Ivf/ICSI successes or natural bfp after IVF/ICSI. Anyone welcome :) x

Jamie_lee_c_

Reaction score
Hi ladies just wanted to start an ivf thread, for ladies who are currently pregnant or had children with assistance and can have a gab without feeling like they are hurting other people's feelings.

I was on a thread that was for people who have all had ivf in the same place and have all had to go through the same experience, some unfortunately have not gotten there dream yet, and had to go through a lot more. which is sad so I am still going to keep my eye on that thread as I wish everyone on there all the luck in the world. And I hope one day they will get there chance to be mums.

But as its been mentioned on the thread, pregnancy talk may upset others, so this is why I have made this one!
Hope it makes sense and not offending anyone xx

Jamie, I know what you mean, even though my pregnancy turned out naturally - i still feel like it was all part of my ivf journey (as it followed from my lap) and I don't feel I quite belong in those threads where people jut ttc and it worked for them - we tried for nearly 4 years - am I safe to join?

Yeah much better since my abcess is under control! I've got a lot of wind and bloating now thou - how far along where you when you felt your baby kick?

Ah good good.
The nurse said I was anaemic so put me on iron tablets... I'm right with you there feeling bloated.

I was about 17-18 weeks when I could feel her moving from the inside but it wasn't until about 24-25 weeks where I could properly feel and distinguish them, and oh could feel too xx

Can I join too? I still don't feel like I belong/fit in in the normal pregnancy forums, this thread sounds perfect :)

Woohoo, just noticed down to double figures! :)

Cool, was wondering if I was imagining the fluttering in belly. Thought I felt movement last night inside, but thought that was too early!!

Have you done much shopping yet?

Hey Harley :) how you doing? Congratulations on your double digits :)

Bought anything? Gemz I have nothing really left to buy haha.
My sister is throwing me a baby shower on te 7th so I haven't bought any clothes or things like nappies/ soaps wash stuff etc.
I have her first outfit and most of the essentials.

Her room is done too �� xx

Harley! Woop 99 days, finally in double figures x x

I bought a few bits at the weekend as hubby and i wanted to get first bits together. Spent a small fortune in mamas and papas! I've totally fallen in love with their once upon a time range!!

Looked at cot beds and can't believe how expensive they are! :( thinking I need a small Mortage at this rate!

Ooh I've not seen that range ill have to nosey!

Tell me about the cost! We have been VERY lucky with what we have gotten, I had a loan which I got 600 pound back on Ppi charges... Went straight on the pram which cost 640 altogether with car seat.

Then when we went furniture shopping oh's mum and dad came too and ended up paying for it (first grandchild... I hope she's not spoilt haha)
We got the Taunton range from mothercare which was 799 separately or 599 when bought as a 3 pack.. Cotbed/drawers/ wardrobe

image.jpg

I got the daisy lane range from mothercare :)

Hello ladies

hope you dont mind me joining although mine is a natural BFP after 2 failed rounds of IVF. Its taken a long time for me to get to where i am now.

Gems Ive been feeling little flutters (nothing really strong yet) for about 3 weeks now.

Have 20 week scan tomorrow at 11:10 so nervous as some of you know about my quad test so hope everything turns out to be fine brain and heart especially as peanut could have a heart defect or cysts on the brain

xx

Hey you found us :) hi!
Of course we don't mind you joining, you still had to go through the process and pain.
We're all just happy and grateful to be where we are!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow! Are you going to find out sex or just concentrate on the scan itself? Xx

Wrighty I'm sure everything will be fine! Stay positive hunni!

Jamie, I know what you mean. We're lucky that thankfully we've got most of the room kitted out furniture wise from when we got new furniture let year. So have wardrobe which my dad put in extra shelves for us (makes it more practical!) and a chest of draws and I've got a lovely chair that we've put in there. Just need. Cot - the one We both love is from M&P (although you can buy it in tesco and use club card points!) but including the mattress it's £525! My parents are buying us our pram though, and hubby's parents have been buying all kinds of stuff - went round on Sunday and MIL had bought us a video baby monitor! I thought hubby and I were good holding out to heart eat, but she's obviously gone slightly mad. It's first grand child on both sides so Im pretty sure he/she is gonna be spoilt!

You stuff is beautiful - I saw that in mothercare at the weekend, but were going to stick neutral! My brother is desperate for a nephew, whilst my sisters are desperate for a niece! My youngest sister is 4 and she asked if we could swap it if it was a boy, and when I told her we couldn't she asked if we 'cut his wee wee off then it would be a girl' - never ever baby sitting!

Harley, are you all ready too?

We went for the Henley cotbed from babies r us with the hip hip hooray bedding set, mattress and changing mat special offer for £229, they had an additional offer on for the royal baby a few weeks ago, an extra 30%, bargain! They have lots of offers all the time, there was a 20% offer last weekend. We're just getting a normal wardrobe and chest of drawers from ikea, about £150 in total. We haven't got much left to get and still can't believe it's real!

Harley, our old furniture is the pax ikea range - luckily we got them in white so awesome, and the plastic draws / shelves makes life so handy with extra storage space hidden away! :)

His mum told me she seem a dress the other day and "couldn't resist!" Buying it. When his dad started laughing and shaking his head I got curious, asked if I could see it... It's a party dress for ages 2-3!! As well as matching shoes haha! What can I say to that!

My sister is pregnant too, 2 weeks behind me and she is having a boy so we will have one of each. Her ds1 wanted a sister so "daddy didn't stop playing with him" and asked if he could have my tilly instead ha, he's come round to the idea now as we have all told him he will have a friend to help tag team against his dad.. (He loves wwf or wwe or whatever wrestling ha)

Aww that's too cute :). My sister in law just had a little boy a couple of weeks ago, so the cousins will be quite close, also they already have a little girl who was 1 last week ( I know 2 un der 1!) so there will be 3 of them within a year and a half, my mum can't wait, she loves little ones :)

My mum is the same, so excited to have 2 grand kids within a few weeks! Maybe even sooner. It's my first so have a chance of going over and her 2nd so she could go anytime! Even though secretly I want to have mine first ha, she stole my moment after all getting pregnant at the same time.. :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->