IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Thanks bugs I really wish you luck too with your journey. I know you say you feel this cycle is doomed but I hope you're wrong :hugs:

I have already asked about transferring my funding to care and this isn't an option since my pct doesn't have a contract with care :cry: I have heard nothing but good reviews about care so this is why I've got myself in a tiz about it all! And also because I'm 38 this year. I don't think there is an issue with my eggs at the moment though.

Bugs - oh you really have been through it. I didn't particularly have a immature egg issue however when discussing my protocol this time with the private clinic I was put on 225 of GonalF plus 150 of luveris so no where near the 6amps HC put me on - when I asked why these drugs he said the luveris starts to mature the eggs whilst the follicles grow. Look it up online perhaps if you wanted to go again it may be worth investigating. Otherwise I don't have any other suggestions cos as you say it's hard to know if its immune or AMH. But I wouldn't give up any hope my lovely you have 2 embies there so you need to concentrate on them snuggling in otherwise your 2ww will be hellish xxx

So what is your otd? Mine I think will be 31st jan but won't know until Monday when I speak to my consultant.

Oh and on the ultrasound issue I thought the same but I did get BFP on first cycle but mc. However today they did us one I think because of my uterus issue.

Welcome to the new joiners an ask away we are all here to help xx

I think a definite change of protocol is needed I've always just been on Menopur for stimms and it's obviously not agreeing with me. My AMH is low at 7 but I don't think that explains the immature thing as other than that I respond pretty well. Don't really want to give up on my own eggs at age 31 but we've spent more than £40,000 with nothing to show for it so donor eggs could be our best option xxxx

Bugs - I can totally understand that you are not ready to give up I feel the same and I'm 37! Perhaps go and speak to other clinics see what protocols they use. That's effectively what i did at the fertility show I went to the stands for all the clinics I ws interested in and quizzes them about protocols in my case is for zero AMH so cost me nothin other than train to london. That event actually helped me decide not to go to care although I have lots of friends who've gone there and had great success but having spoken to them I just had a feeling they were not going to be right for me.

Your AMH is fine hon but I would definately be asking for different drugs to see how you respond. As I said I have zero AMH but was put on a dosage almost half my previous cycles - so I was super nervous that I wouldn't respond tbh cos this cycles with all new drugs felt like I was starting from scratch cos you just don't know how you will respond.

Anyway you don't have any decisions to make you have 2 embies so give them the best chance. I've only got one this time so odds are prob not as good as if I had two back but we may have one for the freezer fingers crossed.

Don't give up hope yet and if you want to DM me for contact details of clinic I used in Manchester this time then happy to give them to you xxx

Thanks MrsE I know I should be thinking positive, I'm like a walking hormone tonight can't stop bloody crying talk about doom & gloom.

I'll see how this cycle pans out and then we can look at our options from there. Thanks very much for the support and the best of luck with your embryo baby xxxx

My acupuncturist was called Oriental Therapy I think and comes to liverpool but has a place in southport. Not sure if it works but got my BFP so would pay it all again.

Bugs- I got a book on immune stuff. Yo be honest it was a bit high brow got me. Will check what it was. Have they advised you anything to do different before you start a cycle?

Bugs- keep your chin up. You have been through so much. Sending big hugs xxx

Thanks Lindy we've had the full level 1 & 2 immunes done. We share a D Q Alpha match which means the DNA of the baby partially matches my own so my body attacks the embryo's I also have a high level of immunes anyway so that is why we're having intralipids and steroids to suppress my immune system. But none of that really means shit if you haven't got decent embies to work with xxxx

I read the Dr A Beer book is your body baby friendly. Would definately recommend it wish we'd had the immunes done 3 cycles ago xxxx

Bugs- I know your feeling down about all this but i would see it as this- if we managed to get pregnant naturally, we would never know if that embryo was top quality or not and im sure many arent and still turn into healthy babies. A lot of us have had grade A embies transferred and got a BFN and some women have lower quality transferred and get that elusive BFP so stay strong and positive. I truly admire how determined you are and i am the same. Where there is life there is hope. I have everything crossed for you. Obviously i would love to see us all get BFPS but you even more so, as you have endured so many cycles and i have been following your story for so long alongside my own journey so tons of good luck vibes coming your way xxx

Thanks AQ it means a lot, we certainly have been through the mill haven't we. I feel a bit better today I think coz I'm on the PIO injections which are so painful my arse is purple so when you feel like your going through it for nothing. But as you say I have to have faith in my little 7 cell, I had my transfer at 10am so who's to say it didn't go to 8 cells by the afternoon.

I think I'm also putting up a barrier to stop it hurting so much if it doesn't work. Self preservation and all that xxxx

I really appreciate all your support and if anyone wants to know anything about treatment or immunes I'm a serial cycler now so I'll do my best xxxx

Bugs- Yes we have been through the mill so im sure some luck is due our way ;-)
Congrats on being pupo! when is OTD? i will be hoping and praying you get your BFP this cycle and there is no reason why not. The show is not over till the witch sings and its time she took a holiday for 9mths ;-) I am always here for you if you need to chat. Just PM me and i can give you my mobile number or email. Anytime xxx

Thanks AQ my OTD is the 28th and I've swore I will not POAS until the day before !!!!

Hi ladies. Had some decisions this morning about our remaining embryo. It did go on to become a blastocyst however they grade the inner and outer cells and ours is what they call a 4 BC Blasto with A being the best so clearly not the best. So we needed to decide if to freeze will cost £900 given that only got a 50/50 chance of surviving the freezing and thawing process. Anyway having discussed it with our consultant he's recommend we freeze and if I'm not successful this cycle then we do a fresh but defrost the Blasto cos you can mix them and decide which is best.

Hope we've made the right decision cos we don't have endless money but hopefully it will be worth it!

X

It's such a tough decision and I think I'm glad that it's one we've not had to make. Care charge extra to go to blast and then extra again to freeze so it's added extra's all the time.

I think if we'd have had the choice though we would have frozen so here's hoping for less than perfect embies all round xxxx

Bugs so sorry that you are having to go through all this. I have friends who have had multiple cycles and I know the pain they have gone through.
Just to give you some hope, I transferred a 7 cell and a 6 cell on day 3, no frosties. At the time I was upset I didn't get to blast but its proof you don't always need to! I'll also never know which one stuck! Praying hard for your bfp :hugs: x

MrsE I reckon you made the right decision, otherwise you would always think 'what if?' Sending sticky thoughts x

Bugs, sorry to but in, noticed your signature and wondered how you go about getting immune tests? I'm from St Helens so localish to you if you're in liverpool

We went through Care in Manchester for our last 3 cycles. We don't qualify for NHS treatment as my OH has kids from a previous relationship so we have to pay anyway.

Care recommended the immune tests after the chemical and previous fails. I think you can have the basic immune tests done on the NHS after 3 miscarriages but I don't think it's something they really believe in. It cost us £2500 for the level 1 & 2 tests but it did give us some answers xxxx

Bugs do you mind me asking roughly how much one cycle costs at care? Also what is the waiting time?

It costs just over £3000 for Ivf then a further £1000 if you need ICSI and then you have the cost of pre treatment tests and drugs on top which in themselves can cost another £1000. So not cheap but as it's private you get an appointment within a few weeks and your normally pretty good to start straight away.

I've also done an egg share cycle at Care where you donate half your eggs that cost about £1500 so a lot cheaper way of doing things. I believe they're us actually a waiting list for donor cycles now as not enough people needing donor eggs are coming forward to keep up with the amount wanting to egg share xxxx

MrsE- I think you made the right decision. Best of luck x

Bugs- Hang in there. This could be your time x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back