IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hope it goes well tomorrow Gems. I didnt get any answers from mine it was just with a nurse x I asked about egg quality, sperm count and quality, whether any embryos were broken during the ICSI process etc x I was just told I responded well and they would probably put me on the same protocol x

Good luck for tomorrow gemz. i would ask about your dosage of stimms, i am trying to think back was it you that started off on low dose and then increased to six amps. i have never really got anywhere at my follow ups but no one seems to know how to help us. maybe ask about the length of time you stimulated for. Good luck and let us know how it goes x x

Hi to everyone else. hope everyone is ready for Christmas x x

Likkle- good luck for tomorrow. For my FU they went through what had happened. I asked about what changes I could make to prepare better / respond better. Also asked what they would change to improve the outcome at each stage. They told me to use the embryoscope. Xx

Good luck Gemz...I'd maybe ask if u should try short protocol this time. Ask if they used the embryo glue .... At the time did they tell you about the quality of embryos? Don't think we got told anything about that. X

Hi guys thanks for the idea. Shall sleep on it and hopefully will come to me!

Yes it was me who had a mad dosage change part way thru, didn't have ICIS but half fertilised abnormally so I think there was something wrong that they weren't telling me. What ever happens tomorrow at least ill know if well stick with the women's or move clinics

Will let you know how I get on thanks girls x x xx

Hey all, actually turned out really positive which I don't think I was expecting.

Dr kingsland was very good. He stated that I was probably under stimmulated at first which was why my dosage changed drastically part way thru so next time for a fresh cycle I'd start on a much higher dosages, also could explain why half fertilised abnormally - said usually would expect 6 to be ok. Apparently the neck of my womb is very narrow and with it being inverted, that ill need to have my cervix dilated next time (which apparently can help) big thing was thou I'm being referred to another doctor to have a lap within next 8-12 weeks. Wants to have a look inside and see if there's anything else at fault (possibly endo). Seems to think that I should be ok to start april / may probably with our frozen ones.

He said that they have an 80% chance of defrosting fine, and the chances of conceiving are just as good - sometimes better as your body hasnt got all those drugs in your system.

A bit of a relief to know what's going to happen next, although the decision now is whether i have the lap at Liverpool or at whiston? Not sure which option to do. Still feel like a bit of a mess, but hubby wants us to go on holiday during his February half term - reckons we've put our life on hold waiting for results / clinics etc that to get away from it all might be a good thing.

I'm glad i know what's my next step but part of me is slightly disappointed that if we do this route we wont be in a position to try until at least April / May so we wont have a baby next christmas (which we were both hoping that we would have our first family christmas next year

mixed emotions i think x x x

Hi girls, hope everyone is ok. Sorry not been on for ages, keep meaning to post and then get side tracked.

Gemz glad your fu went well, sounds positive. I know you must be disappointed waiting until April but if you have the best chances of conceiving then its worth the wait. I think a holiday sounds a good idea, you will be nice and relaxed before your FET. Are you going to stay at the women's now? xx

AQ glad your appointment went well, sounds like you have a great plan for the new year. Am still praying I am reading your pregnancy journal in a few months time!!!! Xx

Jules glad that all is ok now with the twins, that must have been such a worrying time. Are you going to find out what you are having?

Sharkey good luck next week, your pregnancy seems to have flown by. Don't forget to update us on your Xmas miracle xx

Hi to the rest of the gang, sorry for lack of other personals but I'm on my phone and can't keep track of all the posts, :wacko: sorry!!

Hope everyone is ready for Xmas :xmas9: and here's to bfp's for everyone in 2013 xxxxx

Gems: Great to hear you got some answers and wernt fobbed off like most of us but I guess that is because you seen Mr K and he does go into a lot more detaill x if the lap and dye will help then go for it - I asked to have that done after my failed cycle but they wont allow it because I will need IVF regardless as the problem is with OHs sperm :growlmad:

Likkle- glad appt was positive. I found mine helped me focus on the next go.

Susie - good to see you.

Hugs to all

HI all

thanks so much for all the comments - i cant tell you how much it makes me feel better! Makes me know I'm not really alone in this horrible cycle of IVF etc. I'm staying positive (if it's a bit hard too!) I see Dr K again in April so hopefully lots of good things will happen between now and then. Gonna see the consultant at Whiston and then make a decision, but for the time being I think were gonna stay there. We have a named nurse too - forgot to mention that before that we can contact should anything go a bit mad over the next 12 weeks. Regardless IVF is still our best chance - the lap isnt going to change that but gives us all a better picture of what's going on, and why my life has taken such a downward spirial since the HSG.

As for a break - yes I'm really looking forward to it - where we'll go I havent got a clue! Both hubby and I have travelled most of Europe. Would love a city break somewhere, were we can relax and do a bit of sight seeing but not much - just relax and have some us time. I know its off topic a bit but any ideas?

Thanks Susie. I pray that is something you can read soon :) how are u? x

Glad all went well Gemz x

Melbram- How are u doing? x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Hi ladies

Gemz glad you felt you got some answers so focus on mid next year now and you'll be preggo!

AQ - not sure when that means you are starting again. Have you decided to stay with HC or are you investigating other places?

Sharkey - I remember we cycled together on my MC cycle so wish you lots of luck and hopefully that will be me and our bean will stick next time :)

Drugs being delivered tomorrow. All our bloods came back normal so that's good news - so we just need to get a good quality egg and no reason why I can't have a successful pregnancy. So prayin with all my heart and soul that this works. Got my drug training on Friday and then just wait until AF shows, scan day1-2 to see if I have follies and if we have we start injections I think day 2-3. Just praying for a new year miracle.

I have found myself getting really emotional and crying not sure if cos my due date was Boxing Day for our m/c angel but guess it probably is. Is this normal those who've suffered the same horrible m/c? Kind of crept up on me

Fingers crossed and happy Christmas to you all. May 2013 bring us all our miracles safely xx

MrsE- Great news your bloods came back all clear and that your starting again soon. How fast has that came around?! I am sure you will get your BFP as you responded so well last time. Stay positive. I know its very sad when angel due dates come around but one day we will get to have a true due date and not just what we imagined would be((hugs)).
We start x3 IVF with ICSI in March if my lap etc goes well in January so not long for us either :) we will be staying at the women's as they seem to be having good success rates lately according to a lot of ladies. Are you having this cycle at the women's? xxx

Hi AQ

Drugs arrived and considering its roughly a 2 week short type protocol it's a lot of drugs!! Need to find somewhere to hide them!!

Yes great news about bloods and sure I will get my positive hat on after Boxing Day I feel for some reason that it will be my watershed and I can move forward finally. This will also be my 3 x ICSI but not at women's this time we have a lovely Italian consultant who works out of consulting rooms at The Alex private hosp in Cheshire. I work in Manchester so easy for me to get to. The women's didn't have any ideas for me with my AMH problem so our new consultant is the man to convinced all PCTs to offer AMH tests as standard before ivf treatment and he has done lots of research and using DHEA plus he's doing a priming cycle with me to try and get the quality eggs and lower dose drugs. I'm on Gonal F, luveris and cetrotide this time. Got my training on Friday and then wait for AF to show and see if I have follies!!

Fingers crossed for your lap and dye or is it a hysteroscopy like I had with camera? Either way they are nothing at all to worry about. You'll be fine.

Fingers crossed for us all xxx

AQ: Im good thanks as long as everything is ok at home Im hoping to start preping for round 2 in the NY so will hopefully cycle around March time

MrsE: Exciting to be starting again feels like a lifetime ago that I was jabbing away - think im finally getting ready to do it all over again - Good LUck x

Lots of new cycles getting started soon!! Hope and pray they all end in BFP!! Xxx

MrsE- Ooh your plan of action sounds great! :) I will be having a hysteroscopy and a Lap but not a dye as i have no tubes. lol. Hope that i get the all clear to start our next cycle in the spring as im raring to go now. I took cetrotide with my last cycle. It stings a little at first and you have to rub to dissolve the build up under the skin as its thicker oil type solution but after a few its fine x

Melbram- Great news that your starting in March cos all being well we should be too x

Hi to Lindy, Gemz, Susie, Lisa, Sharkey and all the gang xxx

Well drug training was fine got the low down on what I take on which days. Now just going to enjoy Christmas, get through Boxing Day and then get raring to go for round 3!

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy 2013 where all our dreams and wishes come true. Xx

Yet! Mrs I'm so pleased for you! Fx your little miracle arrives!!!

Melbram & AQ: wishes I was starting with you both at march, but it's probably going to be April / may time for me - hopefully next Christmas they'll be lots of babies or pregnancies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->