IVF in june/july 2012

Thanks for the positive words girls. You are right! 1 is all it takes. She said the doctor is very pleased and that's all I can ask for. My day 5 will be Monday the 25th. They are going to call me again Saturday and let me know how they are growing. I will keep y'all posted. I'm really sore right now so getting out of bed is not too fun. I have lost a pound though so I guess that's good news as far as OHSS is concerned.

MsTX - So excited for you!! Hoping those little embryos of yours just turn out perfect. And that is great about losing a pound. I know they say to watch out for weight gain for OHSS so hopefully that means it is staying far away!

afamilygal - I am right there with you on being a mess! I am second guessing everything and keep forgetting stuff during my injections. Last night I forgot my menopur vials and started getting the syringe ready only to realize I had nothing to mix up. This morning I forgot my gauze which normally wouldn't have been a problem but the ganirelix decided to start leaking out of the injection spot this morning and I had to find some gauze quickly to stop the dripping. I blame it on the hormones! Also, I got italian sausage to cook up for dinner one night but the thought of it now makes me sick. What a mess!

After I had my little freak out about not progressing the way I thought I should be I settled down and figured if things weren't going well they would have changed my meds or said something and all the doc keeps saying is things are going great so I have settled down a bit. I'm still worried about not having enough ganirelix and we haven't ordered my trigger yet which was originally scheduled for Tuesday so I left a message for my nurse tonight. IVF has made me a worrywart!

oneof14- how was your u/s today? I'm rooting for you toots!!

Amylou- like one of14,i do my bloods before 8 and the office has it later that day. You can always call try to the labs/ your office and find out if the results are in.

Raelynn- aw hon. I know that seems bad since you thought you had more but honestly, 17 is awesome! I think being under 10 at this point is good right? They don't want them to get too big too fast. The key is that they are more or less the same size. (i think- listen to me, i have no idea! :dohh:)
not sure why you are already on this ganirelix but i'm sure they have a darn good reason. Be sure to ask when they call.

Wantingachild- thanks so much for your post! That did help me to read. I really hope that this perfect embie is the one!! Yippe!!! So you still have a week and a half til betas? Will you test before hand at all?
I have heard that too about quality over quantity but i haven't the foggiest idea if my little eggs are any good!! Let's hope so! The truth is you only need one but i was really hoping for a frozen or 2 for the future (aren't we all)
but i guess just cause you had a frozen, doesnt mean it will thaw ok. So there's that. I'm feeling a little better today. Had a meltdown yesterday. Not pretty!! Ate a whole bag of potatoe chips and watched several episodes of 'the united states of tara'. :) great balls of fire that is a funny show.

Mstx- 25 is a huge number and i know you were hoping for more, but i say 5 is a darn good number, and they may sound like they are going to be good ones!! Wishing all the luck in the world dear! So when is day 5 for you? Sunday?

Jmc- how's it going dear? You still feeling fine? Anything 'unusual'? Miss you!

As for me, i am a spaz. Get this, you're going to laugh. Last night i had to inject myslef with 375 f gonal f and i had a pen with what i calculated to be 225. So i decided to use it up and start a new pen. So i set up the 225 and a new one to 150. I did them both and then realized that the old pen still had some medicine in it. So i looked at the dial and it was only on 187.5! I could have slapped myself! So i got the new pen and did another shot with 75.
Well... If you guys cam add quickly, you'll know thats too much. :dohh:
Such a moron, i did 37.5 more than i needed to!!! I sent a txt to my dr and asked him if it was ok. He said yes tg. But what a ninkenpoop right?!

Sheesh. So anyhow. Now i'm super loaded with gonal f and my ovaries are starting to huuuurt. Im worried that the big one is going to be huge tomorrow and it will be go time. I hope more are growing!!! And i have more time for them to develop!!!
Man, i was not kidding about that drink thing. I want one. A cold icy margarita. Ah! Wouldn't that hit the spot??
Alright! Mindless ranting over. Later dolls!!
Xo

i am scheduled for testing on july 2nd....which just so happens to be my mom's birthday.....my mom passed away in june of 2000.....so as much as i will probably want to test beforehand, i am hoping to wait until her birthday....i just think that would be the perfect way to celebrate her day (if it turns out positive).

Please let me know how your scan goes tomorrow...i am rooting for you and that one perfect one also!!! :)

Hello all my ladies!! So sorry i've been MIA yesterday and today so far. Crazy at work lately! So many updates...I just hope I don't miss anyone....I read all the posts but when there are so many between posting myself I tend to maybe miss a few.

oneof14 - how was your u/s today? Hope things are well!

L4hope - I am doing a shared risk plan and we had to do all of those tests but Im so sorry that I can't provide much info. My clinic doesnt seem to tell me much on numbers/levels of anything...just that we qualified. I honestly don't even know what any of the numbers were that made us qualify. They like to tell us that "no news is good news" so we just have to trust them I guess. I sure hope you can still qualify...

raelynn- try not to let it get ya down hun. I'm not sure if ganirelix is same as lupron but from what I thought my dr. said was that the lupron keeps them from maturing too quickly and from releasing and I was on it the whole cycle. 17 follies is still good!!! Did you ask when the nurse called though?! My clinic likes to see between 8-15. I think one important thing for all of us ladies worried about the number of follies is that it's not always the quantity that's best since you could have 40 but still only end up with 5 fertilized. It's the quality that's most important!!! I know I know, tell me to shut it hehe..

MsTX- im glad to hear that your retrieval went well and that's such a good number! I know 5 is probably a shocker as it was for me too. But it could be worse. I am sorry that you're sore but it sounds like the OHSS is staying at bay which is GREAT!!! Hope you rest up lots and take care of yourself....can't wait to hear your update on saturday!!

Afamilygal - hi hun! sorry i been away but im glad someone missed me :) Missed you as well! im sorry you're feelin down hun and had a meltdown....chin up hun, you can still take off and get TONS more follies! Wantingachild's post to you should definitely give you hope!! Oh boy! Too much gonal f huh?! Maybe that will do the trick for you hehe. Shoot though, im sorry you're hurting but that just has to be a good thing for you!! Oooo I didn't see your post about wanting a drink but gosh I tell ya what I couldn't agree more....I'm not even big drinker but man when you can't have one it seems like you want it more!!! cheers :beer:

I am feeling pretty dang good i'd have to say! I actually had a bit of mild cramping late yesterday and into the evening...nothing terrible, just definitely there. Not sure if that's a good sign?? Anyone know?? I woudl have been 5dp3dt yesterday. Haven't noticed it too much today or tonight yet. Other than that...nothing!! Feelin pretty dang good about things though....trying to stay positive! Less than a week and i'll be either the happiest ever or pretty bummed but thankful that we have a few more tries.

Afamilygal- BTW, absolutely LOVE your new picture!!! How beautiful!!!

jmc - I'm trying to keep in mind that we want quality eggs not some poor quality ones that shoot up. I'm sure that is why I'm already on ganirelix...keep them all together with a nice slow progression. Being patient for those follicles to grow is tough though! I couldn't ask my nurse tonight since it was a different nurse that called and she left a message on my hubby's phone instead of calling mine. I left a message for my nurse though so hopefully I'll get some more info from her. I've heard cramping can be a good sign so fingers crossed your BFP will be arriving shortly!!

jmc - I'm trying to keep in mind that we want quality eggs not some poor quality ones that shoot up. I'm sure that is why I'm already on ganirelix...keep them all together with a nice slow progression. Being patient for those follicles to grow is tough though! I couldn't ask my nurse tonight since it was a different nurse that called and she left a message on my hubby's phone instead of calling mine. I left a message for my nurse though so hopefully I'll get some more info from her. I've heard cramping can be a good sign so fingers crossed your BFP will be arriving shortly!!

I totally understand that hun...being patient with anything in IVF is next to impossible I think. Just keep treating yourself well and try to relax as much as you can....I hope the nurse calls you back quickly and then you can feel a bit better!! Thanks for crossing fingers for me!!! I sure hope you're right...:hugs:

oneof14- how was your u/s today? I'm rooting for you toots!!

thank you! u/s was good, I still have 8 follies, some are now 13mm and some are 9mm, my e2 is 427, so it is going up. I am actually kind of bummed that my lining is only 7 (they like it to be 8) I am hoping that improves. Its always something :shrug:

amylou- like one of14,I do my bloods before 8 and the office has it later that day. you can always call try to the labs/ your office and find out if the results are in.

raelynn- aw hon. I know that seems bad since you thought you had more but honestly, 17 is awesome! I think being under 10 at this point is good right? they don't want them to get too big too fast. the key is that they are more or less the same size. (I think- listen to me, I have no idea! :dohh:)
not sure why you are already on this ganirelix but I'm sure they have a darn good reason. be sure to ask when they call.

Wantingachild- thanks so much for your post! that did help me to read. I really hope that this perfect embie is the one!! yippe!!! so you still have a week and a half til betas? will you test before hand at all?
I have heard that too about quality over quantity but I haven't the foggiest idea if my little eggs are any good!! let's hope so! the truth is you only need one but I was really hoping for a frozen or 2 for the future (aren't we all)
but I guess just cause you had a frozen, doesnt mean it will thaw ok. so there's that. I'm feeling a little better today. had a MELTDOWN yesterday. not pretty!! ate a whole bag of potatoe chips and watched several episodes of 'the united states of tara'. :) great balls of fire that is a funny show.

MsTX- 25 is a huge number and I know you were hoping for more, but I say 5 is a darn good number, and they may sound like they are going to be good ones!! wishing all the luck in the world dear! so when is day 5 for you? Sunday?

jmc- how's it going dear? you still feeling fine? anything 'unusual'? miss you!

as for me, I am a SPAZ. get this, you're going to laugh. last night I had to inject myslef with 375 f gonal F and I had a pen with what I calculated to be 225. so I decided to use it up and start a new pen. so I set up the 225 and a new one to 150. I did them both and then realized that the old pen still had some medicine in it. so I looked at the dial and it was only on 187.5! I could have slapped myself! so I got the new pen and did ANOTHER shot with 75.
well... if you guys cam add quickly, you'll know thats too much. :dohh:
SUCH A moron, I did 37.5 more than I needed to!!! I sent a txt to my dr and asked him if it was ok. he said yes TG. but what a ninkenpoop right?!

sheesh. so anyhow. now I'm SUPER loaded with gonal F and my ovaries are starting to huuuurt. Im worried that the big one is going to be huge tomorrow and it will be go time. I hope more are growing!!! and I have more time for them to develop!!!
man, I was not kidding about that drink thing. I want one. a cold icy margarita. AH! wouldn't that hit the spot??
alright! mindless ranting over. later dolls!!
xo

OMG, I am sorry to laugh, but that is hysterical! Girl, I would LOVE a icy cold margarita as well!!

Hi girls, I'm just lurking. We're signed up for IVF in a few months here and just wondering about a few things. Would you let me know your opinions/experiences?
1. how long do you let the eggs mature 3 or 5 days? My friend was saying they did 3 day maturation twice with no success and it costs heaps each time. For them the 5 day worked best, why wouldn't one just do 5 day from the get go?
2. How many eggs or blasts whatever you call them, how many did you get implanted? Did you try a few the first time then more or lucky no 3? Were you recommended a certain number? I'm going to be 37, after we saw the video it seems they offer older ladies more because it's less successful as you age? I'm really unsure of what to do.
Thank you very much in advance!!! And I'm wishing you success and quick healing...strong beautiful moms-to-be :hugs::hugs:

2have- which day to transfer seems to depend in some part on the clinic and in some part on your eggs., my doc was 80% sure we were doing day 3 mostly age related i think (im 39). but when i had 8 perfect embies at day 3.. they decided to go to day 5. the idea is that by day 5 you will be able to sort out the "stronger" embryos. if you have several equally good look embies then it is worth it to wait and see if they are really that good.. if you only have a few, or if only 1 or 2 really look good on day 3 then it isnt worth risking losing them all. they will always do better in you than in the dish

as far as how many? yeah it seems again to depend on clinic, dr, country and age as well as prior failed attempts. pre egg retrieval doc suggested 2-3.. after he still said 2. despite not wanting twins i still went with 2

Thank you dr squid, ok, you had two, at 5 days? Are you in your tww? I'm hoping for a big healthy one for ya. I suppose the docs will provide more guidance than just the options stated in the video, we go to a session july 5th.
Did you all have the option to be completely knocked out for the retrieval?

i wasnt given the option.. being knocked out was the way it was presented as being done., they used propofol and fentanyl which was fabulous cause it wears off way quick. i wasnt sleepy or ill at all after

yeah 1 had 2 at day 5 on monday

family- pretty pic but i liked the moustache =)

I have been taking Lupron since Monday and I was wondering if anyone else has expierienced any PMS/mood swings? That is the only side effect that I have noticed so far. It's not too bad, but definitely noticable.

Ms TX- glad you're losing the weight- that does seem like a very good sign indeed!sorry you are still so sore- just take it easy and stay in bed as long as you can!

Raelynn- tell me about it! I am not sure how many days I have left to stim but Im running low on my gonal F and I need to get them to send me more ASAP since it is Friday. EEK!
its hard to keep track of everything... :p
I normally love sausages/pork but everything meaty has me feeling sick. so much for the uber protein diet! I feel so yucky about eating in the evenings!! is there another way to get the protein? what do vegetarians do? eat a ton of nuts?? eggs still sound good to me so Ill have that for lunch. when is your next u/s?

Wantingachild- that's sweet about the beta being on your mother's birthday. I'm sorry to hear of her passing. :( I hope it is a big old +!!!
thanks for the encouraging words, Ill sign on after the scan and let you know how it went.

JMC- hello dear!!! glad to hear you are feeling good. the cramping may definitely be something. last pregnancy I had a lot of period like cramps and I hear lots of women say that. yay!!! I'm so hopeful for you!!
less than a week?! awesome... I cant wait! Thanks for the nice post about the picture!
you sound so positive! I'm going to let that rub off on me today while I wait to go in for the u/s. I'm so nervous that there wont be any more! I want one good one to transplant and one or two to freeze... i'm scared that none of them will mature/fertilize etc. see why I need to stay positive? its like a black hole!! :)

oneof14- can't blame you for laughing. I did too :haha:

2have4kids- looks like drsquid answered your questions but I'm wishing you luck!!! also, I'm pretty sure they put everyone 'under' its mostly moonlight anesthesia so you just wont remember anything. but you won't be asleep asleep, just heavily sedated. and like squid said, it's not too hard to come out of. I would ask for something for nausea if you get nauseated easily like me.

drsquid- I liked the mustache too. I'm partial to facial hair :D

missannabelle- I like just lupron, it made me very even tempered and rational. (not at all like myself! :D) but everyone is different.
the gonal F has me teary. crazy ass drugs...

SO! I managed to hurt my ankle in yoga yesterday :dohh: Ill be icing it until our u/s later.
I'm anxious about what we will find out!!!
xo

yeah 1 had 2 at day 5 on monday

family- pretty pic but i liked the moustache =)

Thanks so much drsquid & afamilygal, Sticky baby dust to all of you. Who all is on their first IVF vs numero 2,3,4?
i'm excited to join you all, this is going to be a long long wait this summer. Here's hoping it flies by being fun filled and full of BFP's for everyone.

I have been taking Lupron since Monday and I was wondering if anyone else has expierienced any PMS/mood swings? That is the only side effect that I have noticed so far. It's not too bad, but definitely noticable.

Hi hun! Oh lordy yes, thanks for reminding me of those mood swings! Yikes! I do remember that now that you mention it. It did seem to get better after a few days though.

Good luck afamilygal, I am sure it will be fine, looking forward to an update.

Lupron gave me headaches and completely zapped my energy. I felt pretty crappy. The died round of gonal for an iui cycle I liked the gonal. This time I found it didn't totally counteract how crappy I felt on lupron.

Yes this is my first try. I'm single and "failed" 4 iui cycles only to find the sperm was bad. Decided it was faster to just do ivf.

Family- heh the funny think is I don't like em but for some reason I find the trend of girl mustache shots really amusing. Was at a shop with my mom where they had the sunglasses with attached mustache. Mom lost it when I spun around wearing them. Sorry bout the ankle hope it feels better

Nothing much to report. Super exhausted but progesterone will do that to you. Picked up a wicked headache today. My butt is mostly back to normal. I'm guessing I'm now at the point of what is usually the worst for people on pio. I have a hard lump on the right and the prior injections spots are sore. But I can walk

=
JMC- hello dear!!! glad to hear you are feeling good. the cramping may definitely be something. last pregnancy I had a lot of period like cramps and I hear lots of women say that. yay!!! I'm so hopeful for you!!
less than a week?! awesome... I cant wait! Thanks for the nice post about the picture!
you sound so positive! I'm going to let that rub off on me today while I wait to go in for the u/s. I'm so nervous that there wont be any more! I want one good one to transplant and one or two to freeze... i'm scared that none of them will mature/fertilize etc. see why I need to stay positive? its like a black hole!! :)

SO! I managed to hurt my ankle in yoga yesterday :dohh: Ill be icing it until our u/s later.
I'm anxious about what we will find out!!!
xo

Hi Hun! I sure hope you're right on the cramps but I haven't noticed them much since then so who knows. Less than a week!!!! Only 6 days including today!! I am actually not usually this positive but I just have to be and just have a good feeling for some reason. I know you're nervous for your u/s but just hang in there....I have a good feeling for you too! I know it's hard but just hang on hun! When is your u/s?? I can't wait to hear. Shoot about your ankle! You need to take it easy! How are you managing yoga with the twisting and all by the way?! Aren't you uncomfortable?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->