IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Jo big congratulations!! Phone the HC tomorrow and see if they can get a scan or check you over early! So pleased for you! X x

Ps might be because of the pessaries all the bleeding I know a few people experienced that!

Oh Jo that's brilliant news, best of luck for the next nine months, I'm soooo pleased for you :yipee:
xxx

Jo massive congratulations , I did have a good feeling when you said bleeding had stopped as that's what happened to me. HC told me it was normal. I also bled at 5 weeks but I did have 2 embryos put back. :cloud9:

Lisa how's your first week with baby? Hope you have recovered from the birth. Took me about 2 weeks before I could sit down properly :haha:

Lindy I was due on 11 May and gave birth on 23 April at 37+4, I was convinced I would be late so it was a big shock!! X

It's been good thanks Susie, a huge culture shock but my OH has been amazing. He's taken her out for a walk today with her uncle. So I've had a 2 hour nap, just going to have a soak in the bath now followed by a small glass of Red wine & some pate.

My bits aren't too bad to be honest, hurts a bit to poop :blush: but she's well worth it. I just keep worrying about everything & wondering if it's normal, like the amount she eats, the amount she spits back up, the amount she poops :wacko:

ah I'm sure it'll all fall into place, but my hat goes off to all single mums, I don't know how I'd be coping without my OH, but the 3 of us are doing well thanks.

How are you & your LO doing?
x

Hi frenchmummy! Welcome to the thread!

Impatient! I know what you both mean, we've just had our first fail at ivf in September and were waiting till our follow up - 3 months later in December! Really not happy about the wait, as although you have to wait 3 months before attempting again in so annoyed that we don't know what could have gone wrong with out cycle and won't be able to implement any changes to lifestyle, diet or drugs until we're bout to start again

I know its a constant waiting game!! I have to actually admit i think i have been quite lucky. I first went to see my GP in April, had my first appointment at the Womens in May, tests in June, Hysteroscopy in June, chlomid for four months, referred in October for IVF. I know some women in other parts of the uk have waited this long for their first appointment!

Cvaeh- A few glasses of wine won't hurt. Look how many women get pregnant following a drunken night! ;-) lol x

Susie- I have around 8 of us confirmed for now :) x

Frenchy- Welcome to our lovely group and best of luck with treatment x

Lovetoeatcake- How are you doing? x

Hi to melbram, Lindy, Gemz and all the gang x

RED HOT BUFFET LUNCH/MEET 10TH NOV

Please can those wanting to meet up for lunch and drinks at liverpool 1 please inbox me confirming this so i can get table booked by end of next wk :) will be a lovely afternoon and nice to see you all. Was thinking of booking table for around 1pm if this is ok ? xxx

Hi AQ, im fine thanks! Just waiting for my appointment to come through. AF is about to make its presence felt which never seems to get any easier does it? Hope you are ok. I know you are playing the waiting game as well at the moment!

Can't believe it BFP???? What's that all about, in shock. Clearblue digital says 2-3 weeks. Just can't believe it after all that bleeding last week. Could it be anything else? X

OMG congratulations!!! I love IVF BFPs!!!! I had a feeling though...

Jo- I'm absolutely thrilled for you!!!! Fabulous news. Yey!!!!!

AQ - count me in for the 10th. Xx

Lovetoeatcake: In some respects I've been lucky, referred for tests in January, had a HSG in March found out they both had haldros, saw Dr Kingsland in May and then had a PIE June, first round of IVF in July.

The only issue I have with them is following a HSG I got a hospital acquired infection which meant I had to be admitted for 4 days , and then I was pretty much left on my own for the next 6 weeks. If it wasnt for my GP organising antibiotics and an ultrasound I could have ended up with terrible complications!

I'm just really annoyed that lots of girls on hear had their cycle either around the same time as me or just after me and have had their follow up and mine's not til Xmas! :(

Hope AF isn't too terrible for you x x x

Oh my, you ladies are chatty! :))
Thank you for all the replies, and Jo, IVF BFPs are the best ones!!
I am going to try and not forget anyone..

So, lovetoeatcake we had our PIE in August, and then you get given a date for tests and stuff. After that we had to wait another 4 weeks for the appointment with a fertility nurse (which was last week). To be honest I felt like she didn't really care, we were sat there for 15min maximum and she never really answered my question about Christmas closure. Anyway, hopefully things will get moving quickly for both you and I!

Littlegemz I can't believe you have to wait until December, it is absolutely ridiculous!! If I were you I would ring them every day and ask if they have any cancellation, you never know. Fingers crossed it works.

Hi AfricaQueen and Susiesue and thanks for the invite for the meet up but I am going to stick to the forum for now, I feel a bit anxious putting "out there" that we are having IVF. I know it is silly, but hey, maybe I will join the next one if I feel braver?

Lisa your daughter has the loveliest of names! Does it feel real now that you have been a mum for 10 days? One friend was telling me that when she had her first she went to the shops with the pram and forgot her baby there as she wasn't used to it! I couldn't believe it!!

Well, I hope I haven't left anyone out, I personally had a rather boring weekend full of nothingness, TV and tea and snacks: how on earth is it Sunday night already and I haven't done anything useful I just don't know..

Anyway, better go and check what we could have for dinner, then I can say I did ONE useful thing today... Oh and before I go, congrats again Jo!! xx

Oh my, you ladies are chatty! :))
Thank you for all the replies, and Jo, IVF BFPs are the best ones!!
I am going to try and not forget anyone..

So, lovetoeatcake we had our PIE in August, and then you get given a date for tests and stuff. After that we had to wait another 4 weeks for the appointment with a fertility nurse (which was last week). To be honest I felt like she didn't really care, we were sat there for 15min maximum and she never really answered my question about Christmas closure. Anyway, hopefully things will get moving quickly for both you and I!

Littlegemz I can't believe you have to wait until December, it is absolutely ridiculous!! If I were you I would ring them every day and ask if they have any cancellation, you never know. Fingers crossed it works.

Hi AfricaQueen and Susiesue and thanks for the invite for the meet up but I am going to stick to the forum for now, I feel a bit anxious putting "out there" that we are having IVF. I know it is silly, but hey, maybe I will join the next one if I feel braver?

Lisa your daughter has the loveliest of names! Does it feel real now that you have been a mum for 10 days? One friend was telling me that when she had her first she went to the shops with the pram and forgot her baby there as she wasn't used to it! I couldn't believe it!!

Well, I hope I haven't left anyone out, I personally had a rather boring weekend full of nothingness, TV and tea and snacks: how on earth is it Sunday night already and I haven't done anything useful I just don't know..

Anyway, better go and check what we could have for dinner, then I can say I did ONE useful thing today... Oh and before I go, congrats again Jo!! xx

Hey hun

I've had a pretty relaxing weekend too - your not alone! Feels like I've wasted it! :)

I was at first phoning up constantly trying to get a cancellation, or anything earlier, but they could only offer me an appointment with a nurse and that on my notes it said i was to see Dr K so couldnt even have that

I've given in with them to be honest

Enjoy the rest of the evening - hope tea was nice! :D

Hi Frenchy :hi:

It feels very surreal to be honest, although I've no idea how you would forget they were there... She seems to be all I think about all day haha.

My OH took her out for a few hours today & I worried about her constantly (apart from when I had a little nap) even though I knew she'd be fine with him.
It is bizzare how it takes over your whole world.. In a good way.

Praying for all you ladies to get your sticky :bfp:'s soon.

:hugs:

xx

I think FU should be quicker so that you can prepare for your next go and make changes if it will help. Having the fu when you are about to start again doesn't help. I also think talking things through with them does help. Xx

Hi ladies sorry I've been missing but have been keeping track so I will try not to forget anyone.

Gemz - I'm in the same boat as you fu in dec but to be honest I won't be having my private cycle with HC. I did have an appt with embryologist an specifically asked for Dr Troup and waited 4 weeks after our fail to see him, we got there to be called in by another lady embryologist - I was fuming we'd waited all that time to see him and he was on holiday. HC really don't give two hoots about their nhs patients. Only ever seen Dr K once.

Jo - congrats on your BFP

AQ- hope the letter comes soon about your funding. In the meantime are you saving up yourselves?

Hi to all the rest of the gang - Melbram, Lindy, susie, Lisa and anyone else I've missed

Welcome to the new ladies - this is a great bunch of ladies to have on your side.

Afm - Got appt at care and also looking into natural ivf clinics. Arcg and lister in London seem to be having best results with low AMH people but not sure we can commute easily during treatment. There is another Italian doctor who a few people have recommended who has a clinic in Cheshire who is very highly regarded around the world who does natural so going to investigate further. We're doing everything we can to get the money together by end I dec. even did a clear ou of mine and parents houses and doing car boot sales to help the fund - made just over £100 yesterday on a car boot! So we have our ivf fund open and we're busy gathering the money. Not sure how much we need yet cos it will depend but figure if we aim for £6k then we should be covered. I'm also looking for a job cos I work in our business and although we earn enough to live it won't deliver money over for us to save for the fund so I'm out there now looking.

Good luck to us all xxx

Sounds like you have a great plan in place MrsE. Best of luck with everything. What sort of job are you looking for? x

Good for you mrse. Throw everything at it and research everywhere. My acupuncturist insisted on natural ivf for his wife at the hc against their advice and has 2 gorgeous twin girls. Also,I know a patient who had nhs and private cycles at the hc and them went to Chester privately an is now very easily pregnant with her miracle. Good luck. X

Hello everyone,
Just a quick update..... Thank you for all your messages.
Spoke to HC, didn't really tell me much just booked a scan for in 3 weeks time. I'm on medication for high prolactin and they couldn't even tell me whether to continue or not. Got to phone the consultant I saw years ago!
Did another test this morning just to be sure, a normal clear blue this time and definately a big blue line!
Nite all x

Yey Jo!! Thrilled for you. I'm still paranoid every time I go the bathroom that something will be wrong! Xx

Jo -How exciting!! I hope the time to your scan flies by!
MRSE- its good that you are being positive and doing lots of research. Knowledge is power as they say!
Lisa40- aww soo sweet! I want one!!!!

Hi girls sorry I've been AWOL over the past few days, didn't have the best of news at the doctors my iron levels are still really low so if they dot pick up within the next few weeks they may have to go to drastic measures! Eek!

However, I've finally got some good news! Hubby's got a job interview back home on Thursday! Keeping everything crossed - I'm sure we deserve a break!

Hope everyone is doing well big hugs x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->