IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Just wanted to wish all you lovely ladies a fabulous Christmas. Much love L. Xxxxxxxx

Merry Christmas all....and wishing you lots of love and happiness for 2013...may all your dreams come true.
Sounds like everyone is busy planning for 2013... Going to be a good year I think : )
Lots of love x x x x x

Hi everyone, I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and a very very happy new year for us all, because we deserve it!!! Lots of love to you all. X

Just wanted to wish you all a merry Christmas and for those of us still suffering, i pray that next Christmas see's us as mummies or mums-to-be. Lets stay positive :) Lots of love xxx

Hi girls :) Just a quick one from me as I'm heading out the door for the hospital :-0 Hopefully this time tommorow our little one will of arrived x x

Wanted to wish you a merry Xmas & truly hope that 2013 will be the year for you ladies that are still waiting for their precious miracle x x

Sharkey good luck today, hope everything goes well. Enjoy every second as the time really does fly! Can't wait to hear about your christmas miracle xx

AQ I'm good thanks, looking forward to christmas with baby but sad at the same time that my mum won't be here to share it. Hope you are feeling ok and enjoy the festive period. Lots to look forward to in the new year with your third cycle and please please please your bfp!!!!! xx

Happy christmas to everyone and here's hoping we are celebrating lots of bfp's in 2013 xxxxxxxxxx

:xmas9:

:xmas16:

Happy Christmas everyone. Hope all those who have already got their dream enjoy their little ones this Christmas and for those of us that haven't i hope we all have our babies or on the way this time next year x x

Good luck sharkey. Thinking of you and LO and sending you hugs. Cannot wait to hear your lovely news. Xxxx

I hope that we can start a baby forum for us all to join next year. Xxxx

Ps not starting it till we all have BFP!! So want everybody through this with BFP's It's all or nothing. Xxxx

Good luck sharkey & merry Christmas to everyone. Hope 2013 is lucky for those still waiting :hugs:

xx

Good Luck Sharkey! excited for you :happydance:

Merry Christmas to you all....roll on 2013 I pray its going to be a great one for us all :baby::bfp::dust:

:xmas12::xmas9::xmas7::xmas3::xmas6:

Happy Christmas to you all!! Wishing you all lots of luck and baby dust in 2013 xxxxx

Hi girls

Belated merry Christmas to you all, hope you all had a fab Christmas!

Sharkey hope evey thing went well and your enjoying time with your new arrival!

Hi Ladies,

Hope you've all had a good rest over Christmas and are all looking forward to the excitment that 2013 is going to bring.

I hope you don't mind me jumping on to the end of the board, but I came on a couple of months ago and I have questions with regards to the drugs, the delivery and the price ...

I am due to phone the LWH on Monday (AF is on her way - right on time) to arrange to have the drug delivered, but when I spoke to the nurse at the beginning of December she didn't really give me much information on what to expect ... can any of you help please? I'm a little scared and unsure of what to expect.

I'm going through my very first free cycle of IVF so I have a lot of questions - hope you'll understand and excuse my long post:

1) what drugs am I expected to take?
2) when am I expected to take them?
3) how long am I expected to take them?
4) after making the initial call to the LWH how soon after do the drugs get delivered?
5) I am on a free NHS prescription (due to being on Tyhroxine) - will I have to pay for my drugs?
6) If I do have to pay, how much would I be expected to pay?

Sorry :shy: feeling very confused and alone.

Everyone is asking me questions (friends and family) and I know they're only trying to be supportive, but I just don't have any answers to give them.

Your friendship, guidance and support would really be appreciated :flower:

Love

Shelly xxx

Hi Ladies,

Hope you've all had a good rest over Christmas and are all looking forward to the excitment that 2013 is going to bring.

I hope you don't mind me jumping on to the end of the board, but I came on a couple of months ago and I have questions with regards to the drugs, the delivery and the price ...

I am due to phone the LWH on Monday (AF is on her way - right on time) to arrange to have the drug delivered, but when I spoke to the nurse at the beginning of December she didn't really give me much information on what to expect ... can any of you help please? I'm a little scared and unsure of what to expect.

I'm going through my very first free cycle of IVF so I have a lot of questions - hope you'll understand and excuse my long post:

1) what drugs am I expected to take?
2) when am I expected to take them?
3) how long am I expected to take them?
4) after making the initial call to the LWH how soon after do the drugs get delivered?
5) I am on a free NHS prescription (due to being on Tyhroxine) - will I have to pay for my drugs?
6) If I do have to pay, how much would I be expected to pay?

Sorry :shy: feeling very confused and alone.

Everyone is asking me questions (friends and family) and I know they're only trying to be supportive, but I just don't have any answers to give them.

Your friendship, guidance and support would really be appreciated :flower:

Love

Shelly xxx

Hey Shelly

Welcome! I've just been thru my first IVF recently - very daunting process at first but dont worry too much!

You'll be on one injection in the first instance daily (you choose the best time for you) and you take that to start down regulation - so the women's can control your cycle.

Then you have another injection to take - usually around 12ish days later (you still have to do the first one) to start stimulating you. Then when your ready for egg collection, one final injection 36 hours before your egg collectino - dont worry too much the nurse will go thru this

Once you've had egg collection you then have the lovely pellets to go thru! :( not the nicest thing in the world but you'll take them for 2 weeks before you have to test

Up to egg collection it varies for all of us, but i think my process on a long protocol from start to negative test was 49 days.

if your excempt from NHS prescriptions you wont have to pay - otherwise it's 4 prescriptions (better to get a prescription card I think) which is the same price just gives you 3 months and its 29.10

LWH should arrange the drugs delivery and they'll go to your home address. Done via courier - again the length of delivery depends when your due to start.

hope this helps and good luck!

hope everyone else is doing well

Gem x x x

Thanks Gem - really appreciate you you responding - think my brain is just going in to over drive!

All I can do is phone them on Monday I guess and see what they say ... all very exciting, very nervous and very scary really!!!!

Sorry to hear you had a BFN though - but keeping my fingers crossed you have a positive follow up appointment.

Sending hugs for 2013 xxx

Welcome to the thread little angel :flower: Good luck for your cycle x

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, dying to hear how Sharkey has got on!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g