IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Jules- So glad everything turned out well. What a worrying time that must of been x

Hi to Cvaeh, lovetoeatcake, Lindy,Gemz and all the gang x

AFM- I got af yesterday and by last night i was literally howling in agony and had to get my dad round as dh was at work. Ended up in hospital for 3hrs lying on a bed in agony, had a blood test and ob's done and waited all that time and still no doctor so i came home :( the nurse did say that her sister was exact same and it was Endo so i read up on it and i think i have it. Got a appt to see Mr Garzvani on the 13th in Gynae clinic so hoping to get some investigations sorted and this agony reduced xxx

Hello Everyone :flower:

I've read all your posts and have been lurking In the background but have'nt posted as I felt It was unfair for me to talk about my pregnancy when all you ladies are still on this rollercoaster...... :kiss:

Anyways I'll just get straight to the point and give an up-date on our situation, well as of yesterday we have been given an offical date for my Induction from the cons due to my Gestational Diabetes and previous history, eeeeek wait for It ~ (24th December) so It looks like It will either be the birth on 24th,25th,26th :haha: Both of us honestly cant believe that we will be parents within 18-20 days time :happydance:!! These weeks have totally flown by, It only feels like yesterday when I felt deflated by putting back a single 12 cell embie and here we are, WOW x

Im sorry for the lack of personals but It's just a quick one from me as I'm currently sat at my desk working, wanted to wish you well for the up-coming xmas celebrations etc...... Will keep you galz posted and will be lurking to see your progress x x x x:hugs:x x x x

Sharkey, congrats on due date! My brother was born on Xmas day so he's our baby Jesus! :)

AQ, hope your feeling better now.

Afm well AQ wasn't the only one to take a trip to hospital this week! :( AF arrived Sunday and I stupidly went into work despite being in a lot of pain. Don't ask me what exactly happened as I'm still not sure, one minute I'd just stood up from my desk and the next min I had passed out! Rather scary. Had bloods, scans etc to see if they could find the cause (cue trip to royal then the women's) and as they can't find anything particular other than slightly low iron levels they've put it down to exhaustion and a mix of my medication. Done a review of medicine so well hoping its behind me now!

Sick of Kate and will already! I love our queen but most of the royals do my head in - silently praying for a republic if just to avoid the whole pregnancy issue! So not fair that we've all been trying for ages and they've just got married and it appears fine for them! There's my bitter rant out of the way!

Sharkey- Lovely to hear from you as you give me so much hope! :) can't believe you are due so soon! where did the year go?! bet u are thrilled x

Gemz- Aww hope you feel better soon hun. I am bloody sick of gyne issues and all for nothing up to now?! pray 2013 brings us our joy x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Oh AQ and Likkle hope you are both feeling better. Lets hope they diagnose/
Sort gynae issues out and then adjust your treatment accordingly. Xx

Sharkey- fabulous news! A lovely Christmas baby. What exciting time for you. Sending you love. Cannot wait to see a pic. Xx

Hoping that all the lovely ladies on here get there prayers answered soon. Xxxx

Hi ladies

AQ, Likkle hope you both feel better soon.

We seem to be going through it at the moment don't we!?

Just quick one I've ordered my drugs and found a new supplier thought it was worth sharing - www.calea.co.uk - they are in Runcorn in north west and called central homecare and Pharmasure and calea we're cheaper so for those needing drugs give them a try. My clinic told me about them and they use them all the time. Hope it helps

Afm - just waiting for my AF for a scan and then I'm back on the rollercoaster! Having EC and et in the London clinic cos my consultant sends his more complicated patients there and having better results with low AMH people down there. No big deal for me cos my brother lives down there so have a place to stay if I need it. Not sure how I'm goin to get the time of with my new job started 3 days a week last week but hey!

Hope everyone else is ok xx

Mrse- they have to let you have time off for ivf. Good luck :) xxx

Hi Everyone,
AQ- hope you are ok? I hope your apointment goes well on Thursday.
Gemz- hope you are feeling better as well.

Can anyone let me know who i should speak to with regards to getting my first appointment arranged? I have had my bloods done (orginally on the 14 November), and i had to do a repeat prolactin test on the 29 November. I haven't heard anything back yet and im not sure who to ring to chase it up? I assume if my blood test has come back ok my next appointment should be with the IVF Nurse?

Hi lovetoeatcake. I would just phone through to the Hewitt and explain you have not received an appointment yet. They may be able to make one over the phone. X

Thanks lovetoeatcake! Feeling better now, although staying off for rest of the week. Still a bit poorly (and the lump on ny head where I hit the floor is still massive!)

Phone the HC and arrange you never know they may have a slot for you somewhere. Looks like you'll be starting in the new year so relax over Christmas and look forward o the madness that is ivf! Hopefully our frozen embie will be used in January so well be around the same time! :)

Waiting on appt with dr k, next week now - seems to have flown and drag on at the same time! I still have no real idea what to ask? What's the process at a follow up?

Hugs to all gem x x x

Thanks lovetoeatcake! Feeling better now, although staying off for rest of the week. Still a bit poorly (and the lump on ny head where I hit the floor is still massive!)

Phone the HC and arrange you never know they may have a slot for you somewhere. Looks like you'll be starting in the new year so relax over Christmas and look forward o the madness that is ivf! Hopefully our frozen embie will be used in January so well be around the same time! :)

Mrse - I had a bit of a crap time with work last time, I've got thanks to my trade union all the legislation you may need. Technically they have to allow you time off for appointments, embryo transfer, egg collection if sedated then once embryo is implanted regardless of if it works (hopefully it does) then the law treats you as pregnant for four weeks and your covered. The only issue I can see is that you'll be requiring a bit of travel time to appointments and that's a big grey area. Let me know how you get on fx crossed for you x

Waiting on appt with dr k, next week now - seems to have flown and drag on at the same time! I still have no real idea what to ask? What's the process at a follow up?

Hugs to all gem x x x

Thanks Lovetoeatcake. Il be so glad to get myself sorted as the amount of pain im in every mth now is beyond the joke :( how are you doing? x

Hi to Lindy, Gemz, Jules, Susie, Lisa and all the gang x

AFM- I have my gyne appt tomorrow morning so hoping to get some tests done and hopefully a operation date for the lap and hysterocopy etc. Its my wedding anniversary today. We have been married 3yrs. Can't believe what we have been thru and we are still no closer to becoming parents :( had a nice day in liverpool tho and had a chinese and did some shopping etc xxx

Hi everyone, lots been going on on here I cant keep up.. I will try but apologies if I forget someone :dohh:

Africa and Gems: sorry to hear you have been poorly - hope you get some answers Africa and glad your feeling a bit better Gems

Sharkey: congrats - what a lovely christmas prezzie :cloud9:

MrsE: Good luck with the next round. I hope you manage to sort it with work x like Gems said once the transfer has taken place you are protected under the Equality Act Regs. Although before hand your not protected at all - every company is a bit different and has its own policies but throw the Equality Act at them and they'l probably buckle - they never like to risk it :haha:

I was just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with the IMSI machine or intend to use it on next cycle??

Crossed posts Africa - happy anniversary! good luck for tomorrow xxx

Gemz- boo to the lump on the head! Make sure you chill for the rest of your week off.
I called the Hewitt yesterday and asked one of the nurses. Someone called Liz (who was lovely by the way) called me back today and said my blood test still wasn't back! But if I don't hear anything within the week to call her back. I'm still hoping to be able to start in January but who knows! I am petrified but just want to start now!
Hi AQ let us know how tomorrow goes! Happy anniversary! X

Good luck for tomorrow AQ. Kick ass and be pushy!! Happy anniversary to you both. Me and dh were saying we cannot believe the things we have been through in the time we have been together.... You deserve some good fortune. Xxx

Hi ladies, Nice to see you back Melbram x

Had my Gynae appt today and my ECG, bp etc was all fine so i am booked in for a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy on the 31st of Jan and if they find scar tissue or Endo they will laser it away whilst im under if possible. They are also going to do a uterine scratch which lasts for 3mths and is said to aid implantation so praying it does the trick for our 3rd cycle which we will now be having in March as want to recover from the surgery and lose some weight an get generally fitter. If the ICSI works we will be due this time next year which is a weird thought but very exciting! i am determined to be optimistic. I have 2 very special guardian angels to watch over me now. My mum and my best friend Jane who passed away last month. Praying 2013 brings all of us our miracles xxx

Hey all

We've all been a bit quite over the past week, suppose there's not that much going on really - well except the usual Christmas stress (never going into town on a Saturday ever again!)

My follow up is tomorrow! Only seems like yesterday since we had our first attempt at ivf fail. I'm still at a loss what to ask tomorrow, short notice I know but if anyone can give me suggestions that would be great.

Hope everyone is ok take care gem x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->