ish the for tests etc to see if there were fertility issues but was told that even if something was found due to being in a civil partnership with my wife we would not be a priority. With this information we started looking elsewhere and self referred to CARE Manchester. Anyway to
cut a long story short we paid private for our first cycle of IVF this year and were lucky enough for it to work. We are now waiting on the arrival of our little surprise who is due in 6.5 weeks.

Jo, as was the same as you when we got our BFP with a clear blue, couldnt work out the dates so went onto the clear blue website and it says the number of weeks is from conception which when worked out again and used an app on my phone we could work out the EDD. Which after the initial 6 week scan at the clinic we were a day out according to them.

Good luck to all the new people starting on the IVF rollercoaster and love and hugs to all the lovely people who are still trying, dont give up hope miracles do happen.

Love and hugs to all.xx

Hi ladies. Sorry been awol. Iv had a severe bladder infection and now i have a throat infection and sinus infection so feeling pretty fed up, lying on couch watching films.

Jo- Huge congrats to you. Hope everything goes well x

Lisa- How is your baby girl doing? x

Susie- How is your bubs? x

Hi to Melbram, Lindy, Laura, Del, Bugs, Cvaeh, and all the gang and welcome to any newbies. Lots of luck to you all. Sorry this post is short an sweet. Feel like crap xxx

Btw- Got the letter from pct advising how we need to do the formal re-appeal but they clearly state on it that as there is no new information that the patient should have no expectation of the decision being changed as this is very unlikely so we are wasting our time really and i am so angry that i have no tubes so no other way of ever getting pregnant and they are refusing funding and i know lots of women who got funding for a 3rd cycle an some of them have since went on to get pregnant naturally. xxx

Hey AQ- sorry you are feeling poorly. Get your duvet down and snuggle up. PCT's are finishing in April time, I get told patients shouldn't appeal because the appeal process costs them money but I've known people win appeals- only with supportive consultants which uou have!! Mr K didn't do letter for lady one did he? I'd also see if you can be at the appeal.

Sticky- do you know what you are having?

Hi to all the lovely girls. Cxx

Sorry to hear about you loss Gemz, I hope you are ok.
AQ- sorry you aren't feeling well and also getting crappy news about the chances of the appeal working. It has to be worth a try though?
Hope everyone else is ok and enjoying their weekends. x

Hi everyone hope your all ok

I've been a bit all over the place the last day since we found out the news. My two cousins are doing ok I think - still in shock! Can't imagine what it's like to loose a parent.

Just about managing with everything that's going on. We've got the meeting with the direct of nursing at the women's next week - I can barely focus on the here and now so just trying to keep fingers crossed things start picking up and well finally get some good news

AQ will pm you later with info for your appeal x x x

Evening girls :flower: hope everyone ok, am just having a glass of wine and watching the x factor results :)

Stickypolly great to hear from you and huge congrats on the imminent arrival of your baby :baby: Hope you have had good pregnancy? Make sure you come back and update us when you've had baby. Good luck xx

AQ sorry you are feeling crap, hope you are all tucked up and oh is looking after you. The appeal thing is soooo annoying!!! How can you not be exceptional? Did you get anywhere with your mp? It makes me so mad, especially when the nice guidelines state 3 cycles. We are all 100% behind you and if there is anything at all I can do let me know xxxx :hugs:

Hi to everyone else :flower:

Afm - 6 months ago today I was in labour about to meet my little prince :cloud9: Feel so lucky and blessed and I pray with my whole heart that you all get your miracles too. Xx

Hi Everyone

Not been on for a while so alot of new people may not know me.
I was referred to LW last July ish the for tests etc to see if there were fertility issues but was told that even if something was found due to being in a civil partnership with my wife we would not be a priority. With this information we started looking elsewhere and self referred to CARE Manchester. Anyway to
cut a long story short we paid private for our first cycle of IVF this year and were lucky enough for it to work. We are now waiting on the arrival of our little surprise who is due in 6.5 weeks.

Jo, as was the same as you when we got our BFP with a clear blue, couldnt work out the dates so went onto the clear blue website and it says the number of weeks is from conception which when worked out again and used an app on my phone we could work out the EDD. Which after the initial 6 week scan at the clinic we were a day out according to them.

Good luck to all the new people starting on the IVF rollercoaster and love and hugs to all the lovely people who are still trying, dont give up hope miracles do happen.

Love and hugs to all.xx

What a lovely, positive message. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Good luck with everything!

PS. Just starting the testing process...and freaking out a bit (more info, more anxiety?). I live in the rural Northwest so may end up looking for fertility clinics in/near Manchester. Maybe CARE? Would you recommend it? How does one start this process? Did you have to visit often? Just not sure how it works (and am still hoping I don't have to learn...got pregnant on first calculated try in Feb but miscarried at Easter. Body seems to be having a tough time getting back on track, so starting with testing process tomorrow, just in case. Gulp.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->